/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #625 - This Shit Needs to End Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

for what purpose

What the fuck?

>This Shit Needs to End
You mean /sthg/?

The retard shitposting and janitors not doing their jobs properly.

Swatbot abuse at this point. Some were talking about the aftermath of what happened the past week. Those comments got selectively deleted and then the whole thread.

Didn't we have a board where we could post our complaints about this stuff?

There was no shitposting in the last 30 or so comments. Only commentary about /sthg/ and its posters.

Pretty sure that stupid catfucker was complaining about getting banned, had his posts deleted, and then the thread was 404'd when I got there.

Then they should aim for him and not let the rest suffer. Can't they report him to someone or something for the shit he posts here?

IGN intensifies.

It's gonna be a while before people find their way back here, huh.

>thread #625
It's 626 Holy shit why can't you faggots count

I left for an hour and a half to go save flashes for the archive. WTF happened?

Sitting there for 20 minutes wondering why no one was posting please

Literally admin abuse

I sometimes wonder if we should just drop the number.

I see no reason to. I'd like to keep track of our progress.

>Counting deleted threads

Tell me about your steel donuts and how would they interact with Bump or Sage.

I'd rather wonder what Bump's reaction to Classic Sonic would be.

Yeah, I'm not counting the thread that got 404'd. I won't retroactively reverse the numbers but I'm not going to keep counting half-threads as if they got archived from auto-saging.

>Encouraging OC garbage
How about no

My OC would be incredibly awkward around them, avoiding eye contact and only replying to potential conversation starters with a non-receptive mutter until they walked away.

>I get to decide which threads count
Yeah, no.

Especially at this rate, with what's happening, if we follow that rule, we will never advance.

Plus 2 of the 3 deleted threads almost hit bump limit anyway.

Don't have one. I'm content with Bump being cute.

I'll address the error in the next thread.

Yeah, I do. I made the thread, so I'll do as I wish to it. I don't believe 404'd threads count as a whole thread so I didn't increase the number.

And if we follow your rule we'll hit 700 in a couple of weeks.

Which is part of the reason I didn't retroactively subtract but that last thread was barely over 400 posts.

I like the post number because #00 threads are fun.
But there's no need to be overly autistic about it. It isn't even accurate in the first place.
As long as we're not flying through numbers we'll be okay.

Good thing you're not in charge.
We will fix your Mistake in future threads.

/sthg/ - numbers

>being this autistic about it
It's thread 626.
It will be corrected in time.

Except I was, sperg. "Fix" it if you want but I already made my decision. No use crying about it after the fact like a small child.

If we're going to talk about numbers, then talk about numbers related to Sonic.

Why are certain numbers in Sonic so special anyway?

7 Emeralds
50 Rings
300 IQ
etc.

Don't get in to number wars.
Just don't.
Make the next thread #626 and we'll continue from there.

>Last Thread: N/A

Oh jeez, what did you fuckers do this time?

We went too fast.

We questioned things not meant to be known by mortal man.

>No new posts in the old thread
>Figures that it was just going slow
>Only to find out it was deleted

What the fuck?

Okay seriously, what is getting these threads deleted recently?
Are we getting roped into b8 so hard we send the thread to ground zero in terms of cancer?

Only reason I saw for last thread was people discussing the events on /qa/.

Though I will say that the b8posting has been getting worse lately.

I'm not sure if that's it, but I'm really tired of people continuing to argue bait posts and sending the thread into mass anger for hours.

She looks quite bumpy.

Well then maybe people should stop replying to obvious bait.

>lately
It's been going on for several months now. I don't understand how it is constantly fallen for.

Fuck i saw that shit in the trash thread but i didnt know what it was about.
Now seeing it all together is a bit pathetic.
if people want (you)s this bad go to /b/
we really got to stop replying to bad bait

The sad thing is that we can't even know for sure if it's people really arguing with them or if they're samefagging their own posts to make it seem like the bait's been taken. Maybe the measures that were taken last night will help. Only time will tell.

So how do we remove these non-fans?

So, does anybody have the coloured version of the image with BoomKnuckles, Bump and Sage? I saw the thumbnail in the last thread but I was too slow and it was nuked long before I got to it.

>Implying they're non fans for stating the truth

Do not bite the b8. always remember this

Don't respond to bait and report, report, report.

On a lighter note, what's /sthg/ playing tonight? Gonna play any sonics?

Here ya go.

Just report, ignore, & don't give them the (You)'s they crave. Simple.

>what's /sthg/ playing tonight?
Rush 2049

>On a lighter note, what's /sthg/ playing tonight?
Pokemon Showdown. The game's actually kind of fun now that Spookysword is fucking banned

No kidding, I realized only now.

Truly a scholar and a gentleman, user. Thank you.

As for 'what I'm doing', probably no Sanics. Got a lot of model work to do.

>Oh jeez, what did you fuckers do this time?
Literally nothing.

Sonic & The Lord of the Rings
Would you play it?

You mean #627

The problem is a lot of the bait posts are the same people responding to themselves via airplane mode mass mobile spamming.

>The problem is a lot of the bait posts are the same people responding to themselves via airplane mode mass mobile spamming.
That would explain why so many people were IP range banned today.
The mods aren't messing around.

Sure, why not

>what's /sthg/ playing tonight?
Hitman. Lots and lots of Hitman.

DED GENERAL

#626 or #627, whichever it is let's just agree to keep it when the thread is made.

Might result in thread wars, but it's not like we can sink any lower at this point.

What happened to us, guys?
We used to be such a happy general.

>What happened to us?

People began to take a Sonic general too seriously.

Also shitposters.

But user....you can already do that.

a new breed of shitposters and curse of 2016.

>People began to take a Sonic general too seriously.
How poetic. It's the same reason Sonic went to shit to begin with

So anyways, post Amy's.

This and some posters with names who have gotten shit on by us (for a reason) trying to kill /sthg/.

I unironically think Boom Amy is her best design.

Shitposters. Honestly, I don't enjoy it here anymore and I'm thinking of leaving. I hate the idea of giving up, specially because I used to love this place, but what's the point anymore?

The bedroom eyes and leggings are great, but I hate the Hillary Clinton one piece suit

Literally just don't respond to them or report them. It's not that hard.

It's also her best personality. Same with Knuckles. All they did for Knuckles was just take away the dumb rock and make him funny, but it makes a world of difference

I still think treating Knuckles as a pure idiot rather than just gullible is a bit over the top.
It works for the cartoon but I hope it doesn't carry over into, say, the games.

>I still think treating Knuckles as a pure idiot rather than just gullible is a bit over the top.
Honestly he's been a pure idiot for a while now, so this is rather par for the course. Don't really see how it'd be too much to have an actual idiot, since that's a role that would otherwise be unfilled

>Honestly he's been a pure idiot for a while now,
Thinking about it, I guess you're right.
It does seem to be amped up to 11 in Boom though.

>It does seem to be amped up to 11 in Boom though.
That is true, but it works. Instead of being the idiot, he's a funny idiot. Kind of wish that aspect would carry over to mainline. Not the design, but the humor. Then again, I kinda wish that all the Boom personalities would carry over since they're infinitely better than mainline but I guess that'd ruin the point of Boom. But if/when boom dies, I'd love to see them carry over

Gimp is shit

Boom!Knuckles stupidity works in Boom, but it's not something I wanna see in the games. Same thing for Boom!Amy's personality.

I've never replied to them, I think the way those conversations go is the stupidest thing ever, and I've reported them in the past, but that only got me warned. I can't think of anything else to do and the situation is aggravating to witness.

>Same thing for Boom!Amy's personality.
Just curious, why? The annoying fangirl aspect of her is toned down in Boom, and she feels more complete and tolerable because of that

I unironically agree with this.

Because Archie!Amy's characterization fits her game counterpart more than Boom, imo. It does a great job of showing Amy being a capable fighter, as well as her being a fangirl for Sonic. Same thing with her portrayal in SA1.

Don't get me wrong, I like Boom!Amy, but it's not my favorite version of Amy Rose.

>Because Archie!Amy's characterization fits her game counterpart more than Boom, imo. It does a great job of showing Amy being a capable fighter, as well as her being a fangirl for Sonic. Same thing with her portrayal in SA1.
I just don't get why she has to be a fangirl is all. I get the appeal at the time of creation, but now, it's just kind of annoying. I prefer it in Boom where she has a small crush on him, but still doesn't take any shit from him and more often than not they're at odds with each other. I think the Boom dynamics and characterizations are some of the most solid the franchise has ever seen

Amy's fangirl aspect is perfectly fine, imo. So long as you don't flanderize it, & do more with her crush than just the typical "she chases Sonic, & Sonic ignores her" bit, it can still work.

>but still doesn't take shit from him

To be fair, we've seen Game!Amy not take any shit from Sonic in the past.

>Amy's fangirl aspect is perfectly fine, imo. So long as you don't flanderize it, & do more with her crush than just the typical "she chases Sonic, & Sonic ignores her" bit, it can still work.
So basically do what Boom is doing now?

Nah, since Boom turned it into a secret crush. She can still be open about it, but again, do more than just fangirl over Sonic.

>SombraAndReaper.jpg

Eh, fair enough. Although, again, you can make it a normal crush and still do that kinda thing

Yeah, but I personally think Amy being open about her crush makes sense, given her age & all. I mean personally, Boom!Amy's personality would fit an older Amy Rose, tho.

being as open about her crush as she is*

I agree with this.
In my opinion she has a character despite still being obsessed with sonson

I think the difference between Boom Amy and Mainline Amy is that Boom Amy is much more subdued.

Mainline Amy kinda wears her emotions on her sleeve. She's very dreamy and talks about how she believes in true love or how hurting innocent creatures is wrong. When you make her mad she'll be quick to act, either with words or violence. You will never not know what Amy is thinking because she'll make it incredibly apparent.

Boom Amy on the other hand feels a bit more generic. She tends to be the voice of reason. The mature one and her only flaws is that she's often manic or obsessive. Beyond that she hardly even feels like the same character except for her love of critters and a sense of justice.

>Boom Amy on the other hand feels a bit more generic. She tends to be the voice of reason. The mature one and her only flaws is that she's often manic or obsessive. Beyond that she hardly even feels like the same character except for her love of critters and a sense of justice.
Honestly this makes her infinitely more likable than the genki girl that is Mainline Amy

just imo, the latter seems like a better character.

Pretty much. And personally, I do find Game!Amy to be the more likable character for it, though Boom!Amy is fine.

My problem is it's just safe. You'd be hard pressed to find a show that DOESN'T have a character like Boom Amy in it. She's somehow more generic than she already was, which is pretty telling since her character was basically "the girl"