tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/mCu2pW5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How to get good with Legion?

Be far away, shoot people with long range

Don't shoot an Ion with her shield up. I shouldn't have to say this, but apparently it's an issue.
Learn when to use close range and long range mode. Each mode affects how quickly you chew through your bullets, your aim, and the behavior of your Power Shot.

4th for Ion is pure and Tone is slut

The only time I do this is when I've got Smart Core and a Dash since you can see the color of the shield and it's pretty easy to dash away and have the Ion miss the return (usually, worth the risk imo when you got the core)

it's something like 8 seconds per dash with extra dash and 6 seconds per dash without

>Not playing Northstar, the indisputable purest titan

Did no one upload that image of Northstar slapping her ass to the booru?

it's true

r8 my scorch
and post scorches

Image in question.

Every time I ever use Ion's laser core even in favourable odds it just leads to serious damage taken or being destroyed. It doesn't help that every fucker has Nuke so when I laser core them they just drop that shit in front of my slow as fuck face.

Always remember that if you cannot get away from a nuke, you can take your titans own life by hitting X and mashing eject to deny them points

What is your favorite eject line?

no, you do it

So wait:
I never bothered to ask, if you eject and auto destruct your titan before it goes hazard stripes does the enemy team get no points?
How about post hazard?

Bretty good.

I like to keep it simple

Anybody got any Dew Codes they're willing to give to a new player?

>IT WAS FUN

Yes it was Legion, yes it was...

jesus crist, I love Ion, but jesus crist

If your Titan is doomed and you willingly eject, whoever last damaged you gets a titan kill credit (along with any other titan assists). I can't say if the behavior is the same pre-doom.

Your titan leaves play, so whoever last damaged you gets a kill. They don't get any build time though.

>lewd
But delet this! She is pure, the star of my heart.
Take this down!!!!
jesus christ she's a naughty girl....g-got any more?

Reminder:
pastebin.com/raw/mCu2pW5w

Assault Chip's extra abilities don't matter because it doesn't improve its awful AI which prevents it from doing anything useful with it.

It's a waste of a slot. People who defend it haven't tested it in private lobbies. There's no real difference from a Titan with or without it due to how retarded their AI is.

Is Holo-Pilot really that bad? I've never seen it once in my week of playing.

You can juke people really hard with it if you're smart

p.s. Northstar was always better than Tone.

>liftime average vs pilots
>1.2
>last ten games average
>dropped from 2.5 to .8 in 10 games
help

true, Northstar a cute. CUTE! and Tone is some old slut

Holo-Pilot is good for what it does. It gives your enemy a target to shoot, which reveals their position, and by the time they realize the ruse, you've killed them. Just be smart about how to deploy (i.e. not in the open or in direct view of the enemy).

There is people in [RDDT] online in [TFG] on xbox right now, pretty disgusting

use epg

>Fire cluster missile at tone or legion's shield
>Grenades spill over the top of the shield and hurt the titan
>mfw

Is it a coincidence that all the good factions are four letters long and start with A?

Shit man and I feel bad for having an average of 1.4. I constantly feel inadequate sitting at the middle-bottom of the scoreboard all the time.

It honestly feels like I'm just no good at these sorts of games any more. I used to dominate when I was younger and now I can't even spend half of the match not dying.

i started using ASMR and i am still having bad games

very bad day for me

Some people are in it ironically. Same people with FUR or Girl in their name.

A retarded Xbone purchaser wouldn't realise this.

I know this feel bro, I know this feel

It's not that holopilot is bad, it is really easy to fool people with it. The problem is, every other ability has more utility in more situations than it does.
You're that faggot who Sniper kicked out of the PC group aren;t you?

I always fall for the Holo because I've seen it maybe four times over hundreds of games.

Too lazy to care, just bully them I guess until they leave either [RDDT] or [TFG]
t. Illusion

I've never been in the /tfg/ group as I wouldn't associate myself with a Veeky Forums general in any game but I run around with Girl for the hilarious comments.

Does the tfg page mention anywhere that it's the Veeky Forums network?

Oh, so your just a pretentious faggot. How nice.
The PS4 and Xbox networks don't. The new PC group is called Titanfall general though.

Is there lore around Regeneration?
Didn't see anything on the tfg site

Only the PC page, assuming calling it Titanfall General instead of The Fast Guys alludes to Veeky Forums

>tfw more fanmail

Only the PC network is explicitly called Titanfall General. Even then, it depends on how much you know of Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums to know it's the Veeky Forums network. All three networks use the /tfg/ tag, though.

It also helps that the PC network is unlisted in-game, so you couldn't publicly find it and would require the link in the OP to join it.

>1.2
>tfw struggling to hold on to muh 1.0 at a 49% w/l
I swear it's like a few good matches keep me afloat. At least Barker accepts me.

Aww yeeeeeeah

i dont know what i'm doing wrong, you just get a match every so often where ever move is a bad one, and then you just have an entire day like that and you want to stop playing

With how little Normies know about the website outside of some generalities, that probably isn't much of a big deal. Still kinda odd that the name isn't the same across all platforms.

The universal tag is /tfg/, so that's good enough for me.

Nah it isn't pretentious as we got a lot of shitters from the site in the day.

I was part of a /v/ community for Team Fortress 2 circa 2007. We had like 3-4 servers for TF2 but this site got pretty bad in 2008 and attracted some annoying tripcode users during that era. We decided to get rid of the tag and become our own community.

Sure a lot of us still use the site but what I'm trying to say is that the average 4channer are gimps and I avoid the communities except anonymously.

I have no shame in saying I visit Veeky Forums, I'm just saying that a lot of people who visit the site are mongs - with shit taste in videogames, TV shows and manga.

can one of you fast guys tell me how much VRAM this game uses with Very High textures and models and stuff? i'm potentially upgrading from a 3GB card to 4GB since my card is currently slightly dying and only lets me hit High textures before massive stuttering

The name was the same at first. Then the PC group apparently became one of the top PC networks so shitloads of people just piled in. In response they made a new, unlisted group with a different name.

I heard textures on high it uses 4GB of VRAM

nah MSI Afterburner shows me hitting about 2.6GB on High textures and low everything else because muh 144fps

Oh shit
Maybe that's why my game is a little buggy

Every game and developer should do that Rockstar thing where they show you exactly how much VRAM your settings will be using

So the OG /the fast guys/ is just abandoned or just overtaken with normals?

>put traps around dome shield
>flame wall to light them
>flame core fresh Titans to death before they get a chance

Wait is High the highest or was there a Very High or Ultra as well?

There is Very High as well
I think that's max

oh man that's good

It might've been Very High then that I heard uses 4GB, my bad

I don't have a booru account, user.

I am so tired of being peppered by countless Tones every match from across the map.

Both, effectively. The old tag is [TFG], while the new and current tag is [tfg].

Dum dum question:
If my video card has 4GB of VRAM, and I'm using Very High 4GB textures, does that mean that the card also has to use some of that VRAM for other things in-game, and that I should use less than Very High or what?

git gud

Well damn, guess I won't be easy on them or RDDT in the future. Thanks for the history lesson user.

Guys how do I learn to not feel salty about pilots escaping their titans? Of course it's better to get both but it doesn't feel like a victory to kill just the titan even if it is. This obsession often leads me to do stupid stuff and lose more HP than I should too.

who hype?

Can't say I'm hype but thanks for the free XP I guess. I'd be playing all day anyway.

Oh fuck I'm going to regen so many times.

I've already got my Dewritos, thanks :)

>not using them during the weekend for 4XP on your happy hour rounds

do you really think they'll stack?

Kill the pilot too

Happy hour is 3AM
How do I change that

>LOOK INTO SCORCH'S EYES
>ACCEPT HIS WARM LOVING TOUCH
>IN THE NAME OF THE FIRE THE FLAME AND RAGING INFERNO, AMEN

>Using a weapon you fucking despise just to unlock all of its skins

I'm pretty certain a toothpick is more suitable for war than the Spitfire.

create a network with a happy hour time that you like, make it active for the one game

You can't always do that. And pilots just respawn anyway so it's just five points. In attrition Titan control is important to be able to mop up creeps.

>it doesn't feel like a victory to kill just the titan even if it is
It should feel like a victory in itself. Titans are very valuable in this game and are a force multiplier, so even if you can't secure the pilot, removing the Titan from play is a victory. Besides, you can always find the pilot later and gun him down if you can't goose him out of the air.

I like to burn things

Scorch satisfies my inner pyro

why wouldn't they?

>tfw happy hour bonus isn't +2 points per match played during

as it stands they should have called it disappointing hour

Yeah I know this on a rational level but it still doesn't feel as good as it should to shit on someone's hard-won titan when they "just get away". Meanwhile I know how much it sucks to eject so maybe I should try to put myself in their shoes.

it's just a worse "first game of the day" bonus

trying to get the "sharpest" looking graphics ingame. i should not use any form of anti-aliasing right? i have AS filtering to 16x, and textures to very high(as high as my vram allows). model detail also on the highest. most other settings are maxed, but sometimes i see screenshots of the game from other players and it generally just looks better than whats on my screen. are there any source commands or settings i should change to get a sharper image?

Yall niggers shit on camo but it's easily the best ability for stealing batteries from Titans

>using launcher to kill pilot in melee range

i mean, if you're loaded *technically* it's faster

why wouldn't you use aa though

>My battery is getting stolen
>Turn around and see a super obvious battery indicator, and giant glow pointing at a pilot
VS
>battery getting stolen
>Battery and pilot phase into the shadow realm

>wants sharp
>not using AA
I don't think you know what AA does

TSAA > EQAA > MSAA and all of them are better than no AA