/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz (embed)

>Patch notes (OB39)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?22127

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
[YouTube] Paladins Beginner's Guide - Welcome to the Realm (embed)

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
[YouTube] Paladins - How to Play - Skye (The Ultimate Guide!) (embed)

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-39-datamining-tyra-cards/
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-39-datamining-tyra-cards
steamcommunity.com/app/444090/discussions/0/343787920121863039/
steamcommunity.com/app/444090/discussions/0/333656722970123911/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Ying is my waifu

Previous Thread:

First for Ying has been horribly gutted and isn't worth playing any more.

Hey guys, here are my ideas on how to balance champions to a fair level for both good and not so good players. This is assuming we're in patch OB39.

Grohk: Totem heal increased to 560. Ultimate now heals self. Ultimate damage increased to 350.

Androxus: headshot damage decreased to 250 bonus from 300.

Cassie: incitement card reduced to 0.5/1/1.5/2. Added mild damage falloff (extremely long shots deal 550 instead of 700)

Drogoz: Reverted the booster change that reduced his mobility. Salvo damage decreased to 750.

Ruckus: Repulsor Field can now be used outside of objectives.

Grover: Heal cooldown reduced to 8 seconds. Health increased to 2800.

Evie: New card: Cold Flight - Can blink while within Ice Block, but only within the first 0.75/1.5/2.25/3 seconds

Barik: Reverted the nerfs he received in OB38.

Sha Lin: Bow drawback buffed to 1.25 seconds.

Is this good? Or just FUCKING GARBAGE? What I tried to do was balance around slightly higher skill levels and make more champs stronger and the strongest a tad weaker, to even things out while still maintaining the high strenght of champions.

Btw on Drogoz I meant to type Fire Spit Reduced to 750, salvo is untouched.

I'm playing her right now and having a blast. I'm also a scrub so hey

That's bullshit, They should have made the card 2/4/6/8 seconds instead. And if thats too much how about 1.5/3/4.5/6? Then shed be balanced

>Not rocking the shatter build
Come on now

I like it in general.

Kinessa could probably have a buff to the speed at which her teleport works.

I'd also like to bring Fernando back up to his past tankiness and mobility and instead weaken his fireball and give it a dropoff. This way he becomes near useless at range but able to still be a monster up close if you let him get near you.

As somebody who plays a lot of Barik, I think the healing station nerf was probably deserved. Reverting the health and rocket boots cooldown nerfs would be reasonable though.

On top of all that, wrecker and cauterize need nerfs and aggression should just be removed. Removing illuminate would also make Skye a pretty viable character imo and would be a good indirect buff for her.

Here is my take on Cassie, Andy and Kinessa being balanced.
>Cassie - Removed from game
>Androxus - Removed from game
>Kinessa - Removed from game and people who played her more than any other champion are permanently banned from the game and reported to the local authorities
>Victor was heavily underperforming so we gave him back the old weapons and hit marker sounds.

Serious question is this just a game for those who can't afford Overwatch or is there something about it that makes it more fun than ow?

I'm willing to try as ow has run dry.

Well Im sad to say that paladins just turned into overwatch after this patch.
Nando is useless now, theres generaly no reason to take a tank. Taking damage is the meta.
Why did they do this?
It could have been a good game.

I like that list, but you forgot:

Fernando: Revert movement speed to the previous one

Bomb King: Fix the Grumpy Bomb indicator, sometimes you get hit even if it says you're safe, you get hit. And overall, test him out. His stickies don't properly stick, Poppy is garbage, among other things.

Pip: Allow Pip to use Healing Flask during Weightless, but with a hefty penalty to self-heal

Makoa: Most of his skills have a fuckhuge cooldown, even with Chronos. His measly cannon can't protect him if he's caught with his skills on cooldown. Maybe reduce Shell Spin's cooldown a little?

Skye: Make her shots deal bonus damage when hitting the back of a champ, and less damage on the front. Extend Smoke Bomb's radius and duration.

Buck: Improve the slow of Net Shot to make up for the Leap's nerf.

Kinessa: Kinessa's scoped shots deal increased damage against enemies on the objective.

That's just me being retarded though.

I can't afford Overwatch but neither do I want it after playing it for the free weekend.
I genuinely enjoy Paladins more. Aside from some idiotic classic Hi-Rez shit, it feels like a better game. The only thing that Overwatch has going over Paladins is being far far far more polished and Hanzo is mai husbando. Don't tell it to Nando.

Ults are less game changing. Slightly longer TTK. Shorter travel times out of spawn.

I'd suggest at least giving it a go because the only thing you lose from trying it is a couple of hours of you time you might even end up preferring it.

Makoa is fine, shell spin is op. 1000 life for 1 hit enemy.

Nerf the card to 500 health per champ hit and reduce the cooldown to 7 seconds

It used to be better. After these recent patches I'm not sure anymore. Drogoz used to feel like a more fun version of Pharah but now he's basically the same.

Its too agro for a tank, they will nerf it for 500 though because they hate tanks as we all know

Don't look at me in that tone of voice ever again

This

You have to put a stupid amount of points into that to get that, anybody who uses that for their heals is awful and will be playing Makoa like a retard. Let your healers heal.

>tfw you realized Nando is talking to the player and not other champion when saying he did it all alone and you helped only a little
>he's self aware of how powerful he is

What healer?
Ying is dead, Pip isn't a healing type support, Grover is shit and Mal'damba is too skill intensive so you rarely have him. Also he will be nerfed because hurr overperforming compared to Pip's healing.

I can see a piece of myself in you, if you know what I mean

This man said it all. Hook 4 spin 4 health 2 is the last bastion for tanks in this game now

I have both, I prefer Paladins. Overwatch has more polish to its lore and graphic design, but Paladins has more fun gameplay. There's so much downtime in Overwatch with how long it takes to get back to the fight, and fights are too quick, like, very little time before you or the enemy is dead.

To put it in fucking terms, Overwatch battles are like an orgasm for one person involved, but Paladins is like a day of really pretty decent sex. I prefer the nigh constant sex, with the slowdowns and speedups that entails, than the quick pump and done and waiting for everyone to be ready again.

That comparison got away from me a bit, but basically, Paladins has better pacing, and that's important.

No no no this is absolute garbage. Your problem is that you want a fun game with balanced heroes, you see?

Better than Hi-rez's. I feel like maybe Grover's heals shouldn't be blocked by the payload and/or shields, too. That always felt like more of a glitch than intended gameplay, but maybe that's just me.

Barik was a bit too OP before, but they overdid his nerfs, yeah.

Ying isn't that dead. Other than that, yeah, I guess you have a point. I still rarely feel like I get enough out of a shell spin heal to survive most fights to make it worth the card points.

Having to walk back to the point in Overwatch after having played Paladins feels so boring and frustrating.

>I feel like maybe Grover's heals shouldn't be blocked by the payload and/or shields, too.
Wait, what? I thought it heals no matter what in the area. No wonder I'm doing really badly with him.

Yes, I want that piece of him inside of me.

I want a piece of me in you

You're not Nando.

>start enjoying Grohk
>gets nerfed to shit and nearly useless again
>switch to Grover and don't try to be a shitty sniper but instead focus on the tank and heal every time I can while throwing axes at camping niggas

It's not as enjoyable and I can't carry as much as I did with Grohk, but eh, better than being a shitter shatter Ying

>playing Grover
>Viktor on my team buys aggression when up against Nando + Ying
>aight.jpg
>starts complaining about Evie killing him
>tells us to get rid of her
>constantly spams "wtf" when he dies
>tell him to shut up and play
>tells me to fuck off
>tell him that he has no right to speak since he bought aggression
>Shaolin: lmao Grover mvp

But i can be, sort of

We grohk mirror now?

Why does Skye die to a wet fart

Server fucking up bad, you didn't even get your item.

I hope not.

My aim varies between GODLY TRACK+FLICKSHOTS OF PURE HEADSHOT GLORY and OH GOD WHAT AM I DOING I SHOULD SHOOT IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF THE ENEMY HERO

Usually, when I'm being fired at, I perform worse, like in a 1v1.

Yep. Whenever I spawn back, I spawn horseless

>tfw no tank to give sloppy healslut blowjob
>staple ass and illusion asses to point and win anyway

Folks I'm still gay

And i still want your steam! Or mail

>only 17k healing in a 16 minute match
>Grover only has 11k

I dropped my illusions in cover near the point. Look at the objective times.

It's the shatter build meta now bro.

>tfw low-rez makes me hate playing frontline and supports with every new update

Shatter builds are shitter than they were. I don't net nearly as many kills with illusions as I used to.

Now it's all about picking off weak people with your mirror while keeping your team alive.

So sorry, you will never witness these muscles.

Is Carry On even worth having anymore?

DAMSEL IN DISTRESS?

Yeah. Use it in place of Encouragement since reliable kills with Ying isn't always easy. Use it for them heals and don't bother with anything shatter-related.

>nobody kills Kinessa
>Retarded teammates get killed by Kinessa
>Have to go kill Kinessa as 'Nando
>Every single one of them is allergic to the point

I never felt like I wanted to die harder than today.

>Be Nando
>slow as fuck after nerfs
>everyone can get away from your flamethrower easily, you just use it on them for cauterize if opposite team has a healer
>otherwise just mostly turtling on the point
>rest of the team never ever gets close to you
>blame you for losing when you get killed 5v1

>Tyra is ANOTHER damage character

lmao

How do I launch paladins with WTFast? It says that I need to launch it through steam
I have 130ping in this game and I am desperate to try anything that might reduce it

WHERE?

>tfw no turn based RPG with characters from Paladins
>tfw no interaction between Nando and other females

>5 points less than before makes nando "slow as fuck"
>not just buying nimble if it's that much of an issue
>not just playing better
lmaoing @ ur life rn

I'd dig a JRPG-esque game with the characters. And the women don't talk because they're busy moaning.

HOT! HOT! HOT! ... and spicy!

Moaning about people like you not being close enough to my illusions, faggot.

>WTFast

lol

>smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-39-datamining-tyra-cards/
>Tyra is not a female frontliner
>Tyra is a shitty damage maker(?)

I expected nothing but yet I'm still sad.

smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-39-datamining-tyra-cards
>Viktor 2.0

I own both games and based on my experience, I tend to stick with Paladins more than Overwatch.

Things I like in Paladins that Overwatch doesn't have:
-Fast movement speed when you spawn. This makes you travel to the objective or to a fight quicker and keeps the pace steady.
-Every character has some sort of mobility spell. This makes every character somewhat equal in terms of mobility.
-Items you can buy during a match. Keeps the game a bit more spicy.
-The whole cards thing. It's extremely useful but I find it to be somewhat unfair since it gives the older players more advantage than the new ones. Reminds me of LoL with their rune system.
-The siege game mode. It feels so fun.

Things that Paladins did better with Overwatch:
-Map design. Every map has more space and gives players more routes, opportunities and such when compared to Overwatch's small and tight maps.
-The ULT's here are much more "fairer" than in Overwatch. For me, you actually have to think when to use your ULT since things like every character has a mobility ability can make their ULT useless. That and they are not a complete game changer.
-How a match ends. I hate it how in Overwatch, mainly on attack and defend mode, people can just leave without doing the other role (to be specific, you can just play on the attack team and not on the defend team and vice versa). What makes this even worse is that based on my experience, there are times that the game will find another match even if you haven't tried the other role all because there's not enough players.

Of course, there are some things that I don't like about Paladins like:
-The balancing of this game is more questionable than in games like LoL, DOTA, etc.
-Servers doesn't quite feel so strong.
-Having to spend coins in order for the character to say all the command lines rather than the default announcer.

There may be some things I have missed but these are the reasons why I waste more time with Paladins than in Overwatch.

Things that paladins did better than Overwatch*

Made a typo

It's definitely subjective, but yeah I find it way more fun than Overwatch.

>Game design of Paladins
>Presentation of Overwatch
Would that be the ultimate hero shooter for you people?

>-Having to spend coins in order for the character to say all the command lines rather than the default announcer.
This really bugs me.
The generic voice doesn't give enough information so I have to actually look a the chat to know what character said it. It's not the same when a Ying that's healing my Nando uses [VVVB] and when a Kinessa that's half the map away from me does the same.

I obviously don't know the exact position of my teammates, but knowing the position of a few and realizing it's them saying something is extremely useful. It's not really huge, but I think it's a small thing that gives the team that pays attention to details a small edge in the match over the basically same team but with generic voice commands.

>>Game design of Paladins
lol no

Having to buy voice packs, whether with in-game currency or not, is kinda shitty. That said, didn't they say something about Founder's Pack owners getting all voice packs or some shit?

>More Ying shit
>Viktor skin
>sprays

>Sprays
>No icons
WHEN WILL THEY GIVE US ICONS?

Is there no /palg/ discord?

>fernando can't chase anymore

ARE YOU NOT ENJOYING ANOTHER DAMAGE HERO user?

>player icons introduced
>are only available through Radiant Chests

:^)

Why is the majority of Makoa player too retarded to realize that they take damage from people inside their shield and that they go into snail speed mode with the shield?

>Ying getting a Hi-Rez Convention costume set
For those who haven't played SMITE: every year, one character gets a special Convention recolor, to coincide with that year's Hi-Rez Convention. The ONLY way to get these Convention skins is with codes that Hi-Rez hands out, most often at the convention itself. You cannot earn these skins naturally in-game.

Woah that's great

NOT

>A Ying skin I'll never have

Does life rip work on burgerking

The good news is that they're always just recolors.

Knowing past convention skins, it'll probably be a white or silver recolor (Tomato Kali notwithstanding).

Oh user, I'm not like the other Fernandos.
I know we are... stronger together.

Yes we got them.

Is that forever like the champs themselves, or only for currently-released champs?

Should they make Radiant Chests be buyable for Gold?

If yes, how much gold do you think would be a good idea for it?

Apparently, no:
steamcommunity.com/app/444090/discussions/0/343787920121863039/
It only gives you lifesteal for the bomb sticking and not the explosion.
Same with aggression. It only affects the bomb's sticking damage, not the actual explosion.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that if Radiant Chests were gold-buyable, then it should always be at a loss. After all, you have the chance to earn gold from the chests.

Linked the wrong thread: steamcommunity.com/app/444090/discussions/0/333656722970123911/
imretardded

>Nando with a Ying daki
You think he couldn't just grab the real thing or something.