/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>new s2k edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>Honda Motocompo
youtube.com/watch?v=Gk9SJHcN8qs

>Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=E9RnC03XK9Y

>How to treat turbo cars
youtube.com/watch?v=dyEYaN6Y_FM

>Spoon Fit
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbmb-m8JCMg

>Manual vs Auto Fit
youtube.com/watch?v=rftW0C9lEJY

>Touge in the 90's
youtube.com/watch?v=t-KEtnJA0Ns

>How to drive a manual
youtu.be/a2ixu1jXLf4

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50624
discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchWinterTiresByVehicleAndSize.do&fl=w&yr=2008&pc=26129&counter=0&ar=55&rd=16&vid=012299&cs=205
discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?pc=27614&ar=60&rd=14&cs=195
youtube.com/watch?v=vKLywfzi0xU
youtube.com/watch?v=dWJxjmxFpf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be apart of the family user!

Are there good/bad brands of aftermarket pistons? Doesn't need to be able to handle 900 horsepower or ridiculous amounts of track time, but I don't want junk either.

rods too I guess

Anyone know how to adjust a clutch pedal to make it engage the clutch safety switch? Had a hell of time trying to figure out why my crx wasn't starting and depressed the switch by hand it started which makes me think the pedal isn't engaging all the way.

Summit Racing

I've heard good things about some of the china shit. You just gotta look at the manufacturing specifications, to know what you're buying and whether or not it's junk

You might find valuable info here
crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50624

nice, thanks

This nigga still trying to sell this pile. It's even an automatic. Dude was revving the piss out of it in N I guess when I saw him. Fucking lel

>and a alinement
top kek

And the post right above it for the same price. It's auto too but at least it's all one color.

Go to leave for work in the AM and my garage door pops off the rails fuuuck
>cars trapped till fixed
>-30 all week

When I had a garage as a NEET it would do that shit all the time. I wish I could go back to those days except with my hatch and my job. ;_;

Buddy told me the old auto Civic lives again. He used it to push this one into the workshop. Lel

Said it runs good just needs a real good tune up.

Yeah the clamps are hella fucked twisted up but new clamps and rollers and it should be in working order just don't want to walk up the store in this shitty weather

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Celsius, but winters just getting started up here January is usually -40 to -50

picked this up so i dont have to drive the miata in the winter. It's very comfy.

its an '08 Honda Civic Lx.

think I'm going to get winter tires any recommendations?

Also kinda bummed these didn't come with usb ports.

fuck that

Looks pretty clean how much you pay

Northern Alberta senpai haha all I've ever known

>Tfw I can barely handle +50°F

Yeah I'm staying in the South I think.

daily reminder honda is literally the worst japanese auto manufacturer in history. executives from mitsubishi, suzuki, and kawasaki have all been on record saying the same. between the underpowered engines and soft exhaust valves in motorcycles to the complete lack of innovation in the world of cars. honda truly is a trash brand and i feel bad for people that own one. also lol @ the s2000 literally costs $13,000 and gets scraped by $800 junkyard miatas

$3k.

its a 5 speed. 165k miles. 2 owners.

discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchWinterTiresByVehicleAndSize.do&fl=w&yr=2008&pc=26129&counter=0&ar=55&rd=16&vid=012299&cs=205

Join the collage

Haha yeah I don't know how you guys can handle the heat down there it gets to like 18°c and it's too warm for me

I would love to daily something like this during the summer. maybe only have a 1 passenger bucket seat as well.

Not sure how to quote people from other threads but the person who asked if the brio is a fit sedan the answer is no. It's a smaller car than the fit. I've only seem it in hatch form but it looks like it has a sedan variant as well

Not bad user
Seconding this

(You) used to call me on my cellphone.

thanks!

and will do

this, I've seen cheap china shit outlast and outperform OEM shit. 99% of shit is made in china, if you want to buy a decent product you have to understand what you're buying

>tfw finally ordered my tires

discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?pc=27614&ar=60&rd=14&cs=195

It's crazy how the human body can adapt to adapt to either the extreme heat or cold. 70s is perfect for me. 80+ is annoying.

The Amaze, Mobilio, and BR-V are platform mates of the Brio. So you can get your city car in hatch sedan minivan or suv shape (in India, Thailand, S. Africa, Indonesia, or Philippines)

anything above 70 is too hot imo

It's actually better to dd that in the spring/fall since there's no AC

/temperature general/
My thermostat is always set at like 16°C roommate in the basement isn't the biggest fan but not much he can do about it

the rear looks awful

That's a little chilly for me but I'm always getting comfy in a thick blanket anyway.

It just now hit my roommate how big his new Camry is. Had to park the Corolla next to it for him to notice. Kek

He couldn't drive it to work today since his wiper blades are destroyed and the new silicone ones are still coming in the mail.

Man wish I took a pic but I parked next to a 90's civic then a 10th gen parked next to me the size difference was insane

Yeah they're pretty huge but I didn't have too much trouble driving a ninth gen. I had a lot of trouble reversing that Camry though. I could get used to it with practice but I'm spoiled by my bubble hatch that I can see everything out of.

Yeah I feel the visibility is pretty good in my 9th plus all the cameras and shit cover anything you might miss

Yeah I think Honda is pretty good for vision compared to other brands. Drove a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and it came with no cams at all. Windows started at my shoulders and I'm over six feet tall. Ridiculous.

Friends 2012 Nissan Sentra is horrible not to sure what exactly it is but feels like only time you can actually see the road is when you're looking straight ahead

Compact car a cute, and visibility is fantastic.

The "RX" stands for Rear eXtra

Nissan looks the worst for visibility just looking at their current design language.

Compact car with low seats is mustard race. Del Sol seats are way way lower than my stock ones. Amazing head room.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKLywfzi0xU

Senna driving a Honda with his precise throttle actuation is a sight to see. It makes me want to give up the Nissan brand and go with a Honda because of the high rev range allowing for tight maneuvering.

I would love to pick up either a del sol or a crx just for a fun little project car

Hue.
I kinda want to drive a Del Sol. Head room in the rex is a little bit sketchy if you're the type to sit straight up at all times, but the leg room is unreal. I'm a bit over 5'10" and if I put the seat all the way back, I can barely touch the footwell pointing my toes.
Hope you can get lucky like the user I got some parts from. Maybe ask him about his too, since he really likes his and it's a lot of fun. There's only one near me is stock and in decent shape while the rest are falling apart, raced and destroyed, or modded to oblivion.

That's some next level driving

i wouldnt
>las vegas
>115*
>sheet metal will hit ~165* in the sun, asphalt probably gets that hot as well
>hot as fuck asphalt radiates heat onto low ass honda floor pan
>entire car turns into a 165* tin can with no A/C

when I pulled the door card off my truck to fix the door handle I was blown away how much faster my truck would return to ambient temperature. shit sucks when its BOILING HOT or FREEZING COLD

Real issue would be finding one around me with minimal rust
Also would love to get a bike but pockets are a bit too shallow at the moment for either option

Fuck the S2000, we want an S660

>can't afford winter beater or rust repair because no job
>can't drive to job in snow because road salt
It hurts.

If you had a brand new choice between the two, what color would your s2gay be?

I'd go with the s660 because they are much harder to procure here in the united states. S2000s are a dime a dozen

I have a set of falken pro g4 a/s on my 8th gen and they're pretty good for the price I think.

yo so i bought an 89 hatch recently and there's an unknown odor emanating from (somewhere) inside my shit....

i got the interior shampoo'd, yet it still kind of smells like vomit or something.

what how where can i do to get this smell removed?

Run the AC blower and see if it comes out of the vents. Might be something inside the blower if so. In my 94 hatch it's located behind the glove box.

Starting to get into Veeky Forums ever since I bought my 2016 Honda fit this year.

How do I go about learning more about Veeky Forums and eventually tuning it? Like what to start working on and what parts I will be needing and why?

Do you guys install your mods yourself or get someone else to do it for you?

Is getting into suspension a good starting point since it's a bit more low-key and less obviously riceboy?

Is it better to start of learning about then doing stuff to the suspension then engine then looks and other superficial things.

Mind you, beofre getting this car I didn't care about cars or anything.

And yes, I know people are going to say this is car to waste time and money improving but fuck it, I love this little thing. don't care that it's not going to be beating people at stoplights or anything, this is my little Toy.

is an acura cl jdm?

I'm new as well and bought my Civic last year as a running project of sorts. I try to do everything myself but if it's beyond my knowledge or ability I've made a lot of new acquaintances thanks to the car that can help. Suspension is a great start, that's how I started because the suspension on mine was all shot. After that I'd do wheels and tires, intake, and exhaust. If it's manual, a short shifter improves the driving feel.

Just let me know where you're at and I'll find something on craigs

>winter tires
>suggests all seasons

mate Im in New England

Kek I think you're the third person to have a smelly car itt

By working on it and doing research on the Internet. Just do basic maintenance for now. The owner's manual should have the intervals for everything. I do easy mods myself and if ir's hard I just give it to my brother so he can install it at his work. After maintenance you can get into suspension. From easiest to hardest, looks, maintenance, suspension and then engine.
If it's manual you did good

they're usdm

Blog update:

Orange rex starts and runs now.

After undoing all the hack job shit I couldnt figure out why it didn't want to start and why once in a while it would have combustion for 1/2 second. (When it wasn't working it wouldn't have spark either, then spontaneously would have spark)

After tracing all the shit out at the ecu everything appeared normal. I unplugged the dizzy plug and measured for voltage going to the ignitor and it showed that there was. Plugged it back in and car is fine now.

Check your connectors I guess.

Tell me about the Fit /hg/.
>new father
>want something economical with 4 doors for easy carseat access
>want something I could tune to at least be enjoyable to drive
You know, some bolt ons, maybe a Spoon exhaust or Tein coil overs.

I didn't want to spend the shekels on a FiST and there really isn't anything else I could think of apart from a Matrix XRS or Mazdaspeed 3, but both are kinda rare here.

Is the Fit worth looking at?

Get a subaru legacy with the 3.6L motor

I bought my grandma's 2007 Fit Sport with 109 000 km on the clock and I love it more than half of my family.

Anyone know if it's possible to swap the rear drums with disc brakes? Or if anyone has a link or know of someone else who's done and entire independent rear suspension swap from the JDM Jazz SI?

Ideally if I could put the entire AWD from the Japan version that would be ideal but if there's aftermarket drum to discs conversion I'd be happy.

There's nothing wrong with drums, it's a stupid idea

YOU literally don't need them

I really don't need AWD or the associated tax.

It checks all your boxes. Test drive one. Worst case scenario you hate it

So did you clean the contacts of the plug?

Yea take a test drive with your dad.

Nope

Just jammed that shit together.

I'll use some electronics cleaner later, good idea.

lul

Drums are good for longevity. They last longer than the disc set up.

T1R kit from AJ racing is the kit you're looking for

What's with all the fits all of a sudden?

Alright, I'll consider it. Still, no one has given any positive or negative talking points about the Fit.

Well the fit is inexpensive. But it has a 130 crank horsepower motor. I recommended the much much more expensive legacy, because even though it's 1,000lbs more it has more than double the horsepower, and being a 6cyl it has way more torque.

Basically the fit does everything you'd want kinda well except for being sporty. If you get your kicks cornering hard, you'll be happy with one. Straightline/passing is miserable though.

The subaru is also a lot roomier, which means you could fit 4 adults easily. (In case baby gets bigger and you have same car, or you make more babies)

The subaru is also a LOT LOT safer simply due to the fact that it has a 1,000lb weight advantage over the fit. Keep in mind with everyone driving SUV and mommy missiles, driving a lightweight car is a death sentence.

If you don't want the 3.6R you can settle for a 2.5, but you lose some of the power. Also while you say you don't need AWD, having it on a daily commuter is really nice. In terms of safety for your kids and overall safety on the road, a bigger, heavier, faster car is the safe bet.

Get yourself something fun to drive that you wouldn't put your kid(s) in.

4 days of chems and memes. Leave pile of black ice in trunk with seats down.

Well m8, thank you, that was a well thought out post. Gave me something to think about. Pic related is my little guy

For Hondas, Nippon Racing pistons are usually damn good from what I've seen. I bought a set of PR3s for my Integra.

I've seen people who have had them for 40-50k miles so far too, so I'm optimistic.

If I go for rods, probably going to be Manley.

Thanks
Here's your positive review pic related it's a 2008 original motor and 5 speed automatic (CDN version)

Do local auto parts stores sell the o2 sensor bung plugs? I got a few holes to block on my header.

Yeah I got it in manual (couldn't drive one before and impulse got it in manual lol)

what basic maintenance are we talking about?

also what tools would I be needing

Did you change the trans fluid every 30k miles?
Jon the collage btw

I know they sell them online.

Just go through the owners manual and go to the maintenance interval page. Look up each service and there should be DIY write ups with a list of required tools.

>>new father
You wot m8?

Nvm I'm an idiot. You just had a kid.

I read that as you just got a new dad, and was slightly confused.

I love watching these.

youtube.com/watch?v=dWJxjmxFpf8

Hi sticky diljoe

Hey. I know you. I can tell. Don't worry bro I won't tell anyone.

Gonna buy a S2K soon, how many miles is too many?