360 Modena

Came to Veeky Forums awhile back looking for information about buying one of these. Got some helpful stuff, even though I doubt many believed I would. Went ahead and did it last week. All comments welcome regarding whether this was/wasn't a good idea.

It's babbys first Ferrari. None of the scary engine out maintenance.

Bread on hood.

>None of the scary engine out maintenance
I heard about that.
Still sounds like belt/clutch are mad expensive to replace.

So what's the retail on one of those?

I'm not sure about high mileage ones.
Low run anywhere from $80-$120K, or at least those were what I was looking at.

Do you have three times it's value in expendable money?

If not, expect to be forced to sell it a two year timeframe.

have you been able to insure it? I bet it's ultra rape.

More than you can afford, pal.

Well that sounds pretty fucked up.
This would be solely on maintenance costs? .

It was actually relatively cheap to insure. I do have two other vehicles on the policy, but still.

Weird, just like the last 10 posters that just bought them, mysteriously they only have a stock image of the car

I can understand why you'd think that, honestly.
Really I'm just lazy. And if I was really LARPing, I'd probably have picked something more current, like a 458 or F12.

Ok, how about this one?

Oh good you got a 3 pedal, dodged a bullet there

There, was that so hard?

I don't know much about manteinance costs but I congratulate you for getting a manual one, not only it should be more pleasing to drive but also it's likely going to be less clunky than the early 2000s attempt at a flappy-paddle gearbox. Plus, DAT GATED SHIFTER.

As much as I hate that faggot, you probably could get some info from Doug DeMierda's series of "hurr durr I got a 360 Modena" blog entries at Shillopnik. Anyways, why did you buy it? As an "investment" or do you plan on driving it frequently?

Yeah, I heard the F1 system was shit in the 360's.

>was that so hard
It was harder than sitting on my ass, having my word taken at face value. But I get it, it's like claiming to be a trader on Veeky Forums.
I watched his "why you can't drive it every day" shit, but fuck that, he's talking about having no other ride. I bought it because I always wanted one (okay, I wanted a 328, but they're old as fuck now). I didn't plan on driving it frequently, but I've put a fuckload on it since purchase.
Do you have one as well?

lol

sweet shoop bro

nice car. what's the retail on one of those?

The F1 system is shit in every car, the 355 F1 is the worst conceived but it has it's charms as it's still very analog and has a throttle cable so you can rev match, so that leaves the 360 as the worst F1 (aside from the Maserati Coupe which is basically the same setup but they called it Cambiocorsa). A 3 pedal hardtop 360 is about the cheapest Ferrari you can run. Do you have any sticky interior pieces?

Supra.

>about the cheapest Ferrari you can run
Should help in the long run.

I have found some patches, definitely the window controls. Maybe on the glove compartment too.
I also heard this happens over time, and it's not like this is anywhere near new.

If you aren't scared to pull the door panel out you can send them to www.stickyrxrs.com

Can be gotten for as low as $60k

shooped as fuck

>shoe on hood
>like you don't have a spare 45 seconds while browsing a weeb board

>pull the door panel out
Well I would.
But that's not where the controls are.

Lol.
I wouldn't want a $60K one.

>window controls on the center board
Why, Ferrari, why?
Also congrats, looks like it's an amazing car. I mean, can it not be amazing when it's a Ferrari?

>board
forgive my idiocy, I meant to say console

Well done OP

Drive it a lot.

Well, very clever user, you talk him into driving the car a lot so when he eventually sells it he has to do it for dirt cheap.

Thanks. Here's hoping I don't wreck it a month in.

>window controls on the center board
Takes some getting used to.

>Drive it a lot.
I already drove 25% of the miles I told the insurance company I'd drive it in a year.
Ah fuck.

>Takes some getting used to.
No shit, I already find the cars who put the controls to the side of the gearstick to be uncomfortable as fuck, can't imagine how bad that is. The good thing is you probably don't use the windows much while driving a Ferrari, just when you get in it and when you get out.

>you probably don't use the windows much while driving
True enough.
I'm used to driving with them down, but the speeds I've been hitting on the freeway make that shit kind of deafening.

I wasn't just referring to that, I also meant that I don't see Ferraris as the kind of cars where you fiddle with the windows as you drive. It doesn't seem to be the kind of car you'd take for a relaxed slow cruise where you play with the accessories.

Lol. Yeah.
Seems kinda low priority.
I found where the sport handling switch was, though.
And the lights.

>I found where the sport handling switch was, though.
>And the lights.
where were they? lol

shop

The 360s engine has to come out for service. It still has the dumb belts. The 430 was the first that could have the clutch changed without removing the engine.

Not sure why you'd want a 360 though. The good 3 pedals are way more than a perfect 3 pedal 355, and the 355 will hold its value. At a certain point a 6speed gallardo is better. Chicago Bentley or Lambo had an 06 black 3 pedal with 10 or 20k miles asking 110k. A 3 pedal 360 is 100k. Just my opinion, if you really got one I hope you really enjoy it. I'm sure it's fun.

I'm not that clever.

Not knocking op at all but it's not like a 360 is an investment level car so I say drive the shit out of it within reason.

I was just pretending to be retarded, user.

no u

>where were they?
They were on the first two days I had it, apparently. Herp derp.

>The 360s engine has to come out for service
For belts, or just the clutch?
>355
Never liked the look of them, despite Pininfarina. Plus, I'd probably be dealing with a 20 year old vehicle at that point. Appreciate your take. Wasn't aware a Gallardo could be had for a similar price (and your price on the 360 seems close to what I saw), but I like the look of a Ferrari better.

>not like a 360 is an investment level car
There were two posters arguing about that a couple weeks ago. One said they'd go up in value because of collectors, the other said that when younger people could afford them, they wouldn't give a fuck about owning a manual anyway, because they didn't grow up with them.

>They were on the first two days I had it, apparently. Herp derp.
lel
does it cut off the lights when you shut off the engine at least?

Yeah, but that I would have noticed anyway.
I probably missed it because I only drive it during the day, and even then early enough so I don't get fucked by traffic (LA). I doubt I've had it out past 3pm.

All these replies with no solid evidence, what has this board become?

a miserable pile of faggots

>no solid evidence
the timestamp reflects on the knob, I doubt someone would be that meticulous when doing a shop for shitposting/LARPing

I know its all Ferrari but it looks like a Porsche up front and a Ferrari in the back.
seems like dating a girl with sturdy kraut shoulders and the "badunk in ha trunk " ass of a dago wop.

>it looks like a Porsche up front
Fuck, don't tell me shit I can't unsee.

>dago wop
I'd check the trunk for these.

mmmmmm dem nazi lesbians

>nazi
t. anti-white cuck

>anti-white
I like white chicks.
Especially ones that (pretend they) are lesbians.
That matronly bitch wasn't pretending.

(wew)

shiiiiiiieeeeeeet, good eye user.

Ahh, was thinking of a 355, I've only removed the door handles for a sticky 360 I suppose
I spent a few minutes finding the gas door release on one first time i had to open it. Maserati Coupes have it in an even more ridiculous spot (the glovebox)

No it doesn't, you do it through the firewall. Spyder you have to remove the top to get to it. You can do a clutch job on any F car without removing the engine. 348/355 is about the easiest clutch job in existence. Stop talking out your ass you have 0 idea what you are talking about.

Saying "nazi" is typical of anti-white cucks, you'd say natsoc if you weren't anti-white.

why are trumptards so easily triggered

Can we get more pictures? Congrats man.

jus buy z06 fgt

>trumptards
>implying I'm not a natsoc

>triggered
>implying calling out cucks is being triggered
>implying we shouldn't fight the language war and that we should give up and let the enemy control language

Here's one from the back.

Remember to not flip off your muffler

Pretty cool. How much do these go for nowadays?

>ignoring the equally priced f430

Most of the ones I looked at were $80-$120K, but some user here was saying you could get one for $60K.

No way I could've gotten a stick 430 for anywhere near the same price.

430s don't look as good and 3 pedals are unobtainium at the moment. If you are comparing two F1 trans cars the 430 is probably a better buy but you're going to spend a $50k premium for a nice 430 stick vs a 360

>430s don't look as good

360s look as dated as c6 vettes.

>360s look as dated as c6 vettes.
>I wouldn't drive a Ferrari if you gave one to me for free

someone said something about getting free cars and not driving them? strong argument.

make sure you get one with sequential tranny

>strong argument
Natalie Portman is ugly.

yeah, she probably drives a 360.

355 has best sound last ferarri with proper manual gearbox and first with paddle shift.

360 2nd production ferrari with paddle shift.

he already bought it you fucking wonk

>proper manual gearbox
360's and 430's don't have a proper manual gearbox?

nah, 360s are a modern classic
Newer isn't necessarily better. Unless we're talking post-1996 Benz.

lol the sequential on 360s isn't good, I'm glad OP knew this and got the manual
>d last ferarri with proper manual gearbox
????

>I hate Ferraris
Lol.
I'll never understand why some people are so salty over a car most don't own anyway.

Yeah, I heard they rushed the 360's F1 system to compete with Porsche's version.
I did hear it was much improved in the 430, but not sure, maybe someone here can confirm.

Gp2 engine!

>Maserati Coupes have it in an even more ridiculous spot (the glovebox)
Common AF in the '80s kid.

You have a whole lot of fucking elitism for every ferrari thread and post on Veeky Forums, for not even owning one lmao @ your life.

Meant to quote I think it's a mixture of jealousy and anger at Ferrari's exclusive attitude. Ferraris are more than just cars, to get a new one you need to be in their approved list if I recall correctly. Many people probably resent that "club" approach.

I think it's good that there's some skepticism to keep away the larpers
Ayyy do you have to open the glovebox to open the gas door? lmao

>It's a decadent left conspiracy!

>implying I wasn't memeing a bit too
It's better to say natsoc than nazi though

>approved list
I read some fucked up shit about it, that's for sure.
Something about how they make most people wait years for a new one, unless you're willing to pay a premium over and above the sticker.
I think the explanation involved there just not being enough cars to meet demand, and so they have to reserve a certain number for the billionaire types that inevitably want the newest models.

approved list for shit like enzos when they were new. walk into a dealer with 300k and youll drive out with a car.

>walk into a dealer with 300k and youll drive out with a car
well that's comforting

you keep you cuck-paddles.

>paddles for bitches
>clutch master race

360's and 430's have a stick option, stupid.

>approved list for shit like enzos when they were new
read my post again, I specifically said new Ferraris:

>let me tell you about the kinds of transmission available on cars I haven't done my homework on
FFS OP even posted a pic where you see the glorious gated shifter

>348TS
What are these things like? They look like a baby Testarossa.

I'd gladly drive one. They aren't very popular among the Ferrari crowd though, seems like they were underperforming or something like that.