Why don't we have a great American legitimate super car yet?

>Why don't we have a great American legitimate super car yet?

Are American car manufacturers out of the super or even hypercar game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cU8HrO7XuiE
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a27254/the-dodge-viper-is-going-out-on-a-high-note-setting-13-track-records/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Burgers unironically believe that muscle cars = super cars.

Because American manufacturers are under the delusion of having to make their products mass market or at least upper middle class affordable because muh illusion of an equal society, so they cost-cut at every corner, and a stretched Lotus with a crate engine is legitimately the best they can do with these self-imposed restrictions.

Ford GT dingus

Is this thread because of Viper being discontinued? There's still the Ford GT which fully qualifies as a supercar on all levels plus there's the Z06 and Factory Five's GTM.

You guys suck

>Ford gt
>Saleen s7
>snek

I'm out. All the rest are literally kit cars with crate engines

>built by a white trash, lying, cheating, scumbag out of his fucking barn
>probably fucks his sister

the ford gt (both generations), would shit on this tragedy in reverse

>Ford gt

>Ford GT
>Muh V6 ecoboost engine

And? GT-R is V6 TT and you weebs eat that shit up

We need a more proper definition of what a supercar is before we can categorize one car to another.

Without this it will be just people pitting one opinion to another.

also definiatly a bait thread.
sage

SCC Tuatara faggot

Exactly. Part of a supercar is status so they can really only be made by one-off brands or established supercar makers, another part seems to be luxury, we could go on and on. American manufacturers generally make production cars that are suited to a wide buyer base or if they're chasing supercar performance they'll take it from a more minimalist approach to make something cheap enough that people will actually buy it, and they don't put luxury as a goal on the design manifesto.

There've been a few modern American supercars and exotics made. In recent years:

>Ford GT ('05 and '17)
>Saleen S7
>Mosler MT900
>Dodge Viper
>SSC Aero
>Panoz Esperante

...Not to mention the loads of kit car manufacturers like RCR/Superlite, Factory Five, etc.

Truck engine in a boomermobile with a big price tag/ currently vaporware (depending on gen.)

Literally a modified British car

A. See point 1
B. Pointless kit car
C. Not a supercar

Vaporware

A. See point 1
B. See point 3 section B
C. Pointless kit car that some Brits ran in national-level racing for a couple of years
D. See point 3 section C
E. See point 4
F. Pointless kit car

>vaporware
Just because you can't buy one doesn't mean they don't exist you fag

Actually it's built by brits in the fucking UK Roflmao
Literally nothing about that car other than the engine is American

congratulations, you literally just disqualified every single "supercar" without a 7 digit price tag with your autistic nonsense

Why reply to obvious bait?
Then again, I'm replying to this thread so I should learn to take my own advice.

KEK

>truck engine
>kit car

I don't think you know what either of these terms mean.

>Ford GT
>SRT Viper
>that one-off Hennessey Venom
Everything else is strictly in sport/muscle territory, but it's not like we don't make ANY. It's just not as common as in the Eurosphere.

Maybe
Muscle car
One-offs don't count.

The real answer is that Americans have no creativity, and no love for cars as a moving object, and no appreciation for curves.

>Viper
>Muscle car

I'm sorry what? Give me three damn good reasons why the Viper is a muscle cae

how bout this?

>Kit car

This shit!!!!

This is literally vapoware

Yeah, but werbs are fine with < 8 cylinders and turbocharging. Fucking lol at people calling the fact that the gt used a tt v6 innovative. American cars are trash.

Also, since americans are only worried about going fast in a straight line, where's the motvation to make a supercar / a platform that can actually handle well?

>GT
>only fast in a straight line

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over this LeMans LMGTE Pro victory

youtu.be/cU8HrO7XuiE

Tesla.

I said vaporware, not vaporware Ethan

>South African mememobile

*Vaporwave
Damnit Ethan

I'm sorry you can't be as great as the U.S., I'm sure Achmed and his goats will comfort you.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a27254/the-dodge-viper-is-going-out-on-a-high-note-setting-13-track-records/

>Tesla?
lololololololololololololololololololololol!!

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

gm won't recover
t. gm's marketing team

No reason for Americans to bother with superscars
Not enough profit
Huge legal liability
Clientele made up entirely of douchebags.
Driving a supercar is about as cool as a grown man in karate classes.

Nothing cooler than to be legally allowed to beat up children, user

>supercars

>Ford GayTeam
>Saleel Sawarim 7
>Molester MolestingTruck900
>Dodge (you better do) the Bumper
>SecretlyShitCar Aero
>Some Mexican-lowrider

Next time know this: the only supercars come from real countries not colonies.

1. It may not turn when asked to
2. It doesn't drift unless on ice
3. Costs like one, looks like one, sounds like oke, is one

>because muh illusion of an equal society

Yeah because the R&D costs are totally worth it for a car three people will buy

>I'm sorry what? Give me three damn good reasons why the Viper is a muscle cae
Engine in front
RWD only
Doesn't corner.

It's sporty... For a muscle car. By rest-of-the-world standards, it's performance is shit.
It was only popular in GT racing because it was cheap.

You definitely sound like an authority on the subject and your opinions carry a lot of weight

Just expressing some opinions, like them or not, your choice.

>Viper doesn't corner

wow,your are an asshole.

I knew this day would come

That's a Vette you moron

Oops, sorry looks like a rebranded viper

yeah nice viper you got there

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH

this must be so embarrassing!!!!!!!

Holy shit you fucking idiots, see

It's worth noting that of the big 3 (918/theferrari/p1) there was like less than 1000 made (150 Ferrari's I think) so you probab need to. Rethink your vapourware concept.

Because we like attainable cars, not cars that only some Saudi oil billionaire with his 6 wives can afford.

>tfw no 4cyl turbo wagon in murcia

fugggggggggg

Because we have things like Corvettes that any manager can afford that come within a second of European "supercars"

Why aren't there any European $50k crate engines capable of 2500hp and still driveable on the streets? Why aren't there any 4 second European engines?

You have to be at least 18 years old to post on Veeky Forums, kid.

Because Americans actually are allowed to build their 2500HP cars, then go flog them down the quarter in 5 seconds. Beats driving them up and down High Street revving at tourists and trying to take instagram pics imo

We've had Duesenberg, if you're talking about the past. But America's never really been about supercars... it's about affordable muscle cars. More of a everyman attitude than an elitist one.

You just said more about yourself than the topic there, dude.

>modding a foreign car

Does the GTR even count as a super car

yeah but people aren't claiming the GT-R to be a supercar. oh, and its also 25 years old.

This one made me giggle.
The new v6 GT is more of a advertisment for Ford's ecoboost lone than anything else m. They don't seriously expect their consumers to actually buy a v6 gt.
Who knows.

>Pointless kit car
If you can buy it fully assembled it's not a fucking kit car.

ford put Ecoboost in the gt because it's amazing

end of story

Built in the UK by brits.