Going to buy a used Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, what should I watch out for? Does high idle time matter...

Going to buy a used Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, what should I watch out for? Does high idle time matter? Just need some heads up, thanks!

Wow that is a beauty

idling tends to build up carbon, put more wear on things due to lower oil stagnation...if it runs good i would say go with it though. just have things like that in mind. also see if you can look at maintenance records.

and don't fucking stance it and ruin what it was originally purposed for. they put steels on them and covered the motor and drive train to drive them OVER things, not AROUND them

Yes you'd want to try to find lower idle hours typically. Though mine is a run of the mill patrol car with 8600 hours and it's been running fine for over 2 years as a DD. I'd be prepared for the little quirks of a cop car. Like the dome lights don't turn on when you open the door, ultimate bare bones interior. But if you're fine with that it's a great car. Look in the driver door for the axle code, try to get a LSD one if you can.

>that pic
my dick

since these fags aren't going to tell you, these are the things to look out for

1.craked intake manifold
2.exhaust manifold leaks
3.make sure tat the driveshaft has been replaced since it was recalled
4. make sure that the lower steering linkage has been replaced since it's been recalled
5. make sure the wiring harness is not butchered
6.make sure you can pull the dipsticks out and they are not melted

avoid the things that fucked me over.

Explain?

lsd = more skids and peels

Crown vics weren't meant to be comfortable cars at all. They were meant to be driven for 10-12 hours a day, 8 of those hours sitting in a empty lot while idling. A car that's beat to shit on purpose will have problems sometimes, and lsd = more skids and peels.

idle hours ruin the cams

God damn

Simple enough to swap it out for a new or much lighter-use one.

Idle time matters quite a bit
Like our trucks at my work my work truck has about 110,000 miles but it goes threw about a quart every other fill up it idles from 8am to 6pm everyday with maybe an hour of it actually being turned off 5 days a week not to mention like the other user said you get alot of carbon build up like in my truck if I really Stebin on if I can smell the carbon being burnt and God knows how dirty the engine really is
Maintenance records would be good to get but in my experience with fleet vehicles I wouldn't really trust them because fleet tends to cheap out and ignore alot of problems cause muh shekels

Engines are bullet proof. Some user on here once claimed he drove a couple hours on the interstate without any coolant, which I would believe.

Personally, I would say if you buy one with high idle hours, beat the absolute shit out of it for 2 months driving around and really getting the RPM's up well driving to burn off carbon. Should help a lot.

Don't be a iduot, listen to this advice, this user knows his shit. Or mot, and listen to these idle hours idiots and buy a shit car with 100 idle hours and a busted everything else.

Don't.

Let me guess, you're gonna keep all the lights and push bars on it so you can pretend to be a cop and feel all cool and important. Buying a old cop car is fucking autistic.

The interior is awful but damn those seats are comfy as fuck. I enjoyed driving it because I get the feel and sound of a V8 but I can actually rev it out because it's so slow

They were meant for comfort. But they are also durable from being designed in the 70's. Put some harder shocks, anti-sway bars, and oil/transmission coolers it's now a cop car.

I for one like the police spec shocks. The car rides just fine for someone under 30

I suppose it is just the P71's that are meant to be beat on more than the civilian model's. Completely about the grand marquis which are the grandpa models.

Can you elaborate on 3 and 4?

Grand marquis ls comes with 3.09 gear ratios while the vice have 2.73 civvies. So nah. You tucking people I swear, goddamn children.

get a grand marquis or a town car instead

P71s are for weenies

[citation needed]

all panthers come with the 2.73 open diff stock
handling/performance package cars and some interceptors (if they were ordered with it) came with the limited slip rear end with either 3.27 or 3.55 gears depending on year
marauders came with the posi 3.55 as standard

ausfag here but the Falcons and Crowns of that era had a problem with the Driveshafts rusting and literally exploding over 100mph due to vibration and shit quality ford engineering.

as for number 4 its probably the same thing, ford fuck up constantly.

*assuming we're talking about aeros and whales here, not the older box bodies

because if you are you're a retard

Here's the code location. Google what they mean. X5 would be a better choice.

awesome thanks man

Weenies that wanna jump curbs doing 60.

Just don't. has you pegged. OP is a faggot.

>so you can pretend to be a cop
No one in the history of all time has ever done this. You leave the brush bar on because it's neat and the light because the mount leaves a hole.

Wait, no. I remember explicitly one time that an acquaintance of mine did exactly that, but literally, as in costume and everything. They could have gotten royally fucked if they got caught. Seriously, they even pulled one person over for grins and pussed out as soon as one of them got to the window. I'm just standing there telling the guy he was massive retard that was lucky he didn't wind up and jail and he just agrees with me saying it was massively retarded thing to do. Some bikey dropped his stash and ran when one of his friends opened his door at a stoplight to pour out his drink.

I can't actually verify any of this but I'll buy it.

yup

>watch out for the hide/sage
also watch out for fake cop syndrome.
while it seems terribly unlikely that twice a week, every single week, someone on Veeky Forums picks up a cop car --anyone can tell this is obviously regularly occurring suggestive astroturfing by ford shills to reinforce the cop car/panther meme.

This board is so far up its own ass about nonexistent shills that it makes both /v/ and /pol/ feel self-conscious.

Everybody knows you have no fucking money. Nobody in their right mind would pay dick to push cars here.

And
>shilling a car that is out of production and makes zero money for the manufacturer
You are completely fucking retarded.

>Everybody knows you have no fucking money.
Nobody knows that. Also children have no money, they're one of the biggest targets of marketing. Go to school, idiot.

> nonexistent shills
hurr i dont know how marketing works i dont even know what it means everyone listen to me

>shilling a car that is out of production and makes zero money for the manufacturer
Yeah, because whoring and astroturfing legacy products for brand image and recognition/heritage doesnt influence the perceived value of the brand and force and/or artificially stimulate cult followings associated to a brand and model. You already know that's bullshit, even if this is your first time ever being made aware of such a non-existent strategy by non-existent market engineers. Nothing but sunshine, unicorns and seriously dubious sincerity happening here...... everyone is just so "completely fucking retarded", except for you of course.

>Yeah, because whoring and astroturfing legacy products for brand image and recognition/heritage doesnt influence the perceived value of the bra
Stopped here, /pol/ reasoning.

You are on Veeky Forums. NOBODY IS TRYING TO SELL YOU SHIT HERE. Idiots like you have been claiming since the site was first fucking put up that there were people on the board sliding threads and viral marketing shit as their literal job as one of your many excuses as to why something you don't like isn't legitimately there and is the result of malevolent forces out to make a buck off of you. Over a fucking decade I've had to listen to this shit from you.

Fuck off. You are not smart. There is no stealth marketing campaign targeting this shithole.

>cracked intake
Fuuuuuuuck
I changed the thermostat in a crown vic once and when I tightened down the housing it cracked the intake, shit made me so mad fuck you ford and your shitty ass intake.

>Stopped here
Good to know you're too much of a cognitive dissonance victim to keep reading. Pussy. Next time just kindly sit down and STFU.

Veeky Forums is shill haven because of anonymity and quick post timers

user is retarded to think anyone is going to shill cars which cost 20k+...

>Ford shillbots in defense mode

those shits must have deep learning

>okay fine shilling exists on the internet it's too easy and is a great value compared to traditional campaigns
>b-b-b-but no one would shill here lol everyones poor lel kek kek right? right? i'm just a regular guy haha

That wasn't me. I didn't bother responding because nothing is going to convince these fuckasses otherwise. You think if none of them in the last ten years stopped believing their conspiracy theories by being shouted at, he suddenly would? It's pointless.

shills on Veeky Forums shill video games and shitty anime figurines etc
not a fully loaded f150 that costs 60k tyvm

>You leave the brush bar on because it's neat and the light because the mount leaves a hole

Found the whacker

This
Nobody even bothers posting "lol just get a used FiST" because it's a shit car and nobody but a shill would defend doing such a thing. If there were shills, people would be seen defending getting a lightly used FiST instead of shitting on it every time the idea is brought up because it's a terrible idea, and there are no shills to defend it.

>maybe if we keep acting incredulous, they'll start to believe we're not shills
Hey. You know what doesn't trigger regular people? Calling out shills directly.

Yes it fucking does, because you retards have been doing this as long as I've fucking been here. I'm a fucking warehouse monkey at a Nissan dealership, not a fomo shill. I'm sick of this shit. Sick of the shitposting. Sick of /pol/ and the /new/shits that started it all. Sick of the conspiracy theories, sick of the raids and, sick of all the fucking newfags and normalfags that have infested every single interest board.

I mean fucking look at you, you're a goddamn trumpposter. You're either a /b/tard that never fucking grew out of it or a newfag that came along for the ride to le ebin meme presidency. Good fucking job, you ruined everything. The site has gone to hell.

actually... now that i think for a bit, fiesta shilling was pretty hardcore here for a short while
always thread being made about "im 19 with a shit job and just financed a fiesta st at 5% pa for 4 years ama" etc etc

you are a fuckign dumb cunt though for thinking people are actually shilling a discontinued platform
if you want to attack crown vic faggots for being autistic wannabe cop cock suckers then go ahead, dont try call them shills because thats just dumb

There's nothing wrong with Trump.

And there are no shills on Veeky Forums. No one profits from recommending used civics and fieros with bodykits.

>I actually fucking did that
Except I wasn't a dumbfuck about the interest rate. 5% is fucking inexcusable. I'm 24 now and drive a Comanche, good fucking riddance to the Fiesta. Thank god I didn't lose much money on it.

>because you retards have been doing this as long as I've fucking been here.
Why do you think that is, bud? I couldn't help but notice your "reasons why calling out a shill bothers me" never happened, and instead you degraded into angsty ad hominem BS. What happened, why you so mad my good friend? Why are you so emotionally invested?

You too bucky! What's got your balls hooked up to this?

>shills come in tag teams
>they repeat the same mantras ad nauseam, no matter how weak an argument

>There's nothing wrong with Trump.
The entire campaign, which you will remember took place on Veeky Forums, was literally Chanology 2.0 except January 29th didn't happen, and we didn't close up shop and pretend it never happened. The site's fucking done, man. That fucking trainwreck brought in so many goddamn newfags that its blowing my fucking mind.

>What happened, why you so mad my good friend
THIS IS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED.
You and your fucking ilk have been cancer as long as I can fucking remember. I have the displeasure of having one of you as a personal friend. He's a complete retard and believes everything you do. Unfortunately he has good sides and is occasionally useful so I'm stuck with him, but he's a complete fucking idiot and participates in much of the shit that ruins this fucking place.

I won't disagree there, GooberGate and the Fappening didn't hep matters either. This election only made things twice as bad.

>old
pretty sure crown vics were being manufactured until like 2011

To be entirely, honestly fair senpai Hillary was calling for a no fly zone in Syria with Russia. How do you enforce that? With planes or SAMs or both. Shooting at their planes? Nigga you know they have toughened of nukes still, right? A war with Russia is bloody stupid.

What does it matter? It's the campaign itself that hurt Veeky Forums, not the people running.

Talk about autism. You faggots leave the shit on them because other people will, at a glace, think you're a cop. Just take the shit off and stop defending your childish fantasies and pigfat land whales

bed bugs

The only autism here are the ones that get triggered every time they see a crown vic.

Everybody knows Ford is the masterrace.

Stop driving a Chevy, or do you enjoy being cucked?

i used to drive by this car every other day in ballard.

ITT Liberal millennials get butt hurt that they lost the election.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the demographics on Veeky Forums favor Trump and Ford products? Hell, apparently the demographics in the entire U.S. as he was elected. LOL! Want to see some Hillary posts? Head over to tumblr. Faggit.