Ford GT non-shitposting thread

What do you actually think of it? No shitposting, ignore shitposters.

>active aero and hydraulic suspension adjust way faster than other supercars, pic related
>looks stunning, probably best looking car made in a decade
>rear wheel drive and lightweight instead of AWD hybrid

Dislike
>cost too high and production numbers too low for a car that doesn't really innovate (same specs/tech as a McLaren 675LT)
>engine is just a tuned F-150 V6

Production version, not the race car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZT2KFYY2U
youtu.be/uTUcldDycCs
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
youtube.com/watch?v=WEBGxujrZfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Getting tired of pseudo racecar "super cars".

>Ford think turbos on v6 and v8's are something new
>Jaguar basically built the exact same car 20 fucking years ago with the XJ220
it even looks similar fuck Ford

Those have always been a thing.

Pic related is the best kind of those cars. Raced and driven on roads in the exact same guise.

>Those have always been a thing.
To an extant. The 90s were the last time you had manufacturers offer street legal racecars for the road.

Example like the Toyota GT One, multiple Nissan cars, Ferraris like the F50, and some others. 2000s and later you don't really have any examples.

Sup

youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZT2KFYY2U

A kit car. Still neat.

>it even looks similar
not really

>V6
Enough said, stopped reading there. This is my honest opinion as a non memer/shitposter with significant supercar experience. Should have learned a lesson from the XJ220.

assmad gm fangirl spotted
it's a masterpiece

>should have learned a lesson from the xj220
The fastest supercar in the world at the time? lol

>same specs as a 675lt
[citation needed]

the amount of gm shills on this board is insane

It's basically what the original NSX was to honda. While one was an odyssey v6 with different heads, this one is an Explorer v6 with bigger turbos. Yet it's all stuffed into a proper chassis. I still wouldn't buy one, engine isn't exotic enough.

>wouldn't buy one
You're right Ford wouldn't let you buy one because you're too poor. stay mad, v8 cuck
blown the fuck out

It's a god-tier car that uses state of the art Ecoboost® technology that obliterates V8s.

this.

That's exactly the point, it doesn't matter how fast it is if it's a V6. 80% of the initial buyers cancelled their order when it went from a V12 to a V6 even though the performance was better with the V6.

Except no buyers canceled any orders with the Ford GT, dumb tripfag scum.

The only people who deny this car of being the greatest American car ever are gm fags.

>le nobody likes V6s meme
Ford got over 7000 applications for the Ford GT.

Not that excited about looks.
From what I've seen in videos, doesn't sound nice.
Artificial "exclusive" bullshit is a major turnoff.

I'm sure Ford'll keep, though.

It sounds great tho. What are you talking about?

But I own a Ford

t. gm fag

fuck off and die

It sounds good.

youtu.be/uTUcldDycCs

gm btfo

You caught me, I bought a Ford and put hundreds of hours and dollars into it as a false flag

It sounds like absolute shit. Source: heard it running in real life. See the people in the background? Those are the kind of people that think it sounds good.

Why do gm shills keep making these shitposting threads? I'm tired of them running this board into the ground. The Ford GT is a masterpiece. Fuck off.

I can only answer for me, and for me, that just isn't a sound that's all that special. If it were a 50K performance car, sure, I wouldn't kick if out of bed, but this is going head to head with McLarens and and high-spec 488s and that kind of thing. And for that kind of money, it just doesn't cut it, for me.
I fully accept that it's a subjective call, but that's where I come down on it. Again, I'm sure Ford'll live.

>were
*was. Apologies to ze Grammar Nazis

>renames a file and pretends he actually saw it in real life
BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA

quality shitposting

It sounds fucking amazing. Keep shilling, fag.

you didn't take the photo. i saw that on jalopnik

good thing nobody cares what a poor fag thinks.

>gm shills getting called out on their shilling again
when will they leave?

Yeah, that does lend one a certain ease about airing one's opinions, non?

hopefully soon

bump

Every single person that's been to any race in the last 3 years has seen it because Ford is shilling it hard to get every last deposit from fat retirees in cargo pants. Have you really never been to a race? This wasn't even at an actual race, it's the Monterey pre-Historics. Ford is very clearly worried this will be a money loser, they are starting to look a little desperate with the promotion.

>last 3 years
quality shilling

It's been out for less than 2 years

lmao

You're not the real alphonse

i am tho

btfo!

Been a long time since I've stepped foot in Veeky Forums, how much of /b/ is in here now? Everything is btfo this, cucks that.

Did Veeky Forums just turn to shit in the last 3 years or something?

The internet did. Since 2007 it's been downhill but the last few years with the SJW shit has been the worst of it.

Ford GT's Problems:
- Limited production: trying to force it to become a collectable car
- Exclusivity: buyers selected by Ford, even if you won the lottery you wouldn't be allowed to buy it
- Not really a Ford: Designed and built by race car maker Multimatic
- Not American: Designed and built in Canada

gm fangirls won't leave

It was designed by Ford Motor Company. Dumbfuck.

It's being built in Canada. Stop spreading lies you fucking shill.

Ford GT a shit
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc

this

laughed harder at that then i thought i would heh...

Why don't you own a corvette, what?

Meh.

It looks alright, but I prefer the 05-06 GT for aesthetics.

TT V6 is kind of disappointing. Ecoboost marketing masturbation makes it that much worse, clearly there is nothing "eco" about the turbo setup in a Ford GT.

>cost too high and production numbers too low for a car that doesn't really innovate (same specs/tech as a McLaren 675LT)
Agreed completely, especially when they made 4,000 of the last one (which was a far more compelling car to begin with, IMO)

Considering getting a base v6 convertable. Still cheaper than the other models.

I dont like leather or the fancy gadgets. Just looking for something "cheap" and "fun".

>it's not a very good car because it doesn't meet my subjective criteria
You certainly sound as though you're someone worth listening to. What place did the McLaren come in at the last LeMans again?

the last car was also worse in every way

>He's not stroking himself and singing the praises of ShekelBoost(tm)! SHILL HIM TO DEATH!

Chill, nigger. The thread literally asks
>What do you actually think of it?

If it's really so great, why are you fags so insecure about it?

in what way?

every

that is a non answer

stay btfo

>- Not American: Designed and built in Canada
Why didn't they at least make it in the US?
I feel like Ford sucked a lot of dicks to make this Ford GT happen.

it was designed in america tho

by ford motor company

seriously though why was it panned?

at least by professional benchracers on Veeky Forums

the new gt looks way more dissapointing and its not even a v8 absolute horseshit

t. gm's marketing team

as expected

i would be bitter if the only halo car you had broke down after a lap

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR GM VS FORD BAITING SHIT CUNT

stay btfo

fuck saaaaaaaaake

t. assmad gm fangirl

This car, the gt350, and 2005 ford gt all were far too limited in production. Now they go for more than they did when brand new.

Definitely a huge plus that they stayed rwd. Kind of disappointed that we didnt see a TT v8 or 5.8 trinity, or crate modular motor like the aluminator or something. However, they did say its because the v6 has been proven in their racing series, so im happy with that.

Now, I would also say that it isnt *just* a tuned f150 motor. It probably has way more, if not all, 4340 steel bottom end, probably better valves and valve guides, better heads or head porting, different cam specs and even turbo mods and cooling improvements.

Not all ford v6s are the same, thats like saying my 4v dohc twinscrew is the same as an n/a cobra motor from 01. In reality, all the parts are different, while using the same design configuration.

I saw it in person at the IAA; I'm not too fond of the hippo-nose like ass and I'm not sure if I'd chose it over a comparable Ferrari or McLaren, but it's a very good looking car from any other angle, I'll give it that.

Yes. I don't know why I still come here. Mods are huge faggots who can't rangeban 4 autists.