Untitled

???

getting him 500 down from 3000 to 2500 shouldn't be much of a problem.

just stroll around the car in person and find shitty things about it and tell him how shitty that shit is you saw and the seller didn't mention in the description

Honestly it's not that shitty. Pic related is interior. I'd like to get it to like $2200 since KBB says $1968 for good condition. Do I mention the KBB or just tell him to his face that it ain't worth $3000? I'm kinda afraid to do that because I just know that there's some faggot around here willing to pay 3k for that car and he does too.

Check soft top for leaks, tears, wearing thin.
Try to argue that the rice headlights and taillights indicate it's been hooned

tell him that you've seen others for fairer prices but that you are leaning towards this one if he lowers it

That interior kinda looks puke inducing.

I bought several sub 1k cars but none had interiors that disgusting but to be fair even in original condition that gen Mustang interiors look horrible.

Take the cash with you. Stroll around the car and look for anything that needs seeing to or patching up, do a rough estimate of costs in your head; look especially at routine maintenence stuff eg. tyres, brakes, etc and use these as bargaining chips. If you're happy, tell him that you've got the money on you and you'll take it off him right there and then, $2500 cash-in-hand. For a lot of people it's hard to resist the offer when they're put on the spot and offered the money.

Show up with cash. If no sale, buy something else.

Think like a used car salesman, not an eager buyer of old shitboxes. Most used car salesmen refer to everything as a shitbox and rightly so.

I'm not saying it's well designed however it is rather clean compared to other cars I've seen in this price range.

I didn't even notice the lights, that's a good point.

Hello fellow I/o/wan

>Implying

Things to check to use to get a lower price
>pinch weld
If it's bent, someone was a retard jacking it up.
>torque boxes
Honestly just walk away if damaged
>A frame pillars and windshield
If the a frame pillars look off and/or there is damage around the glass it was hooned and someone bent the frame launching it hard
>strut towers
Walk away if rusted
>door locks
If they don't work there is a good chance the run channel around the window has a leak letting water into the door degrading the actuator
>trunk
Look under carpet for damage, walk away if rusted

Those headlights are not rice. They're the standard one piece heads people do when they don't want the three piece anymore.

The red interior looked disgusting from the factory

I'm so sorry you have to live there buddy, at least you're basically on the border to a non shit state ;)

the rubber seal on the right looks like shit and the wheel cover... I'd look thoroughly for anything out of place, I'm sure you can lower it to 2500 or even less

Also if I didn't stress it enough, for the love of god you need to get under the vehicle and examine it. You live in salt country so it could be a shit show.

Seriously thanks for all the advice, anons.

youd get him down even more if youd start complaining about the back bumper crack. check the dates on the tires, gripe about thread and age, easy money. Check for a fucked clutch (which used mustangs pretty much always have)

to be honest it looks like its going to be a shit show under the car and in the bay. Dont fall in love, be able to 100% walk away.

If KBB says 1968 for good, then you should be able to get it for less as this looks less than good condition. If he starts bringing up all MUH MODS just shut his ass down and ignore that tuner shit. Walk in with 200$ more than you'd like to pay, make the deal at as close as possible to your number. Pay attention to the disappointment in his face when you peel off bills to keep.

I had to Google nebraska and kool-aid to see what the big deal was.

It's their state soft drink. Neat.

Go there with the money, say something like "Well I'm gonna need to get a new bumper and have some for the title change, I've got 2500 cash with me now, deal?"

If he isn't willing to negotiate, just walk away.

If KBB says the price is too high I would tell him, and let whoever is dumb enough to buy it for that price take it.

Although, I also live in Des Moines, and this is the cleanest 'stang I have seen recently on the local CL

this, but do a cashier's check for whatever you think his rock-bottom price is (and also have a couple hundred in cash in your wallet or down your pants in case you miscalculate).

>Des Moines
Holy shit I thought I was the only Veeky Forumstist here!

I wonder how many there are.
We should do a meet.

Of course, there would be fuckall to do afterwards.

Could rip the Neal Smith Refuge road, but the only thing to do after that would be Goldies.

a meet for only Veeky Forumstist would be pointless but there are a 1-2 big meets that happen every year there (meat and greets)

pic related was from last years in one of the parking garages in downtown

Does Kratos still live?

That aside, my shitbox NB would fit right in with that nonsense. I've also given serious consideration to crashing a portion of the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on my DR650.

nah I scrapped the sable two years ago lol rolling with a '86 civic wagon, '98 civic coupe, and '95 xj cherokee now

noone has mentioned this but the odometers are 5 digits so after 99,999 it rolls over. alot of foxbody sellers lie about this shit and say it has 8X,XXX original miles dont believe that shit

Oh god this, whatever the mileage add 100k. Niggers constantly trying to pass off 50K ORIGINAL MILES and the interior and paint hasn't fucking been together since 9/11.

Carfax is your friend here. You can see registration history and see pretty fast if it went over what they claimed.

This is near Prarie City, by the way.

>two Civics and a Yeep
Next you need to come to the dark side and get a moto.

Any way to keep track of when/where this meet is?

look for MWExclusive on facebook, they host the meets, and there isn't one scheduled at the moment for the spring/summer time but there will be soon

Many thanks.

>MWExclusive
From the name it sounds like they would only allow finished, form over function cars.

oh no its a bunch of mexicans mostly lmao, the meets are 100% open to any type of car

for the love of god buy it and absolutely destroy those taillights then burn them

tell him youre a faget and you are looking for an automatic. pontificate about how driving manual is fools gold and you need a veicle that's more convinent

>No rust
>Des Moines

Oh nut up and offer him 2.2k and then let him talk you back up a bit.

>WRKTRUK
Oh gee, thanks for telling me, I wouldn't have guessed from that half a zoo cage on the back and the thing generally looking beaten to shit. Good to know that you're doing "work" in your automobile, you want a pat on the back for being a productive member of society like all the people who don't write WRKTRUK on their work truck?