/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

New Year's Hunt edition

Old thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sum6C0EC0Jk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for vileblood

iktfb

Shall wait for you before tackling the boss?

PURGE FILTH

Disgusting.

It took a while since I realized I never bought the resonant bell for that character.

Kek. That attack is my bane.

what's the deal with loran and lightning?

>first run using the saif
>everything DIES
this weapon is ez as fuck but im loving it

youtube.com/watch?v=sum6C0EC0Jk
>tfw to intelligent to make a webm

>to intelligent
Yeah I'm not sure about that.

newfag

>being a weak memer

Anybody down for Isz? It's the premade, about to clear layer 3. I'll be ringing with bbg as the password.

I should really be more careful about the saif frontstep.

FOR THE QUEEN

Ringing with SRRC.

.die
>fuck it, go to put food in the over
>forget my memeblade is in tricked form
>get back
>"retrieve blood echos"
>gg blood echos from first death
thanks queen annalise

Why is Bloodletting Beast is a chalice endboss? He's so easy.
I've spent more tries on the goddamn giant with chains and balls.

Also, where should I go now in the story mode? I've just killed Rom and there are a few areas that opened up. Cainhurst, Unseen Village, the Nightmare?

HAPPY NEW YEAR /bbg/
*KYS(M)*

Doing my second playthrough, and I want to do a skill build since I did strength last time.
I'm interested in blades of mercy and rakuyo, but they seem to have arc scaling on top of the skill scaling.
what ratio of skill:arc maximizes damage?

I found BLB really hard in cursed depth 5 dungeons. Harder than undead giant that you can easily hit and run.

Unseen Village is story progress, do Cainhurst and the Frontier first

Ignore the ARC scaling in its entirety. It's worthless for the BoM, BB, and the Amy Arm.

BoM 50 skill, no arc, decent endurance for continuous damage.

She insta cast call beyond, down for another go?

Yep.

I am doing a arcane build and was thinking on using the Moonlight Sword, would 50 arcane with 20 strenght work?

Probably, but I can't do cursed yet. Depth 3 is as deep as I can go now.
Thanks, I'll do those two next then.

thank you
also, is it worth leveling bloodtinge as a secondary skill or should I just focus on skill?
i'm only asking this because the evelyn is some top fashion and i want to equip it

AYY BREEDING

No, skill builds use guns for parrying and visceral. Which is why you might want to get arc to 18 for augur to parry 2H.

you can't parry with augur

Still ringing if you want another go

whats the best weapon to put fire on on an arcane build? i was thinking maybe whirlimeme saw?

I'm 99% sure you can. The timing is weird as shit but micolash has partied me successfully a few times I've gotten greedy even on current patch

arcane based weapons are shit
arcane is useless even if you use high end gems (abyssal colds) and you can't enchant them with papers

Of course you can, but the startup and recovery are terrible, at best you can visceral someone one dash away and you have to anticipate his attack 2 seconds before (easy PvE). Also backstabs.

How useful are reverse backsteps in bloodborne pvp?

Is the Gold Pendant used in any quests?

Evelyn is better than hunter pistol at 22 blt and above, and better than piercing rifle at 40 blt and above

Even a 50 blt evelyn is mostly supplementary, so anything less is a waste imo, but it really depends how hard you want to min-max

I think levelling stamina too high is degenerate, but blades of mercy are a fantastic pressure weapon so pumping endurance is a-okay

>tfw struggling on ludwig's second phase
end my fucking life

Break for a gem.

Nothing else?

did you try?
you can't parry enemies yes, but that's something else to get a visceral

You can equip the gem in any weapon you want.

Nigger fuck off

It can 100% parry and even has a slightly lingering hitbox meaning people can walk into it

Yes, you can give it to Amelia on NG+ to unlock dialogue

Why do people say don't bother going over 50 Arc unless you're going to 99?

No use except on non-NG+ then?

Basically yeah

>avoiding the Anchor Giant Shark
Anons..

Piercing rifle has actual use?

Post new weapons

FUCK

kek, but fuck.

That shockwave.
Useful in corridors somewhat. It's also pretty.

That image kills me every time I see it.

It's base bloodtinge damage is higher than evelyn til you hit 40 blt, and is pretty solid on a BSB beast gem 28.7% + 7.3 flat

I use it during chalice dungeons when kiting faggot enemies like Mad Ones, Ayys etc. and also use it when invading gank squads

Evelyn is obviously the main-stay of a bloodtinge build, but every gun has a use to it, some are just more circumstantial than others

All stats reach a softcap somewhere between 40 and 50, where they start getting diminishing returns on level point investments.

Right, I understand that, but I thought Arc scaling with hunter tools was the exception. I thought those kept scaling. Is there no difference between levels 50-99?

here again

I forgot to add that it works this way for all Souls games

That would be an amazing weapon.

the stats grow according a f(x)=ax function, not a logarythm

What this user said

Also hunter tools don't cap in damage, so while your arcane weapons/gems will stop at 50, your Call Beyond won't, so the biggest results after 50 will be to hit 99. It's sort of an ''all or nothing'' mentality. If you're tempted to go to 60 ARC, you'd be better off going 10 more endurance etc.

There's data on hunter tools between 50 and 99 ARC on Reddit somewhere

simon isnt appearing at either ludwigs head or the research hall lamp, does this affect his "quest line" at all?

Alright lads, I don't feel like playing anymore. Thanks for the co-op, but I'm taking a break.

do i have to kill the head or something

Stat growth is not linear.

Should've just beat the boss, or runned through those giants. But I didn't do much better there, I need more practice with the saif and maybe also try a fire/bolt church pick.

Which version of the Chikage is the best again?

Bloodletter.

Bloodletter's moveset is boring

it's linear between softcaps

Exclusively unzipping isn't?

Man I turned into such a fucking casual over the past years ...

When DeS was out I played that game straight for weeks 4hrs+/day.

Just got a PS4 and BB and while I really like the game, I cant play more than 1-2hours before needing a break cause it's so exhausting

By that logic every weapon is boring

Untricked L1 and Tricked L2 are pretty fun when you do it right, the former especially in a combo with tricked L1.

What's the best pve STR weapon?

I want to do a STR level 100 character and a SKILL level 100 character but Im not sure what weapons are the best pve wise, like I just want to help in co op.

>tfw can't get any uncanny/lost weapons because no PS+

whirlgig

what's better for a skl build
end to 41 or arc to 18?

>END to 41
What the fuck?

>Amygdalas jump sometimes misses sometimes hits
>its a one shot
REEEE

Any weapon will do fine in PvE as long as you're confortable with the moveset. Although it's usually best to have a weapon with at least good range and one that is fast.

Happy new year guys but tell me

Who's the good guy and who's the bad guy ?

hug the doll
love the doll
kill the doll

test weapon AR on the doll

clint eastwood

Everyone's fucked to some extent, except Gary the Chapel Dweller who literally only want to help.

Alfred? Nice guy who becomes a blood-crazed zealot.

Eileen? Nice lady whose job is to murder people in an inherently fucked tradition that drives people mad or kills them anyway.

Willem? Mad scientist with delusions of grandeur turning into a mushroom who regrets the shit he's caused now that he can't un-mushroom.

Micolash? AWWOOO YOU A NIGGA WE GONNA GET MAD EYES M8, GONNA MELT THOSE PEOPLE DOWN TO MAKE A CORPSE-BOY?? EVERYTHING IS CORPSES AT THIS MENSIS PARTY, UNLESS WE TURNED THEM INTO BEASTS FIRST BY BECKONING IN THE MOON AWOOOOO

I need serious help for chalice amygdala
pass is amy

>good guy
Gehrman
>bad guy
Ludwig

Be there in a sec, dude, lemme load up

FUCK I WAS SLEEPING
MARRY THE DOLL

Not really.
The Chapel Dweller only wants people in Oedon Chapel to facilitate the birth of Oedon's surrogate.
Pretty much all of his dialogue is in someway related to birthing.

Just make your root dungeons. There's potentially 8 chances for any given price of loot in a dungeon.

But why would you care about Lost/Uncanny if you are obviously not going to do Root dungeons. The best gems outside of FRC roots are droplet shape and varient doesn't matter.

You have to kill the head, and he only appears in the research hall after you've moved the staircase

Look up his death dialogue, his final words are he wanted to help. He's supposed to look spooky and weird and act nice to put you off balance.

okay loranon

anyone wanna help me with the ayyliens at the research hall? Im playing like shit today
password is meme

that's the last ending down.

what do now?