/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>EG Civic edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Vids:

>user's eDyno & oil leak
youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-YEDanRKI
youtube.com/watch?v=7VeecLhHw4g

>9th gen with motec conversion
youtube.com/watch?v=9UpU4YUKSzU

>Racing Honda Fit/Jazz
youtube.com/watch?v=I6z5kCak5q4

>Shingu curbing his wheel, bird curse continues
youtu.be/zQNT64lgCB4

>Initial D Fourth Stage - Episode 15
youtu.be/3xmjfodOCN8?t=23m46s

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.autoplius.lt/ads/honda-crx-1-6-l-coupe-1990-petrol-5211873.html
clubeg6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10368
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Collage

>How do I join the collage?
see pic related

Every time you post that pic I remind myself I need to buy a front lip. Car too low though gotta raise it. I'd destroy it on those steep inclines.

What lip style though?

Ayy that's what I have. I got it for JDM points like the clear corners.

Yeah they got it on eBay paired with a rear lip for just over $50.

Spoon style looks good too. I can't be as low as these pics though. I'd destroy it just getting into the parking lot at work.

>also the parking lot at home, and several apartment complexes.

I'd assume it's a bit different with civics since there's a better aftermarket for them, but with 3rd gen preludes there are a number of front/rear lip options that are interchangeable between different cars, albeit with some minor to moderate modifications. volvo 740, 94-95 accord, first gen integra.. have you looked into something like that?

here's mine with a 1994 accord lip before I trimmed the sides.

Looks pretty sweet. Yeah they have a lot of choices for EGs.

>Mugen style
>Backyard Special
>Type R
>Spoon (pic related)

I'm kinda digging the Spoon one. Also helps that I have Spoon style mirrors and the Spoon style ducktail spoiler.

Also would love for my car to look that clean, minus the low height. Roads are way too uneven here, I'd bottom out on the first dip I hit every day on the way to work.

real nihgga owers

>tfw normally go to sleep around this time but gotta take my sister to a doc appointment in about an hour

fug

>mom texts saying she'll do it monday

WEW LAD

is your mom still a neet, shingu? Hopefully she found a job so you can start saving for that k swap

She's working as a hotel receptionist for $8 something an hour, 40 miles away. It's pretty shitty but she's at least keeping up with bills.

Progress on the car has been bretty gud thanks to that.

what's next for the hatch?

Waiting on Ground Controls in the mail so I can raise it a bit. Then I need to do some work to the rear brakes. Not too sure after that. Maybe see about getting some body work done. My co-worker with the bagged IS300 knows a guy with a paint booth and he (co-worker) said he'll paint my car if I get the shit for it. I wanna get the body straight first though, if that's even possible.

Not gonna do anything fancy. Just wanna bring back the factory Milano Red.

Oh and fix my idle. That's a pain in the dick. I want that low idle RPM.

i need 90-93 teggy trailling arms

>based disc brakes

+1 for dat sik racing Fit

I hate waking up at 11am

I done like having drum brakes in the rear but I don't need disc brakes

>tfw no sik racing fit

>tfw Veeky Forums is dead again

Removed the sparkplugs out of the civic for shits, they all look like this.

Didn't wanna spend $40 on plugs today, but...

Whoops, it's me.

use some carb cleaner and brush brah

How cold is it over there today?

But that's haaaarrrddddd
-3 give or take.

Bump

I guess I'm gonna have to find a dry place to put my Ground Controls in because it's gonna rain almost all week next week. Life ain't fair. ;_;

I'd like to join the collage.

It's a 2014 RLX

Pic I want to use

>supposed to storm tomorrow
>still need to install sparkplugs/bleed brakes this weekend
I know that feel. . .

nice RLX famsammich. Good color choice too. Honda's v6 platforms are massively underrated for how fast they are. Surprised ricers don't go after accord v6's as much as civics.

>captcha
>select all carsk
>pic related
>smoked accord tail light staring me right in the face

Thanks man

Thoughts?

en.autoplius.lt/ads/honda-crx-1-6-l-coupe-1990-petrol-5211873.html

Today's a synthwave kind of day.

That's gorgeous. I like the price too.

Thanks for bumping m8

Alright here's my '99 Acura TL for the collage.

And here's proof.

>tfw have a dry place but not a warm place :/

Will add fàm.

Nice 14 RLX , how is it in terms of reliability and recalls?

I hope you guys know that /hg/ is the laughing stock of Veeky Forums. Honda has never accomplished a single thing. No one cares about shit tier FWD Econoboxes. Acura is a complete mess. Honda can't even compete in the world of motorcycles. Please, just stop making these threads and let the brand die as it should.

7.5/10

Will add fám!

Fresh pasta sure is yummy

Yeah it's too cold for me right now. After installing the GCs I'm probably just gonna put everything else on hold until it's warmer.

>tfw no sleek and sexy fb6

am i alone in thinking the fb6 is the best looking civic sedan ever? not as rev happy as previous gens, but it looks way better than any before it imo

It's one of my favorite sedans I'll agree. I think 4th gen is the best looking sedan though.

Spray painting my rims today in the garage. Going to do the front tires this weekend and the back tires next weekend. Currently still sanding down the rims so i dont have a pic of them yet. Heres the wheel center caps need to sand then another coat and dry before i put the vinyl stencil on and finish them up then do the clear coats. Black n gold gonna look sick

I finally got my Head Gasket on. Only thing I got left is to put my cam seals. I bought some OEM seals but they don't fit. The inner rubber seal literally split as soon as I got it in place rendering it useless. All I have left is to torque down my caps/ cam bolt, Install T belt, harness, intake, exhaust, belts, mounts. Hopefully I can have it down by tomorrow.

Best looking modern civic sedan imo

What car?

Good luck m8

I swear if I get it done tomorrow i'ma take a pic and add her on the collage

An old beat up 95 accord ex

No personal experience, just got it on Thursday. Nice car but I wouldn't pay 55k for it.

Seems to be good though, only issues I hear about are with the 6 speed auto.

Hopefully it all goes well for me

I need to put bigger brakes on the front end, who knows what parts I need? Also doing a swaybar while Im at swapping out the knuckes

Can grab everything from an Integra GSR and it'll bolt right on.

clubeg6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10368

I was thinking more along the lines of nsx

First couple coats of primer. The inside center i didnt care about sanding too much so u can see it showing through. The walls got sum small holes but fuck it hand sanding sucks. I still need to sand the other tire. I had to go to work for a couple hours and now i gotta pick my wife up so i will take care of that in a couple hours. Then i will prime the other one up. Guess i will be getting out of bed all night long priming her up lol.

fugg :DDDD

Love my fb6 user

I'm really glad corey stopped shitposting about preludes
I think their some of the best USDM honda's for the money.

corey pls go

after 27 years, i think it's the o2 sensor causing me cel

i have the blue fbp fa5 in the collage. whenever I see one on the road I wish I would have thrown down some more cash for an fb6. but, the fa5 was 5 grand under my budget so I went with that since I knew I wanted sick mawdz. It's been a breddy good car, but not quite as good looking as the fb6

What?

Don't remind me of the dark times

What if it isn't?

Hey guys, I'm looking at replacing a 2001 Honda civic motor does anyone know if its easy to do? I've never replaced an engine and was wondering if it was worth the effort.

If it's your first time I recommend getting some help from someone who's done it before. Having an engine lift/cradle is a must. Should take about a day if you start in the morning and have all the parts and tools.

Yeah not worth doing unless you know somebody.

>26F with RealFeel of 17F
>Wind blows

MY FUCKING FACE AAAAAAA

not too hard as long as you understand the big picture of the removal process:

-drain fluids
-remove the front clip or subframe i guess depending on which is easier for your car
-remove the wiring harness
-remove clutch line, shifter cables
-disconnect a/c line
-pull the axles
-remove the mounts
-hook it up to a hoist and yank it out (or drop the motor with a jack)
-swap the accessories and transmission over to the new one just do it all in reverse to install

probably forgetting some stuff, but that's basically it. not much to it if you have the tools and the space.

>5℉
>-9℉ wind chill
Wew lad
Even you guys are getting some of the colder winds from the polar vortex

It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't by the lake. As long as it doesn't freeze everything like the start of 2014. I think that was a super rare event, though.

>pic related

fuck

where'd you cop the ground controls?

jfc I'd buy that in a heartbeat

Thanks for the replies, since I'm already swapping the motor should I just replace the transmission since it's a 2001 auto tragic and these transmissionsites are horrible.

Hey guys, im replacing a headgasket on a 3rd gen Prelude, any tips or tricks? It has the B20A9 engine.

Don't put it on backwards.
What's up with the motor? I'm working on the same car right now, I may have answers.

Yea I'd recommend the trans swap too. Make sure you get a manual ECU to go with it.

eBay. I did price comparisons everywhere else and they had the best deal.

Manual swap would be sweet.

Take pics of how the engine looks before taking it apart. It'll make assembling it back together easier if you can't finish it in a day.

I got the rims prime and painted. About to do the gold paint once i get it taped up. Almost done just a few more hours.

>two tone wheels
Not my cup of tea but we'll see how it looks.

Here are the plastic wheel covers. They are still drying. Cant wait to peel the stencil off and see how sharp it is. I will probably redo these later the base paint got all bubbled from a shitty coat.

Looking good.

>Tfw if I did that color combo, everybody would think it's Saints related and yell "WHO DAT" at me

I don't even like football.

Are you a nigger?
Fucking cringing rn

>hybrid racing's version 2 short shifter for the 8th gen civic

11/10 will buy when I have the cash

Man shifters have gotten fancy looking. Mine is just a simple rod. lel

Just need to touch up n clear coar the covers. Still need to tape this tire up and paint it and clear coat.

>An old beat up 95 accord ex
Why are you doing this

Got new plugs in the civic, froze my ass off doing it, too. Checked to see why the exhaust was leaking, there is a 1 inch gap between the end if the headers, and the start of the pipe. Fuck me.

>tfw haven't replaced the plugs or wires in mine at all yet

It runs smooth as fuck so I haven't messed with it. The Corolla on the other hand needed them. Wires were corroding and the plugs were fucked. Misfires like crazy.

You have the stock one right now?

This is one of the most cringiest shit I've seen in the hg

Take it to a Mexican muffler shop