What is the most clusterfuck interior of 2016/2017?

What is the most clusterfuck interior of 2016/2017?

Not especially clusterfucked, but shitty nonetheless

>insert any porsche here

Honestly, that interior looks pretty nice. Good lines and minimalist buttons with good placement. I'm sure the materials are shit because GM, but it's still a nice layout

No

What the fuck happened to using a normal radio with analog buttons and knobs? I dont need a fucking tablet with wifi and messenger.

The non retracting/ removable nature of the GPS unit on the Mazda 3 really pisses me off. It's extremely annoying to drive with.

Man why do chevrolet interiors always look like such a caricature?

Besides the Tahoe / Burb I always hated driving them because the interior was so bad.

>look at picture
>think it's some car from the early '00s
>filename: 2017
holy fuck

its not that bad

Thankfully you are not in the target audience anymore and the rest of the automotive world is keeping up with technology.

Honestly these Ford interiors look much worse from a backseat view than when you're actually driving them.

Those ford interiors always remind me of pic related

The first generation Volt interior reminds me of a PC from the mid 2000s.

It's like Windows Vista in car form.

every part has a complete different material and color

Believe it or not, the materials' quality is what cinched the deal for me when selecting between a Toyota avalon or the pictured. I liked that color scheme in pictures, in person it was distracting to drive with in daylight.

Nice thing about the Chevy is you can use the screen or the analog. I prefer the dials for pretty much everything

British engineering is a joke

INTEGRATE EVERYTHING

Toyota China edition?

>muh integration!
>muh technology!
>muh gadgets!
>muh touchscreens!
>muh features
>muh "progress!"
Take your modern integrated infotainment system and shove it. Disposable technology is for the weak-minded. Robust and serviceable technology is the only way.

>Windows Vista in car form.

Agree with you 100%. That seems to be where we're at with the interior of a lot of cars these days. Ugly as fuck.

Was car shopping in 2012 and got in one of these, it was probably the most horrific interior i got in at the time. Even Hyundai had better interiors. Its amazing that you can get a 2017.
As good as the rest of the cars Ford makes are they have always had shit interiors, i get to drive fleet trucks all the time (work in oilfield) and Ford's always feel the cheapest. At least up until the 2015-16, they really stepped it up.

>Butthurt rambling

I understand that you feel angry because your opinion clearly means nothing for the automotive world anymore, but you shouldn't make it so obvious.

It's a shame I don't know you in real life so I can be there when your "muh control on everything" shitbox inevitably falls apart one last time because it will be 30 years old and repaired beyond recognition and you will be forced to buy a new, modern, integrated appliance vehicle.
If only we could harness the power of butthurt, we could power entire cities out of you.

Stay mad grampa.

>throwing around trite insults he thinks will have an impact
>imagines himself an admirable progressive elite among lesser unenlightened plebs
Nice fantasy.

You could almost look credible if it wasn't for the fact that the automotive market is obviously not giving a shit about what you think is a good vehicle or not

frenchman here

you americans sure make outdated interiors

pic related is my 3008's inside

european styling is much superior

I agree with you, I just don't understand this fucking trend of putting screens in that stupid way.
It looks like they designed the whole car and then they went "oh shit we forgot the screen!" at the last minute and glued a screen on the dashboard.

I think entry-level Mercs are the worst offenders in this

that's rich coming from someone who thinks he is le ebin redpilled elite of true car connoisseurs

i can't decide whether that interior looks atrocious or amazing from that image

could you please red pill me on why integrated touchscreens are a good thing? They're more annoying to me than anything because i have to take my eyes off the road to use one. I just like physical buttons because of that reason.

Even the ugliest GM interior looks totally favorable and well-thought-out once you see this bullshit

he said 2017, not 1998

Backup cameras are now mandatory

why does a fwd car have a massive central console?

Proof that less isn't always more.

looks cool desu

>more insults he thinks have an impact
It's quite petty of you to rely on insults any time someone disagrees with your myopic world view.

barfed

back in the 90's

Looks like your steering wheel is on the wrong side breh

This interior is actually really nice IRL, it doesn't feel like the usual cheapo GM interior you're used to. Lots of tactile buttons/controls to supplement the infotainment touchscreen and a nice information display in the dash cluster. My only gripe is using the buttons on the steering wheel controls can be a bit difficult; when I had one of these Impalas as a rental, I accidentally beeped the horn on a handful of occassions trying to press the leftmost/rightmost buttons. And I don't have large fingers/hands.

And now I remember why I bought a 2015 Fusion instead of a 2015 Taurus.

Tesla just hired a Volvo interior guy to try to make their new interiors not shit.

2017 and you don't have a touchscreen in your car...

Stupid old fart.

I'd love a big ass screen like that if it came with a physical dial or trackpad type thing.

>myopic world view

Yeah, my bad, I guess that's why all cars now have dials and buttons instead of tablets on their dashboards.
How narrow-minded of me, I am totally a vocal minority in this debate

>i have to take my eyes off the road to use one
>what is muscle memory

If it’s anything like windows vista it's probably terrible, too

”2016”
Are these blokes serious

Not that guy, but can you please leave Veeky Forums

I don't find it that bad.

Maybe if you're a manlet and it's in your line of site

Ok I would expect better from Jaguar. I like pic related.

But see, you're assuming that the automotive market is no longer designing cars that are good, but rather what sells. Automakers now follow these criteria:

1. what the consumer thinks they want
2. what we (as the automaker) are telling the consumer is good

As such, the consumer ends up believing that touchscreens and other gadgets are necessary and indicative of a modern vehicle.

Most importantly, people overlook the shitty imperfections in parts of the car that actually matter because their attention has been trained to focus on whether or not the touch screen is big enough, integrated, etc.

scion ia is just as bad, friend of mine made the mistake of buying one.
>pic related
>wtf are edges lel make everythign circle
What am I even looking at?
Honestly I love how interiors looked in the 90's

I thought that was a Ford for a second.
Defender isn't much better

>But see, you're assuming that the automotive market is no longer designing cars that are good, but rather what sells.

But that's not true, my assumption is not that cars aren't good, they are, and the fact that modern gadgets are in them is a bonus, as opposed to the other guy who thinks car with touchscreens = car absolutely and completely shit. As if nobody has been making good cars since the advent of integrated media.

For sure they are pushing a trend here and a lot of people are following, but automakers spend a great deal of money on market surveys and those are what ultimately defines their end product.
They would have never pushed touchscreens in the first place if they didn't know a lot of people would have appreciated them in their future purchase, they can't afford to take risks in this day and age.

If [insert mainstream car name] gets a new feature, rest assured they made sure people would buy it because of that.

That scion you posted is actually a rebadged mazda 2.

>Robust and serviceable technology is the only way
It's also the way that sells less since you don't have to come back every five years.

I know, this is what happens when most of your friends dont know shit about cars/mommy and daddy buys the new 2016 trendy econobox for em. Whats worse is that thing has been giving her more trouble than my roommates 93 accord that I found for $500.

>frenchman
>new 3008
>steering wheel on the left
you fucking what?
Also, shame on you for driving this abortion of a car. Nissan Juke tier garbage for soccer moms.

I like the possibility to link and use my phone with the car, to have a reasonably sized screen to look at when using a GPS and to have everything (radio, phone connectivity, HVAC, whatever) in one place.

It's more convenient to me and I don't find the lack of physical buttons to be more distracting when driving.
With physical buttons I had to take my eyes off the road anyway with anything that wasn't the music volume.

Auto AC forces you to look at what temperature you are setting, radio channels force you to look at them to see what you are choosing (and I understand this depends a lot on console design and becomes muscle memory after a while), every other setting/menu/submenu must be read when you use them and so on, I don't think touch screens make that much of a difference.

For the most used controls, you have steering wheel buttons so you don't have to take eyes and hands away from driving.

I really don't understand all this hate towards big screens, I don't want to believe it's the "I want control!" bandwagon, because with ABS, power steering, brake boosters, electronic throttles, O2 sensors and whatnot, you couldn't be having less control of your vehicle anyway, regardless of touchscreens

I drive that exact car. It's not bad at all, actually I'd rather have it up all the time than be foldaway

ah yes, give me the thx-1138 apartment look

God I miss the days of spartan 90s interiors

best interior in this thread desu

lmfaoooo

pimp my ride

luxury bullshit interior

i kind of like this

Aside from the weird looking dash.. I have to say the new Impala does a great job being a large sedan.. It also does a great job supporting my obese gf while she drives for uber...

absolutely disgusting. you have ideas from the 90s mixed with some more modern touches. looks fucked.

>What am I even looking at?
A trapped soul.

Still awful
After all these years...

I remember seeing the Volt as a concept car at a car show. Thought it was super cool on the inside but have always hated the outside.

Yet the seats look like they come out of an old honda

>that "fuck you this is mine" wall next to the passenger legs

-__-

You gotta admit

This. Fucking cheap shit electronics designed by children juiced up on ritalin and mountain dew.

The defender is a work horse car, it's for farms and the army

This made my frontal lobe spasm. I can taste metal now.

Hey, bruh! I heard you like dem buttons and shit

Thats not even a lot of buttons

>normal cluster
>digital gauge above
>clock upper right
>nav center right

It went autistic with displays.

>Regardez comment mon intérieur est >sensuel comparativement au votre.

Tout ça pour un 1.2L diesel de 30 chevaux traction.
Quelle bagnole ridicule.

>4.5k redline
wew

>that redline

>4500

>muscle memory using a touch screen

yeah ok bud. go be retarded somewhere else.

seriously what the fuck happened? there must be some huge advantage to this that they purposely limited to that right?

If you have to do it right? Do it Citroen right

>no shifter stick
>meme button
shit

I'm stumped maybe fuel economy?