Car Paint Thread

>Goat colours
>Worst colours
>Iconic paint jobs
>Paint maintenance
>Diy
>Plastidip: Ye or Nay

Worst: Champagne, happy they dont make that shit anymore
Maintenance: It takes me 2 hours to clean my car, I'm really meticulous. Only washed in strokes along the body, 3 bucket, clay each time, sealant, waxed when I'm not too tired. 2 years old and no swirls, plan to keep it that way
My paint is better than some people's come off the lot

>Goat
Pewter Silver Metallic or Phantom Grey Metallic. Galaxy Blue is a close second.

>Worst
Yellow on anything that's not a sports car, light blue, that autistic gold that every Toyota Camry from the early 2000s came in.

I can literally pull flakes off my car, I think it's the clear coat? Are there any products I can use to at least some what make my car look nicer? This thing is definitely not nice enough for a complete respray but I hate looking at it

ya, that's champagne dude
Really, there's not much to do there, if it's really that bad in your mind then you can get a rattle of spray paint/plastidip and have at it, but you'd probably want to sand it down a little first.
If you don't mind shelling it out you can get a one stage paint at maaco for like, $100

Bump.
Saw this color at night on a ghibli and was really impressed

>magenta
>neon green
both gross as hell

>Are there any products I can use to at least some what make my car look nicer?

>Gasoline
>Matches

Color: Emerald Mist

Only offered for the 2003 model year G35 sedan. In very limited numbers, I can't find production numbers, some posters on forums claim

What about champagne skirts?

Is it okay in a two tone design?

GOAT
O
A
T

Its a great color but the goat is blue

why are the rear bumpers of those camrys always lighter than the rest of the car? every one i see looks exactly like that

im getting a new car that lives outside all the time
what is the most durable paint colour that will be least prone to fade/clear coat peeling up?

only thing i could point out is that the two cars my parents own which have sat outside for the same time one is dark blue where the clear is starting to have holes and the other is silver, whcih shows no signs of deteriation.

thanks in advance

probably had some work done on it, mismatching bumper is common because paint looks different on the bumper rather than the body and some people cant be bothered

You're really asking about how color effects heat absorption and reflection...

The darker the tone the higher the insulation effect..Whereas silver and white will tend to reflect more heat away from the car.

Think of the sun protectors you put on your dashboard,they're silver.

Get silver.

Plastic vs Metal

>Not using an S13
nigger come on
Superior champagne 2-tone coming through

thanks mate, youve probably saved me a couple years down the line now i know the difference haha

Yeah but I don't own an S13 -.-

Plus most people have never even seen a Sprinter Trueno.

I may be wrong, but it's more of the paint quality than colour. I think the best course of action would be a car port, with second a car cover, but I can't personally endorse a car cover because I'm ocd with my paint. A good sealant applied after a wash gives you some extra durability as well as good beading for 2-6 months

Go for bright red or white. Never wash it and don't take the birdshit off. Glad I could help.

Birdshit is the GOAT

FYI that pic isn't paint its plasti dip check the dipyourcar website its one of the jobs they did and they use the pic to show off the quality

Do you guys keep the car's original color, change it, or what? Do you get the feeling some cars would look a lot better with other color on them?

I'm partial to this color on the new TT.

Am I gay?

Teal or M I N T