Subaru AWD

Possibly the best system available for price in cars and crossovers. This being said how is it that whenever any kind of snow hits...Subaru drivers (some) don't even move their cars?What the fuck is up with this?

They are the new Volvo - a massive safety focus. The new brand for middle aged middle class and hipsters.
Some drivers prefer to be even safer by not leaving home when there is a slightly elevated risk.

I like Subaru, but doesn't Mitsubishi offer a more sophisticated AWD system in their crossovers? The S-AWC in my mom's Outlander Gt handles better in snowy conditions than my STI.

They left the fucking summer tires on them.

Can confirm this is the reason. I hate driving in snow on summer rubber its no fun at all

I noticed this as well. I just used my new HRV in its first "snow storm" and it was a joy. Although Subaru systems are better in practice , Hondas torque vectoring system got me home without any issue.

>It's the HRV shill
Just shut the fuck up

Can you turn off traction control in new subaru's? If no then fuck off because that's all you need when you're stuck in a slippy place.

just because they can afford it doesn't mean they know how to drive it.
That and the CVTs in the newer Subarus are completely useless.

Yes. It's a button under the dash on the left, right in front of your knee on my Outback H6 VDC.

Honestly, I used to have a lot more fun in my Forester 2.5XS with the rear LSD. No nanny shit other than ABS, and I could easily throttle streer because the rear LSD made it so balanced.

This new Outback is just so fucking planted and boring unless you turn off the VDC/ESC thingy. Then it's FUN.

Just because your car is capable doesn't mean everyone else's cars are. I'd rather just not go out than get spun into by some retard in a full size 2wd pickup with an empty bed and all seasons.

I drive a '14 wrx hatch in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I get snowpacked roads for almost 6 months out of the year. Absolutely love it.

What year STI and what do you set your dif to?

what the fuck happened to my quote? Meant to link

I don't have an auto option in mine, so I set it to 50% when I'm on snow. It's an older STi, so I suspect the AWD wasn't as developed back then.

I've driven both S-AWC and Subaru's symmetric AWD and can confirm that Mitsu's is way more active. You can drive like a fucking moron and S-AWC will get you through the turn at stupid speeds. I never tested it officially but it's probably faster on a track. Plus I found that the symmetric AWD understeered in some cases. However, the Subaru's AWD system felt safe and balanced and controlled, though, for the most part. Plus, it has a much more mechanical feel to it so you feel like you are driving the car rather than driving a computer that then drives the car. Mitsubishi AWD covers up your mistakes and makes you a shit driver, IMHO.

Either is better than my open diff FWD cuk machine Hyundai.

AYO HOL UP
*blows headgasket
YOU BE SAYIN
*understeers
FINNA
*Burns oil
WE BE LIKE
*loses torque
KNOWHAHIMSAYIN
*Trunk sticks
YO
*Grenades turbo
WE WUZ RALLY AND SHEEIT

chill out bro its just some girl

This is fucking hilarious.

Alright cunts, pls help, how would I go about making an electronically controlled centre diff for a 2nd gen outback

Can I swap a newer one in?

yes, but you will have to get a stand alone controller for it

And thats it? Newer centre diff is a straight fit?

And?? She's still a shill and has shitposting plenty, """""""she"""""" deserves to be told to STFU

it would be easier to swap over the entire trans, but essentially yes