Hybrid

>hybrid
>gets worse MPG than a mitsubishi shitbox
>800 pounds heavier
>doesn't even have a backseat

how did Honda shit the bed THIS badly?

Honda has been doing and making a lot of in-between cars that don't really fit anywhere

For example the hrv has the size of a crv with none of the benefits of an suv outside of awd. It uses the civic engine and doesn't compete on the same platform the Honda element did for a sporty crv. I think the crz is the same shit. We already have the fit, they effectively made a fit with a hybrid engine and called it a different thing when it's not

They messed up by making it hybrid. Increasing weight and complexity.

I just want them to go back to the old days of making small, hyper efficient commuter vehicles

I want them to stop making an Accord sized civic. The 2015 civic si was dope as shit. The new one looks gaudy as fuck

They should really just make the Accord awd, there's not much difference between them now beyond the v6

The Insight was a super simple and light hybrid which gave it immense fuel economy...

The idea behind it was great.
>Let's join in this retro trend and make a retro CR-X, but it's 2009. So lets call it the CR-Z
Then came the terrible decisions
>Hybrids are hot shit right now! If we make this CR-Z a hybrid, we'll sell a shit-ton. Nevermind we already have an Insight project being released at the same time.
>Fuel economy is the thing now. Scrap any plans of a K20 or K24 CR-Z. We're going L15 hybrid now.
>Let's base it on the shit Fit platform instead of the great Civic platform! Nevermind that the C in the original CR-X we're trying to emulate stood for Civic.

Great idea ruined by bad decisions.

And the first gen CRX was so very light that it also had tremendous fuel economy, certainly superior to that thing OP posted.

So, why not just mix those two? A super light, simple, small, low hybrid that is fun to drive and gets ten thousand mpg.

I'm thinking something tiny and pure (without power steering and what not).

But nope, instead honda gave us the CRZ.

Sigh.

It really triggers me that modern cars are so pigfat

Mitsubishi made a car that is light and fuel efficient as fuck, and the automotive press bashed it for being "cheap" and "noisy"

Fuck this continent, nuke all of North America

Wish it shared more shit with the regular civic, including it's engine. Maybe they could offer a hybrid option and maybe reduce the price if you get it, but the base model of what is basically a CRX should be connected to the Civic and share it's market while being smaller and cheaper. That's part of why the CRX was so successful.

Still kinda want one of these things if only to do a K-swap on it.

Lol, and don't forget to have electronic EVERYTHING.

Once again, first gen CRX gets better fuel economy than most things out there. And since it doesn't need an extra 800kg of material it is by all means more enviromnental friendly.

do you own a cr-x?
definitely an amazing car for its time and they aren't hard to find at all but i'm worried the maintenance one would require after aging would render it not worth all the trouble

I wish. Good luck finding one of those in Brazil.

there's usually 2 or 3 for sale near me throughout the year but I never have the money or balls to purchase something that old

Honda was at the top of it's game in the 80s and 90s though, so I'd expect it to be hassle free. As hassle free as a decades-old car can be at any rate.

What does Veeky Forums think of the rear lights on the new civics? Personally I'm not a fan.

I don't like them. It's why I opted for a 2014 civic instead of leasing a new 2016

at least the styling isnt bad

>leasing

Oh shit what were you thinking?

My 94 Civic has been reliable as fuck despite it being through nine previous owners and modded to hell. Gets 30mpg city consistently and never breaks down.

They kept them simple so they'll last forever.

They still do. In Japan. Honda of NA is just another shitty American manufacturer that uses a badge that once meant something.

>light and fuel efficient
gee must be pretty unsafe my wife's son's mother would not approve i suspect.

EG6?

If your's is a hatch eg6 than I must take my hat off to you, because that car is god tier.

>That Low profile

>That light weight

>That chassis

>That enduring styling.

Proper.

Yep that's it. My ultimate pizza delivery machine. Never ever breaks down on me.

Wish the body was in better shape but I only paid 1300 for it.