Why aren't you getting a Model 3, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you getting a Model 3, Veeky Forums?

Don't you want to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83BxNGBYL3M
shrinkthatfootprint.com/electric-cars-green
shrinkthatfootprint.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off shill

>Don't you want to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport?
I do, that's why I drive an efficient petrol powered car.

Wow, rude.

But, user, petroleum is limited and burning it pollutes our atmosphere. With an electric car, the energy to run it has the potential to come from clean sources like wind and solar.

>Why aren't you getting a Model 3, Veeky Forums?
I like to be able to get into my cars without having to shell out £700+ every two and a half years for a new door handle.

youtube.com/watch?v=83BxNGBYL3M

But, user, the Model 3 uses a manually folding door handle that's completely different than the one on the Model S.

>muh pollution
fuck off

>Takes 10 years of driving an electric car to make up for how much pollution was generated to manufacture it
>People only drive cars for maybe 5 years at a time

mfw

Because I cannot afford it and I have more important priorities in life like getting a house with a garage.

Implying that will be any more reliable.

I want to keep my planet clean for myself and everyone else, and so future generations may also enjoy it.

If battery tech does not leapfrog very soon manufacturers and consumers will get sick of them again just like every other ev push In history.

Hybrid and ice advancements really put a dent in the ev market

Key word here is potential. Have you any idea where are electric energy comes from now? To produce and obtain the electricity inside your electric cars are more pollutant than the refining and use of gasoline powered engines since electric power comes from coal mines

But, user, with over the air updates people will be more inclined to keep their cars for longer periods of time.

That is a fair reason, user.

Yes this is true. But why are we caring so much about the future. Youre going to die within 100 years, we'll be fine and when problems arise in the future, people will figure out a way like they always have

shrinkthatfootprint.com/electric-cars-green

The past generations never gave a single fuck? they were too busy enjoying all the resources. Why do we get cucked??

>Sustainable
>Raping the planet to produce the resources required for battery EV's
Pick one, and only one.

>Petroleum is limited
Gasoline isn't the only resource capable of feeding an ICE engine. You also have diesel and propane as non-renewable resources, which can serve as a temporary buffer untill renewable fuels like ethanol and hydrogen have a majority market share.

>Potential
As it is, it's coming from coal and gas plants that produce vast quantities of emissions. Solar, wind and water aren't economically feasible to sustain a world in which the majority of cars are EV's. The only way to solve this is to finally pull of nuclear fusion, but even then the battery production will not be sustainable anyways.

>But, user, with over the air updates people will be more inclined to keep their cars for longer periods of time.
Nope. Capitalism, and economically sustainable car companies, don't work that way - they need to sell volume to keep being competitive and profitable.

Besides, you can't do over the air hardware upgrades - and it's hardware that makes people want to upgrade to a new car.

>With an electric car, the energy to run it has the potential to come from clean sources like wind and solar.
yeah that works really well here in Germany and the CO2 emission didn't actually rise because he have to burn more coal than 10 years ago. no way.

>shrinkthatfootprint.com
nice pop science, too bad the reality doesn't work like buzzfeed and tumblr thinks it does.

I'm rather getting this one though

>buying the cheap model from a manufacturer that already has unreliable cars

>Don't you want to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport?

nigga i have stage 2 stomach cancer. i give absolutely zero shits about the environment because it's not gonna be my fucking problem. I want a fun cars for the two or whatever years i have left, not a good or a green one. Just fun

Fuck beat me to it. Well played
I'll just post an appreciating car instead

>put sash in the window corner for mounting rear view mirrors
>mount them on the sheetmetal anyway
HONDAAAAAAA

So just because your daddy and grandpappy were selfish means you should be too?

I'm not getting one because I sometimes travel farther than the shitty electric range of that thing.

But all electricity coming from coal is an objective truth of course. Hang yourself, you stupid pile of shit.

The only car I can afford is v8, body on frame, has a giant trunk and designed during the Carter administration.

bullshit. go blow smoke up someone elses ass.

Too expensive, too few charge stations, long trips not possible unless you plan around superchargers.

>Takes 10 years of driving an electric car to make up for how much pollution was generated to manufacture it
You are grossly underestimating the embedded energy in a BEV

>sustainable
Charging an electric car uses more oil than fueling a gasoline car fuckwit

Because I want a Car for what I don't have to wait 3 Years for

>>Takes 10 years of driving an electric car to make up for how much pollution was generated to manufacture it

Link?

As much as I love Tesla, they have reliability issues, and considering I need my whip to last me as long as it can without issues like a Toyota. I'll stick with my Camry for now

>ad hominem

[citation needed]