I WANT A 90s AESTHETIC WITHOUT ANY STUPID COMPUTER SHIT AND GADGETS ON THE DASH

Other urls found in this thread:

autosofinterest.com/2014/11/18/design-notes-1991-chevrolet-caprice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're a bit late to the party.
It is 2017 and plebs want everything to be smartphones, even cars

crate engine in whatever chassis you want

problem solved

all modern cars you can afford look like shit.

There are still plenty of modern cars have the styling spot-on.

Then don't use the gadgets you fucking twat. It's not like you can't find a cheap as shit car anyway.

KYS hipster.

>90's aesthetic
>not ugly and cheap looking
Go away.

>actually liking that grey plastic
lmoa. That being said, these proprietary dash technologies are gonna be VERY dated in short time. I get the feeling the used car market will work very differently in the future

VERY ANGRY
TYPING LOUDLY
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i got you covered senpai

new edge design could be made to look good but it died out because of muh yearly restyling and pussy crash regs

here's the answer to your problems

>all cars look like shit now

kys pls faggot

I think early 90's aesthetic still looked nice enough, it was mid-late 90's where things started going to shit

>exhibit A.

why do yanks not like these? Sure the interior is meh but its a nice looking car

I hate the giant grills and shitty angry headlights that new cars have. My car has it and toyota redesigns the front end drastically every year which further dates my car. 80s/90s bmws, lexus, and volvo are good examples of a timeless design.

don't forget the endless swoopy lines that go nowhere

I think people appreciate them more now, but at the time people criticized it's design as looking like "a beached whale"

it was probably a bit too ahead of it's time designwise, considering early 90's we had the downsized AeroVics representing landbarges. We didn't get the Panther Design we know and love today till the late 90's, and I'd say the caprice is more in line with those late 90's upsized Panthers.

I have a thing I found that goes over the design process of the early 90's caprice and its a great read.

autosofinterest.com/2014/11/18/design-notes-1991-chevrolet-caprice/

rip new edge design.

gave us some truely beautiful cars but all anyone will remember is the ford taurses and au falcons

i think the design of most 90's cars peaked in about 1997 and everything was downhill from there

it either went full generic soapbar mode or Square econonobox shit

The looks don't bother me too much, but I really hate all the electronics stuff. I really want a new car so I can have a vehicle that is 100% mine, but it's always going to be a compromise with all the stupid shit that is shoved in new cars.

my 90's soapbox is pretty restrained it has a hidden digital speedo, rpm, water temp oil temp displays in those 3 screens under the odo in the cluster there the mode button on the left and set controls them

Pretty cool for 1997 and i dont know any other cars that do it from the factory besides top spec JDM lexus, toyotas and nissans with digital dashs

Why not take the money you'd spend on a new car and buy a pristine condition used 90's car? Sure, it'll still have random old car problems, but you can enjoy the 90s today as long as you pay the premium.

id argue it peaked early-mid 90's. because mid-90's is where all those loosened design regulations started to show that carmakers didnt know what to do with their new freedom and cars started becoming plastic bars of soap. you mention that all anyone remembers is the taurus, but for good reason, it is a pretty good representation of everything wrong with what happened to car design in the 90's, which is what set the groundwork for car design in the 00's, etc etc

OP, looks are subjective.