tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 5
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-5/
Zampella has said the next set of patch notes is coming within a week or two
twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664
On Saturday the 21st we will be having a tfg private match session for PC
pastebin.com/50QRbJad

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

>Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-LycfkOzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post more titty monster legion

>Mfw some guy is trying to be fancy and go fast
>put down my a wall and spray him with my spitfire
Going fast should be locked unless you prove you can handle it

3rd for Bring back floor is lava, shitters need to be put in their place

P2016 and LSTAR are the coolest guns

This is objectively false when the Wingman Elite exists.

Bet you can't even handle it a wall shitter

>scope crutch

I can. But why bother when I just can jump up on my highest point of spawn and let the fast sanic wannabes throw them selves at me and my lmgs?

>ever aiming down sights with the WE

t. No headshot camo owner

because fun

it's boring to just a-wall farm, and it feels really frustrating to play against an a-waller who has a brain and repositions. it's literally not fun for anyone, unless you enjoy the suffering of others.

>unless you enjoy the sufferings of others
Yeah, I do. Doesn't help when dumb titans cant Punch me and they keep shooting while I laser them down.

>not mag dumping niggas like a cop

well then i guess your parents did a poor job raising you

sorry you turned out this way, bud

Tell me about Viper
Why does he wear a helmet?

Reminder that if your Personal Computer is too powerful you are a bad Ion player.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-LycfkOzU

hahaha for you xD

original meem

hooooooooooooooooooooooo i did it

i finally regen'd the spitfire. oddly enough, the recoil seemed to cooperate more and more as i progressed... maybe spitfire-chan just needs to warm up to you?

trust boolet my frrendz

Im at spitfire lvl 13. It's not so bad at longer ranges. Oddly enough stock sights are the modt comfortable for me

towards the end of the regen, i could actually kinda get a feel for how the gun wanted to kick and control it on instinct, so i could spray at closer ranges with no problems

felt like learning the AK spray pattern all over again

Im still pretty shit with the flatline
I never fired a gun irl but that horizontal recoil looks so artificial and forced

No need to be sorry. I feel sorry though, because no one else will experience being at the top every game.

the only reason you'd ever have solely side-to-side recoil in real life is if you had a muzzle brake that worked WAY TOO WELL but was also broken so that it randomly distributed gas to either side, making your gun uncontrollable and honestly probably wrenching it out of your hands

Is there an /a/nime network?

>fighting in titans 1v1
>both of you get doomed
>eject first to avoid execution
>throw two satchels down

is there any greater feeling?

Winning the 1v1

Exactly how much damage do satchels do?

Might switch to Stim and Satchels and Sidewinder for next Gen.

To master missile, I must become missile.

2200 damage to Titans, 125 to pilots. 2500 is one bar of Titan HP, and pilots obviously have 100 HP. All Titans have a doom HP of 2500.

>how much do satchels do
A lot.

A reminder of what once was.

Do they stick to Titans? Can I jump on, steal battery and depart leaving two sticky satchels?

Yes, satchels will stick to enemy Titans and Reapers. I don't think they stick to friendly ones, though.

Is this you?

about this much

Kek no. I'm not that dumb.

>still do not understand Ion's energy system

Am I just mentally retarded? To be honest they don't fucking explain shit and I fundamentally an not figure out this stupid energy system

>look at vortex shield icon
>see it's good
>go to use it
>it's red
>Try to use shoulder laser
>won't work
>Laser shoulder cannon icon is full
>just simply won't work
>no feedback saying why like my Titan OS saying "You need more vespen gas" or anything
>Have the kit where critical hits restore energy
>Find out that when you ADS it drains energy but when you shoot normally you don't

This Titan is so counter intuitive like what the fuck? Can someone tell me how to gitgud?

there's a vertical bar to the left of your crosshair
that's your energy meter

There's a bigass bar running down the left side of Ion's HUD. That's your energy meter. Ion has no cooldowns (with the exception of her Tripwire), but every ability you have that isn't your LMB or your Core costs energy. If you don't have enough energy, you can't use that ability.

Read your HUD, you ding-dong.

Holy fucking shit I never noticed this bar cause it's way the fuck off to the side. I kept reading shit online about how it's to the left of your crosshair and I could never see anything - all I ever saw was the Vortex shield icon depleting sometimes when I was shooting and I took that as they must have changed it or some shit

Fuck I'll go try this out now and not be an idiot

HOLO pilot should climb over obstacles and wait a bit befor disappearing.

I hate how a tiny chair interrupts it.

Asking for smart holograms might be a bit much. I mean, it's the future, but come on.

Is literally nobody online on PC?

Not at this hour, I bet.

im on

tfo.nexon.com

Now that you know, here's a couple tidbits:
>Ion's "Tripwires are free" kit is good, because now they don't cost energy and are only ruled by their internal 10s CD
>Even if you're completely tapped out on energy, you can still use the Splitter Rifle (RMB) to full effect
>Currently, Ion has a couple bugs. One of them is that her Vortex Shield is framerate-dependent: the lower your FPS, the less energy your shield drains and the longer your shield lasts
>Another, less prevalent and more niche bug: dismounting Ion causes her to forget how much energy she has. If you tap out Ion's energy, dismount and immediately re-embark, Ion will greet you with a full stick of butter

I think we've seen that once or twice.
>Fourth DESTROYER chassis

>Upgraded my PC recently
>Have stable 144fps
>Always wondered why is Ion's shield so useless
Now I know.

This is fixed I'm pretty sure.

Is it literally just first Titanfall but F2P with microtransactions and 4th DONUT STEEL chasis?
For what purpose?

We would've heard about it if it were fixed.

Pretty much, yeah.

I was talking game balance.
It's a nice gimmick but easily outclassed by grapple or stim

Actually it isn't fixed. Yea my bad. Still getting 3 second shields on 144 hertz.

>make autoexec.cfg in game folder
>alias +vortex "fps_max 45; +mouse3"
>alias -vortex "fps_max 300; -mouse3"
>bind g +vortex
>add to the game's launch options +exec autoexec.cfg
>change the bind to whatever you want, change the 45 to as low as you can handle, change the mouse3 to what you bound defensive to.
>hop into ion
>enjoy your weaponized framerates

thats cause the flatline is pretty much an rng weapon. there is no mastering the "recoil" on that thing unless you have a gamepad with aim assist

>Even if you're completely tapped out on energy, you can still use the Splitter Rifle (RMB) to full effect
itll zoom in, but it will only fire a single stream if you have no energy. as you regen naturally and regain from hitting titans, youll fire a few 3/5 streams inbetween but still mostly just a single stream like normally, but with zoom.

>Someone saves you from mid execution animation

So to be more specific, the Splitter Rifle will always be able to draw on whatever little energy you have, since a single Splitter Rifle shot costs the least energy of all of Ion's abilities.

Why are people autistic when fighting Ronins

>Spot a legion
>Electric smoke both sides of him
>Instead of running through the smoke risking health in order to get away to safely to kill me, he sits there and let's me take pot shots at him
>He at 2 bars before he decides to run
>He stops like 20 feet away turns around and tries to gun me down
>Genji.png
>He uses a whole clip trying to kill me with reflect up
>Sword core and kill him

And I'm just a below average Ronin player

I had this idea for a new titan when I got out of the shower last night. Please rate and mostly hate

>Pathogen
>"Support" titan, less focused on dealing damage and more on assisting its team
>Stryder chassis, cf. Northstar, Ronin
>Primary weapon: Tesla Cannon
>>A semiautomatic lightning cannon, essentially a titan sized G2. The lightning bolts dissipate and deal no damage after a range comparable to Ronin's leadwall's pellets
>Offensive: EMP Wave
>>Releases a cone of EMP energy which deals some damage and scrambles enemy Titan's vision like getting hit by an Arc grenade
>Defensive: System Optimization
>>Temporarily boosts the movement speed of nearby friendly titans
>Utility: Electro Web
>>Covers a nearby area in sticky electrified goo, slowing enemy titans and damaging person-sized targets that move through it
>Core: Virus Core
>>Forgoes primary weapon, boosts, and some movespeed for the duration to reach its arms out and project a virus into the systems of enemy titans
>>If a pilot attempts to eject from a titan affected by Virus Core, their titan instead reaches in the cockpit and kills them before self destructing
>>Replaces eject messages ("EJECT NOW EJECT," "PROTOCOL: 03," "STAY SAFE" etc.) with edgy shit like "ERROR ERROR ERROR," "PROTOCOL: NOT TODAY," "YOU LET THIS HAPPEN"

KITS
>Lighting Rounds: Tesla Cannon leaves a damaging remnant on surfaces it hits. cf. Scorch's thermite launcher
>Lighting Aug: Tesla Cannon bolts have longer range before dissipating
>Optimization Subroutines: Increases the speed buff granted by System Optimization
>EMP Array: EMP Wave has two charges
>Demon Core: Virus Core lasts longer

brought to you by autism

>Not Arc Cannon
TRIGGERED

>R201 is best ar
>CAR is best smg
>kraber is best sniper
>SMR is best grenadier
>EV is best shotgun
So why do we have alt guns already?
Default weapons are better than any of the unlockable ones

How do I use the thunderbolt good? I feel like I do literally nothing whenever I try and use it.

You don't. Just get the patch and stop using it.

I calculated the number of frames Ion's shield is active and the shield lasts around 500 frames.
So if you use and set it to 10fps, you literally have a shield that lasts 50 fucking seconds and if you're madman enough to set it to 1fps then you have a shield for 8 fucking minutes.
Now I kinda want someone to test if that would work and how much damage would you do if whole enemy team was shooting it constantly for those 8 minutes.

>R201 over g2
>CAR over volt
>Kraber over Double Take
>SMR over Softball

No, son.

>meme
>reddit
>meme
>meme

Yes, totally

You use it by not using it ;^)

>Volt
>Good

I wanted to use it too but it's trash compared to the CAR

It's shit. I have almost 500 hits with it and something like 7 kills.

I have a gamepad with aim assist and it's still pretty extreme

I'm trying to regen the spitfire lmg, any tips or am I just in for fuck?

why
do you have that much free time or what?

Should I get this or BF1?

>tfw always getting top of the scoreboard in matches recently
is this what sex feels like?

>have a shield that lasts 50 fucking seconds

we should start abusing it so they finally fix it

I have both games and have way more fun with this.

I have both as well and I play TF2 a lot more. My main turn off with BF1 is micro stutters and TF2 is butter smooth. ggdice

This. Have both, enjoy Titanfall way more

You're generally not trying to do massive damage with the Thunderbolt against enemy Titans, but you can still do some damage. The Thunderbolt's gimmick is that its shots do radiant damage, so even a shot that only passes by a Titan and doesn't score a direct hit still does damage, especially when amped. More than anything, what this does for you is massively boost your Titan meter, faster than any other AT weapon. What you can do is aim slightly above a Titan's head, so that you can assure the Titan gets blasted with electricity as it passes by. Don't expect too many direct kills, but you'll be doing quite a bit in Titan fights.

You're in for fuck. The Spitfire is the most useless gun in the game. Every other Pilot weapon either fills a specific niche or otherwise outperforms the Spitfire significantly in certain ways. You can still get kills with it, but it'll be a struggle.

How's the online? Since its the main reason to buy it for me, also what about dlc? I'll be getting the normal version so I hope I wont miss a lot of shit

>blasting music as loud as possible
>cant hear a fucking thing in-game
>also regen'ing L-STAR
>have no fucking clue how to use it
>just going fast and icing fools
>end up on top of the scoreboard with ~150pts

what how what did i do

Just topfragged with it.

The damage is ass, and the hipfire accuracy is terrible. It's okay against enemy titans too if you unload in their critspots with an a-wall. The only way to use this weapon is to crouch, ADS, and only get headshots. It's like playing with both your legs broken but it's doable

Online is steady and reliable, if smaller than similar games. Titanfall 2, unlike pretty much every other AAA game on the market, has no season pass. All gameplay-related DLC (maps, weapons, modes, etc.) will be free for everyone. The only things you buy with money are certain cosmetics, like Prime Titans, camos/nose art, and banners.

All gameplay content (maps, guns, titans, etc.) are and will be free DLC. The only things you can pay for are purely cosmetic. You're only missing some exclusive cosmetics that come with the deluxe.

>It's like playing with both your legs broken

Treat the L-STAR like you're reloading every time you release the trigger. Make sure to spray from side-to-side for maximum coverage.

>lay on the trigger till whatever you're shooting at is dead or you're overheated
>the alarm bell is 9 shots left

that's all i remembered from someone who was talking about the L-STAR in-depth from a previous thread, so i was going off that. as for max coverage, i just treated it like an SMR and prayed that it would work. it did

I just did it. Spitfire is my go to weapon and my best weapon. Do it, it's fun.

Damn that's pretty cool for an AAA game, really based.
One last thing, I'll be getting it on ps4, is there a good playerbase? I'd be in south american or maybe american servers

For a second, I thought you were talking about the Thunderbolt.

I forgot, you also need to tapfire it because shooting more than 3 bullets turns it into a fucking shotgun that shoots one pellet at a time

I thiiiiink the PS4 is the biggest of the three platforms. I'm not sure.

>hold the trigger
>jerk mouse in a random direction between every shot
>trust boolet

Apex Northstar

a regular, non RMB zoomed in splitter shot cost no energy. RMB zoomed in 3/5 splitter shot costs a little energy, and yes itll always be able to draw on whatever little energy that regens as you fire.
its not really worth it to hold rmb after you reach zero energy, not unless you NEED the zoom to ill a target right that instant. its a waste of energy to get a few 3/5 way splitter shots in rather than let your energy recharge so you can use your full kit again

northstar needs a cups

>Apex Northstar-tan arm wrestling BT-tan and winning

Regular LMB is the Plasma Rifle and costs no energy. Zooming in with RMB turns it into the Splitter Rifle, which does cost energy. Gotta get the terminology straight, or people get confused.