/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
[YouTube] FINAL FANTASY XIV: STORMBLOOD Teaser Trailer (embed)

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 update info from Famitsu
famitsu.com/news/201701/05124262.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu (embed)

Previously on /xivg/ :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

Stormblood trailer because I'm retarded.

So I should avoid anyone from Drakn or Soft? Any other fc's to avoid or people outside them?

i still love you

Balmung.

Post their initials

xth for cozy friendship shenanigans

>fc's to avoid
That's dumb. You avoid shitty people, an fc is a group that will always have good and bad people. So avoiding an entire fc ends up limiting only yourself in the longrun.

Edge, Suya, Demo, RareX and haHAA

Some of those people don't even play anymore

51-60

>Is the game actually difficult?
You will probably hit some bumps at first but as long as you focus on trying to understand how things work, everything falls into place nicely.

Most of the time the game is difficult is because it's *very* group oriented and people being stupid makes it difficult for the group.

New list RIGHT NOW!!!!!

xth for malera master race

xaela>raen

I miss some of those people...

x'th for cats in high places

post motherfucking KATBOIS

>posts image with no friends
Really grinds the gears

i'm probably the only person in this thread that know every single one of these players
sad

how the fug is waffle an ebin

Cross class is pretty simple once you get in game and can actually look at it. Check the wiki entry for the job you want to play to see what skills can and can not be cross classed for it. As for handouts, this game does not. Make sure you do hall of the novice before the first dungeon because it passes you some decent gear, but after that nothing is just handed to you for free.

As for game difficulty, its like the other guy mentioned, most things aren't particularly hard but are made difficult by braindead players. There's tougher content later in, of course.

There are nice people in DRAKN there are nice people in Soft. You should judge people based on their own merit, not what FC they are in or what some user here says.

How hard is a12s after the 2nd add phase?

I miss Kan Ojo ;_;

Who are the nice people in DRAKN?

Post elzn

Haven't really had the chance to sit everyone down and gently bully them into cute group photos yet. Soon.

Who are the nice ones that won't try to rape me?

tfw can't teach my kind to put on clothes

You're already a rape-victim by now.

What is your most hated Healer/Tank/dps Class and why? Also are all Mentors retarded?

me

Name the nicest, purest ebins in DRAKN and Soft!

Only last phase is "hard"

Moni
Sushi
Sue
Raim
Seihai
Felix
Isara
Penguin
Rum
Rune
Selkie
Yuchu
Gyoni
Lethe
Lethe
Ablu

am kind
am drakn

Like 3/4th of those are definitely not nice or pure..

Fuck monks

why is this allowed in public but I can't call people niggers

>purest ebins
>starts with Moni

Who?

They're all nice, just come aren't so pure.

Is it hard in the sense that it has a bullshit mechanic that will wipe you for sneezing the wrong direction?

Actually nice, doesn't look like a tranny like most posted here

Dragoons. If only because the majority live up to the floorwarmer meme. Anyone that goes "MY SUB MY PLAYSTYLE" while playing so fucking poorly it drags the whole group down. Also yes, most players are retarded, therefore most mentors are retarded.

nah I do too
I've been here forever

>some

most of that list is not pure

>antidepressants killed my libido
>can't get into erp anymore

why live

no
you dont know some of them

lily....

Nice, want to learn how to box with me then?

>Ablu
>drakn
;_;

ok bud I've been around here probably longer than you

that's no way to refer to people! It's neither kind nor necessary

>tfw not on that list

>tfw not on any list

I'm doing something wrong

>user for the last time accept my FC invite or face the consequences.

To play, or to have in my party? I really can't stand playing Monk at all, it's the only class I haven't leveled.

If we're talking about in our parties though, I really can't deal with Bards. Good bards are amazing and I love them but Bard just seems to attract the most awful terrible players in the game, doing shit for DPS while not playing Foe at all, or when I'm a healer and I go below half mana because I literally can't stop casting Malefic, they just immediately Mage Ballad. I know they probably think they are being helpful so I just grit my teeth and deal with it but maaaan give me Foe . . .

Why don't we post Paissa instead . . .

Dps and tanks have to eat a puddle that does increasing damage.
First that did it have to stack with healers for spread damage aoe, followed by raidwide damage aoe from giant Alex. After that tank get demolished with new tankbuster, and it repeats, just that all dps have the red laser from NM attached and drop puddles that instakill you, while Alex does a Sacrament.
Also Alex Prime will use Mega Holy after the giant Alex AoE.

tfw

ok then tell me who is tieve melriss

Just have a quick question to ask. The last MMO I played was black desert. Anyone here play that, and is XIV less grindy compared to it?

seto..

some cactuar faggot

Why would he be? Hes not a DRAKN or Soft.

I'm addicted to chocobo racing and I need help.

Is there an easier and better way to earn MGP?

Is Eorzea flat or round?

Fuck, must be hell for healers then.

no lol hes from moogle eu

yeah no one ever cared about moogle though lmao
never was relevant

There is no game grindier than BDO. Granted, every mmo is going to have grindy portions. But nothing compares to "Grind, then pvp while you grind some more: the game"

>open friendslist
>almost all are in Private Chambers - Mist or some Apartments

Why

>accidentally left my game running all night and day 'cause I thought I closed it
Whoops.

I personally would love a dungeon or diadem like thing inspired by journey to the center of the earth.

Hey thanks!

but you dont know them all lol

who here /treatstheirbarrackslikeanapartmentwithfriends/ here?

I don't need a house or apartment, I got cool roe babes to hang with here.

It was during the first week
Also if a puddle goes off because not absorbed by the group in time, it will give healing and damage down to the party.

By 2nd add phase I assume you mean timegates.

1st inception is easy.
2nd inception is pretty much just a matter of having crystals placed correctly, and then going the right way. Some groups have trouble with that after months of having cleared.
Final phase just requires all your DPS to be on the same page and not put communion puddles in safe zones.

The thing you're most likely to mess up at first is someone missing a puddle, which makes things harder for your healers but you can recover. On the other hand, if someone dies, things will get a lot harder (potentially fatal if it's a melee dps) I STRONGLY recommend you focus on getting the mechanics right before going batshit insane on DPS. You have quite a bit of time to kill the boss assuming you do mechanics consistently, and when you have them down you can go for more DPS and kill it in less mechanic repeats.

Fuck this post, but lethe is cool.

SCHOLAR. FUCK SCHOLAR remove scholar etc. Fuck that class and almost everyone who plays it. I hate it so much I don't have an opinion on the other two.

Because you are in drakn/soft

that name isn't on the list
I said I know everyone on the list
I don't know every single person ever in existence like you do apparently

stop replying to yourself.

whos above byooki in the list?

Did SE ever give any condolences on the passing of Yugiri's VA? I may have missed it, but I always wondered how they were going to handle it.

*Autistic screeching*

Hey Thank (You)!

Silly question maybe, but what kind of food should I use as DRK? Or tanks in general I guess.

Also I'm supposed to meld STR on right side, and crit/det on left right?

you should stay elezen for a while, ada, I know someone who appreciates it highly

Lizur wives

Didn't STR melds die forever ago?

I dunno, i'm gonna need to see some tangible evidence

Thanks for the advice, I play melee dps so thats good to know. We have no trouble up to timegates, where the tanks forget to use cooldowns. Should the crystals be placed in cardinal directions, or between them?

Who are the worst people in DRAKN?

wish I had a lizard wife(male)

Kirito Tsunderie

So I am that new faggot who was posting earlier. I was thinking about going Lancer and then of course Dragoon later.

I was laughing at the guy bitching about Dragoon earlier.

Anyway, it seems neat.

>yfw loh stole all the cute boys

I would guess ffxiv is less grindy, although if you want a soul-draining grind here they are available. This is a traditional theme-park mmo, with caps on everything. Weekly caps on gear currency, loot lockouts for the casual and harder raids, caps on crafting/gathering tokens, everything. You can grind to your hearts content, but after a certain point you'll just be grinding optional stuff- gear for alts, crafting tokens for mats to make expensive consumables, that sort of thing. If you focus on keeping your main job/role geared and don't do high level crafting or gathering you hit a plateau pretty quickly and will often run out of shit to do after you get your weekly clears of the raid. I don't mean that you'll be completely bored and there's nothing to do in the game, but your list of weekly "chores" will get done really fast.

Wish I could be that wife instead.