/ovg/ - Halal Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/rl514283e6ux9o3/ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017@ks_brands_hatch-gp_20170122115911
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I need some help with the Rfactor GT3 Mod. Installed everything and updated the skins. But as the photo shows. They turn out black. Any ideas on what to do?

>inb4 re-install

Use DirectX 9

Like said, try using DX9

I feel so stupid right now. DX9 did the job. Cheers lads.

nice race lads

i knew something was about to go down when i saw sti and tomthy go SAIDO BAI SAIDO into paddock

Got an actual webm of the crash?

>Bob not in first
You need more track days bb

>it's another "shitter tries to win the race in the first lap, gives you damage, wrecks on lap 1-2, and dnfs" episode

who?

i know right

Nice street tires

I saw you do that at Brands Hatch.

Sorry for the pileup I caused at the straight when I clipped the grass coming out of the last turn, my car ended up red everywhere so it fucked my race , if anyone could webm it id appreciate it
t. isaac

i must have selected Street 90s on my car

really? who are you
you should have come over and said hi when i was picking gravel out of my wheel arches at the end of the day

Replay of the race.

mediafire.com/file/rl514283e6ux9o3/ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017@ks_brands_hatch-gp_20170122115911

jesus the VR looks amazing

Anyone else getting terrain.tdf mismatches on the GT3 server?

everyone is, the server is fucked

>1gb
you could've zipped it or something

Yeah I figured since there aren't any times on liveracers.

yeah "anonymous" is a shit organizer, who knew

Plenty of time to fix it since race isn't for two weeks

Why the gap? 24h of Daytona?

I'll get that sorted out.

Think that's just a mistake, not sure why as we previously agreed we would race next saturday.

Why race when 90% of the people won't show since Daytona?

At race start and I'm at back of grid, should I go as soon as light goes green or wait for car in front of me to go?

Go as soon as it's green
If there's space to pass go for it, just don't take anyone out

Well that leaves me plenty of time to make my new skin ;_;

>tfw making a skin for the first time

Fun times.

Wish me luck senpai

>and then told them to be happy they only lost three positions.

kita my man, i literally never said that.

i have already apologised twice. i'm not going to beg for your forgiveness. i would have expected a touch less autism from the j turn man, himself

He's probably just mad because he had to deal with me the whole race

least you were in last place so it didnt matter.

Nice, im also making my first skin, hopefully it doesnt turn out too autistic

I hate this thing. Hate hate hate it. It's such a cheap piece of plastic crap. Why did you meme me in to buying this thing Veeky Forums?

Several people in ovg have one with no problems, and they say it's good for what it offers.

there's a skin in the pack that was made by drawing squigley lines in paint and then filling the gaps in on the template, make something you're happy with!

There are no good racing wheels, and no accurate racing video games.

You could spend 20 thousand dollars on a full accuforce cockpit and get close, but then there's no video game accurate enough to use the cockpit to its full potential.

It's the stick shift that bothers me. It's a fucking piece of shit.

What SUV would you like to see in next Forza Horizon 3 DLC pack?

Alfa Stelvio.

>tfw we actually did it

>own shitty broken iRacing GT3 car
>buy meta GT3 so I can finish the season without crashing out of every other race
>own two shitty broken iRacing GT3 cars
In hindsight this looks dumber than it did at the time

>permanent exhaust flames
Italy please

It's the rocket motors.

>Tooley replaced Isaac in my replay

Nah, everyone's just going FAST

Same happened to my replay.

hektik

First purchase McLelen, second purchase was ... the ... BMW?

BEARTATO claimed this was 2 laps.

>BMW
>meta

He got you mixed up with lancer i think

You know the whole "permanent backfire" thing only happens because you keep on rewinding the replay to death, right?

It was happening during the race to some people.

I never seen it happen during a race. Normally, it happens when you fast forward or rewind anytime during the replay, and then play it at normal speed. That's the same thing that causes the spinning head glitch I described in the last thread

very good brasilian driving standards

perfect racing line dummy

>pants status: soiled

>it never happened to me so it is impossible that it happened to anyone else

bullying ranek.

filename was supposed to be something along the lines of abuse of the elderly but I'm lazy

ranek strikes back: electric bogaloo

So, now we love AC?

No

... not even a one night stand?
It's not like I can resist that delicious Porsche child-bearing rear end

Sorry, I don't like Italian

We love racing with each other. For that case, AC is providing a stable server and race series. Our numbers and participation has built up so we can start doing and continuing series after Porsche Cup is over. AC and rF2 will be getting more love in the short future.

What game do you guys use to race on for the weekend races?

my hands and computer

>another week, another Spanish or Portugese speaker ruining your GT3 race

ACGT3 revival when?

Soon™

Yes, it isn't just a meme. It will be coming in the future.

Probably in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year. Good series take time to build up. In this case with planning/balance/content.

noice

Why do you guys race gt3? Its slower than f1 and the cars never lose traction so it boring as hell to race.

t. shitter who only cares about the worst motorsport

They're fun to drive and attract large grids. Why's this a bad thing?

And yet they crash them every 2 corners as it is.

Sounds like we got a Finnish air force fighter pilot here

these turbonerds don't like single seaters

They also don't like enduro races

let's do 10 minute races let's go

getting out of rookie in iracing is so aids
even though we're 2 wide, and im on the inside line, these idiots still try to apex and end up hitting me

>AC and rF2
I'd rather stick with AC unless something really amazing comes out for rF2 since there's plenty of fun default content stuff in it, even doing silly stuff with the road cars.

And anyone complaining about the paywall at this point is a moran since the DLC can be pirated and they were never going to buy the base game anyway even after the dozens of times its been on sale in various places.

but the only people that like single seaters are turbonerds

here's the trick: you're trying to race in the assumption that the other driver is worth a shit
pull out of a side by side even if it means you lose the place you'll build up safety and eventually be a real racer

rF2 will be mostly stock content, with potential for thoroughly tested mod tracks (ie, series admin will actually practice a race start before the weekend). No mod cars.

AC has its faults for anything that requires a pit and we do still like to do races that are over 60 mins.

Must be this. I can't tell who's behind me, only after they pass.

>AC has its faults for anything that requires a pit and we do still like to do races that are over 60 mins.
>tfw GTA5's racing scene did successful pitstops before AC did

Yeah longer races are pretty fun and I agree AC sucks ass at that. It just doesn't seem like people who want to do racing around here care for rF2 which is a shame.

We had a period where we did a lot of rF2 series and not a lot of them went super well, so people are a bit gunshy and there's not a lot of unique content to get them excited about a series that has to be in rF2.

>McLaren
>plows like a truck in 3rd-4th gear corners, if you load the car too much in 5th-6th gear corners you will die

>Audi
>front end is as vague as a truck in first gear corners, nearly impossible to save once the rear tires start spinning, curbs are death, ABS works like shit compared to the McLaren

>BMW
>so slow in a straight line it can barely hold the draft due to BoP retardation, supposedly has had rear suspension that acts up at low speed forever

So what's wrong with the AMG

>So what's wrong with the AMG
Well for one it's in iRacing.

It's a Mercedes

AMG is only allowed to hire Somalian engineers

Nothing, you just got scammed

Imagine how much better you'd be if you spent more time practicing and learning how to setup a car instead of bitching on a Bengali gouache enthusiast forum.