Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Edge
youtu.be/iM8eOwvU8s8
vocaroo.com/i/s1o9p9mlVZb8
youtu.be/CP-DEuIt_V8
youtu.be/0pdqf4P9MB8
youtu.be/aMDEwmfRrc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for more AU shoops please

fuck you made two

Shooper here. I'm taking requests.

WRC 2017 auyota

MUSTANG

there is 3 ausfag threads on the front page of Veeky Forums...

dont buy a "15.5hp" vangard when its really a 13hp briggs

Fucking Gumtree ASSHOLE i know where he lives what should i do Veeky Forums?

VL Commo

>implying its headlights arent already AU-core anyway

wait ill post a VX he can do that too lol

or this

or whatever hahah

Veeky Forums newfag here, is there a term for the style of cars from the 90s? The boxy smallish kind of look

Alright give me a bit and I'll get em done. I'll do the Mustang first.

Mow dicks into his lawn, obviously.

oh and this

You absolute madman love ya

New Edge it started in the late 80's in concept cars but GM did it first

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Edge

Don't use this thread

it's got falcunts shitty cucked OP pasta

had to unfuck so much shit got the carb sent away to be tuned and rejetted as it was fucked a year or so ago

The motor itself is fine
i havent fucking made a thread in ages lol nice try jimmyshit

That's not what I mean user, I mean the styles like of the E90 Corollas. the pics in that article seem too modern

80's wedge design

AHAHAHHAA

i dont care if we stole this from Downshift our shops are better

cheers cunt

Better version.

Why is the e30 318is considerer good but the e36 318is shit even though they use the same engine

i fucking want one

thats awesome please do more i love itt

>get SN95
>???
>Graft front end on
done

200-300kg or so

Smaller, different suspension, less weight.

gubbmint apprentice loan for tools vs buying outright($2,000-$4,000 to get me started depending on what brand)?

>not attracted to men
>want a guy to fuck me in the ass
what am I /dat/ ?

a faggot, harry

>apprentice loan
>apprentice
>loan
LOL they tried to jew me into this shit last year and i told them to get fucked

best new meme of 2017

this legit looks really good

im 22 so pay is bad but not the worst.
what's it involve? i haven't looked into it.

same design period alot of ford 90's cars looked exactly the same

Its a fucking scam dont do it.

if your JSA and uni and or shop wont sort out tools for you just save up for it yourself those loans are a fucking SCAM in fact the whole HECS system is fucked

Well shit, all that needs is an AU grill and it's really close to being a two door AU.

GF is looking for a new car, sedan preferably, mostly for city driving and costs what a uni graduate can finance.

Suggestions?

you know what to do...

90s Toyota Camry.

>>new

Corolla.

ah k. i've got $40,000 debt from a uni degree so not keen for more debt.
it seems to be a buy tools yourself when you can deal

A true falcondore
amazing

>getting a newFAG car
LEL LOOK AT THIS NOOB

You know the apprentice loan is paid in tiny amounts on each pay for the whole year, it's not a lump sum anymore

>it seems to be a buy tools yourself when you can deal
get a 2ndhand set locally look online
>ah k. i've got $40,000 debt from a uni degree so not keen for more debt.
>40k debt
>for a shit degree
we merrica now!

Thank god they make tonnes of money off those international students!

Whatever will we do without a unlimited supply of caffeine artists?

Hey, it's her money. I pointed out several good second-hand options.

Ok whats your/her budget and whos the co-sign for the finance? Better not be you mate get her folks to sign

>NEW car
>finance
>uni
WEW LAD hope she loves debt. Woman logic strikes again.

Does she at least have work? If she doesnt he's fucked

this is the most aussiemerrican thing ive ever seen

youtu.be/iM8eOwvU8s8

She has an arts degree and is applying at galleries right now

vocaroo.com/i/s1o9p9mlVZb8

lel

Probably looking around 20ish k.
No idea who's gonna sign, I'm broke af and both her parents are quite dead.
Does a secured personal loan need a co-sign?

She has inherited a decent amount of estate though. Sold the farm since all the kids moved into the city.

nah i'll probably get new with the warranty(SP or snapon), seems to be the way to go.
it was a STEM degree that i had a job in but was very unhappy with, only fell into it as it was my only offer for uni.
I do agree there are tonnes of useless degrees out there, some real trash courses.

>No idea who's gonna sign, I'm broke af and both her parents are quite dead.
NOPE

dont sign
>Probably looking around 20ish k.
NO
>Does a secured personal loan need a co-sign?
noOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>She has inherited a decent amount of estate though. Sold the farm since all the kids moved into the city.
Good dont you fucking put a scrap of your money or collateral in it, let her bloody pay for it all

>it was a STEM degree that i had a job in but was very unhappy with, only fell into it as it was my only offer for uni.
What job?

Why do you want to become a mechanic? Working on dumbshits thrashed shitboxes 24/7 would make me want to kill myself

You're actually not far wrong.
Film and TV production.

... on top of a Primary Education degree she's never used.

It's not worth being a mechanic. I worked at a place and one of the guys there, an apprentice, told me how shitty it is and that it's the worst payed and least respected trade there is.

Hey lads is car elitism real or a meme? I've only ever seen hatred towards riced civics

>I worked at a place and one of the guys there, an apprentice, told me how shitty it is and that it's the worst payed and least respected trade there is.
see i KNOW how hard wrenching is and even worse by yourself in the middle of nowhere so i have respect for GOOD mechanics.

Problem is as i am sure we are all aware there are so many dodgy ones.

Good ones are like gold mate i swear to god i waited like a decade to find a decent local shop

>Film and TV production.

Fuck man I was just kidding around. Seriously? Arts and those Film and TV degrees are USELESS. I know a few uni cunts that did them and all its got them is working in cafes and McDonalds after they graduated.

Absolutely

Boomers are the most uppity and elitist faggots out there.

Some of them are immensely based and cool so it depends.

Richfags that just buy/mod/restomod cars for
>muh prestige
are absolute faggots that deserve to get btfo

>inb4 this is fake

i know but this is what eliest faggots are like
youtu.be/CP-DEuIt_V8
oh fuck
FUCK

Exactly. But of course because of dodgy cunts, when something is going to cost money, you get the YOU TRYIN TO RIP ME OFF bullshit and they leave and talk shit about you to others.

Don't be a mechanic. Study and work on your own car or family's cars, but don't do it as a career.

It's real.

>you drive X therefore I'm better than you.

Ive had the entirety of coffs do this to me i dont fucking care fuck them.

Only shop i use is the one who deals with blokes in Sydney we can trust.

We both agree coffs is the dodgiest fucking place

>Film and TV production.
I hope she's at least hot otherwise you're living with a literal retard.

So many BTFO richfags and boomers in my ls1 shitbox

cant wait till i pop a cam in it and blow of VF's hahahah
she could always go to LA LA land :p
youtu.be/0pdqf4P9MB8
>t. ops gf

was for nsw government, i wont be too specific.
it's not that bad, im really liking it so far, much better than any job i've worked before. the shop i'm at is good/well respected.
one thing i keep thinking is how I'll never be able to properly learn how to do anything on a car if I don't pursue this. Not just fluids and spark plugs but real tear down and rebuild shit.
I could learn on my own but it'd be near impossible without guidance.

Oh fuck anons
Is it widespread or just certain people?

>one thing i keep thinking is how I'll never be able to properly learn how to do anything on a car if I don't pursue this. Not just fluids and spark plugs but real tear down and rebuild shit.
bullshit just start teaching yourself

its all ive ever done.

>Riding a bike, in the wet
Wew poor fucker

>>Riding a bike, in the wet
fuck a link would help wouldnt it
youtu.be/aMDEwmfRrc4

Both, presumably.

Widespread dude. To be honest, I do a little bit.

>see someone in new Commodore
>its the Omega, the budget model with all the cutbacks
>straight away think of them as being a poor cunt that desperately wanted a new car

Eh, shes got Admin work off the back of two degrees that have a lot of paperwork involved.

Earning about 45k/y

taught myself a tonne of shit before pursuing this, I know for sure there's stuff I wouldn't be game to tackle without what i can gain through learning the trade properly. I'm sure many others feel similarly.

of course it's not the most respected trade or well paying but i'm happier and more satisfied with life since having taken it on.

Hey BLDC I was asking you about turbos for RB25DET the other night.

You were saying to use something like a GT3582R from memory.

What are your thoughts on GT2835R and GT3071R? Leaning towards something that'll spool really quickly.

3071 is the minimum I'd consider for a 25. Anything less and you'll choke the top end very badly. It'll spool very quickly as is

Oh shit my dude
I'm a nocar and still get annoyed at some drivers and models though

The roads around here are all fairly tight stuff, that's what's pushing my towards something pretty small.

I've seen a few guys were running GT3071R compressors inside OP6 housings, but it seems like a quick way to a bad time.

I'd need to go top mount to use a GT3071R right?

It's real.

Go out to any place, talk about cars, people will shun you.

Hell especially here people will shun you for your own opinions.

Fuck
What about ausfag meets, how are they for elitism?

>was at party with group of guys talking about cars and shit
>had only just started talking then one guys face just goes blank and he leaves
>what
>"yeah he doesnt like anything but falcons"
>the autist literally left the party just because i mentioned a car that was a falcon

gday,

im currently deciding between two different cars atm, one is a 94 prelude and the other is a 95 integra. out of the two what would handle better without mods or is so close is doesnt actually matter which one i buy.

thx

It's not really. They probably just see you coming and know you're just another Centrelink scumfuck.

No, a 3071 internal gate is a bolt on mod. But top mount is cool and external gates are excellent for boost control.

3071 or 3082, E85, forward facing plenum, you're good for a very decent amount of power, and boost should come on from 2500rpm onwards.

I personally think it's a little small, especially once you're running E85 and have a good tune, but a flacon turbo is bolt on from there.

>cant wait till i pop a cam in it and blow of VF's hahahah

I worry about you sometimes fatty
I truly do

>wasnt
fuck my writing

It depends on the crowd.

Normies look down on older shitboxes while envying cunts with base model Audi A3s and BMW 3 Series, whilst driving some 5-10 year old commuter of some sort. To them as long as its Euro it must be better than pleb domestic model. They also hold unreasonable contempt for the Maloo and WRX (STi).

Car grrrls only like Jap crap. Owning an S-chassis or R-chassis will get you laid. They may or may not recognize FDs and Z32s but will pretend to anyway. Evos and STis go either way. The newer ones (as well as V3x Skylines and Z33s) won't have the same effect.

Dunno, but it'd be a bunch of cunts with shitboxes and autism right? Can't be too bad.

I went to a Downshit last December. Personally, I thought it was pretty fun even if a bit dull but there was so much salt on the page after about "trash talk" and whatever else. If ever I actually do shit (instead of just talking about it) I'll bring an LS-whatevered 2-door E36 dolled up in a replica M3 bodykit to the ball and blow the dyno for maximum asspain.

Now that's autistic as fuck.

Integra. But be a cool cunt and mod it anyway.

yeah i rekon i will i was wondering what handled better so it didnt require as much
modding as the other to get the same effect.

theres one for a grand which i might make a project which would be cool to go take around the backroads

Absolutely go for the Integra, then. It also looks better.

yeah thats what ill end up doing.
its a shame they didnt bring the JDM front ends into aus i think they look sick. id def do it if the conversion wasnt like $1500

Hahahah

It's usually because they want to show off they have a new car but don't wanna spend high end model money. AKA euro car owners.

Not just euro friend, a new base model anything is ridiculous. It gets ironic when it's one base model owner picking on another base model owner too.

I bought a car that is the high end model over that's the older generation over the base model for that reason, base models are stupid.