I'm looking into getting a 240SX on craigslist as my first "real" car...

I'm looking into getting a 240SX on craigslist as my first "real" car. I found one nearby but I was wondering what a fair price is since they can range greatly and I was planning to save as much money as possible.

>'90
>180k miles
>good deal of rocker rust/door rust
>body has dents/some rust
>interior is stock and in below average condition.
>ka24e engine/body all stock except shocks/ruca/strut bars which don't look new

I was hoping not to pay more than $2500 but I've been seeing some in similar condition go as low as $800. What should I offer for it?

Dont do it man. They are junk cars

why the fuck would you spend anywhere near that much on a rusty beat to shit clapped out shitbox

Just run. They are the most abused piles of trash on the planet. Look for an sn95 mustang for your first car, youll be better off. There are still clean unabused examples of them.

Thanks for the advice. Is this rustbox even worth 1.5k? I still am really interesting in one to keep as a project in the future.

if you want a drift missile go for it

if you want a daily driven street car stay away

Excellent condition is about 1k

Yeah try finding that irl , kbb is not reliable

>idiots who think their shitbox is worth gold are more trustworthy
Ok

>idiot who does not know about the most basic economic law, the law of supply and demand

>stupid people demand shitty car
Sounds like only stupid people would pay more money for a shitty car

That's the damn truth. And of course that's the only one people ever know of so everyone tries to lowball you if you're selling your car. Try Nada price guide.

Demand is affected by the quality of the product.

But i fully agree, just dont be a mad about it

>nada
>doesnt use mileage
>only uses dealer pricing.
Yeah thats great...

>good deal of rocker rust/door rust

never... NEVER buy a car with rust.

I live in wisconsin. Rust is assumed.

Then at least hunt for something that doesn't has a 'good deal' of rust on the Wisconsin metric rust scale.

>"real car"
>4cyl n/a making less power than a whipper snipper

Don't do it

>Tfw in a couple years this is how we will talk about the frs/brz when they are out of production

The brz was actually designed well for a cheap car though.
The s13 was not

Your never going to find one at the price of 1k in some places. For example there are none in nc under 20k just like the impreza. Though that may have changed i havent checked Craigslist in a year and only 200 and 240 sx ive seen have swaped engines

I meant by demografic buying them. No one maintains them if they are willing to sell and then they sell for rediculous prices pretty much everywhere. While the brz/frs have a significantly better chassis and body paint its hard to tell if they wont just be trashed in other ways compared to a 240... Maybe the body and chassis will hold up like an na miata where its not too demanding after abuse compared to others in the same market.

i had a 1993. paid $5K in 2003. It only had 52K miles, all stock.

dont buy on unless its in good condition.

Was it a good investment?

no. I kept it for a year and bought a mustang.
it had potential to be a good car. I should have got a 5 speed and invested in an sr20det engine.

the stock motor is bland, 155hp. Also you need to get the LSD rear end not the open diff.

if you have a lot of extra money you can make it a great car, but now 25 years later its nothing special, youd be better off to buy an Celica GTS or 300zx, 3000GT

I acknowledge that the mustang is way better in just about every way. I'm gonna be honest though, I just like the way the 240 looks a lot more.

I laugh every time this is posted. I fixed all this shit on my 240. I miss that car so much but it was a piece.