What does Veeky Forums think of the Honda Accord?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Honda Accord?

Overpriced and boring. Might as well start looking at low end luxury cars at that point.

Never understood the point of them when their own brand, Acura, has better models in the same price range. (ILX, TLX)

For the price of a V6 Accord Coupe, I can get a V8 Mustang with +160hp. Not worth the gains in reliability.

Can you please list some examples?

Thanks for your input

Not looking for a Mustang but thanks

9th gen, or just in general? respectively:
>buying new cars
reliability meme, genuinely uninterested

you can buy almost any old shitbox that will be just as reliable as an accord, and much more fun/interesting for the same price.

In general really. I've heard about the reliability. Havent done any research but do you have any suggestions?

>Can you please list some examples?

2017 Accord Touring - $34k for a mid spec model

2017 BMW 320i awd - $41k

The difference between lease payments is negligible. The BMW was random, I'm sure you could find better luxury bang for the buck if you looked harder.

>I'm sure you could find better luxury bang for the buck if you looked harder.

Alright I havent done much research yet but thanks for the examples man

Guess they're cheaper to maintain/repair/insure since they aren't literally luxury?

It's a really, really good daily. But so is a Camry and an Optima.

Is the Accord touring an awd?

No

it's a beautiful car

Im really liking the Accord GT.

True

I agree

It is an awesome daily driver, the current one sips regular fuel, I can get 39 mpg on the highway without much thought. Base model LX 4 cylinder has backup camera, bluetooth and dual climate. The CVT is inoffensive. Ride is comfy, all the clicky dials and switches feel snappy.

Had a base model 2004 accord lx too, the car almost had 210,000 miles on it before one of the cylinders went. Only oil changes and maintenance. Compared to my wife's 2003 v6 Camry LE (still going strong after 185,000 miles) the ride was not as comfy but the steering, ebrake, dials and switches just felt better. The turn signal sound was more audible.

Had a 93 se accord before that! Hand me down from my dad, awesome visibility. The interior felt awesome. I loved that car, but got totaled in an accident. It only had 140,000 some miles on it.

It's an appliance.

Greatly appreciated man. Im looking for a more of a comfortable ride since the road where I am are terrible

What do you mean exactly

Why is buying new cars a meme?

Im not sure other peoples reasons, but you're 90% better off spending half as much on a used car. New cars are nice, but you can get a nicer used car for less.

Np, if you're looking for most comfort the camry is better. Although the styling is meh and it's a little more expensive but you get a reliable auto transmission. CVTs are still new, and this is the first accord with the CVT so not sure about the reliability long term.

Pre-2016s were good then they got ugly. You should either get a manual 4cyl or a v6 with the 6 speed auto, not CVT. Buy used.

The 320i is a shit car. Don't listen to that guy. You could get a used ls430/460 or gs350 or mercedes e350/550 sedan.

320i Isnt too bad. In my eyes though its very monochrome and boring. I do like used Mercedes since the tend to be pretty cheap after a couple years.

The only problem with that is there might be a reliability issue, because I know some used Benz arent good at all

Again thanks for your input

I have a White 2016 EX-L V6. It gets boring to drive really fast, I wish I got into cars before actually buying it. The V6 engine isn't bad, it has plenty of power (278hp/252tq I think) to drive in town but it feels like it loses it in higher gears on the highway. The most fun you will have out of it is overtaking cocky people with their various 4 banger cars.

Interior is pretty roomy, no one has complained about it being uncomfortable or too cramped. However the infotainment is garbage. Its all on a slow touch screen that takes a good moment to respond to things. The computer in new Toyotas are much better.

It'll be fine as a daily car if you don't expect to be using it for much more than that.

Have fun with your piece of shit Chinese transmission

It, like all the cars in its segment, are appliances. It gets you and your stuff from point A to point B. And it's a great appliance - it's affordable, roomy, and it sips fuel.

But Veeky Forums is Veeky Forums, so most of us would prefer a Mazda6. It's less roomy and less efficient but it can actually be fun to drive, on top of it being pretty.

Basically if this is your first time on Veeky Forums and driving is just another chore for you, by all means the accord is a great car. But if you think driving is fun or at least care about shit like steering feel, the Mazda6 is a fantastic alternative.

Boring pleb mobile....
Accord drivers are always driving like they are in a bmw .......
at least its more dependable and cheaper to own than a bmw.

I have a 2012 EX-L V6 Coupe. I love it. Obviously it's not a sports car, but it has sporty features and a sporty feel for a hefty FWD with an open diff. V6 has plenty of power (271hp/254 lb f). I have the automatic with the paddles, it shifts pretty quickly but I would enjoy it way more if it had the 6 speed manual but those are rare here in burgerland. All in all it's a nice, comfy, reliable, powerful car full of value and thoughtful design for the price. I highly recommend it.

From a practicality/everyday driver standpoint, you might be better off getting a Civic.

Post 08 benzes are fairly reliable.

I like the design. But since it's so strong, and so modern, I think it will not age well.

Honda still makes the best engines on the planet, though... so even while you car may not look "current" in 20 years, it'll still be running strong.

Modern Honda engines aren't built like the Honda's of the 90's. Even they have their share of serious issues.

Some people (like me) care about getting new cars because we would rather have the full record of the car throughout its lifespan.

It is a nice car, I was going to get a sport one with an i4 engine but decided to get the civic instead. the sport i4 was just too slow and heavy.

really? I've head this: Mercedes dont break often but when they do its expensive. BMWs break often and its little things mostly that add up. Audi is complete garbage and should be avoided at all costs.

I am not even trolling, what is the validity of these statements?

kek

Honda went to shit after Soichiro died. The only bright spot they have globally is the S660.

Civics are basically accords now since civic is based off the Accord platform, and newer accords are classified as a full-size class car. Just everything has weaker engines now.

My old V6 accord weights 3000lbs and is fun to drive. A new accord is like fucking 3500lbs and a new Civic 2900lbs. Shits retarded.

What year is your old Accord?

Ah, very nice...

My ex had a 2000, maybe 2001 V6, that beige/gold color you see everywhere dressed on every Accord and Camry from those years. Her mother passed it down to her and she kept that car in PURE FUCKING MINT. Leather seats, no wear-and-tear, absolutely clean as could be. Such a comfy car. Drove well and everything, we went everywhere in that car.

Shame every time I see one on the streets I get a little emotional. I have deep ties with my ex and her car. Shit sucks, man. I can't feel shit in my mazda3 the way I felt in that car. Anyone else know that feel?

that sounds amazing.

It truly was, best of times with her and that car. I still think about it every now and then. Hope nobody else has to feel this way but wish anyone who does the best.

consumer reports. red=good, black=bad

who cares its a ff econobox.

My ex totaled the infiniti that I lost my virginity in and when I saw the pictures on faceboook I almost cried

Sorry to hear that shit news, man. I'm feelin for you

Holy shit 2014 is nuts

Yea it the manual barely holds over 600 pound feet of torque and 8000 rpm! and the auto can only hold 800 to 1000 lb ft.

You're right, thats why hondas are gud! Just look at all the stock transmission accords and civics making over 1000 pound ft of torque...oh...wait

They don't hold shit, Even based Bisimoto knows this. They "hold" that power because FWD has no traction, put sticky tires on and bye bye transmission.

I'd rather have a fully loaded civic desu senpai
Also Android auto and comfy ride
You are a fucking idiot
Rather get a Lexus

Thank you for this. Will be looking into a used one of these. Used Benz's do have expensive repairs and will try to jew the fuck out of you if something happens.

Do fucking not buy a used Benz. Lease a new one if you're going that route.

Why?

9th gen probably the last v6 accord... the 10th gen will have a 1.5t and a 2.0t. I hope their best engine or "performance" engine will be better than the current v6. If not, then RIP Accords.

Shit

Get a Mazda6, Focus RS, or Mustang.

Might as well by an Imbretzel.

How is the Mazda6 "less efficient"?

It gets 1mpg less says the EPA, but I know from driving those cars that they easily get way higher than the EPA rating, especially compared to many of these turbo CVT cars. And they're probably more mechanically reliable.