/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread The Ultimate Cuck Edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/17/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQe6x_8cT6k
taichinchin.tumblr.com/post/156033907076/gontas-free-time-events-1
kaibutsushidousha.tumblr.com/post/156004608109/new-danganronpa-v3-official-blog-day-24
twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/821498031862231040
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ASSEMBLE MIUBROS

Her ending is adorable friends just saying
this is probably my favorite sprite of hers
it's so cute

The protag switch was a mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=oQe6x_8cT6k

WITHOUT LOVE IT CANNOT BE SEEN

ONE

great idea, shitty execution, I agree

>taichinchin.tumblr.com/post/156033907076/gontas-free-time-events-1
Gonta’s Free Time Event translated.

As fanservice-y and poorly written as DR3 ending was, at least it didn't leave me with a bitter and empty feeling like V3 ending did.
Honestly, fuck that game.

TWO

This is the same artist who made that Souda doujin with Saionji and Mahiru. Do you think he'll make one with Ouma too?

>wanting to play as boring mary sue Kaede

Wew

>Naegi, Kirigiri, Togami
>Hajime, Chiaki, Komaeda
>Kaede, Saihara, Amami

Which trio is the best for the cases solving?

kaibutsushidousha.tumblr.com/post/156004608109/new-danganronpa-v3-official-blog-day-24

>Kodaka has said all he has to say about V3
>19hours ago
>This tweet
>17 hours ago
what did kodaka mean by this

Saihara, Kaito and Maki

DR2 trio>DR1 trio>DRv3 trio for solving crimes

Did you actually thought that DR wasn't fiction, retard?

I want to get locked in an airtight school and fix her with hope. She would try anything and everything to make me feel despair, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as I'm helping her, no despair is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show her that no matter what she has done, I'd always forgive her. I'd make her food and clean her secret lair, and drag her out to bed if she stays up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, I'd feel her breath going from shallow to deep as her form relaxes and she falls asleep in my arms. I'd feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a despair nightmare and feel her sob into my chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in her traumatized mind. I'd softly kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I'd take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her hand so that she can fall asleep. I'd make shitty homemade pizza for her and stay up late with her watching dumb movies, and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I'd teach her retarded drinking games and show her how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, she silently sneaks over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from her clenched fist when she walks into my room. But her hand stops, centimeters away from my chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body shakes feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

She would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing she can't analyze is love

It means he's legit salty

DUDE

OREIMO

KU KU KU

I hope he will. Just no futa pls.

>hey Timmy, see Mickey Mouse over there? It's not real, it's actually a sweaty dude in a costume. Stop being a stupid child.

>hey guys, you know about Harry Potter? Yeah, the entire franchise was just a stage play in that universe xD

Piss off, dumb faggot. You don't understand why people are mad.

DR1 > NDRV3 > SDR2

The blog post doesn't mention listening to criticism, the tweet does.

We should bully Kodaka more and see what hpapens

not him but I expected much better explanation than "EVERYTHING WAS LIE LMAO PLEASE BUY SEQUEL", retard

DR1>DR2> DR3.

Why are they mad then?

>Yeah, the entire franchise was just a stage play in that universe
But the ending clearly has Saihara saying he thinks DR1 and 2 happened and were real.

The same one who drew the doujin of futa!Mikan having her way with Hajime, too.

If that's the case then the story makes even less sense

Well the meta critique is there regardless, except it becomes a blatant allegory rather than literal

Jesus it's Umineko all over again

THE IMAGINARY IS REAL

>Gonta: “Back then, it was hard to get to sleep without music at the time. After taking clothes off and listening to music, by morning, it was easy to fall asleep.”
>Akamatsu: “Huuuuh!? You… went to bed, naked at that time?”
>Gonta: “It’s a habit when living in the forest, you don’t sleep with your clothes on.”
>Akamatsu: “I see… laying down naked you say, that isn’t a very gentleman thing to do, right?”
Wew.

I mean DRV3.

>Theme of the game is truth vs lie
>Doesn't expects lies

Kek

The story feeling episodic is my main complaint with it. What he set up could have good payoff, but at the moment it left the story in a horrible lurch.

It's in the same position DR1 was actually.

What we can say for sure is that Shirogane lied about the tapes.

>it's Umineko all over again
The red witch magician should've tipped you off. Does that make Shuichi Battler?

Why would there be a TV show at all then? The audience hacking Kiibo prove this isn't a lie, alongisde the videos.
If DR1 and DR2 really happened wouldn't the world not want to see any more kind of despair? And why did the Future Foundation do nothing about the TV show?
The games can't be real, this was just Kodaka thinking "what if the players don't like the ending, maybe I should put something that'll let me contradict it." just like Monokuma waking up after DR1

Oh god, is this pairing going to be a thing, too
If that means more Miu, then sure i guess

>Theme of the game is truth vs lie

correction, there were only lies and none truth, great job

Not even Battler was that much of a cuck

Kiibo deserved better.

It feels episodic in the same way DR1 felt. The ending is open ended and we never got to see if Junko was talking the truth.

Simlarly here, we can't say for sure if everything that Shirogane said is the truth.

How was Kiibo the rehash protag and not Cuckhera?

Much better.

Shuichi theorizes that Tsumugi is a Remnant of Despair. Team Danganronpa are likely all RoD. FF might not have been able to breach the dome. We don't see much of the outside world to know what's really going on.

Kiibo deserved to be the MC for the whole game.

Except it's a literal inferior DR1, which is a problem when people who bought it were sold on the "It's a new continuity" bit

Himitenko happy ending!

I love how you think the game being set in the HPA universe somehow makes it better instead of 10x worse

What about the audience in the credits?

Maybe truth is the sequel.

We lack information to say what is happening for sure though, just like in DR1.

The whole "Was Tsumugi-chan lying?" thing is basically a safety mechanism if Kodaka's 'IT'S JUST FICTION GUYS HEY" twist wasn't received well.
If the fans liked it, the twist is kept for the next instillment, if not, he can go with the "apocalypse" route chapter 5 seemed to be setting up.
It's like how with DR1, it was left ambiguous if the world really was fucked or not, either it wasn't and the franchise would (Probably) end there, or it doesn't and we get the next 5 years of lore.
Problem is, the meta-commentary from V3 is so forced and obvious it removes the ambiguity entirely. You can tell right from the get-go that Kodaka's aiming for the reality show twist, and after the terrible reception to said twist, he's just going to fall back on the "apocalypse" route from before.
Maybe it'll look better for me when the game is in a language I understand, but right now I feel like I can tell what Kodaka wanted the "Truth" to be.

It's Umineko in a case where Umineko was 3x worse than it actually was and the author is angry with the reception, yeah

So it's just a rehashed DR1

Yeaaaaaaaah between this and the bitch boy protag i think im gonna cancel my preorder lol

Stay tuned for Mega Despair Girls & Robot coming 2018

They're real people. Who knows, they might think the show is legit and not as shady as it is. Maybe the show is mindhacking them like the DR3 anime.

I just don't like the idea the it completly invalidates the HPA universe entirely.

In DR1 you had Junko's videos and Fukawa's memories. You at least knew the world was destroyed, not the extent of it but not a full out "Maybe the world isn't fucked after all guys!".

Truth - Tsumugi lied about the tape

- Saihara's assertion that what he feels currently and what he felt was true for him even though it was based on a lie.

Ignore the Saihara fanboy, it doesn't really matter if it's set in HPA or if Shirogane was telling the truth. Case 6 is delivering a meta message to us, the actual audience. The setting not being a reality show doesn't change Shirogane changing into fucking Souda and Nagito complete with VAs to lecture the player about how bad they are for wanting the same shit

And ironically this game isn't receieved well BECAUSE it's the same shit. Kodaka is attacking a strawman that doesn't even exist

lol DR3 invalidated the HPA universe, V3's problem is that it's trash

It's incredible that he would go all the way to have the characters destroy Danganronpa and then say "I didn't really want THAT. Buy the sequel." Someone put him out of his misery.

Kiibo wasn't a protag except for when he became hope, but developed in a short time accepting that hope was nice but not the answer in this situation. Since he's not though, he didn't kniw what the answer was.

sdr2 >dr1 >v3

NDRV3 is better than DR1

>Better cases
>Same ending
>Better minigames
>Better characters.

>and the author is angry with the reception
I'm pretty sure the Umineko writer tried to justify the story too.

>110k across two platforms
>only 40k more than the DR1&2 HD ports
>couldn't beat out Nomura autism
>even before no one knew what the ending was V3 didn't sell that great

But does she sleep with Saihara?

Naegi fills me with hope!

>Maki smarter than Nanami
>Kaito smarter than Komaeda
>Saihara smarter than Hinata
Nigger what the FUCK are you doing

>kaibutsushidousha.tumblr.com/post/156004608109/new-danganronpa-v3-official-blog-day-24
>Everything he wanted say is already said in the game, so he has nothing left to say in the blog, the end.
>Danganronpa is executed in the game

10/10

Translation plz?

NDRV3 sells almost twice as much as SDR2 in its first week. Kodaka confirmed for worst murderer in the entire franchise

Do it. Not like I care.

You still don't get answers for what happened to cause the tragedy in DR1

And the whole world thing ends up being ambiguous as well

>V3's problem is that it's trash
V3 "53" go-mi means "trash" in Japanese. I don't think the number choice was accidental. The title is literally New Danganronpa Trash: A New Semester of Killing.

It's like a combined rehash of dr1 and 2

It wouldn't "invalidate" it. It still exists as it's own entity and can be experienced and enjoyed as such. That's like saying Watchmen is invalidated because it's a comic in the main DC universe.

He wrote the reception to his finale in the finale and then said there was an actual solution somewhere once. Then wrote that solution into the manga. Ending didn't need any more justification than what the story gave itself, it just wasn't what almost anyone wanted.

Is Kodaka actually a misunderstood genius?

I'd say it's more on par. I agree it had a few better characters but that's because DR1 had weak characters like Togami and Hagakure in the cast.

>T-they're lecturing us!
>Fuck this game!

Grow up some thicker skin, my dude

It's better than both 1 and 2 in nearly every way aside from the ridiculous ending.

DR was never a big franchise like KH

Most likely not, but she's willing.

I think they're cute together. Probably the only pairing I ship in the game.

well too be fair we don't know how much watchmen is interacting with the main dc universe yet. We just know Doctor Manhattan is a big player now who stole 10 years from the main Dc superheroes and a few watchmen characters are alluded too

Original post was talking about Kaede, Amami and Shuuichi though

>Hinata > Shuichi
lol
Hinata had to be babysat by Chiaki and Nagito

>He wrote the reception to his finale in the finale
You mean like how Kodaka included expected fan complaints as white noise in trial 6?

>Grow thicker skin
Maybe Kodaka should. Betcha he tweets about V3 again before the day is done

Hopelet is such a qt.

53 should be goju-san

You both should.

Umineko's was a brief outline of how the series was going to be discussed in the years that followed it, it was pretty much spot on except for the part where WTC5 is now happening

twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/821498031862231040

HIM SAYING ALL HE HAS TO SAY WAS A LIE XD

>fuck danganronpa :)))))))) everythings fictional now :)))))) ahahahahah look, you the audience is talking about how you want more hope and despair :)))))))) fuck you :)))))
>btw make sure to buy my next game
Genius, Kodaka is absolutely genius. The writing is clever and post-modern, with the subtle metacommentary expertly complementing the deconstruction of not only Danganronpa as a game, but Danganronpa as concept. My favorite part was the part when the audience are criticized for enjoying the story in a story-based game and wanting sequels when the game sets up clear sequel hooks. When we SAY we want a resolution to the series, Kodaka says we are ACTUALLY saying "i want infinite danganronpas, the danganronpa must never end lest you be put to death, kazutaka" Truly we, the viewer are nothing more than animals who enjoy Danganronpa for the death we see, which we revel in. The lord (Kodakaa) giveth and he taketh away, in this case taking away the reality of the Danganronpa series, a game within a game, a punishment, a purgatory for the sins of giving Kodaka money for his video games. Spike Chunsoft aka REICH kim jong UNsoft, lead by none other than Satan himself, have ordered the pure and holy writer Kodaka to milk Danganronpa for all it's worth as they count their money. Team Danganronpa represents this. I stand in solidarity with Kodaka's plight, and in his support will never again buy a game that he writes