Redpill me on gold Veeky Forums

Redpill me on gold Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xhlhDuOukKs
youtu.be/DVIjDJx7KkU
youtu.be/V3_aUVmbyXk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu5Mtvy97-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a commodity. Just like everything else.

Bitcoin for tech illiterate boomers.

Also worse.

If used for electronics or parts, it's quite beneficial because of its properties. However, it's mostly used as an ornament so it's absolutely useless aside from showing other people you can afford to pay for colored metal.

If we're talking about investing, it's extremely inefficient. Pointless, really. If we're talking about keeping it as currency or something, then it's probably beneficial. It's certainly more powerful than something like paper money because it's a real thing that is limited on the planet. Paper money is meaningless because you can just make more whenever you get bored. The value is all in your head. The value in gold is real because no one can bullshit you. It's a real thing and it's a precious thing since it's rare.

It's still shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=xhlhDuOukKs

makes a mighty fine toilet

Everything you need to know about gold.

This is the inflation adjusted price of gold.

Wish I had the screencap of when I was posting in 2011 on /pol/ about gold being in a bubble. Everybody on there was pumping gold like a bunch of retards. They absolutely, unironically thought it would just keep going up.

The problem with the economy, and the reason why there is so much skittish tinfoil hat bullshit about fiat currencies and austrian economics is quite simply due to the combination of the 2008 bank crashes, followed by the creeping realisation that since then we've had a sudden drop (that won't be stopping any time soon) in the ratio of workers to retirees.

Everybody will continue to blame the fucking Fed or the Govt for this, but this is because people are stupid as shit and don't realise that the monetary system is not some kind of complex jewish bilderberg rothschild conspiracy to defraud people of their productivity but is just an accounting system that manages that productivity.

Honestly, people would benefit so much to stop thinking about economics in terms of money, and to start thinking of it in terms of work and productivity. The reason why your standard of living increases is not due to money, it's because useful people do useful things for you, and that those useful things allow you to do more useful things with fewer people over the years. That's what growth is. And seeing as more effort will be expended upon people who are unproductive, and that those people in turn will want less, we magically end up in the world of zero interest rates.

tl;dr Fuck gold as an investment. You will lose your money.

This is actually quite an informative answer.
Would you say this applies with silver as well?

Again, good shit and well informed.
Would you say the same about silver and other commodities?

The thing that gets me about gold is, well firstly most of the world's gold is sitting idle in security deposits and not actually serving a utilitarian function - which means that any commodity could take it's place.
And it's not as valued as Platinum
And the exceedingly high value of gold, irrationally so as the drops in this guys graph shows means that there are progressively more insane methods to retrieve it. No body digs up nuggets anymore, instead they filter out the tiny specs from the quartz, and now they're talking about sea water retrieval... the value attached to it is almost as arbitrary as paper money. It's purely a cultural thing at this point in history.

I found this conversation interesting
Part 1
youtu.be/DVIjDJx7KkU
Part 2
youtu.be/V3_aUVmbyXk

(((They))) tout gold as the most stable form of storing your money if the currency becomes worthless. And incidentally, it only has value because we say it does. But does it really? When the world economy crashes, wouldn't you rather have other tangible assets, like housing or commodities, instead?

Let me put to you this way: Just think of think Great Depression. Just about everyone was affected by it, the stock market crashed, rampant inflation, etc. What was gold used for then? Its value was inhibited by the poor state of the economy. Incidentally, people who invested in real estate or land did not really lose much if you think about. Sure, their value, in terms of USD, plummeted during the Depression. But once it ended, they eventually regained their prior value and even surpassed it. However, if you invest in gold, eventually when the economy recovers people will begin invest into other capital, thus rendering gold as less valuable than before. So you'd be losing money.

It all comes down to how one values gold, or any other capital or commodity for that matter. Quite frankly, just because (((they))) say it, doesn't make it so.

Don't fall for the gold meme.

I should've read over my post and copyedited it.

its metal

you dig it out of the ground, then bury it in a vault and pay someone to guard the hole you buried it in

Is this a joke?

((((((They))))) don't want you using gold. If you want to bring Jews and other /pol/shit into this, then you could at least get it right.

Congress authorizes issuance of treasury bonds to fund government. (((They))) buy newly issued t-bonds at auction and then sell them at a profit to the fed. Fed creates new currency to buy t-bonds from (((them)))-- this is how currency is created in the US.

Taxes collected by the IRS are remitted to the treasury which pays the interest on t-bonds to the fed. Fed is a non-government organization with shareholders and promises a 6% annual dividend on top of the interest on t-bonds to shareholders so (((they))) take another cut here.

All of this is possible because of the modern fiat currency system. (((They))) never want you to return to a gold standard because it would prevent (((them))) from getting paid in an endless cycle of borrowing today to repay debts incurred by borrowing yesterday.

(((They))) want you to think gold is just useless shiny rocks. (((They))) want you to laugh at the idea of intrinsic value.

>muh it's overpriced
>muh it's in the bubble
>muh it's useless
this thread is actually incentive to buy gold

ALSO:

gold is almost at 1150$

Research the concept of "money"

Pic related

this

investing in gold is a waste of time and money, profitable gold miners can be okay but only as a hedge for expecting a fall of the USD.

ABX/AUY/TGD are where it's going to be at in a couple months if the decline continues, there's no way the USD continues skyward to 120-140 on the DXY, the rate hike should be very close to the top of the USD and very close to the bottom for gold

Including your mom? Ooooh burn from 2003 boiiii

it's value goes up whenever the economy is doing poorly

So how would one go about buying shares of the fed?

It's a privately owned bank, so you don't go about doing that. No one is even allowed to know who the shareholders of the fed really are, although it's an open secret that it's a Rothschild operation like all central banks are.

Shit, how did we let the jews get away with something like that?

Not him, but I'd say silver is a little better than gold. It has higher volatility and it's cheap at the moment.

I have a small stockpile of the stuff. It's probably gone up about 200 dollars in the last year.

I doubt I'll buy much more, though. Or even sell what I have. I like taking it out of the safe and fondling it more than anything desu

we require methods to get the paper from the printing presses to the people without disrupting private commerce or turning the government into either a business competing with private industry or a giant bureaucratic Santa Clause.

The question to end all questions.

Jew lies
Gold is real money everything else isn't. Fed and Obamer are slave to Jew murder conspiracy they deny it to sell more sex slaves. Nice try Hillary. Trump and Putin are our only hope. Buy bunkers, gold and Trumpcoin

Every central bank other than the Fed is entirely in the public sector; no Rothschild has a cent of equity no matter what the conspiracy theorists say.

The days of bankers being a benign accounting entity are long past, and probably never existed anyway... any form of interest necessarily robs a part of the productive capacity from society. To deny this is to deny reality.
Not that that is bad per se, but right now we are in the cancerous end stage of this system, and as with every organism it fails and dies and new systems will replace it.

Lol no, every central bank is firmly in the hands of the particular elites of their respective countries under a thin veneer of "owned by the people".

Let me just give an example from my country, the Netherlands: the central bank appears to be controlled by the government at first glance, but digging through the opaque bullshit you find out they have an unelected board of "advisors" of which the majority are elite and royal family controlled.

Do by law they "nationalized" the central bank however biard members are chosen by.... the board members... of which majority are old money and big money.

I'll leave it as an excercise to do due dilligence for your own country and good luck finding out who really owns your central bank (protip: it is often almost impossible to find out which in itself speaks volumes).

just another commodity

> an unelected board of "advisors" of which the majority are elite and royal family controlled

It is as if the public did not understand monetary economics and therefore was not qualified to elect anyone on the board.

>implying real inflation is not much MUCH higher

QUICK UPDATE:

gold is almost below 1150$

Gold prices are being artificially held low due to the selling of paper gold

The night Trump was elected the market was down 700 points, gold was up $70. All of the sudden 8 tonnes of paper gold is sold on the market (equivalent to the entire stockpile of the U.S gov't) the market goes back up 900 points and gold is back down. Where did this gold come from? Nowhere. It doesn't exist. Holding physical gold is a great investment if you can time it right because this shit ain't gonna last

(((((They))))) didn't want me to vote brexit, so i did.

(((((They))))) said not to vote trump (i would have if i was a burger)

(((((They))))) fix, change and control the price of gold and silver, so i bought 2G of gold and will be buying silver for the foreseeable future.

Its a solid chunk of value and not digits on a screen, in a corrupt bank that would instantly take all my money in the case of their own self preservation.

if digits buy gold and silver

The U.S. F.R.N. funds social welfare programs. As an accounting system that is a huge net drain on productivity. Do you know how many welfare programs that exist that pay in gold? It's none. That fact alone ensures it is far superior to fiat. Gold's one and only benefit is that it cannot be manipulated and its price is stable.

>KEK

Sell it for bitcoin.

Masive bluepilled, low IQ, low sentience reading of the situation.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu5Mtvy97-4

Time to get up with the program.

>Used Globally as a Money for the last 5,000 years. Has only not been Money for the most recent 45 years.
>It's just another commodity guys.

The central bank of the Netherlands is impotent and irrelevant. Your government gave all the power away to the European Central Bank. And the ECB has screwed you over.

Tyrells > Lanisters.

The Lanisters may have huge seams of gold deep within Casterley rock but the Tyrells own the means of production in food and agriculture. The Lanisters can't even effectively buy their way through it without making gold worthless.