Fake degree

Have you or anyone you've known faked your way into a degree?

What are the legal repercussions if you're caught?

Other urls found in this thread:

cihe.neasc.org/information-public/merged-closed-or-previously-accredited-institutions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ive used it tons of times, it really helps
been caught once in an interview...
did not get the job,

100% legal to do, as long as you don't play doctor/nurse/lawyer
seriously only thing that can go bad, is they fire you

Want to do it with less risk? Find a legit school that's closed sometime after you should have earned your degree, list that.

>100% legal to do
Isn't that fraud?

In texas, nj, and kentucky it is...
Just don't lie about licenses...
degrees are all BS anyways...

Who are these demons who demand my semen?

seriously? this is legal? can somebody link me some proof of legality? this sure would help me land an $80k+ a year job when combined with my work history....

rolling

More details?

quoting for emphasis also bump

Find an accredited college on the list of closed schools which fits your time frame. Do some research and find a degree which fits your knowledge. List that on your resume.

cihe.neasc.org/information-public/merged-closed-or-previously-accredited-institutions

Will this show up on a background check? Have you done it?

Two of my profs claimed to have a PhD but actually had the equivalent of masters degrees they bought from Hungary or somewhere in the area. The guys were from south east asia though lel, not very good profs. Yeah it works if you get any paper at all from a diploma mill and then exaggerate and hope noone checks.

OR you can get a normal degree and not go through any of this bs.

Hit reply too quick. This gives you plausible deniability. Unless it's some kind of highly sensitive job which requires you to list your classmates (intelligence work), no one is going to check too deep and if they give you hell, "I dunno what's going going on. My transcripts should have been transferred to state records".

It's not illegal unless you do something you're really, really not qualified for that puts other people in danger. The only real repercussions are that you'll get fired and probably, depending on the job you got, banned from the field for life.

Depends on how deep they dive into the background. The most I've ever heard anyone doing outside of a security clearance is call up the school and confirm graduation, but since the school is closed they can't do that.

>have you done it
Yes, but that's as far as I'm going with details. Most employers don't care, it's just a screening point. Use it to get to the interview and never bring it up again.

As mentioned and Don't do it where you need a professional degree/certification that deals in public safety. Hell the Dean of MIT Admissions lied about having a degree, for a job which required vetting others for positions requiring a degree.

Not me but I know someone who has, it's completely doable if you're reasonable about it. Most employers won't bother confirming if you went to bumfuck state university and graduated with a BA. And if you have relevant experience that overshadows a degree, that's even better.

It's illegal in most - if not all - jurisdictions around the world.

Worst case scenario is that they report you to the police. If you sent the fake diploma to them by email, they have all the evidence they need.

no

fraud is when you lie concerning the transaction of money for goods/services.

There aren't any legit schools that closed down recently though.

Just lie on your resume

When/if you get caught you will be either immediately fired or been there too long/proven your worth and too valuable to be fired.

I'm trying to apply for an entry lvl desk job at a community college. If I didn't finish my degree, but was really close to, can I just put down "unfinished" or "incomplete" and then on the side just put down the amount of hrs I have completed?

What sort of decent jobs could you even get with a fake degree though?

Something like a business major career that pays at least 70k-80k yearly?

you'll mostly get shit jobs.

any position where your degree actually matters you can bet they're going to check it.

CEO of Yahoo. Not Marissa, but I think the last one. Look it up.

I was admitted into university conditional on graduating high school, but I never got my high school diploma and they didn't bother to check.

Good thing I graduated from university or I wouldn't even be qualified to work in mcdonalds.

Im actually sort of in this position right now

Im one year into a 2 year community college transfer program. I dropped out of high school as a freshman 8 years ago. It guarantees me a spot in a state college to finish a 4 year degree if I wish. If not I leave with a dirt cheap 2 year degree.

I figure nobody will question my poor decision to drop out if I have a proper college degree. Its getting me back into the groove of a real person too.

Good luck user!

mofo go with more details.

Ive been looking into this as I want to spend a year teaching in China, so I can learn some fucking Chinese while getting paid and take a nice 1-month vacation when I'm done in Vietnam.

I know those gooks will have a harder time checking, but they are more privvy than before.

Where can I find some cheapies