Spaniard here

Spaniard here.

I just inherit 150.000€.

My family&friends told me I must buy a house but I think that I must take advantage of the situation and try to earn more money.

I don't wish to be millionaire but a new-rich, I want to be able to do anything I want, with no 8-hour jobs and with a modest live.

I have some ideas like; rent a broker, be my own broker, buy/build an online bussines, .... What do you think Veeky Forums?

You're a fool if you think that is enough money to achieve what you want.

Keep persuing an education or trade. You have enough money to give yourself a start to an early retirement. That's your safest bet. Let it grow.

Me again.

If later on down the line you want to start a business you will have the knowledge and skills to succeed. That money isn't going anywhere so no need to be rash.

But a small apartment for 100k you will never need to worry about rent again. invest the rest.

you can move to panama, invest €5k in whatever business and invest the other €145k at 0.5% return with fixed income from the bank, but I think you can earn the same money being a neet in spain

150k is not enough to be set for life. Surprise, you will have to WORK a little bit. I know this is a strange and foreign concept to you. Sorry OP!

I'm not speaking from experience but a house seems like the best way for someone without business or finance experience.

Otherwise you need more money to be new rich, even in rather poor countries like vietnam or w/e.

new rich also generate passive income, is there a way for you to buy an already operating website or app that's generating cash? Buy a ready-made solution so you don't have to stress about details.

That's wht I would do. Everyone needs a place to live. A roof over your head is security

boglehead

If you put your money into s&p500 or something you can get a very good return over a ten year period.

If you want a house, at least buy something with rental value.

Or buy something really cheap and renovate it, then rent on air bnb. Look at what is populat in your area.
If your rental "business" fails you still have the house.

Another thing is you can put €100k on s&p500 and let it work for you. Then use the remainder €50k for a deposit and pay the loan back using rental income.

If later you want to start a business, you can use the house as collateral.

But to be honest, I think there are much better things to do with that money than buying a house.

House in malaga airbnb that shit

Kinda the same as you op. Net worth suddenly worth 100k. No way I'm buying a house. I put some in cannabis stock & shitcoin. Still working but I'm planning to take a year and try to make my own it company

$150,000 is not a lot of money at all. At all. What kind of inheritance is that? What house are you going to buy for that money? Might as well just save it. There's nothing you can do with it that won't require A LOT of work. I never understood this meme. Why are you fuckers so lazy? Everyone wants to get rich quick so they can spend the rest of their life not working. The fuck.

[spoiler]That's not how it works. You'll spend a lot of time working when you get to that level. The ride never ends.[/spoiler]

The best you can do is just let it sit and grow like but it'll be very slow.

You better be joking.

>be a broker, rent a broker, build a business

Based on how unspecific you are, these are almost the same thing as just buying an apartment.

Buying an apartment is just a fairly easy investment with enough capital. If you can afford an apartment in Barcelona or in a nice area of Madrid then you are almost guaranteed to make money from your investment.

Everything else you mention is a waste of time if you don't have a more specific idea than just "grow money"

Finance Podemos and Help Soros, you poor Spain-moroccan.

You're gonna waste your money.

Are you retarded? Worst investments ever. Hope you won't be broke in a couple of years, dipshit.

Get a house and try to live mortgage free. Eliminating the cost of housing yourself and the fact that you can expect your home to maintain or increase in value, will drastically beat any return you can expect on any other sensible investment.

Just dont buy in a house price bubble.

Why the fuck would you spend so much on a shitty apartment? Compound interest from dividend stocks and average stock market increase would more than double his money in 10 years. He would only have like 66% of that if he bought the apartment (and sold it again) and invested the rest. Not to mention he'd still have to pay property tax and shit.

stand by, OP, look for headlines in the next couple of months including Marbella/some swedish guy starting the new google/a utopian earthship-city or something like that, or contact me now and perhaps I can reveal some key features of my biz ideas and cut you in/strike a deal

mesage Yomrspaniard on reddit if u feel like making a darn good investment

I would buy a multi unit with leverage with the goal of living for free while building equity.

Next put whatever is left in something very safe that is hedged against inflation(example , US t bills).

After you have all that worked out start looking into Boyle head style indexing and some kind of self employment with very low overhead.

Boglehead*

This.

But while doing a trade learn to invest your income and anything u have left.

Rent till u die user. Owning is for retards like me.

Besides. If u has property tax u don't own it anyway.

>paying taxes on shit u own isn't owning.

It is, if one goes all in on Bitcoin immediately.

>being a neet in spain
They don't give you shit. And if you are making money with a business specially online it's hell. You have to pay 250€ monthly or something like that, so im making 100€ with my blog and it's fucking stupid the fact that you have to get 100€ bucks/mo taxed.

>Everyone wants to get rich quick so they can spend the rest of their life not working. The fuck.
Yeah, how strange a person would want to avoid getting scammed (working until you are old, bald and about to develop cancer)

Don't forget property taxes when you buy a house.

If you're NEETing it up, you don't want to spend a gorillion dubloons every year just to keep your house.

Rent a duplex and allow one of your responsible friends to rent from you cheap. You still own the house and you get some passive income that you can invest into a vanguard ETF.

It's slow, but the laziest way to become rich if you're a wagecuck, or subsidize your NEET lifestyle if you're not.