/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314484/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-2/p1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Begginer Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes, no, maybe. Inquire within.

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/mu/63046948
youtube.com/watch?v=GpHJUx8ql3U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2nd for the Pact!

>begginer
so close...

servers broke?

>dunmer allied with argonians

Yeah I'm never giving the devs money for this.

Is it recommended to sub or can you play the game fine with just buy to play?

Yagrum when?

Sorry, I use Foundry Tactical Combat with all but the heal and damage trackers turned off.

Does that one tell you group DPS?

Neither group are particularly happy about it, it's not some "everyone is happy and friends" kind of deal, their whole storyline is full of racial tension.

EP are such the stereotypically evil faction, in any other game they'd be the generic bad guys.

>Lizardmen
>Red Eyed lava elfs
>Warhungry Vikings.

Is it crazier then the Nords allying with the dwemer?

sub is recommended since you get access to all the dlc while subbed plus your crafting bag and bonuses to exp gain. life without a crafting bag is hell

Is there a certain level where the DLC starts?

Yes, level 1.

The Argonians launched an entire military campaign of revenge killings to pay back the Dunmer for slavery, how in the fucking shit am I supposed to believe they're working together? Have you forgotten how xenophobic and petty the Houses are?

I'm fucking done with this general. Holy fucking shit you guys are beyond helping. You're like pigs who roll around in your own shit and shit in eachothers faces and then spitting it out at eachother. Every thread for months has been people throwing shitposts and memes at eachother. People derailing threads for the sake of arguing and stomping out whatever tastes they don't like, and autists giving shitposters the time of day by replying.
You're all immature faggots and ruined one of the only things about this website that keeps making me come regularly. Shitposting between both sides of anything have completely destroyed /tesog/ in its entirety and I don't see how /tesog/ can recover from this if it doesn't stop. You're all cancer and /tesog/'s on its death bed.

Have a last recc from me. /tesog/ general belongs in the /trash/ with this level of shitposting and flaming, not Veeky Forums.

you can put it off as long as you want. the main quests don't put you through them. you could start them at level 1 if you wanted or never start them

I don't think so.

You're forgetting we're living in the timeline where France allied with Britain and the US allied with USSR.

Veeky Forums is /trash/, where have you been?

Nazis allied themselves greaseballs, japs and mongols
>Why would aryans team up with lesser races!!! WW2 isn't cannon!
get your lore right and read in-game books and listen to NPC dialogue

This pasta is funny because /tesog/ is about 90% less shitposting than any of the other generals. /tesg/ is pure cancer and that's where most of it stays.

Combat Metric is probably the best addon since it shows you and the group's combined DPS, along with info such as buff uptime.

Finally a new pasta! But wait a good opportunity to post, it'll be fun.

Dunmer magblade healer. Thoughts?

What general is this from?

>mfw you leveled up a magDK months ago because Wrobles "omg we gonna BUFF magdk" which normally means we are going to fucking break that shit and turn the class into a fucking god for next 6/9/12 months and not do ANYTHING about it
Now I'm sat here levelling out a magsorc because they never know wtf they are doing, almost destroying magsorc in pvp because Rich is a fucking scrub who can't handle a simple pve rotation but everyone shat the bed so he 360noscoped the fucking buff button about 9 times over.

Have you played the game or payed any attention to dialogue and in-game books/letters.
>The Argonians launched an entire military campaign of revenge killings to pay back the Dunmer for slavery
"Launched?" do you mean "launch" Argonian Invasion will happen in 4th Era.
>Have you forgotten how xenophobic and petty the Houses are?
Hlaalu are cucks and Telvanni aren't part of the Pact.

Wait a minute. Is this the regular pasta?

>proc crystals to deal a finishing blow to an enemy
>hits a fucking rat behind him
>this has happened multiple times

Is there any way to make targeting more sticky?

There's almost 1000 years between Skyrim and ESO.

similar somewhat, but no. compare:

>people are actually defending the ridiculous alliances that zenimax came up with

Google found yuki.la/mu/63046948

>implying i'm not a bosmer fighting for the daggerfall covenant

This general is the worst fucking place on Veeky Forums jesus fuck I thought /xivg/ was bad when Veeky Forums came out but NOPE this takes asstardedry to a whole new level, I don't think I've been this aggravated since I visited /b/ back in 2009, do you fuckers even know how retarded you look now? What happened to the good ESO general that was here last year, why is this place just fucking shitposting and parroting the same memes OVER AND OVER every fucking day, you faggots even repost reddit shit now instead of the other way around when was the last fucking time you made original content? I'm done with this shit, I'll see those of you who dont shit post in the Veeky Forums guilds

-
Name a worse general than /tesog/.

....?

Well?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Aldmeri makes sense and it's like that in Skyrim. Bretons and redguards have teamed up before. Orcs don't really make sense but you could say they are looking to die well in battle and joined daggerfall. Ep makes more sense than the covenant IMO because argonians, nords, and dunmer allied out of necessity over a common enemy and the dunmer agreed to release argonian slaves for the war.

Kerbal space general is BY FAR the worst. But I know you're just memeing

spell penetration or magic damage increase?

Wait, I just came back, you can do that now?

How much?

Memes aside there's no way it could be worse than /ksg/ or /xivg/

Spell penetration.

1900 shekels. it probably wasn't worth it, but i don't care

They needed to establish alliance or they'd been stomped, raped and ravaged by other allainces. They don't want to be allied especially argonians and dunmer. There are dunmers who wish to enslave argonians and argonians who want to tear dunmer throats out. There are even quests where argonians or dunmer try to break the Pact. Pay attention.

Remake the factions.

>MEN
Nords
Redguard
Breton

>MER
Dunmer
Altmer
Bosmer

>*pulls tails* OwO
Khajit
Argonian
Orc

Also there are NPC orcs who fight for EP and AD etc.

I don't think people understand how forceful Kurog is. You either join under his rule or he'll kill you.

Anyone ever experienced issues with their launcher getting stuck on "loading"?

>a good day to be imperial

B-but user, orcs are elves too..!

>Dunmer working with the Altmer.

>Khajit
>Argonian
>Orc

I can only see this work if Khajits and Argonians, who really dislike each other, have some sort of pirate federation centered around the Topal Sea and the Orsimers are Wood Orcs.

Poop covered Altmer need not apply

Should be two major factions centered around Daggerfall, Hammerfell, Skyrim, desert mercantilist Elswhyr and House Hlaalu and Summerset, Valenwood, jungle traditionalist Elswhyr and House Redoran with House Telvanni and Argonian extremists as minor fringe factions.

This is ESO, lore doesn't apply

It's always a good day to be Imperial.

so which faction do i pick

>can't name your pets
The fuck is this?

go into collections, you can name your mounts too.

You're a lifesaver.

all of them. don't want your alts to be behind on riding speed.

>only 4 classes
>There are 22 posters in this thread.
>subreddit dead
>no twitch streams
>official forums dead
>hero "engine"
>those armors
>those weapons
>google analytics stopped fucking tracking TESO related queries because of extremely low traffic
>ugly characters
>those "animations"

lol

Is there an addon that saves skill bar loadouts?

I wanna just have 1 set for PvE and 1 set for PvP, without having to drag and drop the skills on/off every time.

>tfw dont know what class to play

help

>my ESO+ benefits havent been working for 2 fucking days just because i purchased the game during the free weekend through steam

yea fuck this game and fuck this company, them and their shitty fucking servers dont deserve my money

At least there's variety and lots of different skill builds within those for classes. As opposed to something like FFXIV where everything plays the same.

I dunno user, it seems like every day is a poor day to be an Imperial in the Imperial City

>I don't care about class, race, RP, or aesthetics, I just want the top tier for PvE trials:

>DPS: Altmer magicka sorcerer/templar/DK. Dunmer is fine too, especially for DKs, but they have more magicka sustain issues.
>Tank: Imperial ~= Argonian DK > Orc/Nord DK > Redguard DK (basically any race with some form of max hp/stam sustain/healing received/damage reduction bonuses)
>Healer: Altmer Templar, but Breton/Argonian Templars are also fine. The difference between these three is negligible.

So nightblade a shit? Planning on going for heal/dps, is nightblade a rather bad choice? I don't wanna play templar

reminder that ZOS is a garbage company

nb is fine at everything just not the best

dk and sorc are just extremely broken atm.

and it honestly doenst matter what you play when all the top dps builds require maelstrom weapons with sharpened.

nightblade is great for solo pve and pvp

whats the best hair for a fat dunmer female?

Man this games combat sure is slow and shallow as fuck if one played GW2/BDO before

couldn't they at least try to make some nice animations? The combat is just as garbage as in skyrim, jesus christ the TES series seriously needs a complete redo

How does a tank earn AP if you can't kill.

Repair walls and get kills

>gee wiz i'm so desperate for attention that i have to visit a general about a game i don't like and bitch about it
here's your (you)

Nightblade or Sorc?

And how long does it take to level to 50?

So you can only have one food buff at a time?

Are drinks of meals generally preferable?

Yes nb is shit as fuck for pve and stamplarl, if you wanna pve deeps then make sure you go mag sorc/templar, hell altmer magplar is best healer, best pvper and best pve deeps*

Magdk are fun as fuck and do serious damage but yeah you can see the sustain issues, it's a much harder class to master. Seriously idk how magplar ain't caught on as much as it should have, it so fucking forgiving to play, I guess new players hear it's top healer and are like well I guess it's shit at everything else then. On the other hand magsorc have always been pretty decent and they're about 3 weeks away from getting the best buffs they've gotten since 1.6

*pve deeps might chance next patch, probably will change but magplar still gonna be a top pick for vet trials and if it's not just fall back on the fact your still best healer in the game by country mile.

>166044631
>stam require maelstrom weapons with sharpened
FTFY
The entire stam meta for pve rests on DW mael, you're just gonna have to roll a mag sorc/temp/dk they don't "need" mael, yeah they'll be even better but they ain't dead in the water like stam is without it.

No serious endgame pve guild is taking any stam dd to vet trial any more and that is only getting worse with the next patch.

>needs nice animations
>endgame is about animation cancelling as much and as fast as possible for best damage
it's a fotm mmo player makes comments about a game he picked up on steam sale while rp on his level 10 toon

by being in a group and having utility like ccing and debuffing people into the ground so your group can kill them, rather than just being a meat shield that everyone ignores while they kill all your friends around you

one food OR drink buff (xp drink dont count)
food is better

/tesog/ is one of the best generals here tho

We have normally around 40-70 posters here tho

>slow
WEAVING
E
A
V
I
N
G

lmb skill rmb lmb skill rmb

>couldn't they at least try to make some nice animations?
If you can still see the animations while playing you're doing it wrong.

What makes Mael weapons more important for Stam?

>magsorc have always been pretty decent and they're about 3 weeks away from getting the best buffs they've gotten since 1.6

Makes me fucking furious.

Gave pve pet sorcerers hope for viability but then pussied out of the change because of crybaby sorcs not wanting to suffer through having slighty different rotations and lower dps, so instead lol here's a huge pvp/pve buff for no reason.

The ONLY nerf sorcs got was the maximum ultimate change, but it still puts them at the top of the heap with the templar nerf.

Make the jesus beam damage fall-off at range don't just cut the whole power of it and fuck templars even more in pve

Would blocking during Sweeps cancel some of the damage?

female weapons have less stamina

Nope.

How important are races?

And what kind of roles can a Dragon Knight play? I assume Tank?

great, just something else the cheaters in this game can exploit

>Existed from early betas
>Didn't get fixed
>Cheat

dk can play tank and mage. i don't know about stam dk. i think it's shit though

>Stam dk
>shit

its one of the top 3 dps classes...

yes, the "top" players got busted for running cheat engine. what kind of garbage anti cheat do you need to have when you can use fucking cheat engine. it seems extremely likely that the "top" players are also running scripts

seems retarded to me. what in their passives lends towards stam builds?

>watch this youtube.com/watch?v=GpHJUx8ql3U
>mfw the combat

downright worse than fucking RIFT or AION

how are you enjoying this. First off, this shit is ugly as fuck, and secondly, the combat seems even less involved than fucking oblivion.

wow

You can weave without scripts. I guess this can be a wall if you got cerebral palsy

The enchant that DW mael have gives dirty fucking damage with the right skill rotation, sure stam dds still have to single target dmg but that don't mean shit in vet trials.

they were gonna get higher dps in pve but it was going to completely kill them off in pvp, all zos had to do was make the other morph of the curse their new little plaything and it would of been fine but they decided to turn pretty much only good pvp sorc skill into pure pvp skill.

Don't blame players, blame zos for being fucking retarded as always.