> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.com
blender-models.net
mayang.org/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org\browse
incompetech.com\music
freemusicärchive.org

Welcome to the Comfy Spatoon, how comfy are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WyprY-g9_0
youtube.com/watch?v=A4EdG-diTM4
youtube.com/watch?v=mjnAE5go9dI
youtube.com/watch?v=euHoHdpGOa0
youtube.com/watch?v=cSQys4JIIVE&index=2&list=PLFaD7ZpA2jjSjASzjMffgQWgzPmx0p6_H
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi6BntrllKA
youtube.com/watch?v=GOnC5X8rWi0
youtube.com/watch?v=7Rt6L9OCBcc
youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>spatoon
what a queer

>8 links out of 21 broken
Get your shit together.

it's deliberate
ignore this thread and wait for someone to make a real one

someone make a real thread

Repostin from last thread.

Progress on here is blendspace enabled root motions to push the enemy in any direction.

Realized I need that stuff after re-visiting Dark Messiah.

So I imported something in Unity, then moved the parts I actually cared about, and removed the imported asset leaving only the things I cared about and now the particles come out pink.
I checked all the prefabs and materials and there's nothing missing from the asset pack that I deleted but the moment I reimport it the thing suddenly works again, what gives? How do I find out what exactly is causing it, I swear I made sure to move all textures and materials and shaders that were needed.

lolidev did literally nothing wrong

Is it supposed to look like the enemy is deliberately stepping away from the hit? It doesn't look like they're getting knocked around or even like they're flinching.

Thanks for shitting up the OP!

good job validating a shitposting thread

correct thread
correct thread

>what kind of music do you think you're planning to have?

spooky silent hill like music

>got any webms?

a few

retard

Particle effects are still coming to give you more feedback on the hit.

first for java

Do people even read the OP besides to complain about it in the first place?

That's not going to help.

It's going to take more than particles, the legs should be moving after the intended hit location

fucking retard, the real thread is here

That's pretty good, what genre are you going for?

We already have a thread here and it's getting discussion. Could you please stop all the shitposting? Does it really matter who has the OP? This thread was here first.

Just calm down already, sheesh.

To elaborate a bit, it looks like you just told the NPC's character controller or whatever to take a few steps in the direction of the force.

What the animation should convey is the NPC getting hit and staggered off balance, thus necessitating moving in that direction to not fall over.

first thing i thought would go great with this style would be something like haxan cloak or tim hecker

youtube.com/watch?v=2WyprY-g9_0

youtube.com/watch?v=A4EdG-diTM4

Don't be an autist. Go dev.
I can't keep up with all the shitty memes certain individuals on here are triggered by, so I'm not bothered by OPs pic if that is what you're getting at.

We'll see how much it affects the thing. Might make the animation a bit juicier at some point. It's all saved and can easily be updated. But for the moment it must suffice I'm afraid.

>That's pretty good, what genre are you going for?

King's Field Clone. Though it keeps drifting away from that, going more into the direction of System Shock 1.
Probably gonna sprinkle some Thief like zone and story design in there.

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Will there be an alternative to the health/mana/stam display you currently have? I am a numbersfag and if you made it so the numbers rapidly roll up or down when you gain/lose a resource that'd be awesome.

post more like that

That would certainly work at some points. This isn't too far away from Silent hill's more melodic tracks actually.

people like you are the reason shitposters run rampant in this thread

I'm thinking of a realistic multiplayer swordfighting game where attacks are mostly just transitions between (probably Liechtenauer or Fieri) guards. I'm not exactly sure how I would set up the control scheme for this, though. Dragging in directions, with different clicks changing how "committed" the swing is?

UI is completely barebones at the moment. Still waiting a bit with that, cause i wanna do it right.

You mean adding numbers to the bars? Cause that would be no problem.

>people that post progress and aren't bickering over trivial stuff like the OP's pic are the reason for shitposting

Okay user.
I personally believe shitposters are the reason for shitpostings but you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes, lets see that.

Can you draw up some examples in MSPaint to clarify this? I don't entirely understand...

youtube.com/watch?v=mjnAE5go9dI
youtube.com/watch?v=euHoHdpGOa0
youtube.com/watch?v=cSQys4JIIVE&index=2&list=PLFaD7ZpA2jjSjASzjMffgQWgzPmx0p6_H
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi6BntrllKA
youtube.com/watch?v=GOnC5X8rWi0

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rt6L9OCBcc

youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4

this is the kind of music i wanted in my game but your doing the aesthetic i wanted much better than i possibly could have. let me know if you want me to keep posting stuff.

Something like this, with red being guards where the sword rests and green being paths that it takes between them.

You could use the mouse, the closer it is to the bottom of the screen the more defensive you are. Moving horizontally could initiate certain sweeps or strikes, or flicks vertically for thrusts/jabs and stuff like that, other moves for defensive blocks, etc.

A kind user pointed something out in the other thread, but in the event of anyone here knowing more about how Construct 2 works.

Anyone use Construct 2?

I need help on how Local Storage works.

I'm just trying to figure out how it works in general.

I have custom controller/key mapping using global numbers and keycodes. The remapping part works fine, but I need to remap my controls every single time I relaunch the game.

I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing when it comes to local storage. I set up a save and load function, but every time I hit load, I just get back garbage.

Should I not be using global variables?

>wyvern
Why not actual dragon?

Try making a few premade control schemes that players could load from, along with having custom keybinding?

>implying

Artist here, looking for programmer. Just tell me a little about your game, looking forward to finding someone to work with!

No thanks, but good luck!

>two legs
>two wings
Not a dragon.

Cool, but I'm not interested. Good luck!

Not interested, try again later.

Nevermind.

Gameboy-esque retro game like survival kids.

What kind of art do you make? do you have samples you could show us?

No thanks.

Cool, that sounds interesting but not really what I'm looking for right now good luck though!

>implying posting progress somehow makes shitposts disappear
ignoring the problems won't make them go away

your stale bait call and response got cucked boi

Programmer here, looking for artist. Just tell me a little about your game, looking forward to finding someone to work with!

You should probably specify what you're looking for then, user.

Post some samples of your work to show you aren't just baiting.

Oh. well okay, 4/10 I replied I guess.

>that feel when you aren't Nick Ridgway
>that feel when you don't have to do foot fetish videos to make ends meet
>that feel when your game isn't as """""successful""""" as his is

What a wonderful time to be alive.

>yfw endica dev crossed your path in Feb 2016 so you looked at his twitter connected to his new steam game and made fun of him on the cambodian etch-a-sketch bulletin board you both use
>yfw people remember his name and utter it in disgust to this day a year later

>Feb 2016
What the hell happened that turned him into a living legend in this thread?

Apparently there is a meme about artists trying to connect with someone to collaborate? I haven't done game art ever but a lot of traditional media.

Is anyone interested or should I come back later

You should come back later.

The thread turns to shit around this time of day.

Show your portfolio or continue to get memed. That's the way the cookie crumbles in agdg.

>>>/facebook/

How do you get rid of the ol' lazy-daisies?

I just wanna do nothing instead of dev.

>meme filled fake /agdg/ thread got deleted
Thank you!

POST PROGRESS

I'm working on a wind sword attack

What's wrong with OOP?

Try doing some three-day collab projects with someone. Working with someone else on something both of you can be interested in usually works out well.

What is this gobot engine?

Just don't be an artist who wants to know what project he's getting into before throwing his work into this hostile environment

>that grip
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Keep on developin'

It looks better in motion. Trust me.

what's wrong with it?

I hope you're happy. Now we've got a shitty intentionally jacked OP meme, and it's just gonna be a shitpost-filled thread.

Good job, good work. I hope you know you're the cancer killing /agdg/

i posted this on the other one but i changed the ammo font to fit the tiny aesthetic
both look good imo though

I'm trying to gradually decrease a health bar in Unity using mathf.lerp. Does anyone know how I could convert the max fill amount (1f) to the max player health?

Too fast to notice any peculiarity about it.

Stop being so dramatic

>both look good
Yes, they do. You should have a toggle for normal or small hud.

Exactly, thank fuck for speedy attack animations, really helps mask my inability to art worth a damn.

>endica dev op
its shit.
>that video
>
>that foot in the foreground
wow.

Gamemaker doesn't suit my needs. What's a robust game engine I can make a 2D game in.
Godot is not a good engine.

>Godot is not a good engine.
Based on?

here, holy shit that hud looks nice. And yeah, you're right. Your stuff looks fucking nice in action. Good work!

If GM isn't up to your standards and you don't want to use Godot, you're gonna have to attempt to use Unity or UE4 for 2D shit.

Or you're proper fucked

A game about being a wizard teacher.

Monogame.

Handle of blade is going through the backside of guy's hand, he's not actually holding it. But you can't see it in action, so its a non issue.

>MATH WIZARD

Thank you. I spent like 3 weeks unfucking my old HUD and I'm still working on it, have a before and after

Why are wizards so intertwined with games? Ain't a thread without mentioning them.

Generally less abstraction and code reuse potential. Inheritance is downright illogical and leads to brittle code. Doesn't work well with ownership, which is the only sane way to reason about mutable state and effects in general. Bad for performance because it's not cache friendly.

You're not going to get away from it if you're not an engine dev, unfortunately.

Based on the lack of documentation and proven track record, and its culture of open-source "solve engine bugs on your own and then maybe make a pr" are all detriments to actually making a game with it.

Fuck.

Maybe.

Oxygine

Requesting a trident as a weapon. Tridents are underused as fuck in videogames.

>idea guy
ahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahhahhahaha
useless trash

that's not what your mom called me last night

I would love to work with someone creative desu

>its a foot fetish dev thread
Oh boy.

it's a communist plot to destroy western society with our own computers

>2D engine
Just make your own.

Blaz wields a sword and an arm cannon but the next hero, if I ever get around to actually adding his sorry ass, is going to be a warforged wielding a telescoping spear, I might change the tips depending on certain items he has equipped, a trident make work its way in there. Might be cool.

the /vr/ doom boys break my testicles over it because I've said I'm gonna add this guy for like two years now but I keep going back to fix gameplay or re-re-rework on Blaz

But I don't wannnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, why deal with all the shitty boilerplate of setting up my own animation systems, etc?

Well you want robust? Make your own to suit your own needs.

is this a fresh molly? did he do a new interview?