Other urls found in this thread:

docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Rigidbody.MovePosition.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ct5yYlkxzZE
clyp.it/apgakg3k
youtube.com/watch?v=NYwWuqhz-zw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my game is too difficult

Last bit of comfy progress!
As promised, I started working on the claw. Now you can activate it when the ship is not moving. I forgot to make it so you can't go back to sailing if the claw's active but I fixed it right after recording the webm.

The plan is to make the claw go underwater, and if you're in the right spot (which will be marked by particles, lights all that shit), the claw will go further down and the minigame will begin. Otherwise it will stop for a moment then quickly come back up.

anime games?

You are at a bar and this guy comes along and kicks your guardsman's ass. How do you react?

ragdoll stuff is pretty much done. I hope that by wednesday/thursday I'll have fully working enemy AI and an actual challenge

Been working on the first wizMUD zone

sweet claw animation

i point at your mom to cause a stack overflow

There's no Katamari style games for PC that are fun to play, you have to emulate. Besides, I'm going to differentiate the actual gameplay goals and overall mechanics. Making a small thing a big thing has been a core staple of fun arcade games since fuckin Fishy on newgrounds. But yeah I don't care if I'm just making a Katamari clone it'll be fun.

I feel like there should be some amount of randomization so they don't fall exactly the same way every time

also just in case your mother is dead, i forget to check for null

Weapons can be changed easily by the way.
Movesets are provided via animation blueprints.
Weapon range is dynamic and according to the actual thing in the enemies hand.

There kinda is. It's just the torque impulse that is currently always the same and thus it ruins the effect.

I made a shitty can.

Reposting:
user, I feel the art direction is scattered everywhere in that screenshot, the item images are pixel art, the text describing what you got is smooth and round, the black and white symbol that I assume is money is very low quality and less pixels than the other images, the Year XXX text is in yet another font and the game is in 3d

But it's happy to see you

it's okay

After a few hours of futile fiddling with physics settings, I've decided that mesh colliders are just not worth dealing with.

the fuck is your scale at?

looks to me like you're not moving that cuboid using the physics system

I like this

Centimeters. Everything is scaled that way, though I should go back and change things to meters anyway.

Correct, it's animation driven, although I've set the animator involved to use physics and all objects there are using continuous dynamic detection. The pins are not kinematic, but the sweep is.

>unity

Anime bowling?

>Centimeters.
Assuming you haven't messed with your shadow settings, your sweep is roughly a hundred meters wide. Your shit is too big, which is why the physics are freaking out.

Got any weapons other than clubs and swords? Those two are very similar, so I'm wondering how well it would look with a dagger or floret.

A real life hundred-meter-wide sweep could knock some pins over.

move the cuboid using this docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Rigidbody.MovePosition.html

you can see by the way the pins roll on the floor when they fall over that the collider works as intended. if you move the cuboid as i suggested, i believe it should work. i don't think that it's a problem with scale, as some other user pointed out. geometry doesn't stop working because the numbers are big but there's a slight chance that i'm wrong.

Pity that isn't real life. It's a simulation with a poorly coded physics engine.

>> Engines
>Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
>Godot: godotengine.org
>LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com
>Unity: unity3d.com
>> Models/art/textures/sprites
>opengameart.org
>blender-models.com
>mayang.com/textures
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/browse
>incompetech.com/music
>freemusicarchive.org
Does anyone actually read this?

posting some progress
I have posted before a shitty gif of a dog falling , after that i spend a couple months in the hospital after a car accident

decided to switch to a top down view game, instead of a platformer , but i still need a couple of interesting mechanics to think and implement

the OP links are a point of contention
people argue about it all the time

That's really dark.

That's a meme. Don't respond to him.

That's probably the correct way, yeah. I shouldn't have been trying to use the animation system.

can't see shit

Testing some '''''''''''''''mechanics'''''''''''''' for my 100% original idea

You guys remember those flash games like the kitten canon one where you fire the kitten out of the canon and it hits trampolines and explosives and shit and the further you get the higher your score? My idea is to make something similar in 3d with a bunch of powerups and score multipliers.

looks like that truck jumping game but with all fun extracted away

clustertruck?

Who's looking for art? Let's get this thing going!

>no free good 2D girl
>start browsing ripped video game sprites websites again
>considering using naruto sprites

Post some of your work.

I'm really impressed by the animation on the sail, can't wait to get my hands on this

Wait a hot fucking second. I seem to remember this exact game from the boat jam like less than two years ago.

I like it, looks fun as long as there's some satisfying challenge

I miss the old Unity particle system. I have no goddamn idea how to make Shuriken work.

I figured it might look that way but my end goal bears very little similarity. Video related is what I'm going for but in 3d. I just threw some blocks in there to test explosive bouncing. youtube.com/watch?v=ct5yYlkxzZE

I hate the lack of standards or public general practices for certain things, it feels like having ot reinvent the wheel but knowing that every published dev has already made a way to do what you're trying to do.

Like right now I'm trying to make a cutscene system, but I simply don't know the best way to do it

I want to make a card battle themed idle game where you fight using only the rarest pepe cards.
The name would be Pe-Pe-Oh!
Pic related.

meme yourself

You and me both, user. You and me both.

Neither does Unity.

Thanks guys for suggesting Game Maker. It's so easy to use. It's not my ideal IDE, but I like it.

Th-thanks. Satisfying challenge is my #1 priority for it since it's essentially going to be a glorified flash game. The further the distance the harder it's going to become; you gain momentum each bounce and the obstacles become sparser, and stuff like being rewarded for strategic use of powerups, having multiple scoring criteria etc.

Remember that the too is irrelevant as long as you make a game with it. Don't let yourself get memed on.

Nice. Now get me that A* pathing

It's to discourage people from asking, and so that if they do ask, we can just point them to the OP. On a dedicated board that stuff would be in the sticky.

>animation system is replaced with a shitty black box
>particles are replaced with a shitty black box
>sound is replaced with a shitty black box
>GI is added
>it's a shitty black box

pretty much the only thing that has gotten more hackable is the renderer, but I don't know about the DX11 stuff

why do they do this? it's barely recognizable as unity sometimes anymore

they are going to call this game the dark souls of fps!

Thanks, will do!

Thanks. Coming up soon.

Was gonna sound like a pokemon battle first but turned into something else

Pretty happy with it though so far

clyp.it/apgakg3k

first time making actual progress in like a month feels pretty good

Having functional software doesn't make them money. The more they break in Unity, the more third party assets they can sell and get their 30% sale fee on top of their now doubled Unity price tag.

Could you tell me about your game first?

Was thinking timebomb at first. Then came the high-school anime.

This happens in every fucking thread!

- knock knock (editor's note: k is silent)
- who's their?
- i'm an arthist and i'm looking for a programmer to cooperate with
- show me you're art
- tell me about you are game

>you gain momentum each bounce
I like that a lot, it's unusual and it forces snap judgements

I'm imagining that eventually you're going insanely fast and there's only a few blocks that you can reach and you have to decide your trajectory from the get go or ultimately get fucked

It's a meme you dip.

>HE DOESN'T COME UP WITH DESIGN TROPES UNIQUE TO HIS GAME

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?????????????????????????????????????????????

Not familiar with this meme

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know about a game before throwing my art out there

My game is a rhythm based gay furry dating sim with roguelike golfing elements.

That sounds really cool, I would love to work with you on this

>Thrusting Birdie

If that art user is still here I tried to draw from a reference found on the /ic/ beginner thread and I posted it there. Thanks for the help getting started. I'll check out those books and hope I don't get made fun of. :^(

So, report it, filter it, and post progress instead?

>working on your game
>not just copying a popular game 1:1

it's like you want to fail

I need comfy jam ideas.
I can't come up with anything.

VR pillow fluffing simulator.

strategy/tactical where you compete with your estranged spouse for the approval, love, and custody of your children

a comfy crafting game with a campfire and there's a boat for some reason

>trope
>unique

i don't think you know what "trope" means

Unity question here.

Does anyone know of a way to generate a 2D collider on a group of game objects in a grid, similar to the way you can generate a single collider over a mesh using marching squares?

I want to have some pretty basic destructible terrain, similar to broforce and I'd really prefer not to have to use meshes and 3d colliders, particularly since if I use sprites I can build the levels in tiled instead of having to make my own level editor.

>not being the trope creator
Sure must suck to live in mediocrity.

oh fug !

looks awesome

how about a pillow fighting game - school girl pillow fight ?

>how about a pillow fighting game - school girl pillow fight ?
Dude.
DUDE.
I'm stealing this idea.

Your forced memes are not memes. Memes take on organically. Spamming about some random gay shit that made you giggle that nobody else noticed or cares about isn't a meme.

I can't believe you still don't understand this. I suspect you do and are just pathetic enough to remain in denial.

>report it
Don't do that unless you want a warning
>filter it
Impossible

Meming aside, is anyone looking for an artist for real?

this looks maximum over comfy. good job. somehow you pulled off this look correctly.

Not your kind of art I'm looking for.
youtube.com/watch?v=NYwWuqhz-zw

I hope you have made a good recovery user

What kind of art?

Why don't you drop a 2D cute girl for agdg instead?

Don't you see? An artist asked for a programmer on agdg one night 8 months ago and wouldn't post their art but when they did it was bad xDDD

Visual.

>Don't do that unless you want a warning
I have gotten warnings for reporting source and nsfw stuff here too. Eventually you stop being afraid of them. Janitors can make mistakes sometimes.
>Impossible
Not at all.

Like cool abstract backgrounds?

What good will that do? There are drawthreads for that.

Yes, I like them.

>I have gotten warnings for reporting source and nsfw stuff here too
Well that's convenient because it's almost guaranteed to be the same faggot doing it.

>Not at all.
What's the filter then?

Agdg could use more assets and a set of sprites for a cute girl.

You want to be useful or not? Or are you just trying to shitpost bait like usual with your artists looking for bullshit?