EVE Online general /eog/

Your Favorite T3Cs Edition.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
Yes

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link(chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy
Don't forget to save your referral's name, If you upgrade to Omega send me a mail with the date when you upgraded and I will give you the entire PLEX.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)

Present:
>Winter War

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous: /dog/ /eveg/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

can someone explain this "bringing content" meme to a newbro?

also, why people refer a destruction of ships like "I killed a titan today" why don't use "destroy'' ?

thicc

>can someone explain this "bringing content" meme to a newbro?
Roughly translates to "finding more fights/people to fuck with/ISK"
>also, why people refer a destruction of ships like "I killed a titan today" why don't use "destroy'' ?
memes

Lurk more

>hiding in a station in hisec for hours while in NPC corp because reds outside
wtf are you a hauler/miner/missioner?

Once upon a time people played EVE to win and fights were real but today it's all just prearranged pretend fights because there's only like 200 FCs in EVE and they all know each other from fanfest or because they were in the same corp 5 years ago.

EVE isn't real, everyone of note hangs out in the same channels where they arrange meaningless 'content' fights in order to keep the line members happy.

>not having elite highsec pvpers red
Do you even high sec?

>Mordu's Legion

b-but it feels so real!

>lets remove the thing that makes the barghest THE pancake and put a shitty anime girl in it

>tfw you remember when the only ship called a pancake was the orca
time flies

>tfw you will never wake up next to a cute rogue drone girl

when are they fixing this shit

>Bored at work
>See ping for cap op later that night
>Get excited
>Get home from work
>Log in 20 mins early
>Fleet already left 15 mins ago
Kill me

>I can't undock without the FC holding my hand

kys

fixing what

/v/ is talking about EVE

>a shit memeboard is talking
lol who cares

Who cares link thread?

fuck off

hello i heard EVE is free now is this true?

i can shipspin for free?

It is free but limited.

Its basically a trial without a time limit

Can someone explain why OP picture is funny?

Its not. Its pure, unfiltered autism.

>ceo flips shit he he sees peple talking in local

>his alliance doesn't primary local

>live inna WH
>put a GF in local after a fight
>ceo flips his lid

It wasn't even in wh.

Your CEO yelled at you for talking in kspace? What an absolute faglord. Unless you were saying shit like "Oh hi Nyx in -SITE-" theres no point in getting butthurt

NC. lost t3cs because they forgot that you get concorded when you aggress people in high sec.

rofl, nice one

>ELITE
>PVP

is this one of you faggots?

>Do you even high sec?
No, no I don't.

>too nervous to join a corp's recruitment channel

can i just play this game as a space butt pirate

I'll pirate your butt space

>integrated

How much do you make from PI and how are you set up? I currently make around 60m per month but that's with like 3 planets all only producing basic shit

Marauders should have a jump drive.

Oh shit IM RICH!

How many alts do you have and what do they do?

Acc1:
-Exploration/WH stuff
-Trader

Acc2:
-Hauler
-Trader

Acc3:
-Subcap stuff
-Old mining char

Acc4:
-Opsec

Acc5:
-Opsec

I've only played for a year. Is it worth getting into big stuff to rat? Mainly just explore for isk but looking for more stable income.

Acct 1-2: Rag/HIC pilot
Acct 3-6: Nyx pilot
Acct 7-10: rorq pilot

extra slots filled with cyno alts

FUCKING AUTISTS

every ship has a jump drive

Nah, you're just in some corps home ratting system
chances are all of them have already been scanned down

no

What?
All null ratting zones always have that many sites up?

What would you guys suggest for my alts? I was thinking about ratting in a VNI with one of them while I explore but I don't know how afk it is and the isk/h seems pretty shit.

Maybe.

>set up a route through ls to explore
>go back through checking the jumps/kills in last hour
>60 kills in a 0.6 system
spoopy

So to you people living in guristas rats space
How the fuck do you rat? The VNI 100mn doesn't work, correct?

It's not broken.
It burns out the module after a single use, you can bring backup to kill them when it's done.

what the fuck is even going on here?

isn't VNI the best counter to gurista rats as their missiles do 0 damage and their ECMs are meaningless with drone on auto AFK mode?

Rorq gets hot dropped on, lights cyno, activates invulnerability machine, waits for friendly fleet to counter drop

>activates invulnerability machine
i dont keep up with miner stuff, what?

Fucking hell wardec dodging should be a bannable offense.

They need to fucking make some sort of system so whenever people from both side happen to meet each other in a system then everyone involved in war in that system will be teleported to an isolated arena system with only one single then have everyone do a fucking death match until there is no survivor left.

Oh and reinforcement should be made available by transferring anyone involved in war jumping to the system that triggered the death match so everyone one can fucking dunk it out.

Wait no death match is too boring, let's add a base to each side, destroying it will btfo all ships and pods of that side to allow an alternate way to settle shits out.

>only one single
only one single grid*

fuck me

Pulse Activated Nexus Invulnerability Core, makes you and any miner/hauler fleet mates within 200km invulnerable for five minutes. Burns up after one use and has to be repaired.

>i want to play a game that isnt EvE

retards that don't understand the game mechanism should be banned, but then there wouldn't be enough shitters for me to gank.

Why do these minmatar bars exist on an amarr ship?

even slaves need a break from being slaves. It keeps them from revolting, if they get a drink every now and again.

>wardecing groups small enough that they can easily dodge it
egg is on you m8

>Let's make these players able to kill anyone they please with no means of retaliation
Not that guy, but really, you should have at least 1 citadel to wardec someone

sounds pretty epic

>combat probes

So I've been playing around with Jeremy for a bit and have come to the conclusion that Gallente needs bright colored skins. Not neon bright, but just bright.

What is the best fleet size and why is it the quantum-gang?

Is that where you fly and around and tackle stuff for your imaginary friend to shoot at?

Are there any torrents/mega uploads of EVE source/universe? I can't find anything but Amazon and the odd bookstore

If the system is upgraded, then yes.
When one site is completed, another one of the same type spawns.

This is the essence of nullsec ratting.

I have a specific question about carrier ratting, /dog/. Never done it before, but soon my capital alt will be sitting in a Niddy.
It is about NPC capital spawns. Let's say I have t2 fighters, Minmatar carrier and LF IV, every other relevant drone skill is pretty maxed. My Niddy is a t2 ratting fit with 4 FSU2 and 4 DDA2. Is it enough to solo an NPC dread? What about NPC carrier or a faction dread? Maybe I will need Minmatar carrier V? Please enlighten me.

How hard is null rats?
Do I need 2k dps tank like wormhole to solo them?

no.
All you need is a vexor (VNI is 10x better), drones and an extremely high resistance against boredom

Don't believe anything they say about vni afk ratting, you still have to manage them when the frigs target your heavies

This looks nice. Can I have it?

No. Not unless CCP realizes oh wait maybe we should fix the visuals for the gallente

A VNI, +350dps, a medium armor repairer and decent resists. Go for Forsaken Hubs.

>a medium armor repairer
???
Just speed tank everything senpai

I do but I enjoy the afk money.

Is the launcher fucked?

Login server down?

OH WOW WHAT A NICE WAY TO MAKE YOUR GAME CCP JUST PUT CLOUDS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING EVERYWHERE

I think people have already forgotten to fit an irrelevant e-war module on their VNIs to make rats sperg out and attack them.

Like what, I've heard of target painting your own drone

a burst ECM, just having it fit seems to make rats super hostile towards you. Sort of like how they lose their shit and will often attack someone who is warp scramming you,

>This application has yet to be reviewed.
JUST LET ME IN YOU FUCKING RUSSIANS

Rats prioritise ewar.
So should you.

>Sort of like how they lose their shit and will often attack someone who is warp scramming you,
literally never happened in the history of this piece of garbage

>HAW

Why is everyone okay with this?

>Joining Russians

>those people in your corp shitting up chat who are obviously underage

This is why you all need to live the life of a pirate. Real fights, real hate, real tears.

move to at least t1 you clown

T1?

Tendies!

What does HAW stand for?