/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #659 - Family Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Gotta go first!

Penders go home.

>last thread ends with a lot of scourge and hedgehog talk
>new thread is forced echidna family tree

c'mon user, read a room!

I don't have any Scourge images.
You should have been faster, user. Sorry.

hi /sthg/

what do you think of the fact that Sonic Battle is hack-able now?

>I don't have any Scourge images.
>does have knuckles family tree saved

you need to rethink your priorities in life user.

Another shitty OP. And I thought we couldn't do any worse than the Wave one .

I'm well aware of my mistakes.

Sega!Shadow, Pre-Reboot Archie!Shadow, X!Shadow, and Boom!Shadow are in one room together. What happens?

Post Scourge images. I only have 1.

There is any JoJo reference in Sonic or its just DBZ?

Wait... don't the connections near the bottom of this tree mean knux and julie-su are cousins?

Maybe my sprites will finally be used.

They all brood and refuse to talk to each other until Surfer!Shadow walks in and they all don't talk to him together which unites them.

Considering they're mostly the same character, not much.

Now if we got all the Eggmen however, different story right there

>Post Scourge images

No. Pick a better character to fawn over, pls

Ken thinks he is the reason Sonic was popular.
Ken thinks he is the reason Knuckles has a character these days.
Ken tried to say that Eggman was Robo-Robotnik MAch II and therefore his idea.
Of fucking course he thinks he invented the idea of evil Sonic.

>sonic goes to IDW
>the same publisher of my little pony comics

please, no

Hopefully when Amy becomes moddable in the Hack Suite, playable Bump could become properly playable in Sonic Battle

The ultimate crossover.

Seriously. I'm not a "Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Eggman-only fag," but the idea of anyone other then Eggman ending the post-reboot universe is bullshit.

cheer up, user

Also the same publisher of that Flinstones comic. So y'know, it could be wonderful.

Also, really? Sega shat out 06 but you wouldn't shit on them for Jet Set Radio. Same company, different licenses, ez money.

>Considering they're mostly the same character, not much.

Not quite.

Shadow from the games is more arrogant and brooding. Comic Shadow from the old universe is more self-aware of his actions tries to be more sensible. Sonic X Shadow is less emotional. And Boom Shadow is basically a jackass.

DC is putting out the current Flintstones comic
They're better run than Archie so I'd take it. Plus Ian and co already have done stuff for them so it'd be an easy transfer
Then again anything other than Oni, Boom (Both are shit in general and don't pay employees), and Marvel (They're almost as incompetent as Archie at this point) would be good

Alright /sthg/, how would you end the comic?

I'd end at STH#300 and SU#100.

Eggman accidentally fucks up reality somehow, and it sends all the Pendered characters pre-reboot out of Genesis portals into the reboot time. Also, everyone who survived the Genesis Wave into the new timeline has memories of both timelines, and all reality is collapsing. Everyone scrambles to stop this, and ultimatly fails.

I would like to see Sega attempt to make an actual evil Sonic if their own.

Will Aki be in the next crossover?

As much as I like Scourge, it gets tiring when the only comic characters people acknowledge in fanarts are him, Shard, and Zonic.
Also, Fleetway Super Sonic

The Sonic from the games wakes up from a dream.

I'd wrap up the FF subplots in a 2 issue arc in Universe (99-100 would wrap them up) and the rest of the Sonic book is spent wrapping up hanging threads and giving quick closure

This.

>Wanting Pendered characters in the reboot comics

A: That would just lead into another lawsuit, & B: Why?

That being said, I do agree Eggman should be the one to end the reboot universe, if you wanna end it like that.

Super Fighting Robot comics, when?

Scourge was one of the few Archie characters I wanted to be in the games. There, I said it. Before Penders risen, part of he had hope that he one day would be put in.

>Now if we got all the Eggmen however, different story right there

also who is your favorite?

Jesus Christ, how sad. He never had a chance.

The Freedom Fighters die in a final battle with Eggman.

Sonic shrugs and runs into the logo of the next Sonic game.

Post reboot Archie. Has the charm and bombastic fun of game Eggman, but still enough menace to feel like a real threat

That's why I put "hope". Japan liked him too, so that was something.

His vaguest chance was probably Sonic Chronicles. Thanks for fucking that up Bioware./s

Use the milestones as ending points, wrap up some plotlines, and end on the high positive note that the pre-reboot didn't get.

Haha! That pic is pretty damn awesome!
All Eggmen are great in their own ways!

>All the Eggmen

So we'd have
>AoStH
Creating some amazing device with an alliterative name to help the cause, sometimes grabbing letters and turning them into medals, sometimes turning as large as a house or sometimes into a steam train's funnel. A MAN TO BE FEARED
>Underground
BEING BORING YOU LITTLE SHIT
>AoStH + Julian comics
Same person near the end of his life.
Yelling at Snively to run about, amusing Archie Eggman immensely. Polluting rootin' tootin'. Is creating a program to send the Swatbots out.
>Xman
Has dressed up as Sonic. Confuses everyone else but he seems deadset on it and you don't ruin a man's dreams like that. Is holding 5 cards and has been looking at the machine for hours.
>Archie Eggman
Is sorting out a masterplan. Has threatened everyone. Is secretly putting cybernetics into other Eggmen. Has hit Orbot twice. Yelled at Snively alongside SaTam consistently.
>OVA
Sworn a wedding date with Princess Elise. Cubot is doing his moustache in braids. Robotnik is designing his Just Got Married Mech from Hell.
OVA Metal Robotnik is the tightest shit
>Game Eggman
Keeps telling people the main course of action is to rebuild the Death Egg again. Has had an argument with Archie Eggman over the shape of it. Keeps looking at the moon/ Likes chilling with OVA Robotnik the most.
>Fleetway
Has been quiet the entire time.
Scowls at everyone else, no faith in the plan, with so many Eggman and so many failings, he realises that not even in the multiverse does Eggman win. Is reading a book on doomsday devices.

Some of them felt so overdesign, though. I like Mina's, though.

Another lawsuit is why the comic is ending.

It's mainly to spite Archie.

fleetway super vs scourge is a fight I'd very much like to see.

Who are these literal nobodies?

>pedoskunk has arrow pointing to crotch

lewd

Geoffrey definitely looks like a pedo here. Also, who the fuck are Salma and Juanita?

Someone show this to Penders.

I think I kind of like the events that happened in the flashback more than what's happening in the present in this fancomic.

>let Penders come back to the comic for 1 issue
>let him write anything
>it's issue #301
>comic ends at #300

>Also, who the fuck are Salma and Juanita?
Espio's kids in Mobius 25 Years Later. I'll be honest, for a long time I thought they were the same character

Penders wants the big 3 double-0.

KP is so desperate he would go for #301.

He seriously thought he was doing issue 300 for a bit, and when it hit him he wasn't, he acted like Archie slighted him

Who's the user that commissioned this?

>Metamopha

Kinky.

How would you guys feel if Finitevus has ended the universe instead of Scourge or Eggman?

Fini quasi lives on in the form of Maw

If anyone is going to destroy the the universe, it will be Omega.

>You will never see Rotor and Omega bond over their love of weapons
Fuck this timeline

Mom

That's an odd way of saying Sally.

pesky

And it will happen with "Hey guys, I'm making Totinos, does anyone want some?"

Poor Thunderbolt, precious baby

Dark Sonic here looks like Shadow without his stripes and eye pupils.

I don't really have any of Scourge but an user made this about a month ago.

I want more interactions between the Egg Bosses. Cassia bullying TB when?

Why is Metamorphia paired up with Eggman's other "waifus". She hates him. He hates her.

>Those Sonic reactions
My heart can't take this cuteness.

So want to see Bump hip-attack Sonic, Amy and Honey can do it in StF.

Before she used to have a crush on him and wanted Egg Senpai to notice her. It was in her last issue where she got over him.

Game Eggman would put himself as the self-proclaimed leader of the group. (Which would lead to in-fighting from his counterparts.) His reception would be mixed. Some would be impressed by his gallery of schemes and his long history of dealing with that pesky hedgehog the longest out of all of them, and others finding him lackluster.

Julian would see himself above his counterparts, even though they have more cred than him, but the “Ah already conkered da world once!” would come up. He would mostly chill with Archie and Underground Eggmen. Archie Eggman would be mistakenly calling him “Robotnik Prime” at random times and Julian would have no idea what he's talking about.

AoStH Robotnik would be the most bombastic of the group. Finally he would find proper gentleman such as himself. Some of his counterparts would find him bumbling, but he would impress Archie Eggman, and trigger Julian when roboticization comes up and brings up that he has portable Roboticizers.

OVA Eggman would be the second bombastic one of the group. Although he would be aghast to find out they his greatest creation, Hyper Metal Sonic, is pretty much a “Been there, done that, rebuilding it is a pain in the back” and “We made others” to most of his counterparts. Game Eggman would at times forget he isn't his classic counterpart and mistake him as such.

Underground Robotnik would kind of just be there half the time.

Fleetway would be considered the most unstable Robotnik. Even Archie Eggman would be little dodgy around. They would find his unusual overuse of replacing the word “ex” with the word “egg” annoying though.

Sonic X Eggman would get along with them, but Archie Eggman and Fleetway Eggman would probably make him a little uncomfortable. He would have more morels then the rest which would make the others scurf. I could see him impressing Game Eggman with what he did with the moon after blowing half of it up.

Boom Eggman would feel the most inferior to his counterparts. World domination? Space & Time devastation? Genocide? Most of his plans consist of destroying a village and ruining Sonic's day. So he'd probably be the butt of jokes to the other Eggmen while trying to look “cool” like the rest of them. Although, everyone would admit he is the most stylish.

Manga Eggman would be misunderstood by his egg-brothers since he only speaks Japanese.

>Underground Robotnik would kind of just be there half the time.
>They would find his unusual overuse of replacing the word “ex” with the word “egg” annoying though.
>Manga Eggman would be misunderstood by his egg-brothers since he only speaks Japanese.

kek. How would the Sonics get along?

I'm ashamed that I forgot one of the key Eggmen.

Archie Eggman would get some respect from his counterparts, with most of the devastating schemes he came up with as well has the multiveral damage he has caused. I could see Game Eggman being somewhat jealous of him.

I think every single Sonic, especially Archie Sonic, would be confused and also angry at how Boom Sonic and Boom Eggman just get along.

Well, at least it's nowhere near as convoluted as the Summers family tree from X-Men. At this point, I'm half-convinced that Cyclops is his own grandpa.

Game, AoStH, X and probably Archie Sonics would be fine getting along with their respective Eggmen if they weren't evil. SatAM, Underground and OVA Sonics would be confused that Boom Eggman isn't really that evil but wouldn't make a big deal about it. Fleetway Sonic would be the only one flipping shit.

What would happen if you crossed the Summers and Pym family trees?

He's got two kids!?

I think him going this fast has fucked up reality

Yeah, he does. Confused yet? I AM

I can see the most of the Eggmans making a big deal about that too.

WHERE IS THE NICE THING user
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE NICE THINGS

Seeing as Wanda married the Vision, they're already crossed (albeit not in that image; couldn't find a decently-convoluted one that had both).

As a fan of Archie's Sonic comics who wants to see them, or some form of good Sonic the Hedgehog comic, continue but cares nothing for anything else Archie does, should I be rooting for the success of Riverdale?

I've been thinking about it for the past few days, and there are a few different ways to look at it.

On one hand, if Riverdale is successful, Archie would of course profit, which you[d assume would be a good thing for the continuation of their series. I don't think a big, expensive project like this failing miserably would make continuing the comics any easier or more likely for them.

But then consider how Archie might interpret this success. Would it encourage them to continue focusing on their own stuff even if it means neglecting Sonic? Is it possible that, if Riverdale becomes a huge success, or if Archie's flawless judgement perceives Riverdale as a huge success, that they might abandon Sonic altogether to work on their own stuff? It would have a lot less strings attached; no threat of Sega pulling a license, no Penders suing for stealing his OCs.

A lot of people here seem to want Archie to stop making the comics, thinking that another, more competent publisher will pick the series up, along with it's characters, writers and even continuity. That does seem to be the best case scenario, and I for one would even be fine if we had to go through another reboot as long as we didn't lose any good characters. But how likely is that to be the case? What are the odds that a publisher would want to pick up where Archie left off, or even make use of it's huge cast, rather than do their own stuff?

This is all just for discussion of course, it's not like anything can be done about it other than wait and see.

Here's the thing even if we lose characters again when going to another publisher it would at least give long term stability which is the thing the comic needs most

You should be rooted for Riverdale to bomb to such a degree that Archie as a whole ends up going out of business completely with all of its assets and licenses being bought out by a better company, including said company getting the Sonic license.

>A lot of people here seem to want Archie to stop making the comics, thinking that another, more competent publisher will pick the series up, along with it's characters, writers and even continuity. That does seem to be the best case scenario, and I for one would even be fine if we had to go through another reboot as long as we didn't lose any good characters
I couldn't take another reboot. Granted that could lead to a better start and allowing a new continuity to breathe and introduce characters and elements naturally, but then you'd have to take a while to get back to where we are now. And if we kept most of the characters we'd just be retreading ground. If not, then it'll be the same thing that happened when the reboot started: People being pissed their favorite characters are gone with little to no resolution and inevitably new characters will be introduced (Unless the comic goes to being about self contained stories a la the early stuff but that would drive away longtime readers)

Absolute best case scenario, which won't happen, is everything goes over to IDW, including the creative team, and they pick up where they left off

And of course this assumes we keep the current creative team and they don't just get a new one, likely a writer who isn't a big Sonic fan and some comparatively inexperienced artists