Dueling Network General - /dng/

YGO General #2427

Fucking Furries in my Card Game REEEE Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
Manual Card Updates (rename to Live2016 and replace the existing folder):
github.com/Ygoproco/Live2016

Useful Links:
Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/
OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists
TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/
Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/
Official /dng/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Pendulum Domination (January 20th)
●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read the cards carefully
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017
youtube.com/watch?v=VrMzhxnR-eY
youtube.com/watch?v=PODnW9JjDr4&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sx7B5WnDo
youtube.com/watch?v=AriweyQzBEw
strawpoll.me/12123070/r
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Master Peace and Drancia are bad because they target

xth for y posts are shitposting

what is this expression trying to convey?

Master Guide 5 when?

xth for cutest loli

>traded for a RP01 Cyber Harpie Lady
>bent corners, worn edges, and a big ass crease in the middle
>decide to sell it to ARG for $75 NM
>get graded down to “Played”, $13
>whatever, better than I expected
>browse TCGplayer
>see ARG selling a “Moderately Played” RP01 Cyber Harpie Lady
>they want $105 for this damaged card
L M A O

>you can now spectate games in progress
>i can finally get a look into the inner machinations of 'no pend' 'april 2005 format only' 'no noobs' 'win 430 loss 0'
Neat.

Don't know how I feel about the orbs and blade-things. I know the orbs are from Super Conductor, but the blades just reminds me of the Dimension Dragons aesthetic for some reason.

>played Burgerfrogs since before Opabinia was revealed let alone Toad
>breeze through ABC format on Checkmate and shitpost about how it's the secret meta
>finally hits TCG
>it actually was secret meta
>now guaranteed to get hit, hard
How can I scratch my itch for trap monsters when they kill it?

GET IN MAH BELLEH

Well it's not as if I use it very often.

What should I buy as a new player trying to be meta

What relavent card even has targeting protection? And no, Kozmos and Majespecters aren't relavent.

Targeting being bad is a stale /dng/ meme, honestly. Maybe it would have held some weight back when those two decks were relevant, but all sorts of great cards target these days.

Nothing right now, but you'll see, with the current design trend of Yugioh more and more cards are gonna give targeting the finger

Why are you fags still playing this shit card game?

>pic related, your average Yugipoo

That looks more like a MTG player.

YGO player would be black/hispanic and have their hand in your binder.

>tomorrow we'll see the hyped fusion
W-who's hyped, boys

That looks like MTG to me

It is.
That's Francis, the walking stereotype of neckbeard virgin.

RP01 is extremely hard to come by, man.

A bit too late to fix this OP, but for anyone who relies on manual card updates for ygopro and has the new version, the expansions folder uses Live2017 now.

github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

what's up with this game and knee spikes?

Never thought about those guys, if you're around, make the next OP, I know I'll forget.

>here pictured is a magic player, the average yugioh player

Yeah, cool post my man

Draius III
Cuckle (lel)
All TD trap to an extent
FM Fusion to an extent
ABC "floating" effect

I haven't ever really played outside of Checkmate on YGOPRO and find people in normal lobbies seem to love playing Tag Duels.

What deck do you play if you want to make the other three people in the lobby extremely mad and kick you out after?

Literally anything with Zodiacs. Alternatively, Barrier Stun.

That said, I used to be Checkmate-only too but I'm a tagfag now.

Activate a Qliphort scale, make your partner want to kill you.

Reversal Quiz OTK

And yeah, I never really noticed it, but it seems like Tag is actually quite popular.

Lightsworns
Banish.dek

Tags when?

>finally manage to get new ygopro working on xp
>it keeps giving me 'ygopro has encounter an error and needs to close' but i can just ignore it
>update live2017, why is it so small
>none of the new cards like the dinos are in my deck editor anymore
>even some older ones like light wing bumper are gone
THE TRIAL CONTINUES

Use Beta_ID_to_Real_ID converter or something.
Alternatively, just wait a minute.

Just update to 7 or something

I don't think waiting will do me any good since I presume this error has to do with automatic updating in the first place. Where can I get this converter?

Toaster can't handle it.

There's always Linux

>everything is out of beta

>come back after a bit of time doing other shit
>see if yusho.dek works finally
>get sky magician live
>aww yiss
>it lets me bounce spells
>FUCK YES
>...but not activate new magician continuous spells from hand, making it just a guy that weakens my own field and has a destruction pop effect

fucking hell, there was even a full on update for pro. how is it so goddamn hard to fix a released card rather than tweak beta/anime exclusive cards?

Dunno, search past thread.
I remember that user saying that the fix is somewhere in the same thread as that HQ card pic or something.

I don't think it's the problem though, since it should only affect cards that has been released for real.

Random question: When a card effect says "When(this monster) battles an opponent's monster, negate that monster's effects until the end of the damage step." that should apply to enemy monster effects that activate in grave, right?

Are there any decks in YGO with a purely horror aesthetic theme that aren't garbage nowadays?

No.
But Ghostricks are fun

I love em too but let's not get his hopes up for horror

puppet ritual and junk puppet are actually somewhat okay, and r8nk spam is always a viable gameplan, although you'll be raping your resources since none of them summon easily and getting two out earlygame is kind of inconsistent

D/D are fairly horror-inspired, though their ED and bosses aren't.

D/D is weeaboo trash, don't lump it in with horror

no, it has to say something like this for that

>weeaboo trash
...what?

>VFD suddenly doesn't count as True King anymore
what

Soulcalibur is cool, fuck you

AI deck for BLS only has 2 trade-in
smdh

it used to be cool. Not anymore.

How to put it like this: It used to have great designs and artists, but over time tried to pander to pedos and perverts and self-destructed.

>pendulum summon 5 against backrow
>using monster effect on Monster immune Master Peace
>using Solemn on Trap immune Master Peace
>Twin Twister both scale when Dinoster still face-up
>Instant into Raiden, use his effect, and tribute it for Scythe
>Xyz Siegfried and Ragnarok into Kali Yuga turn 1
What's with percy USA lobby today?
It's usually not this bad.

Soulcalibur V is gud

>people aren't usually retarded
Hey now, you don't believe that

Because of the 5D's sex cult scandal, Fortune Ladies will never receive any support and are the archetype Konami hates most in YGO.

That's depressing.

thanks.

People always talk about this scandal, but its actually true or just shitposting?

it's true, and it's why many character arcs got dropped and characters being built up to be MCs got absolutely shafted.

what isn't true is that the scandal is the reason for crow getting a random boost to his prominence: that was entirely due to BUY BLACKWINGS

>5D's sex cult scandal
wat

you never heard about that?

back during the initial airing of 5D's, halfway through the dark signer arc, the original VA of carly was found to be a part of the Roma Sophia cult in japan. not wanting a huge shitstorm, she was fired, her arc was dropped, and the second half of 5Ds was rewritten to be about future robots instead of death cults.

5ds was a complete shitshow. It had some nice moments at the beginning, but it's on par with Arc V for retarded writing.

>tfw Metatron will never see use because Master Peace is better in every way

it was solid right through to the end of hte dark signers arc, which is because of my previous post.

also, crow was initially intended to be the final dark signer, which was changed into being the fifth signer because BUY BLACKWINGS

If people had the habit of generally destroying 3K attack monsters by battle, it would be the best card in the game. But they don't, so it isn't.

You forgot the worst part. The music even got worse. Fuck Endoh and his annoying ass voice.

Just compare

youtube.com/watch?v=VrMzhxnR-eY

youtube.com/watch?v=PODnW9JjDr4&t=7s

>Evil Crow
That would've been cool actually. Because fuck Crow.

just wait until they powercreep Stormforth like they did to Soul Exchange, and you'll be able to use him as a quick-play sphere mode when combined with the true draco traps (really just being Escalation of the Monarchs on roids).

yeah, but second half of 5Ds also gave us one of the most hype songs ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sx7B5WnDo

explains black feather dragon coming out of goddamn nowhere if you recall, it wasn't a blackwing, had nothing to do with the other signer dragons, crow had no attachment to it initially, and it was literally inside his goddamn d-wheel, as well as rua(leo)'s foreshadowing to being the fifth signer such as ruka(luna) having visions of the signer dragons including life stream dragon and NOT black feather dragon

I still can't get over how good first season Arc V's music was.
But, as with everything else Arc V related, it's only let down by how much worse everything it led up to became.

>DDD
>duel of rebellion
>battle beyond imagining
>the evolving falcon
>pendulum swing
it really was, goddamn.

how 2 kangz and shiet?

the best cards are master piss and the spells/traps for reviving beatsticks and getting advantage when you pop things+pot of greed every turn. and thank God for that since Da'at is ugly as fuck.
if you want to use the kangz themselves, blastoise and mariamune are the best for vfd turbo and searching master piss, and lithosazim is medium and agnimazud is probably only worth running in a pure deck

>tfw ywn find the best fucking track in 5D's because Konami didn't release it in any of the Sound Duels, because it doesn't have an official name, and because any recording of it is either terrible or is with dialogue

I want that track that plays in Antinomy's duels so fucking bad man. For anyone that's wondering:
youtube.com/watch?v=AriweyQzBEw

Is Revival of the True Kings broken or am I just retarded? The revival or ss2 tribute effects won't work.

Results are in from a 1 week poll.
New Ghost Loli's official name is 5head Loli.

strawpoll.me/12123070/r

False, Bahrastos and Lithosazim combo to make VFD effortlessly.

Why is she sticking her tongue out? Why are her eyes sunk so far back in her head? Why is her forehead big enough to park an aircraft carrier on it? Why can't Konami draw anymore?

they can draw, they just sometimes don't want to

What if there was a playable deck in YGO now that takes you back to the ROOTS of the game? No special summons, no bullshit, just normal summon a monster set S/T and pass until you can get a powerful equip spell to swing at your opponent with.

It's almost as if, oh I dunno, people were actually trying to make a good show before Ono shat all over it.

eh, with the budget limitation and pacing limitations, I don't think ono could have done anything.

The new Spiral Serpent deck seems to work that way. At least, only because it's the only current deck I can think of that even uses equip spells.

Reminder for everyone here needs to use trips NAO

Is that the reason why 5Ds and Arc-V are the source of most Jap YGO memes?

>both 5Ds and Arc-V are directed by Ono

He should be fired

when the FUCK are we getting Duos who supports Blue-Eyes like how Apprentice Illusion Whore supports DM?

Konami will learn from this. Arc V was extremely well received at first, but you can see its ratings plummet and never recover after the Synchro arc starts.

At least it wasn't the shitstorm level of GX which had only some good single episodes.

> only deck I can think of that uses equip spells

rawr

Konami already learned, this is gonna give them more motives to hate Synchro.

Arc-V hit rock bottom ratings during the Xyz arc though.

at least the synchro arc advanced the plot a bit

xyz arc was like "well we're he're, well we're gone"

It was technically in the Fusion arc, but you get it, Synchro a shit.

Because it was nothing more than a glorified "Lets recruit Edo and Kaito" mini series while also fucking up their established character.

I think the part that made the synchro arc pointless was the entire climactic plotline that was supposed to lead to zarc ended up being a tease because bracelet magic

And the current plot is
>"Wait, shows are supposed to have endings? Oh well... let's just have everyone talk about how good the Synchro arc was, and then all die. This thing is fucked beyond repair anyway."

>Xyz and fusion arcs hated more than synchro
>Synchro ruined Arc-V!
Ok.

I wouldn't say it was GOOD, i hate "ahm boinie sandahs fuck the 1%" plots as much as anyone else but at least there was a story to it unlike "hey edo and kaito are cool, now what? uhh............"

FUCK CROW though, that guy needs to be brutally murdered so badly he's retroactively wiped from existence, konami's fanshitting over him is ridiculous