Modifying a car at all

>Modifying a car at all

Tell me more about how you know better than teams of engineers and years of automotive experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

globaltimeattack.com/records/
fastestlaps.com/tracks/buttonwillow-configuration-13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Right, because it's way too complicated to install lightweight wheels and quality bolt on parts.

I wish I was an engineer

Yeah, I'm modded. I don't give a FUCK what haters think or some faggot engineer made to probably make the best fuel economy. My mods would never be on a normal street legal car because they are too harsh for 99.9% of car buyers.
Car: 2016 Subaru BRZ
CAI: +10hp, but makes the intake MUCH louder, not for pussies putting around listening to talk radio
Cat back exhaust: +30hp First of all illegal in many states, but also much louder than factory exhaust, many people mistake my car for a race car due to this
Tune: +30hp A factory tune is generic for all drivers, not specific for performance/race driving like I do. I may lose some efficiency at low RPM, but I rarely spend time under 7k RPM.
tl;dr OP is a bitchboy commuter scared to mod

>why does anyone like cars?
The toyotards are posting again

jesus christ there are some ignorant niggers on this board but you're in the top 3.

the engineers with years of automotive experience try their hardest to make the most bloated & fuel efficient shitbox as their budget will allow.

this doesn't apply to brands such as ferrari, koenigsegg, etc because they're not making cars for the general public.

99% of the shitboxes on the road aren't tuned for performance, which is why people seek the aftermarket to remedy the autistic """"features"""" implemented by the manufacturer who just wants to cuck you.

if you think an unmodified car weighed down by retarded """"safety"""" features & tuned for fuel economy is superior to a modified car with minimal additional weight + a performance tune you need to kill yourself.

>70hop from bolt ons
top fucking kek

>added 70hp

Hey guys look I'm real alpha because my mods are LOUD and ILEGAL and I'm better than 99.9% of you because I bought some shit off of ebay.

Should have just LS swapped a miata if you wanted to go fast.

oh you

I can smoke the fuck out of it in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

I'm making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because that's the only place the power should ever be.

>balance shaft delete

what did he mean by this?

Well I have a S2k with a SR20 and over 100k under the hood wat now FWD cuck.

you want race?

1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA ver.2 (GF8 from Japan)
2000 cm^3 exhaust HKS Turbo ( IHI VF-22) 1,3 bar Redline 8500
1 - 100 km/h - 4.2
1/4 mile - 12.45
~ 350 h.p.
I from Russia. I go by this devil machine on streets of Moscow
3 times successfully disappeared from police
Basically I go accurately and on special lines.

>get a team of engineers to modify your car
>???

>70hp from a CAI and catback

k.

rare copypasta

>he swapped a nissan motor into an s2k just for race wars

srs nigger?

The engineers who put the shitty tune and Rev hang into my 2017 wrx sure didn't know any better. It ruins the car. Why shouldn't I delete it?

Almost sure it is for fuel economy ratings. Same stuff with the Corvette's 7-speed, I think.

because hindsight is 20/20.

It's all about passing EPA/NHTSA standards.

The cool stuff is for the motorsports while the boring stuff makes its way into dealer showrooms.

this thread is awesome
also mods r ok by me - sometimes factory shit is not so good and there are very often simple quality of life bolt on parts that make things better in the driving experience that may have been shortchanged (usually on budget performance oriented cars)

I don't think the engineers took into account how hard my dick gets when I can actually hear my blowoff valve

>Tell me more about how you know better than teams of engineers and years of automotive experience
That have to work on a BUDGET

that also are human and make mistakes that need to be fixed

Fuck sake op its not that hard not all of us have "newer" cars that at 5-10 years old

>22.9 seconds @ 59.4mph

The engineers literally cucked my truck. Hell yeah I'm changing it.

350 or 302?

cuck truck for the cuck duck

>"""mods""" car
>it shits itself
>call the entire company unreliable
stay classy Veeky Forums
Im glad you poorfags can't afford classy cars since theyre so """unreliable"""

It's got a 300, putting a 302 in it.

Tru

cuck
u
c
k

if your mods are making your car more unreliable than stock your doing it wrong

fuck off you cuck

>if your mods are making your car more unreliable than stock your doing it wrong
most people on this board do it wrong
I will never understand the unreliable memes until my car starts shitting itself for no reason

and I used to give my old Toyota truck shit for running 17s damn son

Shits slow as fuck. 2 tons and 60hp is no joke.

I could almost swear that cars were built on a budget to be sold for certain prices and that my coilovers and other parts were made and designed by engineers to improve my car.

only thing that completely shat itself was my 15 year old radiator and 15 year old gearbox with 300rwhp put through it

because my boxster was deliberately made slower so it wouldn't compete with the 911

and
>emissions

should just fuck the 300's off and get a big block

some people like 500hp volvos.

Other people modify their daily.

>get a big block
I would love to, but I can bolt a 302 up without changing anything but the motor mounts. The c6 has 3 bolt patterns and Windsor and big six share the same one.

i have a old LS and the only unreliable thing about it is 16 year old gaskets starting to shit themselves

>valve covers and sump gaskets
>???
Rest of it is fine
Noice, keeping the auto trans?

Yeah, it works better for drag racing. It might get a stick at some point though.

is this a meme

I am an engineer. Also well aware of budget constraints, NHV testing, and safety regulations. I'm pretty sure I can make a car better (for myself) if I'm so inclined.

Yeah, there's no way the engineers designed the engine for the maximum combination of power and reliability.

There's also no fucking way the shocks are designed for a specific unsprung weight, set largely by the weight of the wheels.

Because of course nothing can be improved over what the bean counters finally send out the door.

>thats the joke

>Basically I go accurately and on special lines.

Special lines huh? Were you in a class with other special kids too Ivan?

Mate do it, i hated the auto because it felt really flimsy at least the way it was put together stock.

Got a T56 and havent looked back

i dont know who is trolling who

its Veeky Forums nobody cares really.

i just like coming here and shit talking as hard as i can and occasionally talking about cars as a bonus.

>i know this is a troll
judging by that spec the fictional hispanic man is running a honda h22a engine which came from the factory with internal balance shafts. these engines suffered from balance shaft tensioner failure. deleting balance shafts increase oil pressure, remove mass and improve reliability in the H series motor.
dumbass

>Riced out 2012 Honda Civic
>1:43
globaltimeattack.com/records/

>2016 Dodge Viper ACR factory racecar
>1:47
fastestlaps.com/tracks/buttonwillow-configuration-13

Ricers:1
Engineers:0

And clearly theres no way that anyone would want to trade a bit of reliability for power
>design the suspension for unsprung weight
>design the suspension for something it doesn't affect
Now this is stupidity right here

They need to meet specific criteria for production cars so not everything is gonna work towards the car's performance. Hence why tune/exhaust/wheels/tires are always the number one go to mods.

If I've learned anything from working on fighter aircraft, it's that engineers are fucking morons that have never had to use anything they designed in a real world scenario. If anything, daily driving my car makes me more qualified than most engineers to modify my car.

Do you think it's the engineers who decide how they build their engines, and not the people who hire them?

Cars aren't built to be the best, they're built to be the most marketable.

I know the engineers had to make the car within a budget, a deadline, and a bean counter over their shoulders. You can always improve upon their work.

I hope you're trolling.

Enlighten me as to what I'm missing.

What about cars that come from the factory already high performance? Would you throw an intake or exhaust on a m3 or 911?

umm yeah lol of course. better sound, lighter, and small hp increase, totally worth it.
the reason theyre not always the best from factory is that you have to keep in mind the audience of those cars are usually doctors, lawyers, dentists and such that dont really care about 100% peak performance and sometimes dont want a loud raucous car

>It's another "manufacturer knows best"

Where I work we fabricate trailers that needs to comply with public road regulations. 2 things:

- engineering is all about compromises: you can't use higher quality materials because budget, you can't deploy the best engineer-wise solution because marketing has the final word, and marketing wants it to look good before functioning well. Do you need me to go on?
- If you've seen the amount of times lesser engineers go "ah, just throw that in there, should work well enough", you'd have a stroke.

For instance, you know the Lotus Elise, 17" wheels all around, small for today's standards, right? Did you know that was a marketing decision, and engineers actually wanted to go with fifteens? Did you also know Caterham engineers recommend off the record to swap the factory 15" wheels to 13" to customers that want to increase performance?

I know better what I want than they do

Modern exhausts are usually cucked beyond belief. Modern intakes are pretty good usually though.

I can now say that my daily has more than 4 times the power of a truck

if you wanted aggressive performance, yes.
If I wanted a track toy, I'd be stripping that thing, and making sure it didn't function on a street.
That said, I don't see the point in modifying something like a GT3 RS

>thinking car companies tune cars to be reliable > powerful
Reality is they want Fuel economy > emissions > lower build cost > power > reliability

You know 'a truck' means nothing

Allot Trucks in the 60's used to only have sub 100hp and even until the last decade 600hp was fuck huge for a truck

are you guys talking about actual trucks or big cars?

why are utes called trucks in America?

Jesus, that's literally Twingo power for twice the weight.

In a fucking heartbeat. Attainable dream car is 966 turbo with exhaust, turbos, coolers, and intake upgraded. And of course the tune to use all that and get 600hp

>why are utes called trucks in America?
Youths or hipsters.

We don't have utes,. We had the Subaru Baja for a bit, but besides that it's been decades since the El Camino and ranchero. We have pickup trucks.

>> Couple of simple mods
>> complete teardown and rebuild
gj

EIGHTY THOUSAND POUNDS

Tell me more about teams of engineers building cars exactly for my expectations and not for a mass market under budget constraints.

Yeah, but most people will think I'm talking one of those modern ego trips on four wheels until they ask which. It's the same joke as saying my Lincoln TC has a 4.6l v8 and when unenlightened folk ask "oh how much power you throwing down?" You just look at em and say 200 flat

I like the c6, it's built like a brick shithouse. Capable of about 500 lb-ft stock so it's well overbuilt for the application it will be facing

This truck is also 50 years old and has blowby out the ass and a teeny single barrel carburetor

We have two "Utes" also known as the El Camino and Ford ranchero. Our trucks are short for pickup trucks. There's also semi trucks, or tractors.

Those wheels are fucking disgusting

>but I rarely spend time under 7k RPM
>+70hp from bolt-ons

>anons are falling for this
Good pasta tho, might save this

My Z pisses in your BRZ's intake, fuck off queer.
Go ahead and benchrace. I've owned more vehicles than you've seen years, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the BRZ. The interior is 90s KIA tier too.

They are what got me interested in sports coupes again, but they are a letdown in reality. And I am a Subaru fanboi. The 370z blew the BRZ away in the feels dept, that's why I bought one instead.

The 370z has Jap class with muscle acceleration, and the handling characteristics you'd expect from a traditional two seat rwd coupe making 330+hp at the crank.

You fell for the meme, while people who actually like cars and driving chose any number of quicker sharp handling cars in the price range.

I honestly can't tell if this is a serious reply or just another copypasta

They didn't have modern technology in 1996, that's why.

Chuck a turbo kit on the z and go kill some ricers at the lights

Hello Sumit

>Yeah, there's no way the engineers designed the engine for the maximum combination of power and reliability.

No shit, what are emission regulations or NVH requirements? Also, plastic water pump impellers are an obvious sign of planned obsolescence, so no their not all made for reliability too.

Cars are a compromise in every aspect, if you think a car is "as good as it gets" out of the box you're a literal retard.

Wow, I just found another reason to not like those shit boxes. Apparently the owners are fucking delusional 16 year olds.

Don't worry bud, we're laughing at you, not with you.

>I like the c6, it's built like a brick shithouse. Capable of about 500 lb-ft stock so it's well overbuilt for the application it will be facing
noice, you got lucky.

Straight pipe. Less resistance for the exhaust to exit the car. Cold air intake, colder more dense air will have a greater volume when expanded than warm less dense air.