Why do Americans drive like this?

Why do Americans drive like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-foot_braking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lazy, they don't want to move their foot to brake. at least modern cars have throttle deactivation if they mash both

Same reason they do anything else; because they're stupid and lazy.

Do they actually ? Holy fuck.

They are used to autotragic so they never learn to keep the left foot on the clutch or off only.

To balance the weight of the car in a turn.
Learn to drive plebs

Wasnt there some stat sheet that showed smoothness to vehicle deceleration using to feet?

Also ameritard here pops taught me to never use both feet used to talk shit about an uncle of mine who had to replace brake pads like every 4 months from that

because they have fat legs

>Do they actually ?
no

Literally no one does this.

they do?

holy fuck i hate them now

Samuel Haggar told them to

old people mostly. pretty much everyone drives with one foot (because automatic)

As an American, I can safely say nobody I've ever met does this.

how the fuck else are you supposed to drive a go-kart you fucking europoor

>cbr500r
>Lancia stratos
???

Prove it

Maybe it was from one of those sponsored Honda events, the cbr500r cup or something.

I liked him in Van Halen.

It's an F1 driver thing

>not driving one footed so much you develop leg length problems

Even though I've never seen anyone drive like that, I see no problem with it, especially if you have never driven a manual car and never experienced the magic of trying to brake with the left foot and slamming your head against the steering wheel

>tfw PO fitted unassisted twin master cylinder brake setup and perfect left foot braking is easy

Retard here. What am I missing? One foot on the speeder and the other on the brake?

>speeder

Tommi Makinen does this too when he drives with paddle shifters

>that homosexual luggage compartment

We don't

Because they're fucking retarded.

No.

We don't... or at least I don't

Of course they do, how do you think they managed to get a class action lawsuit against "malfunctioning gas pedals" against Toyota together? Most of them were people accidentally mashing the wrong pedal in a panic situation.

idiots do that regardless of whether they use one foot or two feet

It's easier to mix up if you use two feet.

They don't (at least the non-retards)

It's never taught like that

I drive like this and I'm not american.
I drive a heavy, top heavy car.
Today since it was sludge and snow and ice outside I got through lot of corners on my way home without skidz and high speeds because I used left foot braking and trail braking

>not cutting your left leg off for weight reduction

Some people drive manuals.

>americucks driving manual
funny

This. I do it because I'm good at it but nobody else does it. It's technically safer as I have one foot over the brake at all times. Plus you should see how fast I take off when the light turns green.

Some people are one leg heavier then

No one actually drives like this. The only person I've ever met that uses both feet was my grandma, and she hasn't driven in 20 years.

Burden of proof's on the accusator m8

Then why aren't you proving it fag?

>He hasn't moved the brake pedal next to the throttle

Fo shame

They don't.

No. In fact it's an instant fail when you take the drivers test if you do this. The only people who do this are old ass motherfuckers who went from driving a manual their entire life to driving an automatic.

But you don't drive a manual with feet on the brake and gas either. Left one is always on the clutch.

..... If feels weird to not have both feet on the pedals. So they move the foot over. Holy fuck can you not figure that out.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but for some reason retarded old ladies start breaking with their left foot.

What said kind of applies.

I switched back and forth between my 5 speed and my wife's automatic all the time and occasionally I'd fuck up and mash the brake in the auto forgetting it didn't have a clutch. It's just muscle memory I guess.

Obviously you're a moronic fucking autofag, otherwise you'd never assume that manual drivers would move their clutch foot on the brake pedal just because they're sitting in an autotragic. This issue simply doesn't exist, it won't come to anyone's mind. The thing that's more prevalent is grabbing the gear shift in an auto.

>Projecting this hard

Yeah, it's totally uncommon to be used to having your left foot on the leftmost pedal

I don't do this.

But the brake pedal is still in the same spot as it's always been, and I never have my left foot in that spot.

I drive this way.
I also drive manual by alternating my clutch foot with the break instead of the gas with the break.

FIRST OF ALL IS THERE EVEN A GOD DAMN FUCKING DIFFERENCE !???

SECOND OF ALL WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK !!??

THIRD OF ALL I DRIVE WITH ONE FOOT COVERING THE CLUTCH & BRAKE PEDAL AND ONE FOOT COVERING THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL

FOURTH OF ALL I HAVEN'T HAD AN INCIDENT OR ACCIDENT IN 20 YEARS USING THIS METHOD

WHATS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!??

PRO-TIP; it don't fucking matter

>getting this triggered
Calm down, Sempai.
This is merely a Argentinian Roach Racing Forum.

They don't, but I was wondering why all Europeans everywhere do this.

But it's still the left most pedal in an automatic.

>Inb4 emergency brake pedal

Super lame troll attempt

he denied, you fucking speng

So what? It's not in a place that your left foot ever touches.

Oh, shit, a two inch difference.

You have a piano in your footwell?

thread succeeded as a direct attack on muricans

10/10 would reply again

ps: americans only drive in ovals and make shitty cars with plastic interior, the only good engineers they have are germans, they are on the verge of a huge economical crisis and their president is putins cuck.

keep on rocking in the free world !

why not? if you don't have three pedals, it should be natural to brake with left foot.

Yeah I don't know anyone who does

Nigga both my brother and I exclusively drove Manuel cars from ages 12 or so (and pretty much every day from age 16) up to our early twenties, and when the family got a slushbox for the first time, the only times I put both feet into the pedals was for left foot braking because understeering motherfucker of a turbodiesel AWD SUV, or to spool up the tarbo and get some go from a stoplight

The dead pedal makes it just natural to rest your left foot, but even without that it's not a call of Mama Nature to have your sole touching/pushing something while driving

Neither my mother, about to be 60 years of age, nor my father, who is 64, nor my brother have ever even hinted at this behavior, and it was the first time for ALL of us driving an automagick

We don't

But you can tell which mouth breathers and elderly bags of bones do this because they look like they are either randomly braking or constantly have their brake lights on

Keeps your turbo spooled when entering a corner

How else am I supposed to left foot brake?

Almost got me there.

>Reds want to hit the gas
>Blues want to hit the brakes

Sounds right

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-foot_braking

>Americans
>corners

americans don't have a driving test.

Yes they do......

because F1 drivers do the same

no they don't.
they drive around 4 traffic cones and eat a burger.

I don't know why I laughed hard at this kek.

i am american and i drive like this
what kind of unconfident autist only drives with one foot?

false again fucking retard my god yuropoors are so fucking stupid and culturally insensitive.

My test in texas involved a taco burger. fucking idiot

>if i use 2 feet i will crash XD

I've literally only heard or seen about this twice in my 40 something years of life, once when I was young and riding with a 15 year old new driver, and on this tv show

I've got to do it to double-clutch my truck, but that's it. (1961 f100)

Oh, really, so why was I being graded on how often I check my mirrors, 90o back, turning, straight back, parallel parking, regular parking, stopping, changing speed zones, et cetera? As a matter of fact, there wasn't even any traffic cones involved in the test, and it would have been an automatic fail if I had had food in my hands instead of the steering wheel.

Nobody rides on the brake while accelerating.

i do so i can see what it feels like to drive a manual
i also shift between N and D at red lights. my brake lights won't light up so people think i'm driving a manual

>N and D at red lights
Really?
Fucking really?

I sometimes do it, holdover from when I drove sprint cars.

They don't that's why we need fucking shit like "hill start assist" on automatics. The average person can barely handle controlling one foot eg. That "I forgot my foot was on the gas pedal" incident a while ago.

You're going to get rear ended and pushed under a truck one day.

How can people do this?
I tried braking with my left foot because my right foot was itching like a motherfucker (I was at a red light, coming to a halt), and it felt awkward as shit. Like I can't get a good feel of the pedal and just brake too hard.

what's wrong with left foot braking? Just dont be an autist and its super easy and safe.
>mfw quicker braking in imergencies
>mfw neutral balance around corners
>mfw i can still jump to the clutch if a have to cuz it takes just as long to move both feet over one pedal each as it does to more one foot from brake to gas
>mfw im not retarded so I dont jam the throttle when I left foot brake in emergencies

>my brake lights won't light up so people think i'm driving a manual
wait what

do the rear lights not light up if I'm driving manual and in neutral

>not left foot braking
this is why you are slow

tip a:
be left handed, so doing stuff with your left foot will come easier
tip b:
if autotragic, just try useing the gas with your left foot on the highway. If manual, go down a hill, go neutral, then just touch the brake with lefty until you dont slam your face into the dash and can still stop

aw fuck yeah an impulse

Geezers, mainly. You'll see the brake lights blinking or on continuously even as they pull away from a stop sign. But stock in brake component companies.

Related question: Wasn't the fix for Toyota unintended acceleration to cut the throttle if the brake was just touched?