[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Welcome back melandri please kick rea's arse edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Erotic Roleplay
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map & virgin locator
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? take a looky-poo at this

>Webbums with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=beyIA4ol6DE
youtube.com/watch?v=NclvfqMsB9M
rammount.com/part/RAM-B-149Z-UN10U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if it fits perfectly go for it, you can generally get custom fit leathers for the price of dainese one size fits all leathers though (like gimoto)

what year is that bike

Daily reminder that the R3 may not be the best bike, but it is the ultimate meme bike.

Also post your bikes.

>tfw find xr650r on cl near you but can't buy it

needs more zorst

?

>cat house
what a fucking homo cuck beta nu-male cuckold pls kys vic

topkek, sound clip pls

Woah, nice bike

>he doesnt have a shed cat
youtube.com/watch?v=beyIA4ol6DE

10/10

im not a cuckold like you homo

>tfw no rsv or tuono

Cheers bruv

If i met you id probably throw my potatoes at you

it's going to be 70 degrees tomorrow

It's going to snow tomorrow

that sucks

Send help

what's a good size bike to do track days on? Are 250s too small? I'm not a new rider, ridden lots of different bikes on the road, but never on a track. Care more about having fun than breaking the sound barrier on the straight

2t and the old 90s i4 250s are okay for tracks if they are available in your area. But larger would generally be a better idea

I'd get at least a 500 or 650

Alright /dbt/, selling my 2015 CBR300R back to a dealer at a loss since I don't wanna deal with the payments anymore.
>Yes, financing one was dumb as fuck, and no it's not because I can't afford it anymore
So my question is, what should be a price I can reasonably shoot for with them? I wanna say $2.5k is what I'm ideally hoping for, but obviously that's probably not gunna happen. So what number would I be closer to looking at?
>7.3k miles
>Has slight scrapes on the side, but was like that when I bought it from them
>Yoshimura exhaust
>Recently rebuilt engine by said dealer, due to a recall on a rod bearing

>Financing a 300R
I am laughing at your life

I completely flushed my brakes last month and got some air in the system, I thought I had got it all out afterwards but my brakes are still a bit spongey. Will I need to completely flush them to get it out or just pump fluid through until I dont see bubbles?

It was a dumb decision, I know. But fuck it, it helped my credit quite a bit, and I'm ready to move on, and put the money towards rebuilding my ZX11

>are 250s too small

no, getting on track in the first place is more important than having the perfect bike for it.

>Care more about having fun than breaking the sound barrier on the straight

power is fun on a track because you can actually use it and if you have more power that's more shit to struggle to get down on corner exit and a more extreme braking zone on the next corner so that's like 1/2 of the experience improved, not just on straights.

Also while it might be fun to pass faster bikes on the corners, it ain't fun when they blast past you on the straights and they ride all over the track like the crazy yuppies they are and you need to find a way around them that doesn't involve you dying because they're nutjobs, if you have the same power as these guys they're much easier to handle because you'll be faster everywhere, not just corners.

Listen to a smarter more experienced guy than me talk about the differences between smaller and bigger bikes in track riding though, don't bother listening to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=NclvfqMsB9M

>financing a shitbike
>buying a 300cc ptwin
>unironically buying Honda
>returning it for a loss
Lmao'ing @ ur life

>aftermarket exhaust

>just overtake em on the corners bro

>Aftermarket exhaust on a single

See
Came with it, not something I did myself.

i like the sounds of a 4 stroke single.

You are wrong

Lol

Acquire a dirt bike

Good morning!

Me too, it vibrates my dildo just right. Makes me leak precum everywhere from that perfect prostate stimulation.

sorry i should clarify like on dirt bikes.

like a high strong race one.

>ultimate meme bike

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

this sounds good

fuck off baird go climb a fountain

which one?

Do you have a good video of it?

Why are they called motorcycles if you don't cycle it?

Nah, I don't have a good enough mic. There's some on JewTube tho

>4 stroke singles
>sounding good
Lets be real, They sound like farts in a can.
Because a motorcycle is pic related.
They are motorbikes.

Guys; I passed all the inductions, tests, rider skill tests, interviews ETC.

I'm now a motorcycle postman.
Riding pic related, same getup too.

I love riding low powered bikes but this thing was insane, you take a 110 then slap 30kg's of mail onto it with parachutes for panniers.
It's so much fun because everything wants to kill you; bike included.

I'll likely hate it in a few months time.
Hopefully I gitgud at slow ridding from all this though peeps.
/blog.

The MRD on my DRZ sounded great. The FMF didn't sound great but didn't sound bad.

>that fucking hat
I'd wear a full face helmet because I don't hate my teeth but it's up to you. Would love to do that job part time if it was a thing in my country.

Neat. UK I'm guessing?

Straya cunt

The job only supplies half face helmets. Can't use your own for 'liability' reasons.
Shit sucks, i like my jaw too.

Australia.

Was it hard to get hired? I want to get a work visa for Australia and do it for a little while.

It was a little tricky; Mostly it was a long time from first application to now. I first applied in November last year; went to the interview in late November; did the inductions last week and my tests and skill courses this week.
The holiday period would be part to blame.

That said; some locations do have shortages so new staff are always needed. That's how I got the job; 5 people quit at once and the guy called me back and said; you're hired- i need posties.

Nah it sounded like farts in a can, drz's never sound nice.
maybe an rmz.

and oh; That all said. It's not all that hard now i think about it.

Just look like you know the area a little; be keen to deliver stuff, like motorbikes (and know how to ride them too) And just be ok to follow the ridiculous amounts of corporate control and ethics.

If the Manager likes you; he'll usually put you through the motions as there are lots of places the corporate team can say 'nah, you're not going to work out'
but if they see you'll follow the rules and ride well; you'll likely get a job if there's one open.

>hound your superiors to get your a full face helmet every day, citing reasons of safety
>keep documentation of them saying no
>suddenly get into accident and sustain injuries that would have been prevented were you allowed a full face helmet
>...
>sue auspost for millions

do it famalam

ded riders = ded thred

Just rode my bike under the rain and my gear and I are soaked. Just got home, I'm gonna take a hot shower and eat something to feel better. What do you guys eat after a cold ride or after riding under the rain to feel comfy?

Can't get comfy when I ride to work in the rain, shit sucks famalam.

When I ride home I'd make some chunky beef stew.

Turtletron didn't post in /dbt/

Baird what are you riding these days? Last I saw you crashed the gold wing.

2017 Husqvarna 701
2002 Ninja 250
1995 KX250
2009 DRZ400 (recovered in Oakland 3 months later)

Nice, why 4 bikes though? Isn't insurance for all of them pretty silly?

What the DRZ looks like right now

Husky is 900/year
Ninja and KX aren't registered, bought them both off friends trying to dump them for cheap, going to get around to flipping them eventually.
DRZ isn't insured, rebuilding the engine and then the rest of it eventually

Gotta clean out the hobo piss

My rain gear is like a fucking hot condom so it keeps me warm and dry which is great in the fall/winter and not so much in the spring/summer

>900 a year
Christ on a cracker. To insure both my bikes is around $250 a year

Spoke to a KTM dealer who also imports Yamahas.

He tried to suggest I check out a 690 since I was looking at ordering an MT07.

I voiced concern about KTM's reliability history and he almost flipped his lid.

Is his right or are dbt memers right?

I'm 23, it's full coverage, on a 2017 $14k bike, and CA jacks it up. Would have been $600 but I have driving on suspended license ticket on my record. Raised it from 900 to 2200 for Progressive, so not I have some noname company the dealer hooked me up with.

This is a KTM 690 SMC with the most recent engine update from the KTM 690 Duke The non-racebikes are very reliable, there's a reason they've been in the adventure market forever.
Oil change intervals are 6000mi, only widespread issue with the engine was fixed a few years ago.

Was that from yellow group on that hot as fuck Sunday in January?

I did two sessions that day in yellow and it was a circus. There were guys there running low 1:40s all the way through to a guy on an aprilia 250 that one of the flaggies clocked at a 2:35 hot lap.

Had a guy on a brand new R1 stuff it up the inside of me into turn one and then smash the brakes at the apex. Fucking scary crowd, green group was booked solid so I just went down to white group instead and, weirdly, the pace was better.

You would be better off selling it to a new rider and taking that cash to pay off the bike. Dealerships DO NOT give you a good price for trade ins and buy backs. They are going to offer a price that will allow them to sell it to someone else for a profit quickly.

Hey dude which ram mount do you have in the drz? I need one for my Nexus 6.

nah this was in november, yellow tho.

There was some ducati day going on so there were heaps of fuckos on ducatis in my group who thought they were better than they were, we were sharing a pitbox with them and they were bragging about how many people they overtook when they came back to the box (It sounds like i'm making this up but I'm not) , there was a guy on a black 848 who requested to be moved up to green group and I'd overtaken him at least 5 times that day (he was the fastest yuppie though).

No trying to be hardcore here (hurr I overtook them so much!!) but they all should have been in white group.

X Grip with the handlebar clamp. You can get a bolt to replace one of your bar clamp bolts with that has the ball on it, or one to go into an open steering neck that are also good options.

Does it matter which size? I'll probably get the handlebar clamp though. Thanks my dude

You need you use the large X mount if you are using a N6.

rammount.com/part/RAM-B-149Z-UN10U

You didn't ask but I have some cheap $10 one from Amazon that works really well. Did 180km/h with it on the freeway and it didn't fall off.

I want to rewrap my exhaust but it looks like such a pain in the ass. Have to cut holes in it and snake it through the whole thing.

Might be quicker to just completely take the pipes off to wrap it.

Nice thanks guys.

Nah, yellow group is the designated retard group these days. White is best left for new comers so they aren't dealing with inconsistent lines+corner rushing all at once.

If you're running consistent times and have an idea of your lines just move up to green and improve your times. There's plenty of separation between the packs.

With stay upright running it now there's less consistency among groups. I can run a better pace in white than yellow. Yellow is all about corner charging and hard braking right at entry, so it makes passing them impossible (hence your video). People going in on a decent line into T2 and running so wide that you practically have to pass them on the grass. Whereas if you are in white group they are running stupid wide before entry into T2 and you can nick up the inside without interfering with them at all.

I was riding around on my old XT-350.

It made a bad knocking sound then lost all compression. If I push it in gear now I hear the same knocking sound.

>It`s fucked anit lads?

sounds fucked to me. Did you try starting it?

Why do people use this shit? It's not even waterproof.

It can`t, just that knocking sound. Push and kick. There is no compression.

Why do you say 'lost compression'?

The knocking sound when you're pushing it sounds like you might have a loose drum or a bent shift fork (you might end up with the latter if you've made a really bad downshift or something).

I used mine for GPS navigation when riding my bike.

Is $65 for 4L of Motul 300V full synthetic highway robbery or a good price?

Engine started slowing then stalled quickly. When I try to kick start it I can`t feel any thing. Normally it gets hard after you pump it one or two times then you kick it.

I said it's not waterproof, not that it doesn't have a use.

Daily reminder bikers are the niggers of the road.
No one likes you, An the people that think you are cool are only you