I drove after drinking three beers today and I honestly don't see what the big deal is...

I drove after drinking three beers today and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Kept the speed limit and cruised along, didn't run any lights, didn't hold up traffic or drive aggressively. I cruised along at the speed limit, checked my shoulders and everything when I needed to, and I was driving a stick shift. If anything, I was at times actually driving better than I would totally sober.

I was the only one in my driver's ed class able to walk a straight line while wearing the drunk simulator helmet. you can cause an accident if you aren't drunk. You have to have an ego to start with, for it to get multiplied by the drugs.

Well then I'm going to be a great driver because I hate myself.

just smoke weed dude, lol. like chill, lmao.

Weed is a degenerate nigger drug.

>being this triggered
why tho? it's just weed

Not triggered. In all seriousness, I just never saw the appeal. I've done a lot of drugs when I was a teen bug weed somehow just never caught on with me. I just don't enjoy how it makes me feel. I can just feel myself getting dumber when I smoke it, and not in a good way.

am i supposed to care?

You sound low IQ. Did you smoke?

>"waaaaah! nobody wants to read my blog!"
>"y-you sound low iq!"""!! ;_;
lel

Bump for more mad

whether you can do all that is irrelevant, it's your reaction time that's affected you subhuman trash.

Hence why you need to drive no faster than the speed limit and look far ahead of you.

>hence why

>I drove after drinking three beers today
Three beers ain't shit. I could drink 3 beers by accident during breakfast. Fuckin lightweights

Three bottles of american pisswater are hardly enough to have an impact

If it makes you feel any better, they were euro beers.

>I drove after drinking three beers today
thats not alot user

Is is when your a dainty 100 pound man

I don't know, I was pretty tipsy. I think if I had one less beer I would be good, but after three I was feeling a little anxious about doing it because everyone always says that drinking and driving is the worst thing you can ever do. If I could avoid it, I would have, but I had to get home somehow and couldn't leave the car so I took the chance. My motor skills were fine and so was my vision. It helped that there wasn't heavy traffic because it was late in the evening.

Functioning alcoholic here
I can drive fine but I generally avoid doing so because I dont want to go to jail. Just because you can doesnt make it a good idea to do so.

>I drove after drinking three beers
so what? I bet they were american beers too.
3 is not a lot even with real beer

I just posted here because I felt the need to talk to someone about what I'd done. I always thought that I would never be one to drink and drive, but a lot of people seem to do it and even egg you on to do it if you had only a couple of drinks. If you think of it, the law is kind of stupid since there's no way to avoid drinking and driving in some cases. How the hell are you supposed to get home? And what if the place you parked doesn't allow you to leave your care overnight, or what if there's a time limit (ie, you parked in a public space and the meter only lets you pay up to two hours)? Yeah, I didn't want to do it. I just felt a rush after making it home safe so I posted the thread.

>indoctrinate young people that drinking and driving is "the worst thing you can ever do"
>drinking and driving goes down but everyone under 30 is on their phone on facebook
>"not looking where im going, no big deal its not like I had 2 and a half beers"

accident death rates have been halved since the 70s

checking your phone is objectively safer than drinking and driving

>lol it's just one beer bro

The advantage of being a habitual drinker is that your tolerance goes down so when you have one or two beers, they hardly have an effect.

not op but he's right it's an absolute degenerate nigger drug.
What's the point of drawing yourself away from being able to perform unless you have no life or are literally a degenerate nigger.
Never appealed to me.

*tolerance goes up

>"stop having fun! now!!1 ;_;"

You must remember that blood-alcohol limits are conceived with 18 year-old Asian females in mind. An Asian chick could consume two glasses of champagne, be under the limit, and yet be a real danger to anyone nearby.
An experienced, competent driver, on the other hand, who can handle his booze, is no danger to anyone.
Been driving 33 years.
Been driving professionally 17 years.
Driven over the .05 limit at least 1000 times.
No at-fault accidents.
Never caught.

>If anything, I was at times actually driving better than I would totally sober

Why is this always said by people who drive under the influence? Not to mention, what you might have assumed was good driving, doesn't mean it actually was. I think the countless drunk driving deaths every year should be the sole reason of why you shouldn't drive under the influence of anything, or tired, cellphone, etc., even if it's only a "few beers". The legal limit is set for a reason.

Yeah if you have to abuse substance to have fun, you're on the wrong board kiddo.
Fuck pot and spend time building cars, trust me it's the best thing you can do.

>If I could avoid it, I would have, but I had to get home somehow and couldn't leave the car so I took the chance.

It's like peering into the mindset of a future DUI holder.

>if I could avoid it, I would have

Maybe try a cab? Walking? Calling someone for a ride? Just don't drive your car to the bar at all.

>no way to avoid drinking and driving in some cases

It's actually incredibly obvious; don't drink if you're going to need to drive, or use a magical process called forethought to, while completely sober, consider the logistics of your activities. If you know you need to fuck off at/before 1AM then you can safely assume that 11PM is probably not the appropriate time to slam 8 shots of tequila or whatever. If you can't track your drinking either by count or by sensation even as you become further inebriated, you probably shouldn't be drinking in the first place. Ounce of prevention for a pound of cure and all that.

Even at 0.08 BAC for a non manlet-among-manlets that's like N[hours]+2 drinks and still being legal to drive. Being expected to not willfully and irresponsibly endanger the lives around you is NOT stupid or oppressive; get your binge on at home or in a place you can stay put for a while and sober up once the booze runs out.

okay, dude.

I wasn't at a bar I was having dinner. My plan was to call a cab and leave the car but you can't do that.

I am not planning to do it again. I felt bad about doing it in the first place, although there is a legal blood alcohol level for driving.

Im not saying its something bad
"The law" is just a stupid social contruct so it doesnt matter
I know the adrenaline feeling and if you are pretty good at driving sober its more muscle memory that kicks in. Ive had people tell me I drive better than they do even when drunk.

>My plan was to call a cab and leave the car but you can't do that.

Then call ahead. Or call a buddy to come get you. It's never worth it to drink and drive. The possible 30 dollar ticket will always be worth it over killing someone or having your license revoked. Come on son, stop trying to justify it. It was a reckless thing to do.

>t. rationalizing that it's actually ok drink and drive if it doesn't really give you a buzz

How about just don't drink at drive at all? I find it amazing how hard it is for people to resist being stupid. Same kind of people that ruin shit for everyone else.

>mindlessly letting the law do his thinking for him
>feeling smug about his own mindlessness

You know when drunk people believe they are not drunk or visibly drunk even though they wobble about and slur? That's you.

I never drink beer. Its so awful. How can you lads enjoy that disgusting poison? I literally have to vomit after a minimum of 3 gulps

Three beers. Drunk.

You know when people believe they are not talking shit online or visibly talking shit online even though they clearly are? That's you.

Spotted one of em.

3 beers could be anything between 3 Faxe Extra Strong (1L @ 10%) and 3 Jever Light (0,33L @ 2,7%)

>drivers ed class
>drunk helmet
Lmao what kind of retarded spongebob boating school shit is that

I drove home drunk after getting completely hammered at a new years eve party and it was probably the safest I've ever driven, because I didn't want to attract attention. I know the punishment of any traffic infraction I get would be multiplied by a huge amount for also being drunk at the time, so I don't fuck around after drinking because I want to keep my license. I normally speed and rip hektik skidz when I'm sober.

Drunk driving laws are to control the normalfag retards who can't find the balls to act out UNLESS they're drunk, and then get in accidents because they don't have the experience or muscle memory to control the car at those speeds.

You can totally do both, you fucking edgelord. Neck yourself.

>tolerance goes up

What happens is that you learn to compensate for slowed reactions. The result being performance that appears to be normal.

So what you're saying is that drunk drivers are invincible.