Is it weird that I, as a single 28 year old man, want a Buick Roadmaster Wagon?

Is it weird that I, as a single 28 year old man, want a Buick Roadmaster Wagon?

Any one else /wagon/ here?

Wagons are the cars that make the most sense in my opinion.

normies might think it's weird but we wont

I wish they never went out of style.

Minivans and crossovers are cancer.

if last gen buick roadmasters were cocks, i'd suck them in an instant and wouldn't even need to say "no homo" afterwards

>Roadmaster

Solid choice.

>Carries 8 people
>Tailgate folds out both ways, rear facing seat is great for tailgate parties
>Seats fold flat for cargo space
>You and another person could comfortably sleep in the back of one with the seats folded
>Still gets 22mpg on the highway with a torquey V8
>Comfy suspension that's like a couch on wheels

What's not to like?

Hot.

Probably, but it also means you are a man of superior taste. Wagons are the shit.

They never did. IN EUROPE.

>posting 320hp 4WD Regal wagon never gets old

I figure my friends would laugh at me... until we all pile in and go for a roadtrip in absolute style and comfort.

They've gotta pay for gas, though.

not a true 4WD
>haldex shit
might as well just get an A3 sportback

>Minivans and crossovers are cancer.
Don't forget truckUVs, even though they are pretty practical for work related uses.

Giant hatch is giant and features a second set of lights so you can drive around with it open and the load sticking out.

And what work would that be?

As long as they're honest body-on-frame and RWD/4WD I have no problem with them.

The faux FWD unibody trucks can fuck right off.

Can we have a single thread without someone bringing up SUVs or pickup trucks for no reason?

No it isnt weird. Its practical and stylish but don't expect to get any women walking up to you in it because they will think you are a pedophile.

Nothing wrong with a wagon, there's a reason I have 3 of them.

How about you learn to disregard things, perhaps that'd work.

I have a mindful nature.

>Says he has to get a more expensive car with less boot space just because it doesn't have a "proper" 4-wheel drive system

Dude, what? Stop taking crap, give your backside a chance

Okay, can we move on now?

Yes we will.
That is a nice wagon to be honest

Fuckin' finally.

It's one of my dream cars. First gen Pontiac Tempest. Had IRS, a transaxle and a (optional) aluminium block V8 before the Corvette did. Hope there's one left on a junkyard somewhere in America for me. Also the Buick and Olds body panels interchange.

Can we have a single thread without someone bringing up anything car related for no reason?

we alreadly have lots of these every day

they appear to awesome in every aspect
but its an unreliable POS

My coworker uses his suv as a "cargo suv" to transport shit because he was too cheap buy an old van. But it gets the job done, so i cant complain.

Any ideas on reliable upscale wagons for reasonable money in Europe? Already considering V70s. E-Classes seem either rather old or really unreliable and rusty. Audis and BMWs aren't an option because merely owning one in Germany already makes you a ginormous twat.

i have three words for you, my fellow yuropoor

skoda
superb
combi

like seriously

But they've only produced wagons of it since 2008 which is a bit new and expensive for me unless I wanna buy the most run down base model example I can find, and I've got mixed feelings about VAG.

>basically reinforce my decision to buy a V70

Roadmaster wagonhas charm.
I bet girls get wet at the sole thought of getting banged in that comfy trunk.
[spoiler]You gotta be hot though.[/spoiler]

not like you said anything about your budget or timeframe.

Planning for 5k€ to 8k€, could theoretically stomach 10k€ for a really nice car.

why does the roadmaster sedan have a more different front end, but the station wagon looks like the caprice?

My guess is they were too cheap and/or lazy to create different DiNoc for the Roadmaster fenders. It swaps over though, as does the Fleetwood front.

Enjoy your exhaust fumes entering the cabin due to the back pressure caused by the wagon's stupid aerodynamics.

I have always wanted one.

I will.

you seem to have bought into the VAG is bad meme, but for that money you can get a really good A6 avant with some 240hp.

>tfw no 650hp Stagea so you can take the Wangan route back home from the supermarket

>implying Japs buy this much food at a time like Americans do and don't stop at the grocery store every day after work with their bicycle basket

>buy milk
>get milkshake

Top kek, lad

my dream car is an amc eagle

It wasn't just the Roadmaster, the Custom Classic also had a Caprice sedan front end with a different grille- and unlike the other two, the Olds didn't even have a sedan format because GM in their infinite wisdom had already made the 88 and 98 run on a smaller FWD platform years prior.

Not really if you're not a faggot.
5.7 LT1 can be hot rodded.
Solid rear, GM 12 bolt, any gear you want, maybe Impala with posi.
Plenty of aftermarket support for suspension parts.
Ditch the rear seat and you have a kick ass parts hauler.
Buick so it has a little bit of luxury and Damn near indestructible because its a SBC wagon.

What would the last gen Panther bodies look like as wagons, i.e. if Ford hadn't stopped the Colony Park and Country Squire?

>lt1

Some guy took an aero vic and put a bubble Taurus wagon back on it. Looks kinda weird to me. Pop's up for sale every now and then.

I mean, I guess it kind of works, but ideally the rear windows would smooth out all the way to the fenders instead of having that weird XC70-esque ridge, but I guess that's not possible without heavily modifying the quarter panels.

Ya, not much you can do though when the Taurus is narrower though. I'll stick with my boxes.

Sure is boxy.

Nigga have you ever heard of dbt

And your problem is?
Sometimes you need a box to do box things.

Good call user.

Someday I'll bring the old girl back to life.

I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 wagons, but I don't know which to buy.

Which would you choose? manual swaps are not out of the question and engine swaps are probably feasible

I love Cressida's but I'd probably go SWEDEN YES in this case.

Does the Cressida have the radio that beeps out Happy Birthday on your birthday? If so, go with that, if not, go for the good ol' Swedish brick.

i've always considered the wood trim the pedo edition. so personally i would avoid the wood panels.

ive been thinking about getting a wagon myself though

Not at all mang. Couldn't be happier with my 18 foot people hauler. Slow as shit but the torque really helps out

Superb wagons bros

agreed, ive always thought that if someone ownes one of thesee that they are obligated to start touching kids

that only happened with the vettes and camaros, gm fixed most of that when they started putting them in the b bodies and if you wanted to you could easily put in a bigger radiator cause the b bodies had more room in the engine bay

Those Oldsmobile grilles from the CC look sharp on the caprice classics. Kinda want to track one down for mine.

Yeah, they look pretty sharp (wish it had more squared off outside lamps like the Roadmaster sedan though), although the halo eyes on that specific car have got to go. If nothing else, it's a glance at what the 88 should have looked like at the end of its life instead of... this.

Yeah, it's weird.

It wouldn't be weird if you were in High School and having HIgh School fun in one like banging bitches after beer parties, or college road trips and camping and banging bitches.

But 28 and a roadmaster looks like a new hipster trend like they all drive old GM A-bodies around here now. In essence, you'd look like a fucking degenerate loser.

Get a V70. You are well past the age of having HIgh School or College fun.

>hipsters driving A-bodies
I'm assuming you mean the FWD ones from the 80's and 90's and not the older intermediate FR A-bodies (Cutlass, Tempest, Chevelle, Special), right?

TruckUVs have a definite place in society, it's just that many people driving them have no use for them that could not also be fulfilled by a wagon.

Yeah, those RWD barges are not ironic enough.

One of the biggest millenial bearddouches at work rolled up in an absolute MINT Pontiac 6000 STE with AWD the other week. I don't know where the fuck he found it. Us Veeky Forumstists could spend years searching for something like this and never find it. I'll give hipsters one thing, they are dedicated little shits in acquiring just the "right" materialistic item. Even though it is a blatent reversal of the ironic ethos.

I hope a tree falls on it.

18 here and saving up for a Lincoln srs. come at me.

I've gone down a similar hipster train of thought.
>AWD Astro with a LS based veeyate from a truck, probably an LM7.

>I'm a Buick fan
>I'm a wagon fan
I have yet to own a Roadmaster though

I'm always looking for Electra Wagons though, they're smaller and apparently handled well for an American wagon from the eighties, so I'm thinking it moves like a soap bar in a bathtub.Still want one though

How exactly does a soap bar in a bathtub handle?

It doesn't, it just goes all over the place

>thatsthejoke.jpeg

Tell him that he's a creep and his 6000 SUX is for losers.

v60 polestar or bust

>not hooning a p80 or p2 chassis
>not liking v8 wagons
your opinion a shit