/lite/ RogueLITE General

Samson's Abs edition

last thread:
>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

bindingofisaac.com/post/156705677269/the-boosting-of-isaac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for i want to fuck guppy

How much should i be farming the first few sectors in ftl

don't farm the fleet, it gives you nothing
you should always go to as many beacons as you can, you should even go past the exit if you have an easy way to escape the exit beacon (for example cloaking)

Thanks for making new thread. I was asleep.
If you're on Hard, you should leave your shit idling versus a low-level ship who has 0 chance of penetrating Shields to build up points in your Captain, Engineer, and Shielder, then rotate the three to the other of those 3 Posts until all your Crew are capped in those 3 Skills.

DELETE THIS

Should i still be doing this in later sectors or only the first few
I can't even finish a run on normal, let alone hard.

Can Bethany/The Lost still go to Mausoleum even though they can't have spirit hearts?

>Bethany
Her Soul Heart supply is drawn from 4 Hearts (cause each heart picked up gives 2) to enter.
>Lost
It does the "Give a Soul heart" animation once, then he just slides through. The door opens when you leave.

She can you need at least 4 of the spirit heart token charge things to give to the door.

WHAT GAME IS THIS

Has anyone here played catacomb kids? How is it?

I will never understand why did they have to make monk the worst fucking character.
At least my Aria all zones run was kinda fun, this is just pure pain. You can't even have fun with monk.

you should always do it, there's no reason to rush to the exit

Are you liking using warhammer on monk? I was thinking it wouldnt be good because it does splash damage so its harder to manage the gold piles

>fuck you if you don't have flying

Not at all.
>Stand at bottom below right spike
>When it goes down and they spit (it lines up), run up, up left, up a bit more, right
>No damage taken at >.9 Speed
That is very much a mechanical skill gate. Or if you're bad, just take the hit.

>last run pray to god for pyromaniac or host hat
>now this shit happens
fuck you edmund

Isn't there supposed to be a teleporter where the card is? I don't see one anywhere else on the map

I'm bad and took damage

No, the card is always the Hanging Man, so you can fly to the other side where the teleporter is.

that card is always hanged man

Do his abs really look that much like pee pee?

>Greedier mode
>buy something with the last few cents you have on a floor
>it's restocked with Pyromaniac

Could you please delete this post, kind user?

Thank you in advance.

>It's another "get all the way through challenge mode just to die on High Dragun" episode

There's some resemblance, but it's not FedEx arrow levels of "CANNOT UNSEE".

also fuck off dumb frogposter etc.

If you really wanted to be immune to explosions, there's still Host Hat.

>on my 5th day going for marathon
>just beat it
>got the Marathon achievement and unlocked cracked crown
but why

You're complaining about Cracked Crown being the reward? It's a straight up stat boost with no downsides if you don't have a really good trinket synergy already.
And it's definitely more satisfying than Ultra Hard.

No I'm wondering why I unlocked it in the first place.
Isn't marathon 30 daily wins in a row?

>spoiler
Why?

beating Ultra Hard unlocks Samson starting with the child's heart trinket. which is totally not worth all the effort put into beating the challenge

Guppy's Paw in Aprils Fool is broken as shit.
You just keep activating it and eventually you'll just exit the floor or end up in the ERROR room

>30 wins
I would kill myself.
Nah, you're thinking of Dedication ('participate' in 31 dailies in a row), which is the more annoying one as they have to be sequential days. You only have to go into the daily though, not win as well.
Marathon's only 5 and they don't have to be one after the other (i.e. you can wait until someone else says what the daily is and skip if it's a bullshit one).

What said.
A more fitting reward would be giving him Lusty Blood or something equally strong.

I got IV bag in my run. Can you imagine how broken it is having every active item randomized being able to spam it as much as possible?

Beware though, you could end up rolling Plan C.
Same goes for cards, I was a floor or two away from beating it and I used a card that happened to be suicide king

I didn't get kill by Suicide King tho, instead Mom stomped me, also, got Guppy's Head and got killed by Bloat because some item that fired one giant tear but reduced my whole hp to half heart.

Dedication is 30 completed runs in 30 consecutive days, not won.
Marathon is 5 Wins in a row.

What's the difference between a completed run and a won run?

Completed = You died or you won.

I've never tried breaking Greed Mode before, but this is pretty fun.

999 in the machine here I cum

Is that Afterbirth or +?
If it's just After, ez 999. If it's +, you'll get like a hundred.

I've been holding off on buying + until I 100% Afterbirth, and until they patch it some more, so 999 easy.

is there a difference between doing a rerun through the main menu as opposed to going through the Dark Room?

rerun disables unlocks while victory lap does not.

>about to get the marathon achievement
>use the razor blade for the buff
>get instakilled by the haunt

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The last 15 days have all been extremely easy dailys however.

Just imagine how messy the Dailies will get a few months from now with all them custom items and occasionally a custom character.
>Inb4 to celebrate a Booster Pack, there will be a special Daily featuring a New Character and a specific Seed to show off combinations of new and old items

i've choked so hard from the stupidest shit

>mfw the Witness

I have no idea how I would've beaten it if I wasn't Azazel with Polyphemus and Triple Shot

Also does it only end your playthrough the first time you beat him like the Hush, and then you can continue on to the chest/dark room?

Are there any secrets in corpse or is it just pretty much the womb (no shops/treasure)

If only I could get through all of them without my game crashing

Witness is currently the end of the road.
They have plans though.
No secrets beyond the usual Secret Room and Super Secret Room.
Now go unlock the Planetarium.

BRAVO

>no alternate Cellar, Catacombs, Necropolis or Utero
>no alternate Cathedral or Sheol for the hell of it either

Or you know, have alternate floors be unique instead of the same shit with extremely minor differences

Cellar, Catacombs, Necropolis, and Utero are themselves alternates for Basement, Caves, Depths, Womb.
Would be more interesting if Isaac as a whole was reworked slightly.
>Basement, etc. is the basic path
>Cellar, etc. is an alternate path full of harder bullshit overall and altered item drops to balance it out
>Burning Basement, etc. is a another alt path with harder bullshit, but in a different way (everything being on fire for example)
>Actually put effort into Flooded Caves
>Instead of making it all just skins

They have (a few) different sets of enemies so it's something, I guess. Sadly nothing at Antibirth's level.

>That one fucking 2X2 room is Basement full of flies and 4 Blastulas or whatever the hopping fetus things from Blastocysts are called
>The Cellar version has about 45% of the Flies replaced with Spiders that make the room a total clusterfuck of why

my framerate is really taking it in the ass

>Effort into the flooded caves

it is and its called downpour

>hammer time, gull's revenge and high stress
>literally anybody in existence thinking those should be in the game

What the fuck

At least you will give some usage at that 2 of Hearts

>Hammer Time
Keep moving, retard!
>Gull's Revenge
Keep moving, retart!
>High Stress
Don't get hit, retort!

>move
>get hit by enemies
>still get hit by the hammer projectiles
>the explosion happens where I was moving to

>don't get hit
>high dragun literally has unavoidable attacks

blacksea odyssey

It's a joke. It's not balanced yet, just wait a while if it's too much for you.

I think it's literally been like 60 hours since I last had mama gurdy as a bossfight

mamamia!

>unavoidable attacks
sounds like someone needs to git gud

Same, also I want to fight Blastocyst too.

>Just unlocked The Keeper
>Might as well try it
>Get Tech X holy shit
>Rush through all the lower floors
>Boss rewards are either HP up or Shot speed up (both are useless to me)
>Treasure rooms are filled with useless spacebar items like Notch Axe, Dataminer, Fucking Chad
>Boss rush has Sister Maggie, The Straw, Black Bean and some other useless shit
>Die to Blastocyst cornering me into a spiked floor in a corner (because of course it's fucking curse of darkness

God damn it im mad.

Thanks user, your post made me git gud.

There's literally no reason why the Keeper can't get HP upgrades, or at least get up to 3 HP. This steak is shit.

Greed's Gullet :^)

>there could be a Keeper challenge that unlocks Greed's Gullet and Money = Power to make him less terrible and keep the money theme (the head would be way too much though)
>but nope here have sticky nickles, A FUCKING PENNY and Samson with a heart

>Implying anyone wants fun and not just a tougher steak to chew on
Yes, it's horse shit and I hate what they did to the game.

Yes, I'd rather if AB+ did more challenges than just 5.

bindingofisaac.com/post/156705677269/the-boosting-of-isaac

fug

Yep.
>Just under 2 full months before we get the January Booster Pack

>monthly booster packs
>They're not looking at mods uploaded after January for no actual reason
>Encouraging modders to upload in "seasons" and to reupload their mods repeatedly
>The Jan booster pack will consist entirely of "Lil X" items

I didn't get that out of it.
>January's will release end of March, Feb end of April, etc.

For the particular pack, I mean, though you still have a point.

Yeah. It makes sense, it's just that it's still disappointing.
>Me and probably plenty of others thought we would get some imbalanced and chaotic bullshit and it would be live tested for the sake of fun,
>a week or two of compiling and implementing mods on Nicalis' end, then we spend the rest of the Month more or less "testing" all the shit out before starting over next Month
Oh well.

>tfw you will never make a mod worthy enough of inclusion

>tfw my dumb shitpost mods won't ever be included
>tfw they'll never allow purely aesthetic mods to be used without breaking cheevos

LOL

jojo reference?

What the fuck is the point of Clicker? Is it literally just to cheese a run with an ez character and then click into Keeper/The Lost?

>Manage to pull off amazing run where I was fucked over by Soy Milk as my first item
>Decide to take Polaroid so I can go to the chest
>Find a sacrifice room in Cathedral and get down to The Dark Room
>Get to my second victory lap
>Beat Hush
>Make sure I had picked up The Negative
>Slowly crept down into the pit to Sheol
>I get sent to the Cathedral
>No way to do a victory lap and get Rerun
>The win doesn't count towards my streak for 5 Nights at Mom's
STEEEEEAAAAAKMUUUUUUUND

How about instead of canceling out Maggy's weakness with a pill, Nicalis instead gave her (him) Censer or another Angel item, like Eucharist?

Making Maggy just be Yum Heart Isaac is dumb.

How are you supposed to beat Delirium with The Lost? I wouldn't even mind the boss if his movement patterns weren't so erractic.

Break the game with restock
Get virtually every item
Pick up mama boom
Activate mama boom at womb/uterus 2
Defeat hush and go to void
Defeat delirium

OR

_____________git gud_____________________________________________________________________________________

Try Victory Lapping a few times with someone else, so that on the last one you become The Lost, and are sufficiently strong and gamebreaking enough that you can say fuck you to steak. It's how I got Rerun too.
>Pause
>Double Algiz
>Sack Head
>Smelted Lucky Rock, Fish Tail, Missing Poster
>Infestation 2
>Lord of the Flies
>Dead Cat x 2
>Guppy's Collar
>Guppy
>Taurus with Max Speed
>Sacrificial Dagger

>go into boss or hard room
>Pause
>Taurus procs
>go in and Sacrificial Dagger them to death
>or get spiders to do it for you

I beat him with ~6 damage ~7 tear delay, with my main damage coming from Holy Light.

Just get 2 speed and never fucking stop moving or your asshole will get stomped by Mom.

Or just do the rerun glitch. You can earn achievements from victory laps if you just quit to the title and load the game up again. That's how I got the cheevos for beating The Lamb. 4th rerun turns you into The Lost, so you can get achievements that way, having previously broken a run as Isaac or Eden, saving, and restarting as The Lost.

>FUCK
>JACOB
>AND
>ESAU

Give me one good reason why Keeper shouldn't start with Swallowed Penny.

So that explains why when I victory lapped with Apolloyon, I didn't get the bloodied paper. Well, I just have Azazel, Lazarus, Lost, Keeper and Apolloyon left to beat Delirium with.

I agree. I'll get that Magic Skin eventually.
Because Nicalis and company want the game to have replay value. Giving the player exactly what they need to make a character not a total miserable sack of shit takes a considerable amount of potential replay value out.

>literally can break the game starting from the very first second
Nah

How about Keeper starts with Dad's Lost Coin then?

But very few people are going to willingly play The Keeper. Once I get everything, I'm just going back to Eden runs anyway.

They're not that bad, the only bad thing about them is that they can't use cards and they get separated easily.