What upcoming carbtech are you looking forward to?

What upcoming carbtech are you looking forward to?

For me it's either Freevalve or infiniti's variable compression.

I'm waiting for tech to come up with a good alternative to the push rod.

Still waiting.

Freevalve. Electronically controlled valves rather than cams bruh.

I want someone to make a hybrid running on weber carbs

Push rods keep everything to one cam too.

The freevalve system eliminates camshafts. You essentially get DOHC 4V performance without the required bulk to hold camshafts since there are no camshafts

freevalve is the tech that will keep ICE engines alive. koenigsegg need to hurry up though.

the benefits are outrageous. Infinite, minute control over all the valves. you could have a 6 cylinder NA making 400hp reliably whilst idling at like 400 rpm and getting 50 MPG highway.

I think with the engine they have been prototyping they were able to get rid of around 40% of the head in terms of weight and size.

and think about the reduction in rotating mass by loosing the cams.

ooooohhhh this shit gets my dick hard

Pic unrelated

Fiat has been basically doing that shit for years with multiair.

They did a 1.6 Chinese turbo. These stats are rough, going off memory.
~40% increase in hp/tq, 30% decrease in emissions, 20% better efficiency.

Add the fact that they can cut out the pre-cat by warming the cat faster, separate ports that are atmospheric and turbo sides to control turbo pressure, there's no benefit to direct injection.

Shit's crazy.

The real weak link is the valve springs bruhz

There's no camshafts at all with freevalve. Each valve is actuated completely independently.

>freevalve is the tech that will keep ICE engines alive.

I doubt that. ICE Engines are doomed to die out of popular usage eventually.

lolno multiair is a camshaft with an oil pressure controlled intake. The exhaust is always in the same place, and there's still a camshaft to provide frictional losses

how is it going to last?

It's not a new idea but that cold old steel and steel parts last for fucking ever.

The actuators are made to last as long as the car.

Then what's controlling the pistons?

Well that's not very clear.

100k 200k?

Look I'm not saying that's bad, most timing chains wear out in 250k miles. I'm just curious what they're doing to make this old idea actually viable.

>infiniti's variable compression
Fucking useless.

Variable expansion would net extremely large gains in economy, but the complexity isn't worth it.

In a business sense the "life of the car" is the warranty limit.

The crankshaft like always

really its just air and oil that will be needed to make it run. from what i can understand its constant air pressure with control from the electronics determining what happens to that air.
we've been using ac compressors in cars for ages and they don't ever seem to a major problem. almost all trades people use some sort of air compressor on a regular basis as well so the reliability for the air side of the system should be fine.
we've used sensors in heads and close to moving and extremely hot parts for ages as well so the electronics doesn't seem like it would that unreliable.

the only thing i can think of that will hamper reliability is oil. if these use engine oil to lubricated what i'm assuming are incredibly tight tolerances then we could have problems. a separate oiling system built into the freevalve system would be a better idea. the oil would last a long time and have very little chance of being contaminated.

I've been waiting for freevalve since highschool, fucking when? They've already done it to the cylinder head I use. Just fucking sell me one already.

Which are also called camshafts. Pushrods have had this superior way of eliminating overhead cams long ago.

>what?

no one is arguing that pushrods aren't compact but they suffer from the same problem compared to freevalve that every other valvetrain suffers from. you don't have infinite control over the valves. That is where you gain power and efficiency

crankshafts are not also called camshafts. what the hell are you smoking?
pushrod engines still have camshafts and crankshafts. the cam is just located in the block rather then above the head

>crankshaft = camshaft

Illustrate the cams on a crankshaft sir

THE WORLD'S BEST BAIT

Which pixel is the bait