How often do you polish/ detail your vehicle?

How often do you polish/ detail your vehicle?

If you mean a full blown detail such as outside, inside, and engine bay... then twice a year.

AMC Marlin. Interesting

After the winter realm

almost never

i need a silk car cover to keep the lead dust on the ceiling from accumulating

>How often do you polish/ detail your vehicle?
Detail means a full job. That would be once per year as the sealant is applied then. I have regular waxes and cleaning the other times.

You said "polish" and I never polish. That is abrasive to the clear coat.

fucking nice car

Never polished my car ever. polish the knob daily, though

Before summer

Is that a Marlin?

it has been raining on and off a fuckton here in socal so it would be completely pointless to detail the exterior

luckily It has a 6 month wax on it

Very cool to see some people recognize a marlin! Yes, polishing is abrasive and isn't always necessary, but this is the first time the original paint was touched in 50 years and I think it requires an even more aggressive compound than what I used.

Never. If my car looks too good or costs too much money I won't ever want to drive it like it's designed to do

I only compound or polish if it NEEDS correction. Once the paint has been corrected, you protect it.

As far as protection, I seal it every six months, and spray wax every 3 washes.

This is after I corrected the paint when I bought my car.

That looks awesome. What do you mean by seal? Isn't that what wax does?

The OP picture is my first time with a buffer on 51 year old paint - my expectations were not high.

I just started reading about "sealant" and kind of answered my own question. Is that Infiniti your daily driver?

Where u at Kentucky bro
>Russell county/lake Cumberland here

Sealant is like a polymer that is much tougher than wax. It protects the paint. Wax is something that gives the paint a deep shine because it fills in any imperfections while adding some additional protection to wear away and be easily replaced.

If you think of the paint like skin; the sealant is clothing and the wax is like a wind breaker, taking the brunt of the beating.

Yeah it is

Boone/Covington

I clean as needed. Wax once a month. Full detail once a year when the warm season hits.

Thanks for the info. I've learned so much about metal and bodywork and painting over the past year and a half that what comes AFTER all of this hasn't even crossed my mind.

This kind of work is so satisfying.