I've had a 6.0L powerstroke, 7.3L Powerstroke and my last truck was a 6.7L cummins

I've had a 6.0L powerstroke, 7.3L Powerstroke and my last truck was a 6.7L cummins.

The Cummins had a ton of issues and the fuel economy, front end, and transmission sucked. I'm going back to powerstrokes since I know a lot about fords and like them.

Question is should I buy another 6.0L power stroke? looking for thoughts and opinions.

Thanks.

>should I buy another 6.0L power stroke?

Yeah, If you have market share in coolant and head gasket companies.

>should I buy another 6.0L power stroke?
>6.0L

This question should not even deserve a answer.

They are decent engines once you do the EGR delete and the upgraded oil cooler. The key is doing it early on before it starts causing trouble.

A lot of Ford fuccbois argue that head studs are mandatory, but in my experience they're only necessary if you're going to be tuning it well beyond stock power levels.

The 6.4 that succeeded the 6.0 was far, far worse imho.

>The 6.4 that succeeded the 6.0 was far, far worse imho.

i tought the 6.4 was solid?
or was that the newest 6.7?

That said, im on the same boat as OP.

Looking at 6.0's because there are no 7.3's where i live, letalone in the trim and setup i want. (crew cab lariat or extended lariat)

the 6.7 was Ford's answer to all the sutff Navistar fucked up on the 6.4.

It's super easy to get burned when buying used 6.0s. Look for clean 1 owner trucks, doesn't necessarily have to be bullet proofed if it has low miles.

Look for 2005+ if you want the updated interior and the revamped front suspension. No real reason to buy the 2003-2004 trucks imo.

6.4's are famous for putting pistons through the blocks if you run a tune on stock internals. have seen a few people blow them up so I stayed away. I can find 7.3's no problem but I don't like the 4r100 transmission and fuel economy is similar to 6.7 cummins, trash.

My old 6.0L had zero motor issues my wife talked me into selling it and upgrading to the cummins. good choice for a family pickup and work but I'll never understand why people praise a cummins. most shit trucks ever. lol

my 6.0 was a 2003. the 03 turbos are the biggest ones put on those motors. but then again you can Get a batmowheel, powermaxx or 03 turbo and slap it on a 04+ 6.0

All depends on how much money you wanna spend user. 7.3s are bulletproof stock, cheaper, but don't offer a whole lot of power and the ride is rough as fuck. 6.0s are notably more powerful with a much smoother ride, but I wouldn't trust one without an egr delete and head studs. Keep in mind this only applies to late model 6.0s (05, 06), I wouldn't even touch an early model one.

I drive buses for my job. The bus I have now is a 2013 Ford F550 6.7 Powerstroke with an Eldorado 35 passenger coach body. I put around 1000 miles a week on it, all stop and go city traffic (college campus shuttle).

The truck has been through 2 sets of injectors and a turbo although it's got 176K miles on it atm. It also came with some sort of quiet exhaust system from the factory (a $10K option!!) but it barely works and chokes up the engine so it runs like shit.

I've tried to convince the fleet mechanics to just cut the fucking thing out and bypass the exhaust around it but apparently DOT doesn't allow those sorts of modifications to buses.

ARCHOIL.

NOW.

AND MY GUERILLA HEADS MIKEY

chevy trucks for me but this guy is entertaining to watch

DPF SHIT

DELETE IT AND HELP A VET EASE BACK INTO CIVILIAN LIFE. ARCH OIL.

>said no one ever

Just get a duramax

6.0 a shit

Sorry about your tiny dick

Get the 7.5. Assuming it's not a daily driver and fuel economy isn't an issue.

You obviously have money, get something you like. You could buy an old K30 and build it like a beast for the price of a new truck. Although fuel economy would suck

>6.4's are famous for putting pistons through the blocks if you run a tune on stock internals.
See this truck? Three years tuned on a HD300 tune from H&S, and not a single issue.

The 6.4 was Navistar's apology for the 6.4 and had most of the 6.0's issues corrected. The 6.7 was Ford's in-house powerplant that started when their contract with Navistar ended (that they terminated because of the 6.0)

I would strongly suggest looking at 12+ 6.7s if they are in budget

My dads has a one with 200,000km with no problems beside a rear pinion bearing and his urea system fucked up with like 140k so he deleted it. Just did the front end, but that is to be expected traveling the brutal lease roads up north. It has so much power stock and pulls everything with ease

He also had a 6.4 with 240k when he sold it with a H&S on it for half its life with no real big issues but the 6.7 is superior to it in every way imo

I have a 07 LBZ and love it. Lots of power and rides amazing even with a cheap leveling kit. Havent pulled anything real heavy with it yet.

>my LBZ the first week i got it

>Old mans 6.7 hauling our 43ft fifth wheel

t. insecure person

Fellow bus driver here. Some of the buses in our fleet have the 6.0. They're well known for having issues. One of the ones I used to drive would randomly idle high, then low, all the time while blowing out black smoke. Not a fan of any Ford diesels other than the 7.3.

Getc either a powerstroke or a Duramax

tfw i want a 2011+ f350 lariat diesel, but my 2011 f150 xlt has less than 90k km on it, and paid off 5 years ago

We got rid of our last 6.0 a couple years back, thank god. They were by far the worst buses we had.

The 6.7 is alright but for the kind of abuse we put it through (200 miles of city traffic per day) a Freightliner M2 or International with a Cummins ISB is probably a better choice.

i heard that the 6.6 is a nightmare to diagnose when it starts having issues

is this true?

Every Thread. I have an 06 CCSB zf6. It is an awesome truck. The sounds, ride, mileage, power are all awesome. The 6.0 is a maintence queen. If you dont change your oil then it will fuck your ass. If you use cheap autozone parts, it will fuck your wifes ass. If you dont give it warm up time and use quality fluids, it will pull your child out of school, and sell it into sex slavery. The issue is all of the 7.3 and 5.9 faggots who bought one and dogged the living hell out of it and then complained because it wasnt a dinosaur truck that could take a beating.
The HPOP and some of the sensors are in better places and better designed on the early models. The suspension is a leaf style on the front where as the 05-07 goes to coils which is really nice.
All the same turbo. 03 just had a different design which made it louder.
this guy is a fuck. Burns lots of people and spews shit out of his mouth.
>IFS on a 2500
>shiggy
No. 6.4 are more often than not, garbage. Its a 200k mile throwaway. They eat pistons, turbos, dpfs and other very expensive bits because the design is bad. Way worse than a 6.0

Had mine 3 years now. Awesome old bitch. Gonna go non-vgt setup soon.

Where's the proof?

Of?

>Its a 200k mile throwaway. They eat pistons, turbos, dpfs and other very expensive bits because the design is bad. Way worse than a 6.0
Hardly. The DPF system makes them that way. Remove that and it'll go for a long ass time no issue.

>Way worse than a 6.0
Lmfao no. Not even a little bit. Cool that you're proud of yours but no.

If you don't delete the dpf system, EGR, stud, de-lip the pistons, then yeah, it's a 200k throw away. Its more expensive to do the same shit plus some. For the benefit of a stock twin turbo set up. Where as a solution kit for a 6.0 is studs, EGR, coolant filter and the oil rail updates. Big difference in price.

>6.0 powerstoke
>6.7 cummins

Look, look and laugh

Knew it wouldn't take long before SCbro showed up to shill his shitty financed brodozer

SCBro's truck is fine. All of the big 3 diesels are pretty good for what they do. Just pros and cons. 6.4 are fucking fast mother fuckers, but can get expensive quick.

I haven't owned that truck in two years.