I have $15-16k to spend on a new vehicle

I have $15-16k to spend on a new vehicle.

I currently drive a WRX but want something different. I'm your cliche PNW dude. I love doing outdoor activities, so I think an SUV would suit me best, but most of them give me family-hauler vibes. I want something that suits a young 20-something that loves to go hiking/camping.

I absolutley love FJ's, but finding one with decent mileage is outside my price range because they hold their resale value so ridiculously well. And I've heard newer Wranglers (or rather chrysler and jeep products in general) are trash.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M31qTdYr17k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you don't mind an absolutely horrendous interior then go with the FJ.

Otherwise just get a Jeep like all the other IPA loving yuppies that are plaguing my homeland.

FJ is... Unusual car. Crazy narrow windshield, ugly interior and for it's basically for you and one passenger only. Backseats are pretty meh.
Also early FJ's suffer from front body integrity failure (not sure how to name this issue correctly), needs to be reinforced.

FJ being a 10/10 vehicle
Jeep being a 1/10
No one wants a jeep

youtube.com/watch?v=M31qTdYr17k
My pal owned one for a short time. He actually hated it. He had Tundra before FJ and FJ dissapointed him greatly.

I actually like the FJ's interior. I would get a jeep but I've heard they're god awful these days

>Owned older 4runner
>Bought newer 4runner
> need another car
>wanted a FJ
>bought a new Rubicon instead
Not a single regret

How much you get your rubicon for? Miles?

Lol idiot

As someone who's actually driven both and not just "heard" about the quality of one, the FJ is dogshit.

independent front suspension crawler LOL

get a tacoma, dont bother with a fj

Samefagging
Honestly though i shopped for a solid year. Researched pretty much everything there was to research. I test drove each in a manual and an auto. While the FJ felt better on the freeway everything about it was underwhelming. The best part about the FJ was the tripple wipers and the integrated rear view back up cam. Until you figure out that the wipers are just gonna cost more and the rearview is because u cant see shit out of the back of an FJ.
The jeep felt like much better quality, i know weird right. Also the FJ was in serious need of an update, toyota just let if fade away when they could have improved it.
TRD Pro FJ would have been cool but it never made it that far.

40 miles
37,500 +tax and fees

the stance crowd has taken this too far this time.

Jeep a shit

tacomas are kind of ridiculous in the $15,000 price range too though

OK bud. Post your rig then.
Or do you not even own one?

What i own wont change jeeps quality.
Not sure why you would think it would

Never said it would
Ever vehicle has a down side, all of them.
You just want to cherry pick, so just keep shitting up the thread with pics you google and things you know nothing about

kek

Are you trying to deny well known issues?

If lifting a TJ and throwing 35s on it and expecting the rear not to fail is a "known issue" then no.

They fail stock.
So you claim i know nothing, when in fact i have done the research and you havent.
Really makes you think

>
>If you don't mind an absolutely horrendous interior then go with the FJ.
>
>Otherwise just get a Jeep like all the other IPA loving yuppies that are plaguing my homeland.

My brother has a fj

Holy fuck that this is shitty. Ugly as fuck inside and out
The fake hood scoop is pure cancer triggers my autism
Interior is ugly and uncomfortable
Drives like fucking dogshit.

Save your money. Keep your wrx

Almost any stock toothpick axle is going to fail when you double the stock rotating mass.

Thats not the issue. Its the axle retainer
Go read moron.
It happens STOCK

>he thinks rotating mass will make an axle fall out
Hahahahaha jeep fags are retarded

N..new to offrading here, w..what is wrong with the stock jeeps, I am actually making the decision between it and a Suzuki pretty soon

The suzuki will last longer

K, was leaning towards ricemobile for Veeky Forumstist value. honestly though, what about jeeps make them do that and what could be done to fix it?

Its the factory axle retainer.
It just isnt strong enough.

I am aware of jeep axle failures but i not aware of a stock axle with stock tires destroying a retaining clip. Every picture you have posted looks like a lifted TJ. From what i have read they come with a dana 30 or 35. The 44 being an option on higher trim models.
Do you know how or why the retaining clip failed on these?

If we are talking about Jimny then it's rear axle is not perfect either. It has no outer seal, after every water crossing you'll have to change axle oil. The axle bearing lives for 1 - 1.5 years max