Seriously though

I like the GTR and I'm seriously thinking of buying it. I make 100k/year so I can technically afford it I should probably use that money to pay off my house but you only live once so why not live a little?

That being said, why shouldn't I buy a GTR (non nismo of course) and what's a better car for the money? I live in the midwest and would be my daily driver.

Other urls found in this thread:

jackstransmissions.com/collections/gtr-gr6-rebuild-options/products/fbo-complete-rebuild-service
jackstransmissions.com/products/build-your-own-gr6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can pick up a 2012 for like 60k
Not many better cats really unless you're also interested in a 911

Maybe you should test drive one first...and if you were remotely serious you would already have other cars in mind at that price range.

that money would be better spent on DMT coke and heroin if you wanted to live a little

just go on a test drive

I would rather have something like a BMW M or AMG for that money if were talking DD but thats me

Even if I made 100k/year I wouldn't buy a car like that for daily driving. It just seems like a waste of potential to me.

But if you like it enough then go ahead, your life

>Maybe you should test drive one first...and if you were remotely serious you would already have other cars in mind at that price range.
I've never really considered owning a car in that price range before is the thing. I've never paid more than 30k for a used car. I'm only considering this because I really like that car.

>I would rather have something like a BMW M or AMG for that money if were talking DD but thats me
They would have nice features for sure, but I don't drive more than 10 minutes to work each day for my DD stuff. No highway miles so no need for adaptive cruise control/etc

>Even if I made 100k/year I wouldn't buy a car like that for daily driving
If you're gonna spend that much on it why not DD the hell out of it? I guess maybe own a little 5k shitbox to drive when it rains? IDK, I'd rather take the nice car then just wash it later.

A tranny rebuild is ~$30k...

A lightly used Corvette and $30k in mods would be a lot more fun.

Nissanfag here. Buying the non-nismo version is kind of silly.
Your money is better spent on an older Z car and dropping the VR38DETT into it. Or just getting the Infiniti rebadged Skyline.

Get an EcoBoost Taurus SHO

its just as fun and more practical, since you wont be racing it anyways

>Wanting to spend over half (or more, god forbid) of your annual budget on a car that will rapidly deteriorate.

Do it.

No just no
Don't do short distance DD on a sport car that doesn't heat up to operating temperature everyday before you have done driving

go for it, OP. and if you keep it clean (no mods) it might cost a fortune the day it falls into the hands of your possible grand kids.

Okay Grandpa.

I'm not going to disagree with you that it's stupid, but you only live once and fuck it I want to enjoy this car while I'm still young.

Of course no mods. Who the fuck mods a brand new GTR

I cannot afford the nismo version 110k with 30k down is pretty doable for me. 170k is just way way too much

>implying ICE's are even legal then
>implying they would even want to drive it when their electric shitbox does 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

I like how this price keeps going up every time someone posts it. Before too long people will be saying it costs 100k to rebuild the transmission.

jackstransmissions.com/collections/gtr-gr6-rebuild-options/products/fbo-complete-rebuild-service - better than stock $4200

jackstransmissions.com/products/build-your-own-gr6 - stock rebuild $2000

how are you wasting potential though? you're literally using it every day i feel wasting potential would be buying only driving 30 days out of the year when it's nice out just to cruise 20 miles or something

>no manual option
there ya go friend.

>Who the fuck mods a brand new GTR
you'd be surprised.

Did they fix that on the newer ones? As in using launch control won't void your warranty.

I've only owned manual cars up until now and I'm aware this makes me a bit of a faggot with faggotpaddle shifters.

THIS IS NOT OKAY

>comparing the old GT-R to the burgerbarge

wew

>owning a vette

No thanks grandpa

>they intentionally ignored the top trim model
watch them sperg

>you'd be suprised

not really. unless you live in a Flyover State and didnt use the internet much for car related stuff

plenty of brand new modded GT-R's in LA or NYC

its disgusting. Either rich kids with no taste or people who genuinely worked hard for their money and still have no taste.

>mad gm cucks has to cherry pick a gtr from almost 10 years ago
Lmao thanks for proving gm can't compete with modern cars

>7:08 :^)

See you answered your own question, just import an R32 GTR, bam manual, bam GTR, bam looks better objectively

R32 is so bland boring and unreliable though

But it looks fucking good in a simple livery.

>276 ps/(amerilard)Ton vs 412 ps/Ton

I agree it's my favorite R body style

dat 4x4 height

R32 isnt a very good looking car by any means

Yes the issue with launch control was "fixed" in 2010 when they lowered the launch RPM down so they don't overload the gear set as bad.

When they released the DBA cars(2012+) they again revised the launch control system again. This time they raised the RPM back up a little and modified how it engaged the clutches, also with the DBA models you don't need to disengage the VDC any more to enable launch control and from what I've heard with the VDC on the ecu does not log launch control events at all like it did when you had to disable the VDC.

I would buy a sports car to track and such. Sure I'd probably drive it around, maybe even DD it a bit, but I wouldn't get it for only daily driving. Especially such a short one

A pre-requisite to owning a Nissan is being a horrible driver. Are you a bad enough dude?

>A pre-requisite to owning a Nissan is being a horrible driver. Are you a bad enough dude?
well I drive a mustang now so yeah

Daily driving a GTR wouldn't be a great idea

They aren't exactly reliable and maintaining it isn't gonna be cheap at all.

Plus you're gonna kill the resale value by putting tons of miles on it.

>They aren't exactly reliable and maintaining it isn't gonna be cheap at all.
>Plus you're gonna kill the resale value by putting tons of miles on it.

Stock warranty is good. I drive less than 5k miles a year.

You should get one to trigg..

>This thread

Nevermind, the mere thought of a GTR already triggers GM fangirls lol

>Nevermind, the mere thought of a GTR already triggers GM fangirls lol
honestly roasting Grandpa McCuck in his corvette on the highway would be pretty enjoyable

Bullshit. The nismo version is even stiffer and unless you drop 80k on the N Attack Pack you may not even get better performance.

Get the normal 2017 GTR especially if you plan to drive this thing every day. You will need the softer suspension.

Launch control can't void your warranty as long as VDC is set to R and not off. It has protection mechanisms to keep you from grenading the transmission now.

I don't think the R35 is bad. It's not competitive with the 911 Turbo anymore but it's still reasonably priced I think.

The people that claim they're unreliable are actually retarded. This isn't an R32 GTR that has been thrashed for decades. Maintain the car and replace consumables as needed and it'll be fine.

>Get the normal 2017 GTR especially if you plan to drive this thing every day. You will need the softer suspension.
Yeah I was reading that the 2017 is pretty casual and more comfortable.

Since I'll DD, that's what I'll do.

>but why wouldn't you track a GTR!!!111
If I'm going track something it's a motorcycle you fucking plebs.

>the day it falls into the hands of your possible grand kids.
>grand kids
>kids
implying OP even has a gf

If you want to, buy it, but do not DD one. It will ruin the car.
If you want something cheap for DD buy a Shitvette nobody is going to cry after its wrecked since its normal for them.

>If you want to, buy it, but do not DD one. It will ruin the car.
How is DD going to ruin it?

Spending 100k on a car and not enjoying the fuck out of it sounds like ruining a car to me.

>wrecked
This is why we have insurance. You can't stop idiots from hitting you.

>10 minute dd
>enjoying the car

Maybe this is just how I feel, but just being in it and driving it is going to be enjoyable for me.

Maybe I'm just different. I take my motorcycle to work sometimes and I love the commute. Sure it's not the same as taking it out on the weekend, but it's still fucking great.

100k/yr isn't that much. You shouldn't be buying a car that is A) more than half your gross pay, and B) has a payment that's more than about 15% of your take home pay.

>100k/yr isn't that much. You shouldn't be buying a car that is A) more than half your gross pay, and B) has a payment that's more than about 15% of your take home pay.
You're not wrong.

I have cut my budget to the bone and since I have amazing credit 830+ I will get a stupid low rate (like 2%) so after the payment I can still save $2k a month. I'd probably just pay the car off in 3-4 years.

But again, I should use that money to pay off my house instead, but I want this car while I'm 30, not when I'm 45.

What do you do where you earn 100k a year?
I want to be rich, goddamn it

GTR is a pile of shit with unreliable transmission, avoid at ALL costs

I definitely feel that, but my daily drive is fucking awful. I hate taking my shitbox on it

IT. Security and Networking are good fields. Sys admins a shit.

Also I live in the midwest so that 100k actually means something. I could make more if I did service based work, but I work for a university now.

Also 100k is only a lot if you don't have a wife kids. Thankfully I'm single.

The city is live in isn't that big maybe that's why? Traffic isnt' that bad either.

>Plus you're gonna kill the resale value by putting tons of miles on it.
LOL good one there. The GTR market is weird; mileage doesn't really greatly affect the price for used ones. At most it's about 5k to 10k dollars less for a high mile GTR compared to the same year with much lower mileage.

There's a reason you never see any clean title GTRs below 40k USD. I think the cheapest clean title R35 I've ever seen was 45k for an 09 and it had 120,000k miles on it. A low mileage 09s were going for high 40's low 50s during that same time.

Also super low mileage cars also don't really sell for that much more either. Yes they get listed for a lot more but they very rarely get that price. On average the less than 10K miles cars only bring around 5k dollars more then the average mile GTR,

Most of the GTRs depreciation only occurs with the new cars. After that first owner the depreciation curve levels off considerably and becomes very flat do to Nissan constantly jacking up the price of the new ones.

How much is left after taxes?
Just curios.
I make around the same amount, the difference is I pay nearly 50% in taxes but I own a 100k dollar car myself.
A 2016 Civic Type-R (yes its 100k where I live, long live danish taxes!), I even DD this thing for 12 min each way to/from work.
I totally understand your way of thinking, I had the exact same thoughts and eventually just bought it.
Do it, ruin it or whatever these "purists" thinks will happen.
Enjoy the shit out of your life.
Until you have kids of course...

do it, it's the new gojiru.

Pay off the house first then save up the money to buy a better, lighter GTR in the future that also isn't fuck ugly from the front

Edit: -10% from the numbers. Didn't check before posting but you get the idea

I take home right at 5000 USD every month.

>Until you have kids of course...
heh
>2017
>getting married

I'm not falling for the divorce rape trap.

Pay off your house.

>be a responsible adult!

Do you know where you are friend?

If you want the car, save the cash. Only took me 18 months to save up for my hellcat. But be sure that you get those assholes to agree to purchase price because they make money on financing and they'll give you a better price if they think your financing than if you pay with cash.

I make 140k, and it sounds like a lot, but it isn't rich, it's well off. Even living where I do where housing is cheap, that much money is enough to live comfortably and save for retirement while having nice things, but it isn't Scrooge mcduck rich. Best money with lowest barrier to entry is web dev, I'm a back end web dev and I don't even have a college degree.

>But be sure that you get those assholes to agree to purchase price because they make money on financing and they'll give you a better price if they think your financing than if you pay with cash.
really why is that? Because they make more money off of the financing?

I was going to use my credit union anyways, but your advice is noted and I won't tell them that. Also post hellcat.

Running costs. Heard those aren't fun with the GTR

>Running costs. Heard those aren't fun with the GTR

What's so bad? I would plan on jewing in at least 5 free oil changes when I bought the car.

Sexy

that's allot of static camber
does the tire deform much under corning ?

Wife's got me parked in the garage, but I'll get a snap when I can.

>but you only live once so why not live a little?

This is what idiots say to justify spending too much.

>This is what idiots say to justify spending too much.
What else am I going to spend it on? You might have to take care of your wife's kid, but I'm single and quite happy.

My current favorite hobby right now is gardening and it doesn't cost me a lot.

The new r36 gtr is supposed to come out in a few years. People say it will be a hybrid along the lines of p1/918/laf. I doubt it will cost anywhere south of 200k. I would personally wait for them to announce the r36 and a few of them to hit the lot. This will cause the remaining new previous year model r35s to drop a decent amount in price. At that point you could decide if you want the r36 or just get an r35 at lower cost

As the resident gojira fag here I can say the run costs of a GTR is the tale of 2 cars. The general maintenance cost is pretty low. An engine oil change if you have it done at the dealer is around $120 which isn't too far outside the norm If you do it yourself it's around 35 bucks because the GTR engine just takes normal Mobil 1. Pretty much the same story with the tires. The stock tires with the track suspension settings die pretty quick at 10k miles, but if you go with MPSS and have the dealer change the suspension over to street settings (which they will do for free during the POS) it's pretty easy to get 30k+ out of them.

Were the GTR gets pricey is with transmission oil changes every 36k miles which is around 700 bucks for just the fluid and another 700 bucks for labor for a total of 1400.

They can also get pricey on brakes. If you drive very aggressively you can kill as set of pads and rotors in about 30K miles. If you are a little less aggressive you can get 60-80k miles out of a set but when yo do have to replace them expect to drop around 6-7k if you want OEM. You can get aftermarket sets for around 1500 but they won't be cross-drilled like the OEMs rotors are. Pretty much all the aftermarket rotors are only slotted which is some ways that's better because they won't crack as easily as the OEM.

>Were the GTR gets pricey is with transmission oil changes every 36k miles which is around 700 bucks for just the fluid and another 700 bucks for labor for a total of 1400.
Oh shit I did not know that. I'll make sure I jew one of those in too when I haggle for the car.

wait a minute I drive a nissan an-
>spun my 350z last week trying to drift in the wet
you know what? you're right

thinking about moving into net sec field, currently in a support role for my shitty companies firewall's and want to kill myself every time I punch in plus I make fuck all for dosh
>solid understanding of ipv4
>no stranger to tcpdump or wireshark
>work in linux, use linux as a desktop operating system too
>basically have to hop of customers AD servers and manage shit for them
any suggestions what positions to look for or what skills I should work on?

If you're interested in networking look for any network engineer fields. Security wise they're generally called security analyst and you might do more firewalls and security based reporting.

You see a lot of overlap in the two fields. As a network guy at my job I also do security. When a customer asks for a stupid firewall rule it's my job to say no, or I might look at netflows to see if something fishy is going on.

For better money move away from sysadmin type stuff. Your linux skills are good and they're used by all network and security guys, but sysadmin work pays a lot less than net/sec.

Also bigger companies = more important shit = more pay. Oh and cisco certs are always good.

>horrible driver
Does going 110 in a 35 in an A32 count?
Does drifting through snow and ice in a Z31 count because I can't be assed to put snows (as opposed to wet slicks) on it and prior mentioned Maxima was half torn apart to do a chain and I pushed it off for a week count?

I wish I could get a GF let alone a wife ;(

$100k/year is not enough to afford a GT-R

>source: i make triple that and still can't find a responsible way to budget for it

>I'm going to blow 3-5 years of savings on a fucking car.
You're the person I have to pay for when jews inevitably 2008 the economy again.

Lol you are right I make 1 million dollars and can only afford a corolla

>source: i make triple that and still can't find a responsible way to budget for it
So your take home is 10k a month (rounding down for jew taxes) and you can't put aside 1300/month for a GTR?

I would not finance it. I'd buy it outright. I've run the numbers before and I just can't justify it. Factor in the insurance, excise tax, and my autistic tendencies to keep it absolutely flawless, and it just doesn't seem worth spending a year's worth of pay on it.

>can't justify spending money on a car
>posts here

Kys

>why shouldn't I buy a GTR
Exceptionally high maintenance. People will mistake you for a cashed up Chinese student. Also using launch control voids your drivetrain warranty.

>what's a better car for the money
Corvette. Very similar in terms of performance and lower maintenance. It's a much simpler vehicle than the GT-R.

Would you be willing to smash it into a wall, walk away and say "oops" and not give a fuck? You gotta be making a lot more than $100k a year to not give a fuck about a $60k+ toy. Buying one to drive it around the streets like a Altima is pretty pointless.

>you shouldn't drive a car you aren't willing to smash into a wall
I make less than 30k a year and I wouldn't be willing to smash any of my vehicles into a wall, not even a 500 dollar shitbox.

Yeah that would hurt

>Also using launch control voids your drivetrain warranty.
Not any more, you can use R mode and it's good to go senpai

>Corvette. Very similar in terms of performance and lower maintenance. It's a much simpler vehicle than the GT-R.
No thanks grandpa fudd. I'd buy a Mustang GT350 before I would ever buy that GM turd.

GTRs are dumb and you only like them because you have a Fast and Furious complex that you can't shake, even now.

Look at the price after tax, and then say to your self "I'm going to spend this much money on a Nissan." Then laugh and go buy a C6 Z06 for half the price.

>GTRs are dumb and you only like them because you have a Fast and Furious complex that you can't shake, even now.
I've liked the GTR from boy racers mags growing up. Was it even in F&F? I thought that movie had a riced out supra and some stupid jetta.

I seriously don't think there was a GTR in that movie.

Nigger, you are retarded. Yes, that was F&F and they did have a "GT-R" because in reality, it was an NA with GT-R skin.

F&F2 had an R34 as the main car I think.

Oh I only watched the original F&F I've never seen any of the others.

>might cost a fortune the day it falls into the hands of your possible grand kids.

in 30 years you wont be allowed to drive cars like the GTR fuccboi

>in 30 years you wont be allowed to drive cars like the GTR fuccboi
Maybe in Yuropooria