/ng/ - Nioh General

Pronounced "GIANT TOAD" edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>How do I join a clan?
It unlocks as you progress, everything will be daijoubu.

>Which clan should I join?
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), we've learnt this week that clans can change colour if one is dominating too much.

>Who is the best girl?
It's objectively William

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder the entire game is a JoJo reference

>Start in a prison with your "stand"
>escape using it
>regard it as family or even more
>it's in trouble
>must go around the world to a foreign land in order to save her from a crazy guy with demonic powers
>fight bosses along the way who also have "stands" like Tachi and so on
>with the help of a old man Ieyasu
>evil guy has servants that fight for him in order to stop you and have absolute loyalty in the evil guy

>Friendly reminder the entire game is a JoJo reference
>>Start in a prison with your "stand"
>>escape using it
>>regard it as family or even more
>>it's in trouble
>>must go around the world to a foreign land in order to save her from a crazy guy with demonic powers
>>fight bosses along the way who also have "stands" like Tachi and so on
>>with the help of a old man Ieyasu
Friendly reminder the entire game is a JoJo reference

>Start in a prison with your "stand"
>escape using it
>regard it as family or even more
>it's in trouble
>must go around the world to a foreign land in order to save her from a crazy guy with demonic powers
>fight bosses along the way who also have "stands" like Tachi and so on
>with the help of a old man Ieyasu
>evil guy has servants that fight for him in order to stop you and have absolute loyalty in the evil guy

Undressing Tome!
Finding out she has a dick!
Loving them anyway!
Sucking their dick!

So what was the best boss fight in the game?

Crushing crystals at Honda

How do I skill a 1Kat build?

When do you start getting divines?

Same way you skill any other build. Onmyo and Ninjutsu to suit your interests. In my case I skilled high enough to have extremely useful Sacred Water and longer lasting buffs from said water and instant power pills.

Then you go into offensive stats making sure not to neglect skill and strength for stronger ki pulses

Tomes a girl. Even got flak for being a blacksmith cause the goddess of the forge is a vapid cunt and hates other women being around her men working her "forge".
Japanese preorder helmets. Kill revanants and pray. Pray hard enough and you'll even get the smithing text.

So how should I put my stats?

1,1,1 for heart, str and skl?

>water
>not kekkai and mystic art for buff duration
fucking japs

she has a dick in my headcanon

Even with buff duration kekkai lasts shorter than fully stat'd water. There's also one important thing you should remember. Kekkai talisman dispels Yokai Realm.

>Mount Hiei massacre
Nobunaga had some serious issues

So for the samurai of legend achievement...

Aside for the main and sub missions

Do you need the dojo missions, twilight and all of the way of the strong?

And you have literally infinite talismans as they restock at shrine, they can be affected with unlimited onmyo, probably go off faster with cast speed buff and dispel yokai realm. Feels kinda better than some duration unless difference is that big

user please. At least read the rest of the post.

twilight yes, ng+ no

Nothing sucks more than some faggot with light armor and low stance dual katanas.

Finished the game as a heavy armor axe/spear user w/ no ninjutsu or magic

What build should I do next? Is magic fun?

>damage increase for basically no ki regen
not sure if want

Ah thats much better then, thanks

magic is mostly just for buffs so it makes melee builds better

new patch notes

Ver 1.03

【Adjustment】
-Reward increase on play by rare players Like "Oguchi" drops at random at the time of enemy defeat (only rare people) "Military" at the time of the mission success in the rare and increase in the number of "Inoguchi" acquired
-Add forged items to "Trading" of "Tea room of Hiduyo"
-Adjusted the ninety-ninth weapon gauge recovery efficiency when using "Rukai" while using the ninety-nine weapons
-Adjustment of paralysis accumulation amount when using "jellyfish powder" repeatedly
【Bug fixes】
-Fixed a bug that the mission could not be achieved with the Chinese version "Tempura of the Fire God" Tokai Hen "seeking stronger fire"
-Fixed a bug that Kyushu Hen "Sleeping Spirit Stone" gesture tutorial window will not disappear
-Fixed a bug that the title "Masa Saga won the winner" can not be acquired
Other minor bug fixes

source: twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio

>basically no ki regen
At 544 vs okai realm I hardly even feel it. On the other hand because I'm always juiced up on lean I wouldn't notice it no matter how low my yoaki realm was

doesnt it have projectile attacks that scale with magic power?

Thanks for the google translate pal

theres LITERALLY no point in posting it if all you did was feed it into google translate you fucking mong

>Reward increase on play by rare players Like "Oguchi" drops at random at the time of enemy defeat (only rare people) "Military" at the time of the mission success in the rare and increase in the number of "Inoguchi" acquired

...What?

it does but you'll probably need an extremely specialized build with the right items for that. if you want something different try a dex build with lots of ninjutsu and maybe some magic on the side

How much stamina do people generally get for an A agility build? I'm wearing yagyu set and I really like the way the monks hood looks but it not being a piece of light armor fucks me. I understand I can refashion it but I feel like 40% toughness is good for offsetting the lack of toughness in a light build.

Amvi being retarded? Is toughness basically worthless under a certain threshold?

>from r/Nioh
>When playing one of the co-op modes, we've made it so that more Ochoko cups can drop randomly from enemies, we've increased the chance of ochoko cups.
>Not too sure about this one, but it has to do with Hidden Teahouse stuff. Something about adding more forging items to the list.
>Bug fixes for Magatama of Fire mission, and there was also an issue where a tutorial window would refuse to close in The Spirit Stone Slumbers, and that's been fixed as well.
>Magoichi Saika Crusher title bug is fixed.
>I think Extraction talisman got nerfed.

someone post the untranslated log on /jp/ or something and ask them to translate

>extraction talismen nerfed
phew, good thing i cheesed the final level with it only a couple hours ago on hard mode

usually 10-20 stamina

monks hood is overpowered no matter what you build you are using, abuse it before it gets nerfed

no one knows the exact toughness thresholds yet, but 40% is pretty fucking substantial even if its 40% of light armor toughness

how hard is the iga escape mission (first mission in the 4th area)

debating whether to soul match my lv60 spear up to 75 or do the level undergeared

Thanks yeah I'm gonna end up around 24

So, there's this guy in the castle sewer mission who wants me to give him dung piles. I gave him 6already, he still wants more. Where can I get more and how much does he need?

I'm still stuck on the slime boss, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but I lit all the fires and still can't beat it. I've never needed to use a cup on any boss until now and have used them all down to 1, everyone that comes in either dies or falls in the water. I'm begging any decent user to please help me with this boss for the sake of my sanity. I don't want my last cup to be a waste. My PSN is steveyyzb or I can just set whatever password. Please help me somebody. I'm so desperate...

is there a way to transfer a stat from one weapon to another, o do i just have to reforge 5 billion times and hope for the best?

Stats marked with a symbol of two rectangles can be transfered by soul matching, but you need to max familiarity with the donor weapon.

I don't remember it being particularly hard, mainly ninjas that can fuck you up but have little stamina. I'd say don't worry about it considering soul matching is expensive as fuck.

I hate how all the normal enemies are harder to kill than the majority of the bosses.

30 afaik and you can farm them from the mini umis in the sewers
it's basically just for a trophy

30 piles, farm those shithead umibozu

the Bathhouse is the best level. prove me wrong

So is there only 13 weapon passives? Do they all work no matter what weapon you are using or do some of them need to be equpped in the other weapon slot

So I'm fighting the Great Centipede and for some reason his pincers stopped hurting me. He just....pushes me along and I can attack him as much as I want.

Has anybody else encountered this glitch?

Please anyone? :(

Should I join Toyotomi or Furuta?

Read the OP, whichever has the better bonus for you

How do I find out my total luck stat? Is it always at 0 just with whatever shit you have buffing it?

Just started reforging and ended up with a skill that increases dmg based on enemies killed...
Obviously it resets but damn this is cool.

Is there a way to limit Torii gate random encounters to Way of the Strong? I'm kind of tired of helping newbies through levels.

Beat the second-to-last misson

get fucking good

>can "play" as kelley
>can't get uroboros

>can't be fuku

Obviously I'm not, I just would really appreciate some help.

I miss cat bro talking to me through a mission

if you cant beat le slime man with all the fires lit you arent going to be able to beat the rest of the game

Use fire shit, he's incredibly weak to fire.

This is your time to shine, user! I know you can do it!

Can you maybe just please help me? I haven't needed to summon on any boss before. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for you.. it would make my day

Speaking of Nekomata, I was expecting him to stay dead for a couple of generations

>dont get moth waifu

Did I just fight an umbrella?

dress up like a girl and post pictures and i will

uroboros is a passive guardian like cat unfortunately. William uses it in the london level.

>waifu
Its a dude.
Yes.

Umi-bozu is more trivial than anything. Keep going side to side to avoid waves and run away fro laser.
The second phase just make sure to go past him when he turns into a pillar and back up when his about to jump.

Also only attack the arms on first phase. Honestly it might seem hard but it's just a pattern bro.

But I'm already a girl user...

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

When Okatsu realizes she was right about William the whole time when he returns to Japan in the DLC and tries to fuck him, given the two tachibana spirits from the main game, will we have a chance to see Saoirse pet Okatsu's lunar bunny spirit?

post your asshole then

Is this the only Souls-like game where armor actually matters? Heavy armor can block 50% of incoming damage or more while also giving you a fuckton of hyper armor on every attack

compared to Dark Souls 3 where you invest 50 points into Vitality for ~10% more damage reduction and 0 poise

feels fucking good to be part of the heavy armor master race

Dee, fuck off

>Get Way of the Ninja Adept
>Hanzo literally drops all the legendary pieces for the Iga head armor like candy
>Farmed the entire set in purple after only 5-6 attempts...except the suneate are blue
>40 attempts later still just rare suneate

Jesus fuck this is triggering my OCD. Does he just not drop these in purple?

Post password and I'll join.

SEKIGAHARA

Why is this the only game where my controller straight up doesn't work?

Bosses are very finicky with their drops, I had to kill muneshiggy 17 times to get his armor smithing text

Should bother with sword parry or just stick with that guarding jab attack?

you haven't yet realized that nobody else having this problem makes the reason you?

Actually that happens to a lot of people.

THANKYOU
password is ANONTY

get the water shadow parry, it maps to triangle

What isn't working? Timing can be precise, like if you haven't finished an attacks animation you can't start inputs for a new move.

just kidding, go fuck yourself

That was my last cup.. You had me really excited.. I should of figured.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA WHORES BTFO

You sit here and bitch and moan about not being able to beat it, but you won't even light the last fire to help yourself.
Literally git gud.

No one can seriously be this bad.

You can get cups through fighting Revenants. Was about to join but either someone already did or you canceled it.

Wow faggot I hope you're full of shit. user I will actually help you unlike these filthy unhonorable samurai, holy fuck you guys make me sick seppuku the lot of you

where did that alpha sperg lord go?

Go get a cup and I'll help you as soon as I finish collecting these kodama. I was going to tell you to realm with a companion but I forgot that's not default until postgame

I really shouldn't be laughing at this but holy hell

thankyou guys.. just trying to make a revanant drop a cup now will say when its back