/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Valentine present edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/28/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E

store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/re_i_dr/status/830676077198446593
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=61150906
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for she did minimal things wrong.

Offer your valentine messages to your non-existant waifus and husbandos~

DAMN IT NISA, WHERE IS V3?!?!!

Celes is worst girl.

She framed my waifu.

Happy Valentine's day

Surfing-ssu~

Celes is the worst girl.

Happy valentines my waifu !

It's happy couple's day!

In honor of the user that makes these, which make me die laughing everytime I see them, I took a crack at making a Tsumugi version.

Apologies if the text is hard to read, i don't have the best editing skills.

Happy Valentines day, /drg/! Last night I was thinking about something that was sort of dumb but I'll say it regardless.
Imagine if the V3 and SDR2 were switched? The V3 cast would be official SHSLs (except for Saihara, maybe) while the SDR2 cast were normies that were mindhacc'd. How would everything turn out differently? Would Hinata reject Danganronpa? Would Saihara fulfill the role of Izuru?
Saizuru does sound interesting now that I think about it.

Amami surfed his way into my heart-ssu~

Your waifu is a SLUT! A SLUT!

v3 anime by shaft and directed by ikuhara when

Reminder to take your favorite character to the love hotel!

Every time I see a penguin I get so sad that club penguin is closing down.):

I appreciate this tribute. 10/10, my good man.

Those are not even the best couples from each game, sad.

Anyone got that sprite of Kaede with her arms up?

It's not being a slut if it's part of a threeway!

>Kaedefags thinking their waifu is good

Enjoy your zero character development basic bitch

They're the canon ones though :')

Just posting a cute Chiaki and then I'll be on my way.

They've got to remove Tulpaman first since he fucks all these scenarios up. If they're on Jabberwock there must be air conditioners to turn on.

I feel like Chapter 2 would be similar. The motive would be some government simulator arcade game that would make Kirumi regain her memories and drive her to kill.

Angie would probably be afflicted with Despair Disease in Chapter 3 and remember that her true god is Junko and kill for her sake.

Normie Saihara is already a fanatic so maybe he would be a fan of SHSLs who signed up for the Kamakura project.

Ouma would be terrifying if he actually had fallen into complete murderous despair and wasn't just acting.

>Canon
>2/3 of them have dead halves

What are you talking about? Look at her "development"

Superior version.

Having a dead half doesn't stop Tulpa
I consider Kirigiri one of the walking dead anyway.

She did develop.
As Ouma pointed out, she went from a person who was totally against killing to a person who believed that killing was okay as long as it meant killing the mastermind so everyone could be saved. Because she crossed that line, she (pun intended) started the ball rolling on the game

>Boobs count for development.

Now you're just grasping for straws. Kaede is a shit because Kodaka doesn't want her.

Their feelings are what matters though

>worst girl
Oh come on, theres saionji and ruruka around.
Celes has her flaws, but she did solve the "how to get rid of the two annoying assholes" in DR1
She took a bullet for the team essentially :^)

Threeway doujins when?

It was clearly a joke, chill out. I liked her even if she was quite the static character

Happy Valentine's Day!

I like interactions between these two girls... They always seem so sweet.

澪田:…………
(Mioda: ...........)
澪田:…はっ!
(Mioda: ...ha!)
罪木:あっ…澪田さぁん!
(Tsumiki: Ah... Mioda-saan!)
罪木:目が覚めたんですねぇ…よかったですぅ!
(Tsumiki: You woke up... Thank goodness!)
澪田:およよ?ここはどこ?わたしはだれ?
(Mioda: Morning? Where am I? Who am I?)
罪木:えっ?み…澪田さん?
(Tsumiki: Eh? Mi... Mioda-san?)
澪田:そういう蜜柑ちゃんは…罪木蜜柑ちゃーん!
(Mioda: Ah, this Mikan-chan... You're Tsumiki Mikan-chan!)
罪木:ふえぇっ!?
(Tsumiki: Fuee!?)
澪田:えーと、なんかわかってきたっすよ!ここは保健室で、もちろん唯吹は澪田唯吹!
(Mioda: Errm... I somehow get it!
This is the first-aid room, and of course Ibuki is Mioda Ibuki!)
罪木:ふ、ふゆぅ…驚かせないでくださいよぉ…!
(Tsumiki: Fu, fuyu... Please don't startle me...!)
澪田:その前の記憶がちょっと曖昧みーなんすけど…確か、ふとグルーヴが高まって木登りしてたっす!
(Mioda: My memories are a little hazy... I was feeling a little groovy and climbed a tree!)
罪木:きっと、木から落ちてしまわれたのだと思いますぅ。
(Tsumiki: I'm pretty sure you fell from the tree)
罪木:通りすがりの大神さんが澪田さんを見つけて…ここまではこんでくださったんですよぉ。
(Tsumiki: Oogami-san who was walking by found you... Then she carried you all the way here)
澪田:うっはーさすがさくらちゃーん!後でお礼に唯吹の手料理差し入れちゃうっす!
(Mioda: Uhhaa, as expected of Sakura-chan! Later I'll give her some of Ibuki's homemade food as a thanks)

罪木:澪田さん…吐き気やめまいはありませんか?手足が痺れたりは?
(Tsumiki: Mioda-san... Are you feeling sick at all? Any numbness in your limbs at all?)
澪田:だいじょぶ丈夫で気分は上々!ご心配かけてソーリーひげソーリーっす!
Mioda: (I'm fine and in good health, I feel pretty great! I'm sorry, humbly sorry for making you worry!)
罪木:ふゆぅ…でしたら一安心ですけどぉ…
(Tsumiki: Fuyu... Then I guess I can relax....)
罪木:…………
(Tsumiki: .............)
罪木:澪田さん、その…お1人で楽しく過ごされるのは大変結構ですよ?
罪木:わ、私なんかがこんな事を言うのは誠におこがましいとは承知いたしておりますぅ…
(Tsumiki: Mioda-san, hmm... Playing alone is pretty dangerous?)
(Tsumiki: I, I know it's presumptuous coming from the likes of me to be saying this...)
罪木:でも、もしもまた今回のような事があって、誰も見つけてくれなかったら…なので、あの…
(Tsumiki: But if something like this happens again and nobody finds you... So... Well...)
澪田:あー…困るっすね!さすがの唯吹も大ピンチっすね!
(Mioda: Ah... That would be a big problem! Even for Ibuki, I'd be in a bad pinch!)
澪田:わかったっす、気を付けるっす…助けてくれた蜜柑ちゃんの言う事っすもんね。
(Mioda: I understand, I'll be more careful... It's something my savior Mikan-chan says after all)
澪田:…だからそんな悲しそうな顔しないでほしいっすよー!そんな蜜柑ちゃんも可愛いじゃないっすかー!
(Mioda: ... So I don't want to see Mikan-chan making such a sad face!
You're so cute, Mikan-chan!)

Soon

Even though two never happened and the other is only ever implied. Maki/Kaito would be way more appropriate to call canon.

She did have a few quirks that weren't just "peppy upbeat protag", though. She's very quick to get frustrated, stoops to Miu's level by slinging out the boob taunts back at her, somewhat distrustful of Saihara at first and a bit two faced.

Of course she doesn't have much development because she's the first executed, but I don't think she's a totally flat character.

Spending the most important day with the one you love~

I-is that you, user?

Sure is.

I want to hope-fuck Komaeda!

Is one of the pairings supposed to be Amami/Angie or Amami/Korekiyo.
If it is both Amami is such a slut.

>Maki/Kaito

those two too, certainly. However Saihara compares their relationship to his relationship with Akamatsu and Kaede herself is all over his dick in chapter 1 of the story

Good.

Delivering the best tennis gremlin via window to spice up this thread.

>Naegiri never happened
??
>Hinanami never happened
>Implying Hajime never fucked his tulpa Chiaki

Only if he fucked her corpse

I find it funny that as someone who was sent to prison for killing mafia members, he was killed through being handcuffed and thrown into a tank to sleep with the fishes.

It's almost fitting enough to be an execution for him.

Hajizuru will make a sex robot that was exactly like the real Chiaki and put AI Chiaki in it

SHAFT already has two series that deal with despair and hope.
Szs and meguca.

What did TDR mean by this?

For the user who wanted to see Rantaro MMD twitter.com/re_i_dr/status/830676077198446593

How far are subs?

Was Kaede gay for wallpaper-chan?

>weird Shinbo direction
>headtilts
>different opening for each chapter like Monogatari series arcs
>executions

I wish.

Source?

>Comun, who is worst in your eyes? Korekiyo or Haiji Towa?

>I’ll go with Shinguuji. You can’t justify Haiji’s character no matter what, but you can at least try by painting him as a war victim. Shinguuji, on other hand, feels completely undefendable.

>Do you want to punch Shinguuji or Kodaka in the face?

>Both if possible.

>shaft
No thanks

Comun x Korekiyo OTP

How salty do you think he's going to be over HIKUSHON

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=61150906

Rough translation:
Mioda: Mikan-chan, gooood morning!

Tsumiki: Mioda-san (*cute smile*)

Tsumiki: Good morni... ...!?

Tsumiki: W-wwwwwww-hy are you wearing clothes like that!?

Mioda: Hoho? These clothes? This is just Ibuki's normal dress sense?

(Saionji: Gee... I have to deal with the pig barf first thing in the morning...)

Tsumiki: (Hawaawaa... Why is everyone acting oblivious...? Could it be a new outfit for a band? Or could it be a swimming costume and today you are supposed to wear a swimming costume?)

Mioda: It's just my normal clothes!

P2
Mioda: You're laid bare as well Mikan-chan

Tsumiki: Hyuuuuuhawawahyaaaaa!?!?

Mioda: What's wrong? Is your body feeling abnormal somewhere!?
Don't worry, alright? Everyone here will help you, OK!

Tsumiki: (W-wwwwwwwww-hy am I naked? Why am I naked? I swear I was wearing clothes a minute ago.
Don't look. Don't look. Please don't look at me. I'm alright, I feel fine.
Sorry for making you worry.
I'm alright. I'm alright.
Please leave me alone.
I'm begging you all, please go away over there!
Don't look at me. Don't state at me. Please don't look. Please don't stare)

Tsumiki: (No... This can't be. This must be a dream. Something like this can't be really happening

A dream...

Please let it be a dream...!)

Tsumiki: It.................. It was a dream...

That picture screams this:
>Initially going well. Smiles, winks and undressing.
>Kokichi takes more control of the situation, focuses mainly on Shuichi than Kaede
>Eventually it comes to a head when Kokichi starts taking Shuichi's ass for himself, just pounding away with tears flowing down his face.
>Kaede, sitting in the corner naked, thinking to herself where did it all go wrong.
>Ends with Kokichi laughing maniacally with the two other parties crying and shivering.

>being a war victim means you become a pedophile and child abuser even before the war happens

yeah, no. they're both parts terrible, but Shinguji is so over the top and unrealistic that he's far more entertaining and less disturbing than Haiji was.

>What are your thoughts on saihara?

>So far he has been the better game protagonist because I can get immediately get a sense of purpose out of him instead of thinking “This guy is just a self-insert” until their arc starts to kick off. Naegi's personality only became relevant in the last debate, Hinata about halfway through the last trial and Komaru when she chose not to leave Touwa City on chapter 4.

>Meanwhile, Saihara's conflict against the truth started ever since Akamatsu challenged him into revealing the truth in the first trial and got harsher when revealing the truth in the second only made him regret it even more. Chapter 3 is the only time so far he didn't regret revealing the truth, but that success only made the minor characters overreliant on him, which makes him pressured due to his lack of confidence. Then comes chapter 4 and this peer pressure (specially due to Ouma's interference) pushes him into pursueing the truth even further, which leads him to a huge fight with his best friend, the one who made him stand up again after the first trial.

>Having the road set from the start and being able feel a progress from Saihara makes him a far better protagonist than the 3 previous game ones. Still, like happens with most protagonist, I like Saihara but he is far from my favorites. I am indeed loving the way he is progressing though.

I can't wait.

Perfect.

What is this, a cover for ants?

That's hot, but have you considered: Ouma fucking Kaede from the back while looking Saihara dead in the eye, knowing that his jealousy and attention is entirely directed towards him.

And then he pounds him in the ass while laughing manically.

but they haven't done a series based off of truths and lies yet

and all that talk about how there is no concrete meaning to v3 and you make up your own reminds me of how ikuhara's stuff goes off the fuckin rail in the last few episodes, or the entire show is a wreck like yuri kuma

no an arc of monogatari doesn't count

They know what we want

Isn't the Kiibo you fight in the final PTA a 3D model?

Game rips when. I want videos with that one in it.

Oh man, now I really want to see smut with three of them.

>no an arc of monogatari doesn't count
Not even an arc - Nisemonogatari in general addressed the theme of truths and lies (or, more accurately, fake vs real) desu

Nope. They just did their own texturing on it this morning. It's a custom made.

ZETSUBOU DA

>Why Korekiyo Shinguuji went from one of your favorite characters to "I want to punch Kodaka in the face" I didn't play the game yet, but I don't care about spoilers

>Putting it shortly, Shinguuji is the culprit with the dumbest and most unsympathetic motives the series has ever produced.

>Shinguuji's backstory goes like this: He loved his older sister. Not only fraternal love, but also romantic and sexual love. Shinguuji's interest in humanity aside, this love was their only motivation for every thing.

>The problem of their lives is that nee-san had terrible health, so she was lonely and couldn't make friends because she spends too much time at the hospital. Years later, she dies, still lonely.

>Some time later, Free Time Event 7 stuff happened. After having a near-death experience in the bondage party, Shinguuji saw his sister's spirit and they began to share his body. She actually possesses him during a few points of the trial and always takes off the mask when she does. Harukawa believes he just went crazy and developed a split personality, but Tokuichi Touwa happened for real in DR:AE, so I believe the ghost.

>Nee-san is apparently still lonely in afterlife because she couldn't make friends when she was alive, so Korekiyo set himself a goal: make 100 friends for his sister. He already been observing people for work his whole life, so he decided to keep observing everyone and kill the 100 best girls he could find so they could become nee-san's friends in afterlife.

>His serial killer activity lasted for a big while, as he mentions before the execution that his only regret is dying so close to his desired 100 number. He also said all girls in the academy are good enough to be nee-san's friends, except Iruma and Harukawa.

i was actually thinking more of kaiki's arc first rather than nise, probably because i forgot it existed

>But the point that changed his motive from dumb to intolerable was his attempt to justify his murders. He argues that death is just a change of shape and therefore is not a big deal, so people shouldn't be mad at him for being a serial killer. This bullshit logic was written in a way that strongly insinuates that everyone who believes in afterlife has no qualms about killing. Chapter 3 has already being very shitty with its religious themes and that was just the final nail in the coffin.

>Now reread his second Free Time Event with that in mind and try not to cringe too hard.

KIBOU DA

>not killing 100 people for the sake of your waifu
fuck off normies

>It’s very important that each character is understandable inside their own context and Angie and her appendage characters are not. You can argue that Angie’s end goals were sorta good (many people disagree with that though) but her means to achieve it were literal dictatorship. The student council was completely bent to her will and the other student were repressed by fear of challenging the stronger opponents.

>Speaking of the student council, I hate them for the same reason I hate the DR3 version of the Remnants of Despair. It’s very unsettling to see characters you grew to like losing their human individuality. Just like in DR3, they all still retain their personality quirks and gags, but their lack of free will completely ruins my ability to care about any of these characters. Then, as I already said before, the return to the status quo at the end of the chapter is completely unnatural and forced to the point I couldn’t believe what I read.

>The chapter purposely left ambiguous whether she was doing the Mitarai thing or actually convincing everyone of her God’s presence, but that’s either terrible choice #1 or terrible choice #2. It being the Mitarai thing is bad for the same reasons the Mitarai thing and being the actual cult thing is bad because it makes the undoing of this plot line even dumber. The second option is at least salvageable if Angie’s changes to everyone weren’t completely ignored later, but I also think keeping the student council for the rest of the game would be annoying.

>By the way, I already went back and did all of Angie’s Free Time before starting chapter 5, so I can tell they went with first option. Angie’s drawings have the brainwashing effect.

>Shinguuji saw his sister's spirit and they began to share his body. She actually possesses him during a few points of the trial and always takes off the mask when she does. Harukawa believes he just went crazy and developed a split personality, but Tokuichi Touwa happened for real in DR:AE, so I believe the ghost.

Wait, is his sister genuinely possessing him? Isn't he just delusional? Especially considering that DR:AE is HICKSHON.

Post girl with the cutest smile

>Now for the Akamatsu, I think the chapter 1 thread already says everything I wanted to say about her. She is a character that surpassed all my expectations. She was advertised as a cheerful and proactive girl that do her best would lead everyone into safety and also as a pragmatic heroine who could resort even to lying or “taking advantage of a Class Trial” to save everyone. What I got was basically that but in a level beyond expected.

>Since the first opportunity, she aimed straight for the ringleader’s neck and did what she had to do. Even after she got the wrong guy, she acted like a true hero and decided not leave without fullfiling her promise of bringing everyone with her. She also did her best not to let go of the mastermind’s neck during the trial and, while that was not very successful, it’s still appreciated. She was an ideal hero to me.

>I also liked how we can tell every character has been affected and motivated by Akamatsu’s actions, to the point you could still feel her presence a lot in chapter 2. That was over in chapter 3 though, as Angie undid Akamatsu’s influence by making half of the cast give up on leaving the school, which another reason to hate the student council plot.

>There’s also a point that I’m not as salty as some other people about the protagonist exchange because I’m used to protagonists being one of the characters I care about the least in any stories. Of the top of my head, I can only think of one story (Steins;Gate) where the protagonist is my favorite character.

>Another factor is that I’m a completely sucker for narrators who decieve the audience without lying and I think both Akamatsu and her advertisement did that very well.

>Hoshi did nothing wrong

>Hoshi gets forgotten during his own trial

>His murderer is accepted by (most) of the cast

>He was willing to put his life on the line for everyone's sake.

(Did I do it right?)

There, next~

I doubt it, considering her attitude.