/dng/ Dueling Network General

Last thread: New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/

>Official /ygo/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)
●TCG: Fusion Enforcers (February 24th)
●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Tits!

I WANT A PAIZURI FROM ASUKA

So about the new whole shift on ygo. How fucked are we?

Will this work in the new age of yugioh?
>Have Level Eater in grave
>SS Gofu
>LE Gofu
>Sync for Sohaya
>LE Sohaya
>Sync Sohaya and LE for another Sohaya
>Sohaya's effect to SS Sohaya in grave
>LE one Sohaya
>Link for the Link 3 monster

Yes.
But you should just SS Gofu + Token into Link-3

Any kind anons know if there a link to watch Dark side of dimensions movie somewhere? All this talk of link summons and new rulings has me interested in yugioh again.

Reposting because I genuinely don't know the answer to these:

1. Can you still Synchro ladder using the monster in the Extra Monster Zone?
2. Would it be theoretically possible to Summon another generic Link 1 monster using a Link 1 in the Extra Monster Zone?
3. Does the Extra Deck Summon restriction affect Pendulums that are already face-up in the Extra Deck?

That's assuming we can use tokens for links, but I doubt we'll be able to.

Since we can use token to sync, there should be no problem.
Summoning mechanic isn't a cost.

No you fuck the monsters used for link summons must be sent FROM THE FIELD TO THE GRAVEYARD

IE NO PENDULUM LINKING AND NO FUCKING TOKENS

You're right, but it seems extremely broken if tokens can be used to Link.

>Be away from YGO for about 7 years
>Get back into in, figure out the new rules
>start winning matches regularly on YGOPro
>mfw Whole Game gets reworked

Depends on if people are willing to adapt. I actually like seeing a response from the playerbase. It means for once this is actually a big change.

Just like Synchro summon must be sent FROM THE FIELD TO THE GRAVEYARD.
But no, you can use Pendulum and token.

>tfw all the decks you own are still playable

This is plausible, although Konami might turn to us and say "You can't use for link summons, goy".

If Konami isn't completely retarded, then you won't be able to use tokens for link summons.

I hope Konami uses this reformatting of the roles to establish come consistency. Seems like that would also be consistent with attempting to bring in the casual and nostalgia crowd.

>If Konami isn't completely retarded
They released Link.
I don't think you need more proof.

But are they retarded enough to let you use tokens for link summons?

They released Link.
The answer is obvious.

Yeah is not like i wanted to play ygo or anything. Pssshh crazy talk

>Konami crippling their new pet in any way
Keep dreaming

So if you just have 2 EMZ by just having the average Link monster, i can just setup Panther Dancer and Drancia on Turn 1 and on the next turn, i'd just do my shit, not too bad.

How the hell do I build Naturia? I'm just doing it for the hell of it

Holy fuck these new rules. But I like it, love it when new zones are added.

Whenever Code of the Duelist and the structure deck come out.

There are two possible outcomes

People start ragequitting out of yugioh en masse, which will make konami panick and then kill Link summoning, apologize and make the format go back to 2016 again

or

Konami actually makes cards and more rules that do not outrightly kill character decks like HERO, Synchrons, Utopia and whatever shit yuya played or konami bans the shit that survived this nuke (i.e. Rituals, banning more monarch shit and killing Kozmo once it for all)

Migrate?

1 Uknown
2 Unlikely
3Most likely not since there's no metion of it this might get an exception with pendulum/ed monster combination.

Ok niggas I've been out since Shadolls since the powercreep got too out of hand for me, these new rules seem really fucking great and will make the metagame slower. Is Konami going to fuck me or should I stick with this game?

Its time to break out the GOAT decks fellas time to play the best format ever.

MORE YGO RELATED TITS?

also who is the most based archetype leader?

Are you going to enjoy needing to buy Link monsters and have them be mandatory in every single deck that uses the ED?

>new game changes

nice, time to play rock stun!

Triamids user, they go perfectly with gorgonic guardian.

After buying Mermails that became garbo after one format I'm sticking with Devpro

GUESS WHO NIGGA

u actually still can summon Cosmic or Quasar

>tfw Ojama Knight is more than enough

I want to lick Asuka's armpits.

One turn tripple quasar synchro masturbation is dead though.

>12 needed materials

Can this bring back Dragon rulers or lavalval chain or bring tour guide back to 3?

>dragon rulers
Double Dark Matter would take more than two cards, but it would still be degenerate as hell and the Rulers themselves can work with links very easily.
>lavalval chain
haha no
>tour guide to 3
It could go to three now fine. With links raping BA's corpse, it is definitely fine.

Anyone here playing Igknights Berserker Soul now that everything is fucked?

Why didn't they make the new cards red

You can actually do it easily with Fish using 3 cards (but 1 is Soul Charge, so not that consistant)

How do we break this card?

cyberspace is blue

MY SIDES

I wonder if I should try selling mine.

say goodbye to ur link monster :^)

Are people forgetting about a Field Spell that does basically the same thing but searchable by Terraforming?

And what's that?

Neither will probably see much play, but Senet has the advantage of not forcing you to minus first to summon a Link monster before you actually make your plays.

RIP

>like the link summoning mechanic
>don't mind the pendulum mechanic
>but they had to fuck the entire game over with the extra deck mechanic just for the shekels
man am I glad I don't actually buy cards

Why do people keep wanting this

Senet Switch can move ED monsters out of Linked zones and open them up

What the fuck did I miss? What changed?

They obviously wanted to slow the game down anyway. Forcing people to use up their shekels is just a bonus.

10/10

cardians could shit link monsters

There were so many ways to slow the game down by limiting Extra Deck summon while still introducing a new summon type and the choice they made was the worst possible.
In 1 year, Link spam archetypes will be a thing, and this change will be completely pointless.

read the op

Quasar turbo was kicked in the nuts, set on fire, shot in the face (twice), and then torn limb from limb. The torso of this carcass has been converted into a latrine for Link monsters.

Because we already have blue cards?

Don't worry, we'll get link fapping once the obligatory shit links have been released

but now we have blue cards with a cool honeycomb pattern.

also
>implying anyone ever used those blue cards

Konami killed the game harder than NAS killed DN.

I'm alright with the shilling because it puts the game in a healthier state. People are exaggerating like these cards are useless now. They're use has been limited yes, but we have no fucking clue what type of links we will get in the future. At the very least spam won't just be free anymore.

It's not like they were out of colors man, no need to repeat

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 1):

Fundamental Field Change 1: The Pendulum zone and Magic/Trap Zone have been collapsed together so that you have 3 purely Magic/Trap zones and 2 other zones that act either as Magic/Trap zones or Pendulum zones depending on what you put in it. In other words, if you are using two Pendulum monsters as scales, you now only have 3 open spaces for other magic and trap cards. Likewise, if you are filling all 5 spaces with magic and trap cards, you have no space to place any Pendulum monsters as scales.

Fundamental Field Change 2: Under normal conditions, Extra Deck monsters can no longer be summoned to the traditional 5-slot monster zones (which is now called "Main Monster Zones") from the Extra Deck. They can normally only be summoned to the newly created 2-slot "Extra Monster Zone" that is located in the center of the field between the players, directly in in front of the 2nd and 4th Main Monster Zones (i.e. in front of the 2 Main Monsters Zones that are not the leftmost/rightmost/middle ones). When there are no monsters in either Extra Monster Zone, the Extra Monster Zones are treated as not belonging to either player. The first player to summon an Extra Deck monster will have the ability to choose which of the 2 empty Extra Monster Zones they want to summon the monster in. The instant one of your monsters occupies one of the 2 Extra Monster Zones, the other empty Extra Monster Zone will belong to your opponent and you will no longer be allowed to summon a monster to that other zone as a result i.e. each player can only control 1 Extra Monster Zone at a time. The only way to have more than 1 Extra Deck monster on your side of the field is to utilize one of the newly created Extra Deck Monsters called "Link Monsters".

Probably the biggest rule change in the history of the game. The entire meta is basically thrown out, every play from every episode of the anime is essentially illegal now, and your deck is now literal unplayable shit until you buy the new cards.

Could have made them Yellow (like fake Ra) but Red is nice too (like fake Slifer)

EXPLANATION FOR NEWCOMERS/CONFUSED FOLK (PART 2):

Link Monsters are a type of Extra Deck monster whose card frame color is dark blue with a hexagonal honeycomb-like pattern. These monsters have neither level nor rank (i.e. they have no stars whatsoever, the space between their name and the picture is blank). Furthermore, where their defense stat would normally be located is instead the text LINK-X, where X is a number that varies depending on the monster. This is the Link Monster's link number. Link Monsters do not have a defense stat. They can NEVER be in defense position under any circumstances.

Steps to summon a Link Monster:

Step 1: Look at its link number.
e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3

Step 2a: Send from your side of the field a number of monsters equal to the Link Number of the Link Monster you want to summon (also keep in mind that you must satisfy the monster material requirement on the Link Monster card)
e.g. Decode Talker is Link-3, so you must send 3 monsters to the graveyard. Specifically in Decode Talker's case, these all must be effect monsters, since it says so on the card.

Step 2b: (Alternative to Step 2a) If one of the monsters that you send to the graveryard for a Link Summon is itself a Link Monster, you can treat that monster as if it were X number of monsters for the purposes of the summon, where X is it's Link Number. (also keep in mind that you must satisfy the monster material requirement on the Link Monster card)
e.g. You send two monsters to the graveyard and summon a Link-2 monster. Now, instead of sending 3 monsters to the graveyard to summon a Link-3 monster, you can instead just send the Link-2 monster + one other monster. Specifically in the case of Decode Talker, these all must be effect monsters and you must use at least two Monsters since it says so on the card, so you can't just use 1 other Link-3 monster.

u wot m8

>At the very least spam won't just be free anymore.
Link spam is free. They are insanely easy to summon, they can be used as materials to summon stronger Links, AND they are not restricted like the other ED mechanics are since they themselves are what allow ED spam to even happen. It's the worst possible combination between Xyz and Synchro.

But we already have orange cards?
why always red

its already in op
pastebin already

Look at me. I am your meta now.

THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BRIGHT GREEN

Help me

They should have been yellow like Yusakumydicklongtime's yellow hair when he goes VR mode.

What are you trying to achieve here, exactly?

Red-Eyes meta now! Kaiba BTFO

Yes, but people don't read. But you right, spoonfeeding only perpetuates the problem.

Why 2 breads?

Who does the pendulum nerf really hurt? Majespecters? What decks really did pendulum and set 5?

>made 5 hours later
fuck off

He's clearly trying to Spell Counter, but he hasn't a clue of how to do it effectively. I wonder if Metalfoes would help to put more counters on shit like Exemplar and pop them onto the Citadel for Endymion, but it's only a guess because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with Spell Counters either.

Are Bricklords meta now?

PICK ONE FUCKING THREAD

Nekroz.

actually, if you post a thread in one of the zones designated by the arrows on a Link Monster, you can control more than one at a time.

Since people are having some trouble I'll make this handy guide on if your deck is suddenly meta.

Does it run Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King?
>yes
Yes.
>no
No.

Just now thinking about it but fighting for control over the extra spaces sounds fun. Adds another layer to the game.

New meta

>arc-v ends without us ever getting different-scale pendulum cards
wew