[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Kiyonari at a rainy donington inspiration edition.

youtube.com/watch?v=H93kPnDQEqA

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck.
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jc-dB4DB7dg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for unrelated meme's

To the other yuro fazer user, my right foot is flat and my left is an inch or an inch and a half off the ground.

sad part is thats bigger than the real thing lol

It might not be long, but at least it's thin

Post your bike history and fall, if any, history.

>started 5 years ago on a restricted FZ6
>a year later swapped to 07 ninja 250 cos i wanted to be a cool 23 yearold guy
>stopped for a year then got a bandit 600 '01 for a few months, then a FZ6 again, then on a bandit 650 07, and now on a GSXR 600, k5

Only fell once at 10 kmph on the ninja due to following a car in traffic, and didn't have enough awareness to avoid a tile on the road, thought to loosen up and roll over it straight, bike flew right from under me.

>tfw my chicken strips are thicc cos i ride for 6 months through winter then stop for a year

The GSXR is my favourite so far, with the GSF 650 a close second simply cos it's extreme comfy.

Sup Sluts. I'm Finna buy a moterbikal and I'm a lard. I'm 6'2" and I weigh 260lbs. Is a ninja 300 or a yamaha r3 too slow for me?

Alright.. Don't know why the ones I was on were so high, or felt high.

>Sup Sluts
wtf WONT be replying to you

You are too slow.

Nah, but you are pretty big. Just go for a 600 street fighter.

>Started 5 years ago on YBR125C
>Have since owned an NC750X, VFR1200F, CRF1000L
>Fell 3 times on the YBR because of grabbing brakes
>Wrote VFR off when idiot pulled out of side street without looking

The VFR is still my favourite but if I'd bought another one I'd have lost my license by now, it was always happier at 140mph than 70.

Yeah the VFR's are a great in-between bike. Lot of fun can be had,

VMAX 1700CC, or MT-01 if you're a pussy

It's tragic that EURO4 killed the 1200. The 800 is great but it's not the insane speed monster the 1200 was.

Hyabusa

Turbobusa

Here's a better pic

>Bought a 1972 Honda sl125 for 600 out of a garage where it had been sitting for 34 years. Rode it for a month before I went 160 miles in a day and said fuck that.
>Sold that to a boomer for 900 dollars and bought a 1981 Honda cx500 deluxe. Rode that for 10-13k miles over the next 10 months
>Sold that, was nobike for a year, then bought a 1985 vt700c for 480 bucks. Put about 250 into it, and rode it for a month
>Sold it to a dude for 1600 and bought my 2005 Yamaha fz6 for 3k ish.

A friend has an 800, he was demolishing people on the track, and he was being careful since it's his street bike.

I was taken away by its performance.

That was my basic instinct. For reference I've been on a whole "stop drinking all day" thing and I've recently started Veeky Forums and I've lost about 55lbs in the last 3 months. I was looking at a Honda cbr500r, nothing I would be inclined to hoon too hard and enough torque to have fun.

Kek. Fat guy special bike. I'm looking for something fun to bash around on my commute.

start with a 500 or 650 if you think you're cool

Also
>Lowsided the CX500 riding on a dirt tail because I thought I could treat a 500lb turd like a dual sport.

Sup nigs. Where'd y'all ride today

>first bike was a RV125 rode it without a license for a few years on backroads
>4 years later turned 15, old enough to do a mofa license, 25km/h with pedals, derestricted it to do 50kmh. crashed it on gravel once and another time into the side of a car going way to fast in a 90° bend. nothing happened to car. carowner drove away
>a year later sold mofa, did 125cc license
>rode bike for 2 years legally, never once crashed that bike
>did the restricted motorcycle license with 18 (max 34hp)
>bought Fireblade and restricted it to 34hp
>pic related
>fell over once on the side of the road while trying to put my foot down. there was pothole no damage luckily
>2 years later allowed to open the fireblade up

other less notable bike:
>build up a plated trials bike Beta Rev3 250, sold 6 years later
>owned a Bandit 400, was shit sold two month later
>restored and plated a '81 Fantic Enduro probably sell it in the next year or so if i find a buyer
>currently restoring my gandpas scooter. first "bike" i ever rode on.

I figured. Any suggestions for a nice 500 to look for used?

>bought Fireblade and restricted it to 34hp

What cruiser is that?

The light is ug as fug

Yeah that's a good choice, can't go wrong with it or the general street fighters, the GSF600, FZ6, the CB 600's. Reliable bikes, comfy, easy. You can have fun on 250's easily as well, people just gush needlessly over top end.

the cb500 is pretty good
you could start with a 300 just fine though

Thank you

I would not recommend an fz6 to a beginner.

>TFW you will NEVER ride a gen 1 gsxr750 through the hills of Appalachia

Indian chief. It is

Thanks for the (you)'s. I'm thinking about copping an old fz6 for myself and grabbing my wife a little rebel 300 off the shelf.
For reference I've been a classic car guy and drift whore my whole life, I'm not afraid to wrench

He must mean a 600rr, and even then i don't think you can restrict it to that amount while being legal cos it's some bullshit about the restricted power being less than the full power when doubling the restriction.

On second thought, he probably means 600f

He could mean a cbr250rr

Honestly, have you read the sticky yet? There's a great picture and infographic the for your exact questions.

>I would not recommend an fz6 to a beginner.

It was my first bike, restricted but only on the throttle to 7k revs, full power till then. IT's a completely fine bike to learn on, and it's very reliable if he slips or falls.

600;s aren't bad for first time riders.

Sorry, I have Autism

>600;s aren't bad for first time riders.
have you ridden a real 600?

I'm on a GSXR 600 k5 now, user.

I agree it is better to start on a smaller bike, but it's completely doable on a 600-non-crotch-rocket if you havee the confidence.

>It's fine restricted to 7k
Bruh, the one we, and that guy got, makes very little power below 8k.

The problem isn't that RPM, it's when he's chilling at 9k RPM around a turn and he hits a bump and his wrist twitches out of reflex and all of a sudden a hundred horsepower hits the rear wheel.

It's a slightly detuned r6 motor, and a supersports is definitely not recommended for a learner.

That's okay, you're on Veeky Forums. We all do.

Nope I mean a 2002 CBR 954RR.
For starters the law you quoted was applied in all of europe except for germany, which somehow messed up the universal motorcylce license law that should have been used in all of europe. you could legally retrict any bike back then.
Keep in mind this was in 2011 the law has since been renewed

If you want you can google it
Drosselkit 25 kW für Honda CBR900RR, SC50

Artikelnummer: 02-SC50-K25
alpha technik

>cruizer losers

didn't it run awfully?

Damn, my bad then. Nice going then.

short answer:
yes

long answer:
It had the restricting plates in there and a throttle lock or whatever it is called so you could not open the throttle up completely.
logically I i hit the the throttle lock with a hammer so I could open the throttle more. But I think this made it actually worse. It would run really well until I opened the throttle more than what it originally was designed to do with this restriction. Then its felt like loosing power.
You couldn't just WOT it (well WOT would have been a fem millimeters at most lol) cause that wouldn't be where the bike would make all of the 34hp.
In retrospect I should not have modified the restriction in hopes to get more power. It would have probably run better.

Sure I could have taken out the plates and everything, but that would have been very obvious If I would have had a crash

>europoor eternally cucked by nanny state big brother licensing laws
>most of the brainwashed masses are ok with this

> i posted it again

it doesnt magically become untrue

ever

>
>Sorry, I have Autism
Kek

W8 does it just restrict some of the cylinders and not others, or did you just not put some of the restrictors in yet?

>100hp at the rear wheel
not even at peak power.
>causes by a bump or wrist twitch
You have got some serious issues if you can't control the throttle on a 600.
>supersports not recommended for a learner
The power is one of my lesser concerns here. The short steering lock, riding position, and geometry of the bike are more of the issue there

I'm not going to argue the merits of this. I think the sticky is very concise in this topic. I implore you to read that and post a counterargument at that time.

Traded in my grom for a cb five hundo

What are you trying to prove?
>sticky is very concise in this topic
>2 pages just to say not to start on a supersport

The fz6 has a supersports motor that is down by 15 horsepower, and after riding my buddies r6 the throttle reacts the same way.

I'm not saying it is impossible to start on one, I'm just saying that it is not a great idea in America with our unrestricted models. It would be a better choice to get an sv650 or ninja 650 or something.

V I Ñ A L E S
I
Ñ
A
L
E
S

MAVRICK
A
V
R
I
C
K

Not sure if the shaking is from my front tire skipping a bit or if my rotors are fucked.

Do you have ABS

No. Also I don't feel any kind of pulsing sensation in the lever. Hot spots or warpage would make my lever pulse right?

>1998+30 years
>Having abs
Kys

Might just be skidding from lack of traction

Don't talk to me tripfag

its your ball bearings prolly

The wheel bearings? I didn't feel any play when I was working on the front end. I'm going to change the fork oil soon so I will check them again then.

Complete noob question: when people talk about dumping or dropping the clutch they mean just releasing without easing it out at all, right?

Dbt everyone

no you remove the pivot and cable then drop the lever on the road. The removed weight from the front of the bike makes the front come up in a wheelie

Yes. Just letting it go all at once and pinning the throttle

It's when the bolt isn't screwed in properly and it falls out of the metal clamp, happens to dirtbike riders all the time due to friction.

98 600f4 has a lot of vibration in the steering column and a knock in the clutch basket. Fuck is the problem?

Too much nigger cock.

We did some hoon shit today.

Webbums incoming.

have you ever actually posted a webm before?

Nice tail tidy

youtube.com/watch?v=jc-dB4DB7dg feels comfy mane

We found a door and a stump

rip in pieces

>be me
>sr250 crapapotamus
>dropped a bunch of times in my backyard when I was learning to slide stop on wet grass but no real damage
>riding home from school
>decide to ride side saddle and engine brake all the way home
>going ok
>get to sleepy neighborhood
>stop at stopsign
>drop it as I stop
>nothing I could do because both my feet were on the wrong side
>Slams into ground destroying my mirror and some other parts
>old granny behind me pulls up slowly and rolls down window
>"NICE MOVES SONNY!"
>I yell back, "THANKS!"

>light turns yellow as I'm going down the hill
>apply brakes, rear wheel starts to fishtail
>still going around 30mph, will end up stopping in the middle of the intersection
>fuck it
>blip on the throttle and run through the red light

Didn't want to fucking endo over my handlebars, now I'm angry at myself.

How slow is it?

And some random dude on a Triumph 1055. He pussied out doing the jump, then let me do it on his bike, which convinced him to do it himself.

Then we found a ghetto skate park.

No more webbums, Henry has the rest of the videos still.

>autism speaks
And also yells thanks

Had my bike in the shop, rode it back home.

>lane surfing at 60 in a 45
>slide into right lane, always try and avoid right lane
>person in front of me makes sudden right turn
>brakebrakeBRAKEBRAKE
>rear brake fails
>front brake pretty much fails too
>engine brake for whatever reason isn't doing anything either
>jump a curb
>look like a douche
and that's why you don't hoon on a bike that's falling apart

>no helmet cam webms
y

Free bullying, just step right up

>being on the right side of the bike where all the space to walk down is on the left

>filming him instead of helping him

You're both dumb goys

where is this?

Ask a dumb question, get dumb answers.
But to the question..
Yes.

Didn't bring GoPro, next time I will though.

Treasure Island

115mph, buttery smooth shifting, 60mpg.

It's pretty much the perfect commuter bike.

Daily reminder that bandit a best.
>life changing torque
>dead simple mechanics
>can lean
>all day comfy
>loaded with amenities
>reliable beyond 100k miles

Enjoy taking hourly rest breaks on your supersports, plebs

Realease very quickly, never go 0-100 real quick on the clutch
But like fast you know.