2000 Chevy s10 2wd 2.2l 4cyl

2000 Chevy s10 2wd 2.2l 4cyl
Reliable truck? Anyone ever own one?

Why even get it if it doesn't have 4WD or a V6?

Why not if he's not planning on towing shit?

Don't need a 4wd, and I'm not towing, just want to know if they are reliable .

get a wagon or something that won't rust to death, kill you on fuel, and make you look like someone who only listens to jefferson aeroship

Get the Ford Ranger 2.3L instead. They don't rust AS hard (they do but there are just so many to choose that people don't bother repairing them when they do rust) and have much more aftermarket support.

I agree with that. However, Americans must have their pickups for some reason.

someone bls post obligatory "nah gief me the trucc senpai" picture

>user wants a pick up
>yurotard: "just get a van/wagon lol"

what is with yuropoor and their hate for pick ups? every pick up thread there's always a faggot recommending an anemic work van that would get stuck in a ditch the second it drove on an American back road

Why would you drive into the ditch

a faggy yuro van with thin tires because of muh mpgs, shit suspension and shit clearance would get wrecked after a week of driving on murican dirt roads.

I had some yuro spaz telling me to get some cuckmobile 2wd van even after I told him I drive in Canadian back roads that aren't maintained regularly so you're literally driving on ice and snow

>why would you drive into the ditch?

because that's what would happen if you tried to drive your faggy ban in America.

Not to mention, pick ups are cheap and plentiful, vans are rarer, and thus, always more expensive

Winter tires are awesome, dudeman, try 'em

winter tires won't give you clearance and 4x4

I drive a Ford Ranger and told him to get a wagon or a van. Those subarus are great for light fire/ access roads as whale.

However, if you live innacity, vans are another great alternative.

You goin rock crawling or something?

A Ranger with the Mazda engine and trans would be better

put lunchbox lockers on your Chevrolet Venture, user

Anyone know if the 2.2 motors are any good

Le sigh, exx dee. Yes user. They're essentially just half of those old V8s that were reliable as hell but destroyed fuel and had little to no power.
Throttle body injection does that to you. Apparently easy to turbo as well.

I am just getting it for light duty purposes for when I need a truck handy I have one now but it's too big I am selling and replacing it with a smaller one I'm looking at a 2000 Chevy S 10 with 146,000 miles on it it has the 2.2 L four-cylinder, it is not a perfect truck and already has rust I'm not worried about the rest I just want to know about the motor

>ford ranger is "too big"
chebby s10s are more or less the exact same size

No I don't have a ranger I have a 97 f150 extended 4x4

Is there are reason you refuse to visit S-10 forums and come here instead?

Are you too stupid to use the internet properly?

Why u no type

>S-10 forums

into search engine??? OP = retard even by Burger standards.

Yes, engine is acceptably reliable but you won't know enough to check it out because u no use proper forum. How dare you come here with tech questions? This is /b/ with carz. Idiot.

You'll miss the F150.

Canadafag here.

I own the 4.3 L, 4x4 lifted version of the truck in OP's post (mine has been super reliable, but different engine so idk. I think the 2.2 is the same engine as the pontiac sunfire)

4x4/awd is a must as soon as you're out of the cities.

Try driving up a winding dirt driveway in a foot of fresh snow with 2wd and tiny tires. Winter tires wont save you

Unfortunately due to Vanlife fags any 4x4 van (big ford econoline vans etc) is either crazy overpriced or beat to shit around my area

>they dont rust as hard
Hahahahahahaha

is that 2.2 still the iron duke derivative? those things are terrible performing, but run forever agricultural blocks...

peep the thing in the brackets ( )

you just saw a ranger/tacoma/s-10 thread and wanted a raisin to post that picture. even if it's unwarranted and already addressed.

most of the s10's the 2.2 went into had multiport my bro the tbi mostly went into the cavalier and other econocars

nah they got ride of those a few years before they put the 2.2 in the s10

Its Jefferson Starship, Or Jefferson Airplane.

Yes. That was the joke user.

I had a Sonoma with the same motor 5 speed and cab. It was a great truck for the 25k miles I put on it. Got it for 1900 and sold it for 1200. Put winter tires on the back and 400lbs of sand over the back axel and you'll be alright in most snow

I never understood fags who insist on buying a 2wd truck because "I don't need the 4wd" then

>have to haul 500lbs of sand to have traction
>have to get winter tires
>get stuck in a ditch anyway

just give the extra shekels for 4x4 since you're wasting money on toe trucks, sand and winter tires anyway ffs

It all came w the truck for 1900 so Idk senpai

it's the only way you can cry like a man

at least you'll have people complementing your radials

Will be using the truck for a dump runs and general stuff around the house etc. won't be driving into much snow

The funny part is other than the spare tire carrier area, the frame isn't that bad. That shit is not even close to rotten. I'd drive that anywhere after replacing the brake lines and the leaky differential cover.

Why does ford trigger this guy so hard

Get a 4 cylinder ranger, pretty much better in every way.

4.3L dont die.
Do it faggot.

>I think the 2.2 is the same engine as the pontiac sunfire
OP, I would not want a truck with this motor in it. I would not want anything from a shitbox GM j-body in my mid sized truck.

Im a Canada fag and will more than likely get a B-Series 2.3L 2WD sometime in the future. Winter tires and weight in the back should suffice. I mostly drive when shit is plowed anyway.

Jefferson Zeppelin
>WE BUILT THIS CITY ON A WHOOOLE LOTTA LOOOOVE

Towards the end the Ranger only offered 4x4 with the thirsty 4L V6. IIRC, the stopped offering the 3L V6 with 4x4 in 2003. The stopped offering the 4cyl 4x4 even earlier.

I dunno why Ford/Mazda didn't make the last Rangers/B Series with the 2.3L Duratec with a 4x4 option. The Lima was weak on HP compared to the newer 4cyl.

>4.3L dont die.
Unless they are in the DexCool Head gasket/lower intake munching generation, then you get the fuel spider to deal with too. We won't even get into the 4L60E issues. I'd rather have a 2.2 or Iron Duke.

Kek my accord has a bigger engine. Why don't you get a more utilitarian 4 door car or wagon instead of a 2 door pickup? You will barely be able to tow anything in it anyway

98-04 2.2ls are very reliable. The 94-97 2.2ls have head gasket problems.

The 5 speed manual is reliable, automatics depend on how well they were taken car of.

The extended cab gets shittier gas mileage, the automatic gets shittier gas mileage. It barely has the power to move the truck around and will get city mpg the same as a 1500 truck with a v8.

Regular cab manuals are the way to go if you really want the 2.2l
They are cheap and easy to work on though, and you can get every single part in a junkyard. I drove a 99 for almost 7 years.

Get a ZR2

> It barely has the power to move the truck around and will get city mpg the same as a 1500 truck with a v8
[citation needed]

>trying to climb a hill in your 2wd S10

What truck in the >2k range gets best mpg and reliability

s10

Having owned i4 2wd trucks...
They fucking blow. you cant tow or haul the truck up hills let alone any added weight. The gas milage is shit, the engine doesnt last long because you have to floor it EVERYWHERE to even keep up with traffic. if you live in the north you will get stuck as much as a car and have to get towed by real trucks and the gas tanks are TINY, you have to fule every few days.
Buy a car, or a real truck...

Post equivilent vans or wagons

The pickup defense unit and eurovan fags are just as bad as each other.

>Spare tire carrier

That's part of the bed. In fact. You actually can't see the frame in that image.

Yeah, I own a '98 model which is the exact same truck since they didn't update the thing from, like 98 to 2002 or so. I think the '03 model got flex-fuel or something.

It's cheap to own; the 2.2l is bombproof but is the most boring engine ever put in a vehicle; I get around 23mpg with a 5 speed manual; easy to fix in the rare event that something breaks; the build quality is typical 90s GM which is to say sucky.

Basically it's cheap to own and it's reliable. Other than that it sucks balls. Buy a Japanese truck if you want a pickup.

transfer cases sound like something that will break and then ill either need to fork over what little money I have to fix it or fork over what little money I have to buy something else

>transfer cases sound like something that will break
>sound like something that will break

what the fuck is this even supposed to mean?