Daily bike thread - dbt

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

>Motorcycle shit

map: google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

webms with sound: Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1RfbCcCo7ndf-cajOi6YnulPvNb6cNCDBUdVn0KE4Chc/viewform?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Re-Re-REEE-Repost

Guys, I need help

First of all I'm going to buy my first bike soon and I don't really have much money, will be using my scholarship and some help from my mother

Things to consider:
>It's my FIRST bike
>I like """cruiser""" type and can't spend more than 2,000 - 2,500 USD on it (40,000 MXN ~)
>My "go to" are Suzuki GZ150 and Bajaj Street 220 (Something like a VStar is way out of my range price, it costs the double)
>I live in a third world country (México) so I don't have many options available here
>Wanna buy a new one because used ones are almost always very poorly maintained because they don't even give a single fuck about them
>I will be only using it for going to college (Really, nothing else)
>I won't need more than 250cc because traffic

What do? Do you have any other options, advice? Should I an hero?

Vote nigs

docs.google.com/forms/d/1RfbCcCo7ndf-cajOi6YnulPvNb6cNCDBUdVn0KE4Chc/viewform?

get a sym 150 wolf or that bike

How does i?

What is this

How bouncy is the rear shock of a typical sport bike? My F4i rebounds really harshly. Not sure if that's an issue with my shock, or if I'm just too used to the heavily dampened suspension of dirt bikes.

Make a scooter? same way you make a monkey bike

Get a honda shadow for less than 2k Usd all day. 750 or 1100. Also rebel. Also suzuki savage.

yeah, but you can't go wrong with a low end cruiser just for commuting around the city

Super ameri(ca) meet
It'll be memes IRL basically

If you are buying new because of reliability concerns, I suggest you choose something from the dealer with the service department you have the most confidence in. Visit your local dealers and just look in on the service deps... The less ghetto, the better. Do the techs look like they have received training ever? Do they look like they can read?

That being said, with cruisers, bigger engines mean a more pleasant riding experience, so don't skimp more than you have too.

>dr650 for 1000 on the other side of the state
>Needs repair. Under tarp for 12 years. Carburetor stuck.
tfw no truck or other way to haul bikes

One can show up without being a voter yes?

>carburetor stuck
wat

You have a single carb my dude, that's easy as shit to make work. Carbs are pretty dang simple

Can confirm. Just fill your intake with starting fluid, and keep the choke taped open. Add some seafoam to your gas and you're golden

>under tarp for 12 years
leave it there.

Seems like that dr was dropped in a pile of bullshit

lol, it's not mine (yet...), it's a craigslist ad

and yeah, that's my point, I know I could buy it and make it work. But I can't haul it from there to here.

That will make it start, I'd do a deep clean on one like that though, just because it's so damn simple

Yeah you can but why not vote too? Lol

Italika TC200 or 150.

Did you make that?

No. I want to. Cant figure out how they did the wheels

I wouldn't touch that. The tires, brakes, chain and lines have been outside for 12 years. $1000 is not a reasonable price for non-running dr650 that has been outdoors that long.

Should I buy the best overall protection I can afford, or splurge on a helmet and boots, cheap out on everything else and upgrade as I go?

I can buy a Vesta 200cc scooter for 1250$, seems like a pretty good price. Catch is that it has 20k miles on it. Is that too much? How many more miles can I get out of it?

I fell for the super moto meme

does anyone else ride more recklessly when they're hungry? i realised I do this earlier today, similar to when I'm angry, riding while hungry makes me impatient and irate and it's reflected in my riding. Anyone else?
Same thing for leathers really, in jeans and a jacket i'm a lot more comfortable and i'm happy to cruise slowly etc, but in my full leathers and boots im uncomfortable and I guess the preshape of the jacket and trousers just makes me wanna go fast and get hektik. This is the only argument i can think of against going atgatt - i genuinely ride more safely and carefully when I'm wear less protection

also toast bikes

Hey /dbt/, I am here to ask your opinion about which of these three bikes is the best for a beginner.

Honda CBR650F
Kawasaki Ninja 650 (2017)
Yamaha FZ6R

These are the three bikes I've narrowed it down to, so any feedback would be appreciated.

>FZ6R
Newer version? Its pretty comfy, would recommend to a beginner.

>riding while hungry makes me impatient and irate
I'm always impatient and irate.

rrrrrreeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Got towed home for 20 €. New cable arrives Tue or Wed when the weather is shit again. Missing ride with new buddy as a result. FUCK.

>implying Super Burgermeet will ever happen

Yeah, the new one. It seems pretty sweet.

They're all pretty quick bikes, the fz6r is pretty nice I just rode one 2 days ago, but you may want to go with a vtwin bike as a beginner like sv650
I wouldn't suggest buying new, you are probably gonna drop bike at some point.

There are two of us planning, it's gonna happen

>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

pay denbts

I know it sounds stupid, but I just hate the way the SV650 looks. I know it's a great bike, but I'm just not attracted to them. I feel the same way about other nakeds in the class too, like the FZ-07 and the Z650.

>honda quality

Summoning Shivvy
Should I buy a shiv, striple, z750, or fz8
Shiv is surprisingly the cheapest

Have you looked at older faired sv's? They're great bikes

Rode it last biketoberfest. Beside being comfortable, it corners pretty well and has enough engine to grow into as a noob

If it is a P-200 manual shift it still has a lot of life in it. However, at 20k it might need a engine rebuild, it is a 2-stroke.

>go to motorcycle expo with dad
>BMW stand, here we fucking go
>immediately heads for the K 1600 GTL
>"oooh I like this one"
>tell dad to sit on 750 gixxa and whatever Panigale was there for shits and giggles
[sound of balls being crushed]
>Yamaha stand
>sits on FJR1300, Jew immediately scurries over and starts listing off all the things that make the FJR1300 the BEST TOURING BIKE (TM) and how dad should order one RIGHT THE FUCK NOW but of course the FJR1300AE because let's face it aftermarket luggage is sooooo ugly and usd forks are sooo important and blah blah blah
>it's super effective!
>gross him out with MT-10 and Z1000
>Kawasaki stand
>hey dad wait here a sec, I'll go sit on the Z1000 real quick
>do that
>come back
>dad is gone
>look around
>sits on a Z650 with a big grin
>first time a naked bike has aroused his 56 year old willy
>tell him about the ER6n
>leave, walk past all the parked bikes outside, show him ~2014 ER6n
>intrigued
Welp, I found him his first bike after 15 years of bike abstinence. It was fun with him.

I meant to post a pic.

Is that a good company? Never heard of it before

I'll search for a Shadow, sadly they don't sell the savage here

I know man, I really wish I could buy bigger shit but that's for later, when I get a nice job after college
Will check the dealers though

Fuck no, Italikas may be the best-selling motorcycles here but I just don't seem to trust them, dem chinese shit

>Have you looked at older faired sv's? They're great bikes

first gens are cheap as FUG too

>FJR1300
What's wrong with it, other than buying it from kkk

t. father considering getting one

No joke, I'd rock one. Max comfy and yuge power

new rider here

what are some good jackets to wear while riding at night?

I live in Florida and on my way back from Daytona I damn near froze to death (wore 2 hoodies and 2 shirts)

what do you guys wear? what is best for comfy night time rides?

>what are some good jackets to wear while riding at night?
The same jacket you wear in the day? Just put your brights on.

Nothing, and if I was looking for a tourer I'd probably get one. The merchant was just in max overjew mode, and it got dad out of the "I need a big BMW tourer" mindset. I don't really see the point of getting the AE over the regular A.
Also the mode switch is like half an indicator switch instead of a button despite working like one. Tickles my autismal gland slightly.

I don't have a jacket I just wear a hoodie too and from

Consider leather gear

Yeah, that's really going to help when he's freezing.

Get decent textile gear with protectors, for god's sake.

>I don't have a jacket I just wear a hoodie too and from
get real gear. fucked my shit up when i crashed because squiding. Jacket and gloves worked perfectly. Jeans and tennis shoes did not

Troll?

Just get any decent leather jacket and wear layers under it
I have a few thermal shirts that are for skiing but I wear them on the bike when it's cold under a hoodie or two and the jacket and it's pretty comfy
Also get boots and gloves if you don't have them

It will. Leather is a killer windbreaker and it insulates well.
>T. Someone who rode nonstop through Oregon for a year

soflo fag here, the two days of the year when its cold I wear this.

Do you even know what cold is?

fuck off shit kat

>tfw no m65
Fugg

pretty simple, you need to block the wind, 2 layers of material that wind can penetrate won't help.

Put on something that stops the airflow and you'll notice the difference immediately.

Stay BTFO

I really spent all the money I had on the Bike without even thinking that it might eventually get a little cold out here in Florida.

I've got boots
I don't have gloves either, I'm currently using really shitty walmart gloves that wind just passes right though

Don't you have fat hairy greaser ass to jerk off to, feggit?

yeah i went to missouri back in january when those winter storms were fucking up the south.

Down here though i wear it for my highway commutes and for max comfy. Regardless of what you say mid 40-50 at 80mph is no fun

Wtf is this? Top speed?

a lot of people wouldn't expect FL to get chilly but once you've had great weather for a while and then a cold front sweeps in it gets cold QUICK.

Where did you order this jacket from?

>I've got boots
good no boots this happens.
>I don't have gloves either
buy nice gloves cause skin takes a good while to grow back
I live in MO. I have never understood why anyone chooses to come here for any sort of vacation. Can you explain?

>Regardless of what you say mid 40-50 at 80mph is no fun
That's normal temperatures. I love 0-5°C for riding actually.

Not him but I think they've got M65s on the kommando store.

what type of material gloves though, would it be strange to wear elk gloves?

I've seen those kevlar knuckled ones but they don't look very comfy for long rides

kommandostore. They might have ran out though

Just get a cheap pair of motorcycle gloves that have good protection off Amazon, you can spend like $50 on em and they'll be fine.
Make sure your boots have ankle protection, dropping a bike on your leg while moving doesn't feel good
But a jacket won't be cheap, I would just look used on Craigslist or something even tho it's kinda gross.
I got mine for free from a family member who wore it once in the 90's, it's a little big but I'm a skelly so oh well

>Can you explain?
Drove down to the ozarks, which for a flatlander like me was great. Great trails and rural roads, it was low season so that kind of sucked.

Does stuff like this actually provide any protection or is it just for squids cause it looks cool? I was thinking about getting something like this because I could just wear it by itself when it's hot or throw a hoodie or something waterproof over it when it's cold.

I've got some cheap sedici gauntlets and they never give me any problems. I usually only ride like 2-4 hours though. get gloves that wont shred on pavement immediatley with contact.

Been to the ozarks a few times got friends with campers/houses down there. Not big on fishing though since i suck at it. The private lakes are way nicer though. you can just do whatever and most people dont care.

shit like that is good for dirtbikes because impact protection from rocks and trees and shit.

if you ride on the street wear leather.

kys you subhuman

Done ;)

how does a 'fashion' leather jacket hold up compared to a bike specific one? Not talking about impact (obviously no padding / armour), I mean in terms of abrasion... I know for a fact my dianese jacket is 1.3mm leather hide & my fashion normal leather jacket is also 1.3mm. By this logic will both save my skin for the same distance at the same speed?

>what type of material gloves though, would it be strange to wear elk gloves?
Get actual motorcycling gloves. A beautiful pair of comfortable leather gloves aren't worth shit if they burst open on contact with high-speed asphalt because the stitching wasn't designed to hold up. CE Cat 1 is good to aim for as a minimum. CE Cat 2 is going to be a bit more expensive, and generally less comfortable, but more protective.
Look for gloves with hard palm-sliders too. The big chunky knuckle protectors look nice, but it's the palm that's likely going to hit the road because that's your reflex on falling over, and if it's just a leather pad then it can wear through more easily or worse, 'grab' onto the ground and snap your wrist over doing nasty things to your hand bones.

>Lorenzo
>Markek

Rossi will win his 10th this year. Cap this post

sauce

>how does a 'fashion' leather jacket hold up compared to a bike specific one? Not talking about impact (obviously no padding / armour), I mean in terms of abrasion... I know for a fact my dianese jacket is 1.3mm leather hide & my fashion normal leather jacket is also 1.3mm. By this logic will both save my skin for the same distance at the same speed?
Not all leather is equal (treatments, sources, full-grain vs. machines finish, etc), but above all that is stitching. A fashion jacket needs to hold up to you waving your arms around and be as cheap as possible to manufacture. A motorcycle jacket needs to be slid at high speed against the road without any seams breaking. Double-stitching, multiple seams, captured seams, saddle-stitching, multiple-overlaps, etc. A bunch of different techniques that are bulky, expensive and uncomfortable when used in a fashion jacket.

I'm not sure, but I think it also have to do with how the leather was tanned and the part of the cow. Purse leather is still very soft compared to boot leather and they could be the same thickness
>T. Someone who has a goat on his feet right now

>shoes on inside

I don't live in a place with dirt and this house has hardwood flooring or laminate.

Also I'm not taking my boots off just to go inside, this is America not Japan.

Do YOU take off your shoes in McDonald's?

Goat on your feet and cock in your ass. #justkkkthings
I genuinely wish I could slap you over the internet.

Sorry my house isn't a mosque

My house has a stone floor. Shoes are going off in the hallway.

I don't shitpost from a McD

>not putting your shoes in the fridge

But at McDs you're technically inside.

>people seriously wear shoes inside their own homes

Absolute pleb-tier people.

Let me rephrase it

>shoes on inside a house

>I genuinely wish I could slap you over the internet
Slapping is for women, and physical confrontation when upset is for poor people.

That's fine. I don't, nor would do that. I don't want to look at people's feet or socks

kys